Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

I LOVE this figure; congrats to the winner.
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

Could Castle Grayskullman be Teela's father?

Heroic Warrior
    I knew that my concept of 'Transylvestite' wouldn't be picked. Dang!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Masque, did he end up looking how you intended? Better, worse, same?
    It's looks pretty much exactly the same as my drawing.
    And for the record everyone, i honestly had never seen that custom before. No ill-intent toward anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    It's looks pretty much exactly the same as my drawing.
    And for the record everyone, i honestly had never seen that custom before. No ill-intent toward anyone.
    Cool, good for you. Maybe we'll get to see the drawing one day.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I hope you have thick skin

Congrats by the way
    Yeah I was thinking the samething

Congrats. You were up against many cool designs.

Anyway I think its an interesting design in that it weaves its way easily into MOTU without feeling like its forced. Liked others have said

I can totally see teh Sorceress creating these creatures to help protect the castle.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior
    Grayskullman's hair needs to be white with a turquoise wash btw, other than that it is great! Congrats Mr Masque! Regardless of whatever anyone's says, today is YOUR DAY!

Now that the winner has been revealed, are we allowed to talk about our entries? Or do we have to wait until after the runner ups are announced? Or are we not supposed to discuss them period? I collaborated with someone on here.

Quote Originally Posted by imperialmyrth View Post
    How are the 5 people here that honesty say this is a lack luster design shameful, and the 100s of pages of rantings and ravings against Spector and TG not?
    Because Daniel was picked out of 1300 other entries while TG just forced his junk through people's throats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Now that the winner has been revealed, are we allowed to talk about our entries? Or do we have to wait until after the runner ups are announced? Or are we not supposed to discuss them period?
    Unfortunately, the latter
    I'm aching to post mine
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by DCComicsguy View Post
    I am trying to find out TRUTH and FACTS. I am reading over on other sites that the CAC figure resembles another figure. Can someone address this?
    Oh please, if someone is really going to try to claim plagiarism they're going to have to get in line. Not to take anything away from Daniel's victory, but the concept has been done before either one right here on this very board, going back to before I started under my original name in 2002. That other figure is far from the first to use the idea. I'm willing to bet that a good portion of the entries were similar. I know of at least two other guys who sent in ideas similar to mine. Did we rip each other off? Not in the least. It's just one of those things that happens. Fact of the matter is, Daniel submitted his and it won. No cover-up, no conspiracy. The judges dug it more and felt the idea was better executed than the others. The sour grapes really need to just end there and people need to quit trying to upend the boat because they didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Because Daniel was picked out of 1300 other entries while TG just forced his junk through people's throats.
    Ew.

So, wasn't TG one of the people who picked the winner, or was it drawn out of a hat?

Love it! I don't mind the name either.

I love the swords.

Also I agree with BJH (though I am loathe to admit it ) I think it would be a bit more interesting if his hair were made of moss. It would make complete sense if moss covering the brick of Grayskull had been used to make the hair.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    So, wasn't TG one of the people who picked the winner, or was it drawn out of a hat?
    Yes, he was. One of the eight judges, I think.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Not to mention my entry, like so many others most likely, was a female Snake warrior... I mean, if she had won- no doubt 40 others would say "I entered the same thing!". We're all MOTU fans, we all know what's lacking in the line and what we would like to see... it's unavoidable to have many similar ideas and concepts floating around in our heads
    lol

Mine:

One of them was named Asza, and she looked similar to this:

She had her own face though with no warpaint but with the Catra hair. Her own dress was black and red, but the collar was actually the wings of the Horde logo and her skin was pale. She is a Horde Assassin and wields two blood red daggers. Oh, and her eyes were black with red pupils.

Easiest way to describe the other one is to think of Green Goddess, but as a Snake Woman. Her dress was shaped like a snake head, with the eyes being the breast plate, nostrils on the stomach area, and the front piece of her dress was like a tongue. She had long hair with two snakes as bangs. Everything was pretty much a green color scheme outside of the eyes were were red.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Congrats to Masque!

Love the figure, and trying to decide if I like him better as a single character or as an army builder (my wallet prefers the single character!). Name I'm not crazy about, and there are a lot of different ways to go on the bio, so let's hope for something cool!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm aching to post mine
    That's stupid. Why can't people post their concepts? What is Mattel going to do if people do?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    That's stupid. Why can't people post their concepts? What is Mattel going to do if people do?
    That will press their fingers against each other and say, "Naughty naught, shame shame." That is about all they can do.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I have no idea. I don't think they can sue or anything, but since someone else submitted the designs on my behalf, I'm not going to risk it.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Check the link in my sig! AHAHAHAHAH I love it! I have wanted a character like this for YEARS.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

I'm interested to see his bio. With the blonde hair I kinda see him as a physical manifestation of King Grayskull/Spirit of Grayskull as a last line of defense for the Power of Grayskull residing in the castle. But he'd also make a cool army builder...

Anyway Congratz Daniel!!!

Looks cooler than most of mine (though I had one entry I vastly preferred, darn it!). Congrats!

I wonder if CGM is restricted to the confines of the Castle. Would it be weird to see a living embodiment of CG fighting on the lava-soaked foothills of Snake mountain?

Heroic Warrior

- - - Updated - - -

I'm aching to post mine
    Wow, you realize that he was one of the ones doing the picking right? Besides, what happened to everyone's claim of judging the figure on merit alone and not how it was implemented. An opinion is an opinion, or are we now being honest and admitting that the Spector hate came from TG hate?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, gratz to the winner. Its an interesting concept and it is growing on me. I am happy for you.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialmyrth View Post
    Wow, you realize that he was one of the ones doing the picking right? Besides, what happened to everyone's claim of judging the figure on merit alone and not how it was implemented. An opinion is an opinion, or are we now being honest and admitting that the Spector hate came from TG hate?
    The hate for TMS comes from the fact that it pays homage to deadpool and nothing else. This fig pays homage to He-man and CG. While I am not thrilled with the hair, this is a cool, mostly original concept...who I highly doubt will ever have enough power to make Skeletor and his whole crew run scared (ala Jeff John's webcomic)
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!