Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

Congrats Dan! I'll be buying him for sure!
    END OF LINE

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Maybe in its mouth can be stored Scareglow's key!

By the way Castle Grayskullman it's mine!
    Last edited by Mamblo; July 13, 2012 at 10:55am.

Um, well...I like the swords!

They are from the illustrated flag that came with the original Castle Grayskull.

Otherwise, I'd a bit perplexed frankly.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Hey all - since the winner knows now and this thread is marked as spoilers (and this was a slip up from Matty), no need for spoiler tags from here on out... thanks for being considerate.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    That would be me. I am Daniel Benedict. Man, I hope everyone likes this character. I can't possibly describe how happy i am right now. Oh my... I'm in shock.
    congrates man,

IMOA , i quite like the figure, good concept for classics, far better then anything i'd come up with, very happy for ya !

Heroic Warrior
    I really like this figure...

Heroic Warrior
    For what it's worth... I see him as an army builder figure. Someone else alluded to the idea of him being part of the castle, and he is a guardian that lives within the walls of it. Nice idea there... What's cool is Mr. Benedict will be getting a crap load of these figures as part of the winnings... perfect army right there.

The name is lame though, sorry... hope it wasn't your idea Dan.

My immediate reaction when I first saw the figure was wow...he looks awesome.

Sure, I would have preferred a female character...especially a snake woman but this guy just looks really cool. Not sure about the name and the bio could be a big mess but he will look great on a shelf.

Tons of people will hate on it but I'm thinking a lot of that will come from jealousy over their entry not winning. If this is the winner, it'll be in my top two favorites of the 30th anniversary line...so far anyway.

An awesome looking figure with a silly name/messy bio is way better than a lame looking figure with a silly name/messy bio.

That would be me. I am Daniel Benedict. Man, I hope everyone likes this character. I can't possibly describe how happy i am right now. Oh my... I'm in shock.
    Congrats to you!

I love the inclusion of the vintage Grayskull parts! Especially the swords. The name... meh ,could be better but I guess it describes exactly what we're seeing.
    Sorta like a Grayskull Golem. Congrats to the winner.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I'd like to think of this guy as being like one of the stone soldiers that get animated during the battle at the end of Harry Potter.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I like the creativity for this character. I don't really care for the name but the concept is cool and I think a good bio can make up for non-creative name. Personally I would go the route of a spirit that haunts the castle and or defends it. One idea I thought up was if there were no defender of the castle for a short period of time, would this character be a manifestation of the castles defenses? Or could he be a guy who secretly snuck into the castle and the castle transforms him into this? A cool concept, poor name, but a good bio will make it work.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

For the next Q&A we can ask this question;

"Scott, how does feel now that you have had Digital River mess up two years in a row? Now multiply that by every month and you can understand how us collectors feel about Digital River"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Ooooooooooooooooooooops, it is probably real then.

Is masque being serious? I thought by his emoticon he was joking.
    I'm serious. Thanks for everyone who is congratulating me. I'm just wondering if theyre going to use my bio idea too.
    I hope not too many people hate this character. But as of right now, i'm the happiest ive ever been, so it'll take alot to get me down...

After further review, I like the shield, too. As for the rest, still computing.....

AWESOME. Man that is cool!! Friggin' crazy lookin'! Ever since someone in the art forum drew a "Grayskull guard" of a sort, I've wanted some sort of Grayskull protection device. I always thought that robot in the cardboard thing in the toy castle was like that, but that drawing (I wish I could find it) made me fall in love with the idea that there would be some Grayskull themed armor that protects the castle. 'Course I dunno who this is or how it will be used, but if I don't like it I'll just use it how I wish!

Anyway, the details and just mindblowing. If it's one thing I love, it's getting weapons based on obscure stuff like that. That is SO COOL to get those swords! And the shield! This whole thing is just fantastic. Even the nutty hair comin' off him. This is awesome. I love it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Man, I freaking LOVE this character! It's such an awesome design, and very original. He could be some king of magical warrior comprised of the very stones of Grayskull, brought to life by the Sorceress...or a creation of Skeletor to try to gain access to the castle...

Just awesome...congrats to the winner! GREAT job!
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I'm serious. Thanks for everyone who is congratulating me. I'm just wondering if theyre going to use my bio idea too.
    I hope not too many people hate this character. But as of right now, i'm the happiest ive ever been, so it'll take alot to get me down...
    CONGRATS to my fellow Kentuckian! I know you are on Cloud 9 and you should be! GREAT job man!!! I want mine signed
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

I can't believe I didn't realize the swords were from the flag!!!!! That is so cool!

Snappy Threader
    Very cool Dan. I like him a lot.

Heroic Warrior
    Congrats to masque! Very cool figure. It's the first figure I've been tempted to army build with in quite a while. Can't wait for the bio! I think the name is a great tribute to a line full of silly names. I mean, we are getting "Spikor" in the mail in a few days, after all.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Weird but cool nonetheless.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    As far as I'm concerned this is the best character of the anniversary. I didn't bought the others 'coz I don't like 'em but I'll buy your character!
    Congrats Daniel! A really good job!
    However I don't like the name, I'll change the card in Castle Grayskull Presence! (I hope it's not your idea but a Mattel idea)
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Can't wait to read it!

If they don't, we will want to hear the original bio from you, man!
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

I have heard that Lady Land Shark was initially going to be the winner but it was changed at the 11th hour