Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

Just as a reminder, folks should head over to these polls to let our voices be heard. Hopefully there is still time to change one or more of these..

Castle Grayskull man polls:

Hair Color:

Shoulder Type:

Thanks to JoeyCruel and Arkangel for making these polls!

Edit: Also would like the opinion of Daniel, the creator, to be weighed heavily in any final product decision.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; July 16, 2012 at 12:33pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Does anyone else think his mouth needs a "jawbridge"?

Kidding!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Does anyone else think his mouth needs a "jawbridge"?

Kidding!!

His tongue could be a wooden one like a drawbridge?

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gibbs View Post
    His tongue could be a wooden one like a drawbridge?
    That would be a tonguebridge.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I think Mattel made a good choice with the winner here; the idea and the figure are MOTU all the way. I think this character could easily have appeared in one of the pre-Filmation minicomics, and harkens nicely to the sword and sorcery side of the MOTU mythos. Including the swords from the flag as his weapons was brilliant. I really like this figure and that incredibly creeepy face (this guy walks up and most of the bad guys would wet their furry trunks). THe 30th sub may have fallen short with some figures, but this one ends it out on a high note. And given He-Man and She-Ra's connection to the Power of Grayskull, I think the blonde hair makes sense, although having it more green wouldn't be bad, either.
    i haven't read thru the entire thread, but i also like this figure. not sold on the name as it's pretty campy, but the figure itself is really cool and fun looking. this is the best of the 30th figs.

i MIGHT actually buy this one (and i didn't buy draego man).

Heroic Warrior
    They need to bring back the rocky shoulders on the final. Mattel is really getting out of control with these "design decisions." I don't understand why they have to try to "improve" on the 4h's work. The original design choices were made for a reason and there is no need to tamper with them.

This figure looks awesome! I wasnt expecting much from the CAC winner, no offense to the fans of MOTUC but I dont hav faith in most peoples ideas of what is cool and what isnt , but this figure really suprised me in how cool it looks. Grats to the winner!!!
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Snappy Threader
    The more i see this figure, the more I like it.

Congratulations, Daniel!

I love this figure. There were not a lot of reveals this year that I found very exciting, but Castle Grayskullman was a very pleasant surprise. I will definitely be picking him up, and am looking forward to this crazy character's addition to my MOTU world.

Yep, good Job Daniel--you just made our Motu lives a little brighter

This is a fantastic, well thought out figure. Mad kudos to Daniel for thinking this one up! The weapons are a great touch and I really hope the final version ends up with the rocky shoulders. This will be the first and likely only 30th figure I buy.

I think my only disappointment is/was, and this is absolutely not meant to slight Daniel in any way, that CGM is just a very slight extension of an already existing MOTU concept.

I really expected the winner (and certainly not myself, I know there are a lot more talented creators than I out there!) to give us something completely new and original for the MOTU world.

CGM is, to me, on par with a winning entry of "New Adventures Orko", "Young Soldier Duncan", or even, as much as love the concept, "Slime Pit Warrior". These should be coming from Mattel on their own, not from us.
    Visit me at www.cjedwardsart.com

Now with more Facebook! Personal: http://www.facebook.com/welcomeback/...cj.edwards.142 and Official CJ Edwards Art page: http://www.facebook.com/cjedwardsart

For more Bearshow art, please visit my DeviantArt account: http://cjedwardsart.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshow View Post
    I think my only disappointment is/was, and this is absolutely not meant to slight Daniel in any way, that CGM is just a very slight extension of an already existing MOTU concept..

Link? Curious!

CGM is, to me, on par with a winning entry of "New Adventures Orko", "Young Soldier Duncan", or even, as much as love the concept, "Slime Pit Warrior". These should be coming from Mattel on their own, not from us.
    But they didn't.... and no-one else did either
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Oh no, regarding the pre-existing MOTU concept, I just meant Castle Grayskull itself.

And you're absolutely right about no one else doing it !

Now with more Facebook! Personal: http://www.facebook.com/welcomeback/...cj.edwards.142 and Official CJ Edwards Art page: http://www.facebook.com/cjedwardsart

For more Bearshow art, please visit my DeviantArt account: http://cjedwardsart.deviantart.com/

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I think my only disappointment is/was, and this is absolutely not meant to slight Daniel in any way, that CGM is just a very slight extension of an already existing MOTU concept.

I really expected the winner (and certainly not myself, I know there are a lot more talented creators than I out there!) to give us something completely new and original for the MOTU world.

I agree Chris, I am not saying I dislike the character so much, but in all honesty, the CREATE a character contest, the CREATE was what I felt should have been the focus. as a creator and writer, this character doesn't scream creativity as I hoped the winner would, actually, as I thought the winner should! I mean, when they showed the runner ups, I honestly felt the guy with the ball and mace head feature looked very cool, and for me, in my opinion, seeing what winner they chose, I personally feel like the people who had a voice in this, do not have a true reading on the pulse of the MOTU community. and I mean this in no disrespect to the creator, it is a fine character, just sort of didn't blow me away in any was as I thought it should......

Oh no, regarding the pre-existing MOTU concept, I just meant Castle Grayskull itself.
    I see... Honestly, this is probably why CGSM appeals to me so much - he feels like he's straight out of the early minicomics for some reason. Cy-Chop is the exact opposite - a total mish-mash - fur, metal, gimmicks... CGSM goes back to the the MOTU roots. I love that early stuff the most.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Well, and that's the rub. I actually love Castle Grayskull-Man in that context, and agree with you 100% - just not necessarily as the winner of the Contest.

If Scott has just made up CGM, we'd be sitting pretty!

And I agree with TechTrek on Major Header, that's more of what I would have liked to see have won.

I guess if you watched the walkthrough video, you now know that he will have the whiplash shoulders & his hair will be whiter....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Castle Grayskullman is a brilliant and cleaver creation.... he hands down deserved to win. My hat's off to you, Danny boy!

I like the design and the concept, love the swords and shield.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I would like to congratulate the winner. His figure is truly a good design and we get a Castle Grayskull Golem. That is what he is. I like that idea that there is a secret guardian hiding deep within Castle Grayskull.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    I watched 'An American Werewolf in London' last night and the main character has a dream where demonic German guards break into his family home - one of them had CGSM's face!

Anyway, great figure - excellent!

What about the sword colours?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I guess if you watched the walkthrough video, you now know that he will have the whiplash shoulders & his hair will be whiter....
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I love this figure! Really cool concept that fits right in with MOTU, in my opinion. I see the Sorceress as being able to summon these (or perhaps the castle itself is able to summon them) if she is ever in immediate danger while inside the castle. It would have been great to see him in the 200X episode when King Hsss made his way into Grayskull!

I'm planning to get at least two of these. Maybe four, depending on how finances look around that time. I intend to display them guarding the Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    that would be me. I am daniel benedict. Man, i hope everyone likes this character. I can't possibly describe how happy i am right now. Oh my... I'm in shock. :d

Congratulations man!!!!!!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.