Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

The pink sword is accurate. Look at both sides of the flag.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/HE-MAN-MOTU-CASTLE-GRAYSKULL-FLAG-PART-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/$(KGrHqVHJCUE+hnBQ((4BQR!EzdL0w~~60_35.JPG

Before I saw those recent pics, this was a figure that I was really excited about and really wanted, however, the darker paint apps are horrible. I'll reserve judgement and wait for Pixel Dan's review but unless the final product looks more like the prototype, I may end up skipping this one.

cgm8.jpg
    here's a pic i didn't add any filters to.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I was a little disappointed when I saw the darker wash, but that new pic makes him look great. Thanks, Masque. Excitement: unaffected.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

The awesome CGM is clearly a "blastic" toy, but that actually is an improvement on the figure, in my view.

However, if he needs green touch-ups when I have him in hand, I will get out my paints - which is getting to be standard procedure for my MOTUC.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So masque...what are you going to do with those other 23 Castle Grayskullmen?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

White hair would have been better for this He-Man variant.
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

Hey Dan,

Give you a free VO for one of those figures..

Hey Masque how are we gonna get you to autograph this figure when it comes out???
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Hey Masque
    great work on this figure i'm very excited to be adding this guy to my collection . i just will have to wait until novemebr i guess
    you did a killer job

Awesome video Masque! Not that I needed extra convincing to pick this guy up. Two for me for sure! (and I'll probably be snagging a few extra for some of my friends.)
    END OF LINE

I remember in PD's video walkthrough, Toyguru said that CastleGrayskull Man would have white hair with green in it, instead of the blonde hair......but he also said that Frosta would also have a whiter outfit than what was displayed.........C'est la vie

I'm not a fan of the darker color green either. It needs to be just a little bit lighter. Still a good figure, though!
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome job dude, I kinda like the darker shade,
    Hey man I'll send you a 'Castle of power' 'Jaw'bridge for a CGSM haha

A great looking figure, or WAS!!!
    What happened to his colors? He's almost dark forest green with too much oily shine, for a second I thought he was an old NA figure! He suppose to have a flat color wash, no?

We need better pics or a good review asap...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    Before I saw those recent pics, this was a figure that I was really excited about and really wanted, however, the darker paint apps are horrible. I'll reserve judgement and wait for Pixel Dan's review but unless the final product looks more like the prototype, I may end up skipping this one.
    Yeah I'm with you on this.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm a bit disappointed by this figure... Its colours are way too dark (is the black plastic morbo to be blamed for this once again ?). But the swords are absolutely outstanding (albeit too dark as well).

Still on the fence about this figure. I'll wait for Pixel Dan's preview before I take my decision.

So cool!!

Also... UP THE IRONS!!
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So masque...what are you going to do with those other 23 Castle Grayskullmen?
    I'm not sure. I've given several to family members and close friends. Probably make an altar and worship the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Hey Masque how are we gonna get you to autograph this figure when it comes out???
    I dunno. Mail it to me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg88 View Post
    Hey Masque
    great work on this figure i'm very excited to be adding this guy to my collection . i just will have to wait until novemebr i guess
    you did a killer job
    Thank you!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Underling View Post
    Awesome video Masque! Not that I needed extra convincing to pick this guy up. Two for me for sure! (and I'll probably be snagging a few extra for some of my friends.)
    thanks man!

- - - Updated - - -

I feel I need to clarify. On a few of those early pics I posted on fb, I added some filters which made the figure look darker and more shiny than it really is. The overall color IS a bit darker than the teal-looking one from the prototype photo. And the hair is more of a pale flourescent green instead of the yellow hulk hogan hair. Anyway, I think he turned out perfect. He seems more menacing. Or maybe I'm just biased. Who knows? Oh well.
    Here's a comparison shot with no filters added.
    compare.png

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Not as fond of the darker color, but darkening seems to happen a lot in this line from prototype to final figure. Doesn't ruin the figure for me, though; it's still a great design that oozes MOTU, so it's a must have.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

i hope you got more for all of your great efforts and talents then 24 of the same figure. that was a big contest. they should have really hooked you up.
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miscus555 View Post
    i hope you got more for all of your great efforts and talents then 24 of the same figure. that was a big contest. they should have really hooked you up.
    He got a free 2013 sub.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    I love how the figure turned out, and I'm really looking forward to getting him (might even get 2 for some reason he seems to want to work in pairs in my head).
    One thing that's kind of weird though, from certain angles, mainly top ones, he looks chunky and downright fat with with torso piece. From the front or below he looks fine, but he just looks round from some angles. Kind of weird.
    I have one question though and this might have been answered already, is the torso piece glued on, or is it removable to show a normal buck underneath?
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Menacing indeed! Also noticed they left the top and bottom row of CGMS teeth unpainted so his "fangs" look more prominent. This guy looks like a force to be reckon with. ! Congratulations Daniel!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed by this figure... Its colours are way too dark (is the black plastic morbo to be blamed for this once again ?).
    And in other news...fan is disappointed by SOMETHING about a MOTUC figure. In an effort to never disappoint fans again Mattel has decided to suspend all production on future MOTUC figures after Castle Grayskull Man, as they have determined that there is absolutely no pleasing the fan community... on any level... ever. This will also signal the end of the internets, all movie production for any films currently and/or future slated, and perhaps (scientists are working on this one) even remove all flavor from food and food related products changing it to bland and flavorless. For me info... keep reading the bios.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!