Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    So now we need the famous Monster Walker designed in 1984!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/138/monsterwalker.jpg
    I want one !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

This figure is awesome. I like it better than the runner-ups!
    Awesome sticker included!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Congrats Masque on winning.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    First off, I want to offer a big congrats to Masque for winning! I'm really happy to know it was an org member. I'm sure people will be talking about his for awhile now, so I hope you'll revel in the praise and take the criticisms with a grain of salt.

Now my thoughts: I saw Castle Grayskull Man almost immediately after it was posted, but I gave myself some time to consider it before I posted my thoughts. At first, I was horribly disappointed. I think that initial reaction was mainly due to the fact that I was suspecting something completely different from the CAC winner. In mattel's own statement, they say they were "looking for concepts that had an original name and look." While the concept for this character may be original, the look and name are entirely based on something that's pre-existing. I don't mean to imply that's bad, it just doesn't fit my interpretation of "original."

As I took note of things others said, I started to think "Well, those weapons are pretty cool at least." Then when people mentioned parts being used for Callix, I thought "well, the rocky parts are pretty cool." Ultimately, I realized that the figure wasn't bad at all, I just really don't like the idea of a Castle Grayskull personification or Castle Grayskull golem/defender/army/etc. I think how much I like the character itself will depend on the story behind it. I've come up with my own scenarios that I really like, however, they are pretty much impossible to mesh with a character that is actually named Caste Grayskull Man. Anyway, I'm anxious for the bio and I hope we get to hear your original backstory as well, Masque.

On a side note: I'm no attorney, but how can mattel say that people can't post their designs? Was there some kind of non-disclosure agreement inherent in entering the contest? I just remember them claiming ownership. That seems very different. They own He-Man, too, but I don't think they can stop people from talking about him and drawing pictures of him to share with the public.

I'M A RUNNER UP!!!!! I was in the room, I think I'm still in shock! The only thing is they got the names mixed up. I created Three Beast

wish i did not get a 30th sub lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    Would someone PLEASE post the Runner Ups!!!

Also, Castle Greyskullman = Cool if your 10 years old.
    Get Over HERE!: Visit www.retro-daze.com

Trade References: Rodimus75, pH6, Guard Of The South, Vegtablesam, xXBBestXx, Riddle of Steel, AdultCollector

My feedback thread.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I can see him sort-of working as some kind of 'defence mechanism' that emerges from the very fabric of the Castle istself if invaded (rather like producing antibodies), but the design leaves me cold and the name is awful.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Did you guys draw the images that they showed at the panel? Cause if you did, kudos to you!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Not to mention my entry, like so many others most likely, was a female Snake warrior... I mean, if she had won- no doubt 40 others would say "I entered the same thing!". We're all MOTU fans, we all know what's lacking in the line and what we would like to see... it's unavoidable to have many similar ideas and concepts floating around in our heads
    one of my entries was in fact a Queen of the Snakemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Vapor View Post
    Also, Castle Greyskullman = Cool if your 10 years old.
    lol, like He-Man and Skeletor?

Castle Grayskullman is certainly better than the runner ups they showed, imo. And with a few exceptions, as a figure its better than most of the slop they revealed today. I look forward to this one! Maybe the best 30th figure.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Did you guys draw the images that they showed at the panel? Cause if you did, kudos to you!
    They had all the entries redrawn. They said Bubblor was originally in crayon.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Congratulations to Daniel/Masque! If it makes any difference, I think he's my favorite 30th Anniversary figure after Draego-Man. The two of them look the most like I want my MOTU characters to look like, and maybe that's the slight DnD feel to them, but good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    Me too *sigh*

Now I have to think something cool to turn all then enjoyable in my canon and display.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    Me too *sigh*

Now I have to think something cool to turn all then enjoyable in my canon and display.
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Congratulations, Masque! Castle Grayskullman looks awesome! A very clever design, and fits perfectly into the world of MOTU. I can't wait to get him.

Now that I see a bigger pic, I actually think the hair color is pretty perfect. I do want two so I will paint the other with gray/white hair just for a variant.

Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Who are the runnerups?
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Very happy to hear the Horsemen are going to dull down the hair, make it a bit more green.

I must admit I like the drawing of CGM.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

When I first saw the leak this morning, I was uncertain about Castle Grayskull Man. Actually, my first words were "***?" LOL. But after the course of the afternoon and now after seeing a high res pic of him, I REALLLLLY dig him. I LOVE the color palette on him, especially his swords! I am happy to say, I really think he is the best 30th Anniversary figure. He fits the line the most, and he has an eerie origins of the MOTU feel to him, like he should belong in some of the first mini comics. Can't wait to get him!
    "Having difficulties finding that special heroic warrior or evil henchman for your Mr. of Mrs. right? Then look no further!"

Runners up are:

Three-Beast by Angelia Pettus

Major Header by Earl Luckes

Ra-Jar by Josh Howard

Linked Photos are from here.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley007 View Post
    When I first saw the leak this morning, I was uncertain about Castle Grayskull Man. Actually, my first words were "***?" LOL. But after the course of the afternoon and now after seeing a high res pic of him, I REALLLLLY dig him. I LOVE the color palette on him, especially his swords! I am happy to say, I really think he is the best 30th Anniversary figure. He fits the line the most, and he has an eerie origins of the MOTU feel to him, like he should belong in some of the first mini comics. Can't wait to get him!
    Completely agree.

I think early grayskull, this scary stuff is there. As a child, I thought it was a castle of mystery, and while much good came out of it, the castle it'self was a powerful thing full of creepy monsters and bad things as well.

I'm waiting on the bio most. I think he may be my favourite 30th ann fig, and is certainly a great 30th ann concept.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I must admit I like the drawing of CGM.
    Did they get someone to redraw it like they did the rest?

I LOVE this figure. I think he's perfect and will be proud to have him on my shelf. Great job Masque!!!! IMO he ranks up there with Draego and blows Spector out of the water. I would have loved this as a kid, my kid loves it and wants one as well so major Kudos!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/138/monsterwalker.jpg
    I REALLY hope they make him now too. I'll give them their own shelf to battle on. It would be epic!!!