Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post

Anyone know if they are going to show the runner ups pics?
    I hope so! I hope they end up making the book of the entrants too. I would be kind of sad to NEVER share my designs with anyone, personally.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    That would be me. I am Daniel Benedict. Man, I hope everyone likes this character. I can't possibly describe how happy i am right now. Oh my... I'm in shock.
    Congrats my man! Not completely down with the name but the rest of the figure... great stuff. enjoy this moment! Sincerely yours, Chroniklor!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

First let me congratulate Daniel, took a wee while to get it but I totally love it now. From what I'm hearing, some other people submitted similar ideas, so it must have been something people had in their mind.

And another thing people should mind, one of our own has won the contest. A fan like you or me. I think this has helped me appreciate the figure more too.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Congratulations, Daniel!
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The winner is a kid. Let's let him have his day.
    The winner is 32 years old....not a kid. But yes, CONGRATS to masque (Daniel)!!!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

The more I look at him, the more I like the idea of it being a ghostly army that comes out of the walls of Grayskull when it's been entered and under attack- much more exciting than one of the Sorceress' boring ol' forcefields!!!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Come on guys, stop posting opinions, that's shameful!
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Heroic Warrior
    That would be me. I am Daniel Benedict. Man, I hope everyone likes this character. I can't possibly describe how happy i am right now. Oh my... I'm in shock.
    Congratulations, Daniel!

I really like the shown figure with those accessories, Ill definitaly buy some of those guys. Fantastic!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It was leaked well before a week ago...

I love the swords. They are the design from the Grayskull flag.

And as RockinHard and a few others have suggested, the negativity is shameful. The winner is a kid. Let's let him have his day.
    He very well deserves it! I REALLY like the figure aside from his hair and name. I'll probably remove the hair and put it on my He-Man's head! Great weapons and design elements aswell

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    The more I look at him, the more I like the idea of it being a ghostly army that comes out of the walls of Grayskull when it's been entered and under attack- much more exciting than one of the Sorceress' boring ol' forcefields!!!
    So very true!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I am trying to find out TRUTH and FACTS. I am reading over on other sites that the CAC figure resembles another figure. Can someone address this?

He needs a Point Dread hat, Talon Fighter pet and a turret for an arm :P
    Myaa!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by DCComicsguy View Post
    I am trying to find out TRUTH and FACTS. I am reading over on other sites that the CAC figure resembles another figure. Can someone address this?
    It's completely subjective. I wouldn't look into it too much.

Similar ideas and concept done by two different people. Happens all the time. I doubt there is much to it other than that.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quite a few of the orgers have said they submitted similar ideas, so it's a common theme.
    Last edited by vid.tracey; July 13, 2012 at 12:21pm. Reason: Spelling
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Oh, and another thought I just had: the old Sorceress would use forcefields to defend Grayskull when she needed to. What if Sorceress Teela put her Captain Of The Guard experience to great use as the new Guardian Of Grayskull and creates these guys as her new "guard" when Grayskull is under attack?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

That is the risk in heavily using an existing concept in the creation of your character... You take the chance that somebody else used it first.

I doubt Daniel even ever saw that, but without it being a 100% newly created character, there are always going to be comparisons.

Sallah

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Oh, and another thought I just had: the old Sorceress would use forcefields to defend Grayskull when she needed to. What if Sorceress Teela put her Captain Of The Guard experience to great use as the new Guardian Of Grayskull and creates these guys as her new "guard" when Grayskull is under attack?
    That would be very cool! And in keeping with Teela's character. Rather than the Sorceress, who isn't a warrior, Teela would be more inclined to go for something aggressive.

I'm serious. Thanks for everyone who is congratulating me. I'm just wondering if theyre going to use my bio idea too.
    I hope not too many people hate this character. But as of right now, i'm the happiest ive ever been, so it'll take alot to get me down...
    Congratulations! A neat way to have a Heroic "Monster" character and a great nod to the big accessory that we all want... and a free figure would be most welcom so I'll DM you shipping info! kidding - bloody well enjoy yourself!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    That would be very cool! And in keeping with Teela's character. Rather than the Sorceress, who isn't a warrior, Teela would be more inclined to go for something aggressive.
    Yup yup! This character needs to be turned into an army builder two-pack!!!

The blond hair is hideous but it's a cute, fun take on the cornerstone of the MOTU universe. I wish he came with a Point Dread hat and pet Talon Fighter!

I once drew a creature based on the Snake Mountain playset's face, so I can see where the designer was coming from
    Myaa!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Masque, did he end up looking how you intended? Better, worse, same?
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

The only thing I would change is the hair (making it white or less of it) but other that its a unique character

Congrats!!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar

j/k, congrats!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    How are the 5 people here that honesty say this is a lack luster design shameful, and the 100s of pages of rantings and ravings against Spector and TG not?

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrguardia View Post
    Stop suggesting names people. Daniel won and he can name it whatever the hell he wants lol.
    And we can all re-name it whatever we want. That is part of the fun!