Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

Congrats Daniel! It's a very cool figure & the competition (I'm sure) was fierce! I look forward to having him in my collection!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

To be honest, at first I saw this figure only in a small thumbnail picture and read the name Castle Greyskullman and I went "Oh Boy, this is gonna be bad". Then I saw full sized images of the character and I fell in love with it. Great job and congratulations Masque! I'll be proud to have him on my MOTUC shelf.
    bnl4life

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I actually also really dislike it in both the cases of Demo-Man and Draego-Man. I love the Draego-man figure, itself, but the name just feels all wrong. While some characters do have man at the end of their name (Beastman, Mer-Man, etc) other don't like Whiplash, Trap-Jaw, and a variety of others. It just feels like not much effort has been put into some of these newer names. Demo-Man could be a kick ass character (and looks like one), but the name completely takes away from that IMO... especially since we knew him by name first by way of Skeletor's updated bio before we knew that the name would be attached to that original concept drawing that the figure as adapted from. I like the "Draego" part of Draego-Man's name... it seems like they were heading in the right direction with that for a fitting name, but simply slapping "man" at the end of it feels kind of cheap and lazy.
    Wow. Ouch.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Yeah, I might do the same. Rather than being a living being, he seems like he's be more of a non-living magical entity that defends the castle from invaders when no one else is there to defend it (i.e. when the Sorceress leaves). And I could see there being more than one.

It is an interesting concept, but I do agree that the name could use a little work (no offense intended to the winner or anyone involved with deciding the name). Simply adding "man" to the end of some other word doesn't work well in all cases.

I actually also really dislike it in both the cases of Demo-Man and Draego-Man. I love the Draego-man figure, itself, but the name just feels all wrong. While some characters do have man at the end of their name (Beastman, Mer-Man, etc) other don't like Whiplash, Trap-Jaw, and a variety of others. It just feels like not much effort has been put into some of these newer names. Demo-Man could be a kick ass character (and looks like one), but the name completely takes away from that IMO... especially since we knew him by name first by way of Skeletor's updated bio before we knew that the name would be attached to that original concept drawing that the figure as adapted from. I like the "Draego" part of Draego-Man's name... it seems like they were heading in the right direction with that for a fitting name, but simply slapping "man" at the end of it feels kind of cheap and lazy.
    I completely agree with everything you said. Well put sir!
    Love the Draego - don't like the added "-Man".
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Nope, no need anymore.
    Read the first post
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    None needed anymore.
    My bad

Stop suggesting names people. Daniel won and he can name it whatever the hell he wants lol.

I wish my Snake Mountainman would have won!

Ok, I'll stop now.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

I would those weapons in a weapons pack.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Some of the negative comments in this thread are just shameful, really. See some true colors going on.

The guy won fair and square as far as we all know, and the design isn't bad at all considering the mandatory parts reuse.

I'm most curious to see how TG is going to address the leakage - AGAIN. Mattycollector/Digital River and crew are damn-near incompetent.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by phnx75 View Post
    While the name needs some work, its really no worse than half the names in the MOTUverse.
    I definitely agree. For our 20/30/40-something ears it sounds funny. But Evil-Lynn, Ram-Man... all those would too.

Quote Originally Posted by mrguardia View Post
    Stop suggesting names people. Daniel won and he can name it whatever the hell he wants lol.
    I don't think anyone is saying they should rename him. Just that they won't call him that In Their Canon™

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Out of curiosity, was this the character that supposedly got leaked last week?
    YES.

Congrats to the winner! Seriously awesome that you won!

Anyone know who the other winners were and if we get to see their designs today?
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I completely agree with everything you said. Well put sir!
    Love the Draego - don't like the added "-Man".
    At first I had the same feeling and though Draegor would be better but it's too close to Dragstor imo, I wonder if the horsemen rejected that for the same reason.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Pretty cool looking figure. I groaned when I saw that name though.

I wish Castle Grayskullman would show up in the third mini though! I really just adore the design the more I stare at it. I want big, up-close pics though!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrguardia View Post
    While that may be his official name, other people may simply choose to call him something else. They have the right to share their opinions on the matter.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Frontpaged...as soon as someone approves it. It's on Facebook. Now the world knows.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    In the Matrix, waiting for the machines to release a MOTUC Strongarm to my limbic system
    Honestly, I personally think this is leagues better than Spector or Sir Mix-alot (whatever his name is). Well done, very creative.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    YES.
    So they leaked it TWICE
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Congrats Masque (Daniel)!!! I think he's awesome!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    That would be me. I am Daniel Benedict. Man, I hope everyone likes this character. I can't possibly describe how happy i am right now. Oh my... I'm in shock.
    Congratulations. The hair are a little weird, but he looks good overall and the accessories are a blast!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

First congrats!

Second I love all the details that are pulled from the castle and the figure is great!

Third, no disrespect but not crazy about the name.

Anyone know if they are going to show the runner ups pics?
    the ignore list is my new best friend
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Does Mattel own my entry - Hobot: Junkyard residing homeless android - even though it didn't win? I thought I had a chance... Rust coloured roboto with Icarius jet pack, buzz off claw arms and amber trap jaw head... Ach weel...
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Out of curiosity, was this the character that supposedly got leaked last week?
    It was leaked well before a week ago...

I love the swords. They are the design from the Grayskull flag.

And as RockinHard and a few others have suggested, the negativity is shameful. The winner is a kid. Let's let him have his day.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Nope, no need anymore.
    Read the first post
    I was gonna say... it's all over the internet now. The spoiler tags are ridiculous in a thread where it's already been said: "Create A Character Winner On Mattycollector..."
    You entered the thread, you're going to find out!
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor