Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Congratulations to masque~ Not really keen on the hair, but I see why it's that color. He'll be quite a treat at the end of the 30th line.
    Funny enough, it still looks far closer to being in the He-man mythos than Spector and SLL do combined. I really hope Terry's character is a freaking female though.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    You're a genius! I'll change the card name in Grayskull Wraith... it's... ... it's.... perfect!

Poltergrayskull ...
    Grayskull Wraith is also very cool.

Poltergrayskull kind of fits with the vintage names don't you think? But he could also be mistaken for being an undead chicken man.

Heroic Warrior
    - I like the figure
    - I hate the name
    - I actually don't care at this point if the idea was ripped off, This figure looks better than the the other one.

The only way I would buy him is if I was able to afford to buy 10 of them because he should be an army of
    Grayskull warriors that emerge from the interior wall in the event that Castle Grayskull gets broken into.

Please NO debates about the legality of this figure in the thread. Thanks!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I think he needs his own theme song!!!

There's a skull who lives the life of danger...
    Part castle and part man, 'couldn't be any stranger!
    He grabs his weapons off the shelf, yells "by the power of" himself!
    If you cross him, he will cause you lots of sorrow!

Castle Grayskull Man! Castle Grayskull Man!
    Check out how he IS the power, and at a future hour - he will be reviewed by Pixel Dan!
    Great post!
    The blonde hair made me think it could be a He-Man variant - now he REALLY DOES have the power of Grayskull!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Please NO debates about the legality of this figure in the thread. Thanks!
    Yeah I'm gonna drop it now Fire, I got my point across and I don't wanna sour it for Daniel- it's a fantastic looking figure AND it's perfect for customizing Rock people/Calix!

Major congrats to the winner. I like the figure - it's wacky! And the names wacky too so I dig that aswell!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Name ideas from me:

1) Grayskullker
    2) The Skull-He-Moth (like behemoth)
    3) Rook (like the chess piece since he's a castle)
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    congrats to the winner: it's really a good character and a very proper way to celebrate the 30th.
    don't like the name, but that's really a minor.

Heroic Warrior
    Another potential name...

Grayskull Crusader

I shall call him a Grayskull Guardian. And I'll probably buy another one. That way, if we DO ever get a CG playset they'll guard the doorway on the inside.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I shall call him "Grayskull's Armored Guardian" or GAG for short.

Sorry, sorry. He's not quite my cup of tea, but the swords and shields are great.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Warrior
    Are those reused Clawful and Whiplash shoulders?

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    That would be me. I am Daniel Benedict. Man, I hope everyone likes this character. I can't possibly describe how happy i am right now. Oh my... I'm in shock.
    Well, you get a big congrats from me sir! I wasn't sure if this was a joke when I saw it via twitter (the whole "1300 entries" thing in the press release, and this being Friday the 13th- and next year being 2013- I thought for sure it was a Matty prank!), and was hoping it was for real- I don't know the story behind this guy... but in my mind the first thing I thought was "One of Castle Grayskull's spooky defense mechanisms! Part of a wall that comes to life and attacks intruders!" Can't wait to get him later this year! In fact, I'm getting at least two- to put on either side of the King Grayskull bronze statue! Good job man!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

^ Dude, spolier tags

That would be me. I am Daniel Benedict. Man, I hope everyone likes this character. I can't possibly describe how happy i am right now. Oh my... I'm in shock.
    Congrats on a great design!! I'm going to buy 2 to guard the Sorceress!

Heroic Warrior
    As to the other figures that will be released as the 30th create sub.
    In the mini comics there is a "Gladiator" that I believe is a new created figure - male
    Also last page of the comic that came with snake man-at-arms there is a guy with a glowing mace that looks suspiciously like whiplash only purple/gray with a red stripe over his head, and possibly the backside of "Gladiator" with a white cape.

Now I might be wrong about this but thus far, those in the mini-comics have shown up or rather been introduced there.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    ^ Dude, spolier tags
    Nope, no need anymore.
    Read the first post

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I shall call him a Grayskull Guardian. And I'll probably buy another one. That way, if we DO ever get a CG playset they'll guard the doorway on the inside.
    That's exactly what I'm planning on doing. Plus I really want an extra one for the swords and shield. They are great!

While the name needs some work, its really no worse than half the names in the MOTUverse.

I'm also happy that the torso on this figure can be reused for Horde stone warrior, Callix.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    ^ Dude, spolier tags
    Hey all - since the winner knows now and this thread is marked as spoilers (and this was a slip up from Matty), no need for spoiler tags from here on out... thanks for being considerate.
    None needed anymore.

Heroic Warrior
    Still with the spoiler tags? This figure has technically been revealed, and by Mattel no less.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Congratulations, Dan! You're going to be a celebrity around here soon!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yeah, I might do the same. Rather than being a living being, he seems like he's be more of a non-living magical entity that defends the castle from invaders when no one else is there to defend it (i.e. when the Sorceress leaves). And I could see there being more than one.

It is an interesting concept, but I do agree that the name could use a little work (no offense intended to the winner or anyone involved with deciding the name). Simply adding "man" to the end of some other word doesn't work well in all cases.

I actually also really dislike it in both the cases of Demo-Man and Draego-Man. I love the Draego-man figure, itself, but the name just feels all wrong. While some characters do have man at the end of their name (Beastman, Mer-Man, etc) other don't like Whiplash, Trap-Jaw, and a variety of others. It just feels like not much effort has been put into some of these newer names. Demo-Man could be a kick ass character (and looks like one), but the name completely takes away from that IMO... especially since we knew him by name first by way of Skeletor's updated bio before we knew that the name would be attached to that original concept drawing that the figure as adapted from. I like the "Draego" part of Draego-Man's name... it seems like they were heading in the right direction with that for a fitting name, but simply slapping "man" at the end of it feels kind of cheap and lazy.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Ok, what about Fabulous Secret Powers Man?

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Yeah that's pretty much the best name if he's indeed supposed to be a protector of CG.
    I really like the concept. The only things I'm not too fond of are the name and the blonde hair.
    The hair makes me think of He-Man - a He-Man that actually got the power of (Castle) Grayskull.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!