Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

My character design was actually similar, but it was a female. I still had hoped for a new female character for the 35th line (and not just cause mine was a female). I'm a bit underwhelmed, but I am very happy for the winner. I will say that he is 5 billion times cooler than Spector and the Knight.

Congratulations everyone!

I really mean it, too. I'm used to contests where at least one of the finalists doesn't even fit in at all, and at least one other just makes me sigh in disappointment.

Castle Grayskullman is really cool. I don't mind losing to him. ;P He manages to be iconic while also being an entirely new character.

Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    lol, like He-Man and Skeletor?
    Precisely. Few people I know would choose either of those two as a favorite of any series of MOTU.

Personally, I was really hoping for something darker and perhaps oriented toward the actual age of those who are most likely making the bulk of the MOTU purchasing at this point.

CGM, while a unique and fun idea, doesn't appeal to me at all. Draego-Man - that's a step in the right direction.

I will agree that it is more creative and fun than Spector and Laser Lot.
    Get Over HERE!: Visit www.retro-daze.com

Trade References: Rodimus75, pH6, Guard Of The South, Vegtablesam, xXBBestXx, Riddle of Steel, AdultCollector

My feedback thread.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Really? That's what won? Congrats to the winner, but come on. While I was not expecting to win since I had to rush my drawings, I was at least hoping they would have picked a female character as the winner. We already have enough sausage in MOTU.
    Yeah I was hoping for a female Snake Men character.. They sorely need a female in their ranks!!!

My character was a female/vampire snakemen.

Heroic Warrior
    WOW! Congratulations man, what a fantastic prize for a motu fan you must be stoked!!,
    My only crit would have been to do a full head helmet with the hair ( but White ) coming out the back,
    Great idea with the swords and shield , I have the sub and I'll be very proud to own Castle Greyskull man,
    Cheers and well done ZH

I actually love this one! The name is not my favorite, but very neat!
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Very happy to hear the Horsemen are going to dull down the hair, make it a bit more green.
    Cool. The blonde is too He-Man-ish. I'd prefer no hair or something more unique to the character.

Definitely not what I was expecting, so I applaud thinking outside the box. I'm not overly excited by the character, but he's got an appeal that I like for whatever reason, so I'll probably pick this dude up (I passed, quite proudly in hindsight, on the 30th sub, picking up only Draego Man so far).

Of the runners-up, all look way better than Fotog, Spector, Laser-Lot, and that Edward Scissorhands dude. My personal favourite is the one with the head that is used as a weapon. Would have been a brilliant figure to have, but I guess we'll never get it?

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I like the figure! I'm not crazy about the name, but it's a pretty neat concept with some solid execution.

But that face is downright terrifying.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmmm. Since we can't get Castle Grayskull in the line, a figure that represents the "spirit" of Castle Grayskull is kind of cool.

It's like Castle Grayskull has sprung to life and transformed into a humanoid (like those transforming buildings in "Big"). I'm not sure if I will purchase Castle Grayskull, but it's a definite possibility.

Congrats Masque!!! Brilliant Concept!!! Enjoy your day!!!
    Very nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jhoward View Post
    I'M A RUNNER UP!!!!! I was in the room, I think I'm still in shock! The only thing is they got the names mixed up. I created Three Beast
    Yes they mixed the names. it was Angelia who did Ra-Jar!
    action features for action figures!

Wow, I seriously love the look of that character. Didn't like the name until I thought of it as, "Grayskull Men," like...ghost-like guardians of Castle Grayskull. Which actually fits just how creepy that thing looks.

Either way, I actually really dig this guy and will totally be getting it.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoward View Post
    I'M A RUNNER UP!!!!! I was in the room, I think I'm still in shock! The only thing is they got the names mixed up. I created Three Beast
    Congrats to you as well! Have to admit I prefer Castle Greyskullman, but I also would not have been disappointed with Three Beast either

Pretty impressive to have 2 of the 6 finalists on the org!

(PS - Every time I see the name Castle Greyskullman I want to pronounce it like "Captain CAAAAAAAVE MAAAAAAAAAN"!!!)

Court Magician
    Great figure--way, way cooler than the other 30th anniversary figures we've seen. The name is weak, yes, but... it fits. I think people have become so used to names like He-Man and Skeletor and Beast Man and Evil-Lyn that we've forgotten that they're pretty weaksauce, too.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    no entirely sure i like the way it's mouth was done, it could be better

Another thing I love about Castle Grayskullman is his name. It is a good ol' fashion "the name describes what he is" kind of name. You can't help but to get an idea of what you're going to get from the name alone. He totally has a home in Myternia.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    no entirely sure i like the way it's mouth was done, it could be better

http://distilleryimage10.s3.amazonaw...0a1e8a5f_7.jpg
    He doesn't have the Whiplash shoulders here like in the other pics...I hope he will still get them, they make him look more rock-like.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    this could also be a good army builder, this picture makes me like his "mouth\jaw" more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    He doesn't have the Whiplash shoulders here like in the other pics...I hope he will still get them, they make him look more rock-like.
    wow agree, thank you for pointing it out

Cool concept... congrats! I heard that they are doing a variant of CGM next year to draw in more female fans... 50 Shades of Grayskull!!!! Enjoy your day!!!!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

CONGRATS DANIEL!! Very cool that an org member won and made a little piece of MOTU history! CGMan is one of the coolest looking new characters this year, and I'll be happy to add him to my MOTU collection. Can't wait to read the bio! Embrace the haters!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Cool concept... congrats! I heard that they are doing a variant of CGM next year to draw in more female fans... 50 Shades of Grayskull!!!! Enjoy your day!!!!
    Does it come with a silver Beastman whip and Griffon feathers?

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...It's wild, but I like it!! I can imagine it appearing after Skeletor has finally made his way into the castle... ..."At last! I shall make my way to the throne-room and claim all the Power of the Univer - BY THE ANCIENTS BEARDS!!! WHAT THE @#$%*!!! IS THAT... THING?!?!?"
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Why doesn't he have the hidden ankle pegs?

J

This is easily my 2nd favorite of the 30th Anniversary creation characters - after Draego-Man.

Love the inclusion of aspects of the vintage playset. Very keen to learn of the bio and trust there is some magic involved. Not sure if I want this to be one of the historic 'He-Men' mentored by the Goddess or a golem style army builder defender of Castle Grayskull itself.

The other thought I have reminds me of DC's Source Wall and that maybe this character was once a villain seeking entry to the Castle and was transformed and magically enthralled to act as guardian forever more. So many possibilities.

My only query: where is the nod of the head to the Grayskull spacesuit?

Congratulations Mr Benedict! Well done. I was never a fan of Photog but this fan-concept figure I cannot wait to add to my collection.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    That would be me. I am Daniel Benedict. Man, I hope everyone likes this character. I can't possibly describe how happy i am right now. Oh my... I'm in shock.
    Already sent you a pm but once again Congrats on becoming a part of history! My mini army of G-Men will be welcomed...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....