Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo.../DSC_44701.jpg

Hmmmm... this was my main complaint too, the blond hair looks a little weird. White hair with green highlights or a green wash would be way cooler. I hope Mattel will listen to fans on this, and that Daniel himself can have some influence on the final figure, because this really deserves a repaint before it is released. Change the hair color and this is pretty much my favorite figure in the line, it really is that awesome!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post

Hmmmm... this was my main complaint too, the blond hair looks a little weird. White hair with green highlights or a green wash would be way cooler. I hope Mattel will listen to fans on this, and that Daniel himself can have some influence on the final figure, because this really deserves a repaint before it is released. Change the hair color and this is pretty much my favorite figure in the line, it really is that awesome!
    That drawing is really good!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Ummmm... these are absolutely AMAZING!!! Wow, I mean WOW!! PLEASE MAKE THESE INTO FIGURES!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, the blonde hair is nice but it pops out too much. Maybe a darker shade like He-Man's hair with a dirty wash.

Quote Originally Posted by MC Modulok View Post
    Do we know why there's the spare Man-E-Faces 'head' in front of Grayskullman? Is it meant to be a clue that he'll come with a secret bonus item?

http://distilleryimage10.s3.amazonaw...0a1e8a5f_7.jpg

Maybe his father -Daniel Benedict- can tell us....

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    White hair with green highlights or a green wash would be way cooler.
    Definitely this!! Hopefully it's early enough to change it!

Also, now that I'm looking at it more, I wonder why the original design didn't include the full helm? I think that would've looked cooler.
    Last edited by Lay Ze-Man; July 14, 2012 at 12:15pm.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Gives me the creeps but his hair is gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    He's missing the whiplash shoulders at the convention. Make sure you guys tell TG.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I don't think so, it's not in the hyper-detailed style of the others. BTW, did they bleach the hair in the drawing or did you submit it with white hair? That's probably the main criticism and it looks like it came from Mattel!
    Yes. I think he looked better with the Whiplash shoulders, although it is not in the design sketch, and I think the White hair does look better, which WAS in the design sketch. Can we all come to an agreement to see if any of these changes should be made?

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Actually I think this is the coolest of all the reveals. He's creepy and looks like hes from a vintage horror film. PLUS he comes with the swords Ive always dreamed of owning. Ill get 2 for sure, I dig him alot! Whiplashs shoulders would have looked pretty cool also, but its fine as is if thats what they go with.

His hair is going to be white on the final yes? I think thats the only issue I see is that the blonde looks weird as hell.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    Maybe to distract from the fact that neither Clamp Champ or Snake Face were shown.
    Maybe to distract from the fact Vertigo has stated a billion times that it's obvious it was Dekker and Rattlor and my source was an idiot? Yeah that's what I thought- any other attempts at trolling?

If I really wanted to be petty I could point out the fact I hinted at Terry's character months ago as "technologically beastly" robot + parts from Beastman= technologically beastly, Frosta and although the boots were different at first...WE SAW AT SDCC THEY CHANGED THEM. Lets not forget the fact that I was so precise with the mini-comic information that Val had to ask me NOT to talk about it anymore as Mattel was giving him and Wellington Alves a hard time. Please try harder to troll next time as I've tried harder to be less negative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Actually I think this is the coolest of all the reveals. He's creepy and looks like hes from a vintage horror film. PLUS he comes with the swords Ive always dreamed of owning. Ill get 2 for sure, I dig him alot! Whiplashs shoulders would have looked pretty cool also, but its fine as is if thats what they go with.

His hair is going to be white on the final yes? I think thats the only issue I see is that the blonde looks weird as hell.
    What if he's the ultimate form of the elders+the powers of Grayskull+He-man?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I'm glad to see you and the rest of the "Vertigo Man Hater's Club" are still idolizing me as your personal savior- I truly am humbled.
    Last edited by vertigoink; July 14, 2012 at 05:40pm.

It's a weird kind of character, but so are Vykron and some of the others prototype ideas. Very cool IMO! I want him. Congrats to the winner!
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    I wonder if it's possible to post a picture of the original sketch used for the contest

- - - Updated - - -

in reply to myself (lol):

That is what is above in Draego Man's post.
    It's a great sketch. Love how the 4H interpreted the shield.

I do like more white on the hair, though you can see it looks much less blonde in the one in the case.

The BIO! A lot of us guessed this one, it seems. Plus... controversy will probably ensue from this one...

Castle Grayskullman
    Heroic Embodiment of Castle Grayskull

During the Second Ultimate Battleground, Hordak and King Hsss' grand army pressed in against the allied heroes of Eternia. In the darkest moment of battle, all hope seemed lost as many heroes fell, including Snake Man-At-Arms and Stratos. Reaching out through the Orb of Power, hidden deep inside Castle Grayskull, He-man and the new Sorceress used an unrepeatable spell to call upon the Power of Grayskull and infuse life into the very spirit of the castle itself. Rising from the castle's hidden Chamber of Defense; Castle Grayskullman marched into battle, swinging his dual swords of power, helping to turn the tide.

I prefer Grayskullman to be an army of soldiers, not just one. Poor Stratos gets a random death.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The BIO! A lot of us guessed this one, it seems. Plus... controversy will probably ensue from this one...
    You know, I'm ok with it. However I have no strong attachment to him either. Perhaps King He-Man will have the new Lord or Lady of Avion in his court and by Lady I mean Hawke or Delora.

It says "many heroes fell, including..." I wonder who the others are.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Actually I think this is the coolest of all the reveals. He's creepy and looks like hes from a vintage horror film. PLUS he comes with the swords Ive always dreamed of owning.
    Agreed. This is one of the creepiest figures in the line. As I child, I always thought the Castle should become emobided somehow & here it is! A very cool vision of something I've always wanted.

Even the bio isn't bad - a creature like this is entirely what I'd expect from the last-ditch defense by the Castle of Mystery & Power.

A well deserved win.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

It was stated in the panel that the hair was going to be closer to a shade of green by Cornboy and Eric. I also agree this figure should represent an army of Grayskull golems to protect the power. I SO cant wait for those swords.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Oh, whatever the bio says he's definitely going to be an army of two for me at least.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Agreed. This is one of the creepiest figures in the line. As I child, I always thought the Castle should become emobided somehow & here it is! A very cool vision of something I've always wanted.

Even the bio isn't bad - a creature like this is entirely what I'd expect from the last-ditch defense by the Castle of Mystery & Power.

A well deserved win.
    The bio really tied it all together for me- I was lukewarm about him before that but after reading it, seeing the actual figure as opposed to the mock up, and finding out Daniel had no idea about Boskoes custom previously I'm totally psyched to get 2- 1 for a custom, and one for display!

Great bio for Castle Grayskullman. Pretty much what a lot of us thought it would be.
    He is absolutely creepy, and that's what Grayskull should be all about. Imagine his enemies reactions when they saw that thing coming at them! He's so creepy that I'm sure I'll have to put him away once in a while
    This figure is all-around pure win. For me it joins the ranks of Dekker, Ram Man, and and a few other figures revealed that I just cannot wait to own.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    That would be me. I am Daniel Benedict. Man, I hope everyone likes this character. I can't possibly describe how happy i am right now. Oh my... I'm in shock.
    Congrats, you did an awesome job with this figure, I might even buy two extra copies of him.
    Surely he puts the other 30th anniversary figures like Cy-Chop, SLL and TMS to shame. He's even a lot creepier than Scareglow himself, and for that alone you deserve to win.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    The more I look at this figure, the more I love it! Second only to Draego Man, out of the 30th anniversary figures, and definitely one of the best releases of 2012! Can't wait to stand him next to the Icon Heroes Grayskull card-holder/letter opener set!

Love those weapons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I prefer Grayskullman to be an army of soldiers, not just one. Poor Stratos gets a random death.
    Not random necessarily, he died in battle so it is meaningful. I feel worse about him dying than MAA.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I still like this design a bit more. Looks more castle-like. But given the constraints of the CAC I think Grayskull Man hits it out of the park.

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcusto....php?FID=22740
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!