Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

castle grayskull man? ... hmm ... seems more like an actual part of the castle that comes to life when summoned by he-man or something rather than an actual unique character or separate entity ... i can see him popping out of the castle wall before battle, but not acting as an independent character ...

but hey, well done mr benedict! i think the concept of the figure is great, and hopefully we will one day get a castle for mr grayskull to live in!! congratulations for winning

but from the mattel side of things; the "30th anniversary" line on the whole has been a huge fail for me personally - why call it that?? none of the figures apart from fearless photog have anything whatsoever to do with the history of MOTU - why didn't they just call it the "designers" line? ... or the "creatORS" line? ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; July 14, 2012 at 12:06pm.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    That would be me. I am Daniel Benedict. Man, I hope everyone likes this character. I can't possibly describe how happy i am right now. Oh my... I'm in shock.

Sweet! Great to see one of us (Orgers) win this thing. Congrats dude! Very creative and inspired character. I can't wait to add it to my collection.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't help but wonder if the figure would've been better with the grayskull face on the armor and use a different head entirely. Some kind or helmet to make him seem more like a spirit rather than creature. His face reminds me too much of Snake Man at Arms. Or they could've even used the rock armor for rokkon and stondar setting them up down the road for 2013. Anyways, Congrats to the winner. Whether people like it or not, your character is a part of MOTU History.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzysim3 View Post
    I can't help but wonder if the figure would've been better with the grayskull face on the armor and use a different head entirely. Some kind or helmet to make him seem more like a spirit rather than creature. His face reminds me too much of Snake Man at Arms. Or they could've even used the rock armor for rokkon and stondar setting them up down the road for 2013. Anyways, Congrats to the winner. Whether people like it or not, your character is a part of MOTU History.
    Very well written post. I agree entirely.

Widget
    That would be me. I am Daniel Benedict. Man, I hope everyone likes this character. I can't possibly describe how happy i am right now. Oh my... I'm in shock.
    Congratulations!

I really like the idea and how the actual figure looks.

I hope I can add him to my collection, but I will rename him: The Spirit of Grayskull!

He's missing the whiplash shoulders at the convention. Make sure you guys tell TG.

The contest drawing has white/ zombie hair. i would prefer that instead of blond

Do we know why there's the spare Man-E-Faces 'head' in front of Grayskullman? Is it meant to be a clue that he'll come with a secret bonus item?

http://distilleryimage10.s3.amazonaw...0a1e8a5f_7.jpg

Instant buy!!!

I love it, but the name kills it instantly for me.

I have some suggestions...

"Grayskull Incarnate"
    "Grayskull Warrior"
    "Spirit of Grayskull"
    "Power of Grayskull"

...or even "Grayskull enforced He-Man"
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

For a second I felt my heart stop beating ... Make it so, Mattel !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by MC Modulok View Post
    Do we know why there's the spare Man-E-Faces 'head' in front of Grayskullman? Is it meant to be a clue that he'll come with a secret bonus item?

http://distilleryimage10.s3.amazonaw...0a1e8a5f_7.jpg
    I just saw this pic and I'm wondering the same thing. Will he include an extra head accessory which can attach to the hair like Vykron does to make CG Armor He-Man? That would be awesome!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Primordial Giant or Golem guardian? The thing I'm enjoying most is the speculation. It seams ALOT f us dislike the hair. If I was part of the selection process I would have just went with "Grayskull Warrior" for his name. I wonder if the Rattlor arms and legs would help him feel more rock like? As for parts reuse...

Mini comic Tri-Klops boots!

Quote Originally Posted by JDubya88788 View Post
    The spirit of Grayskull shouldn’t be able to act like Jesus Christ (God Incarnate) because if it were that easy he would be the most powerful man in the universe and we would have no need for He-Man... My 2 cents!!
    If Grayskullman is a Jesus Golem, he would be limited to the amount of stones that comprise the Castle and are large enough to sculpt into a man. Pulverize enough of them, and their wouldn't be any more Castle. As others have said, it's a last line of defense. Although he is dressed the part to be the Door Man.

Amazing. A primordial Snake Mountain inspired jackal giant who carries Serpos on his back would be pretty kick ass. If you did that with Central Tower and made him out of stars (like He-Ro's Sword) ...That's what I would have submitted to the CaC if I ever nailed down exactly what I wanted him to look like. LoL. I've always toyed with writing an Eternian creation myth that details the "Formation War" that was waged for dominion of the Star Seed near the Creation of the Universe. The "Energy Beast" has always been one of my favorite episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    He needs a Point Dread hat, Talon Fighter pet and a turret for an arm :P
    Funny. But a Point Dread shoulder and a giant Zoar would be a nice fit for the personification of the primordial Grayskull giant.

That would be me. I am Daniel Benedict.

I'm just wondering if theyre going to use my bio idea too.

I hope not too many people hate this character.
    Congratulations! Glad it was "one of us"!

any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    The swords are from the vintage flag...Cool
    The same flag that inspired the 4HM to create the 200x "techno" Sword as well Keldor's Twin blades IIRC.
    The "classiczation" of the 200x Swords compared to these new Grayskull flag swords leaves me with conflicted emotions.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; July 14, 2012 at 09:34am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post

Amazing!! I am in LOVE with this figure!!!
    He kind of looks like Total Fitness Grayskull. That flowing hair lol!

Cue Flashdance theme!

Congrats again Daniel. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal his shield for "other" purposes. Thanks for having them make us the flag swords as well!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

It's not original character concept. I saw already long time ago some custom made Castle Grayskull personifications. And when I saw them I thought hey it's great idea to see it in actuall MOTUC line, but I knew there is no real chance for this to happen. I myself imagined Castle Grayskull man, rather as beast size figure, looking as moving tower. That would make more sense to me, but still, it's MOTU so tank head human size creatures are ok.

Wow, now I saw higher resolution photo of him, impressive, I love flowing chair too. I'm only curious if this is actual made figure looking, or they going to change him?
    Last edited by Teitan; July 14, 2012 at 08:59am.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock323 View Post
    Gods Above! Here's hoping we're getting ribbed. I mean, the weapons are pretty cool, but I just do not like the concept. I mean, what is it supposed to be?
    Thats the beauty of this character, the bio is limitless, for all we know he could have helped fighting off scareglow, he could have been a King Grayskull loyalist, Veena turning him into a Grayskull warrior to help protect the secerts of Grayskull, the writers can go anywhere here.

For me i think Daniel has done a great job, well thought out character, fits into motu more then MS, SLL or Cy-Chop. I know people are knocking it now but really when its in the hands im sure they will have a differnt take on things.

I was thinking about the name, i dont mind CastleGrayskullman but maybe a shortname like POCG Protector Of Castle Grayskull, something like that as an alternative. Out of all of my 30th characters this is my fav and i really like Draego man.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Love him!

when i saw him all i could think of was the wall golems from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

as far as i'm concerned they are the statues in the castle, called by a spell to protect it when in times of great need

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Daniel can you make sure those arms are reuse from Whiplash/Clawful, the first pics look better then the proto on display, has that better rock feel.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I like the idea that he's just an insanely huge giant who died and his skull and bones were built into the castle.

I didn't really expect to like this character, although personally I've been alright with the 30th anniversary line. I like the fact that we're getting some new blood, just for fun. Anyway, I like this figure more the more I look at it... pretty good win, if you ask me! (Which nobody did.)

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

Bearshow, those are GREAT!!! We need a Crystal Castlewoman to help out against those!

- - - Updated - - -

Did they get someone to redraw it like they did the rest?
    I don't think so, it's not in the hyper-detailed style of the others. BTW, did they bleach the hair in the drawing or did you submit it with white hair? That's probably the main criticism and it looks like it came from Mattel!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Congratulations to Mr Benedict, our very own Masque. =)

I have to admit that I'm not sure if I'll buy this guy...not quite sure what to make of him... But then that's true of many figures and characters. I'll wait for Pixel Dan's review.

Widget
    Hey Congrats to the winner. Im Really happy for you!!!!. My son and I submitted 5 or 6 ideas ourselves. A Castle Grayskull guy was on our list of concepts to actually do.Its cool to see a non figure come to life that's actually been alive that we all Marvel at and want our figures to be around in a display. It was really the obvious no brainier of choice. Im not sure if the figure is a completely original idea like the rules may have stated, but never the less. We cant wait to get him.

Toy Guru please include the laser canon from Castle Grayskull as an extra weapon in some form for this guy to hold.

I'm not wild about the blonde hair - but this figure is all kinds of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    Maybe to distract from the fact that neither Clamp Champ or Snake Face were shown.