Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Now That We Know All The "Fan Choice" Slots, Who Are You Voting For?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Hell yeah! You cant go wrong with us on your side!
    I'm sorry, but I prefer the company of Wuzzles & Leader-1 to Ponies & Optimus Prime.

Although I'm still Team Geldor.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm sorry, but I prefer the company of Wuzzles & Leader-1 to Ponies & Optimus Prime.

Although I'm still Team Geldor.
    Sorry, I don't have any Wuzzles. But I'll be sure to remember this for next time.

This Mr. Shokoti guy here always roots for the underdog over the popular favorite!

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Come on, Shokoti. Even if some hate her, you have to see Mattel isn't playing fair with Illumina! When the official .org poll was up, Mattel forced them to pull Illumina's bio/description completely! Every other character had a description so people could know a bit about who they were voting for. Later, Mattel said it was because they didn't want people confused if they didn't use that story...or something to that effect. The problem is, a lot of the characters' bios differ from era/canon. Especially Delora, who is either Stratos' sister or wife! None of those were forced to be pulled.
    Mattel said that the winner of the Create-A-Character might see a name change or different bio than its creator intended. If Mattel played differently with Illumina than the other nominees, it's probably because they knew people would be ready to rake them over the coals if any changes were made. IMO they were hedging their bets.

Now, in the official Mattel vote, many of the options in this list are well-described and have either LOTS of new tooling or will come with LOTS of accessories. Illumina is described as having 1 accessory and a new head. That's just plain dirty. Whichever character wins this slot should get the EXACT same level of the budget for tooling and accessories. That's fair. Putting Illumina on Female Buck 2.0 and making a new two-piece outfit for her would bring her to 4 new pieces, which is in-line with the majority of characters on that list.
    KnightDamien covered this well IMO.

Some may love her because of her creators I guess, but I think too many people write her off that way. I'm not so certain people would be willing to spend so much time campaigning for (and paying a good deal of money for!) a figure if they did not want it.

Illumina kind of reminds me of the 80's prototypes of He-Ro, Eldor and the Star Sisters. We knew next to nothing about those characters for 25-30 years, but they were highly regarded and desired by many. They weren't desired because they were created by X person. They were desired because people loved their look, design, colours, accessories, etc.
    For me, Illumina was a published pin-up that I have no connection to. I'm not eager for concept characters to all get toys. Vikor & Demo-Man were early sketches of He-Man & Skeletor, but all others seem like obstacles to characters I really want. I'm not going to lie, I find the group of characters we have to vote on to be quite lackluster so I don't feel Illumina to be up against that much. If Shokoti or an equally requested character was up against her, I'd agree, but most of the choices are variants or characters with a vocal minority behind them at best.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Can I vote for a She-Ra-related character?

No?

Then to heck with this.
    No, and I understand your frustration, but you could still vote for a brand new female to become part of the line!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Mattel said that the winner of the Create-A-Character might see a name change or different bio than its creator intended. If Mattel played differently with Illumina than the other nominees, it's probably because they knew people would be ready to rake them over the coals if any changes were made. IMO they were hedging their bets.
    Then all characters should only have been allowed a NAME and a PICTURE, like Illumina. All bios and descriptions should have been removed, not just the bio/description of ONE character.

KnightDamien covered this well IMO.
    I 100% disagree. Every other character on the list gets a lot of new tooling or a lot of accessories. Illumina gets a new head and ONE weapon. That's two things. Mini-Comics Trap-Jaw (who SHOULD be just a straight repaint) is getting different body parts (possibly Hurricane Hordak's arm canon) and a bunch of arm attachments. Songster: almost 100% new tool. I went through the others on the list here:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3581087567

If Geldor was described as being a repaint of Tri-Klops with a new head and sword, I would be upset too saying how unfair that is. This is exactly the same thing, in my opinion.

For me, Illumina was a published pin-up that I have no connection to. I'm not eager for concept characters to all get toys. Vikor & Demo-Man were early sketches of He-Man & Skeletor, but all others seem like obstacles to characters I really want. I'm not going to lie, I find the group of characters we have to vote on to be quite lackluster so I don't feel Illumina to be up against that much. If Shokoti or an equally requested character was up against her, I'd agree, but most of the choices are variants or characters with a vocal minority behind them at best.
    While I really like Shokoti and DO want to see a MOTUC action figure of her (Emiliano did an AMAZING concept of her in MOTUC, by the way!), I don't see how she's that much different from Illumina. Both have only appeared in one medium and got "little screen time." House of Shokoti was a 2 part episode, but she only appears in the second part. Illumina appeared in 3-4 comics (same ad), but that's still technically more appearances. She also had a very specific and fleshed out story line which was going to be published but got pulled at the 11th hour. She isn't just a sketch a creator drew that changed into something else or was discarded (like Gygor, Vikor or Demo-Man). Both characters are also beloved by fans and highly requested. They both also happen to be blue skinned.

This isn't a knock against Shokoti, as I really do love her too. I really think if Illumina had a brief appearance in Filmation (like Shokoti or Kittrina, for example) some of her detractors would be clamoring for her. *shrugs*
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I voted for Illumina, but it is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE for her to be just yet another repaint of Teela's outfit with just a new head and weapon. WE DO NOT WANT A FIFTH REUSE OF THAT TUNIC.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    This isn't a knock against Shokoti, as I really do love her too. I really think if Illumina had a brief appearance in Filmation (like Shokoti or Kittrina, for example) some of her detractors would be clamoring for her. *shrugs*
    Definitely.

Just like if it was Toyguru who had created Illumina, she would be hated by many!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Definitely.

Just like if it was Toyguru who had created Illumina, she would be hated by many!
    Well...I don't know about that. I don't hate The Mighty Spector! I'm not a fan of how he's being used though. I prefer to think of him like a time-ninja-spy, if you will. Get in, do the mission and get out. NO ONE outside of King He-Man and the other time agents should even know he exists and Skeletor shouldn't be terrified of "Agent Spector" finding out he's up to something.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

geldor or songster. They are the most unique with the most unique parts.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Obviously Songster for me.

But I really want Camo Khan, too.

I do not understand this fascination with Illumina. Her place in MOTU is a single picture. Geldor deserves a spot over her.

And I definitely do not want this spot to go to a character revisit.

Camo Khan would be a great exclusive.

As for people complaining about the Illumina plan, give me a break. The point of this line is shared parts. A new head and a weapon is all she needs. One of the most liked reveals was Jitsu and all he has new are weapons and a head. I don't hear people complaining that Jitsu only had a new head and weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    As for people complaining about the Illumina plan, give me a break. The point of this line is shared parts. A new head and a weapon is all she needs. One of the most liked reveals was Jitsu and all he has new are weapons and a head. I don't hear people complaining that Jitsu only had a new head and weapons.
    Jitsu has a new head, new hand, new chest armour (King Randor's has the royal seal on his and the back is sculpted to accommodate his glued-on cape), new sword and TWO mini-scythe weapons (newly tooled, not the same mold as Grizzlor's axe). 5 newly tooled parts, 3 accessories. Illumina's voting description: 2 new tooled parts, one being her sole weapon.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Who the hell is this Geldor you guys keep talking about? What is his back story? What makes him a better character than Illumina?

I voted for Illumina becase A. she has a you know what, and B. she is a Gar, and can really add onto the story of the Gars.

What can Geldor bring to the table other than looking like Lars from Metallica.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I don't see how she's that much different from Illumina. Both have only appeared in one medium and got "little screen time." House of Shokoti was a 2 part episode, but she only appears in the second part. Illumina appeared in 3-4 comics (same ad), but that's still technically more appearances.
    One is just a picture which doesn't tell you anything about her unless you read some posts about her on this forum.

The other is a villain in the most popular media related to MOTU which has been cited by many fans as one of their favorite episodes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Who the hell is this Geldor you guys keep talking about?
    Are you sure you're on the right forum?

What is his back story? What makes him a better character than Illumina?
    Because he has a backstory that was actually published?

I voted for Illumina becase A. she has a you know what

What?

and B. she is a Gar, and can really add onto the story of the Gars.
    That's another strike against Illumina for me. The ****ing "G-word".

What can Geldor bring to the table other than looking like Lars from Metallica.
    If he looks like anyone, I'd say Mr. T. I'm not seeing a balding Danish drummer when I look at him.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Just bought another 2 subs to vote for Geldor.

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    What the hell? I'll throw in for Geldor. 14 sub votes in for Geldor.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMaBo2 View Post
    i used all my votes for Geldor. I bought 1 personal sub and 50 for my store
    LOL! Geldor just powered past Illumina.

i go with Geldor

Glad it looks like Geldor is being made. Helped me decide NOT to get a sub. Geldor is an equivalent of the other ethnicities added to Super Powers when we were kids except he didn't have a figure back then. No desire to buy him. Glad you guys are letting Mattel off easy.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

I voted for Illumina, but to tell the true I`m among the ones who do not believe that she will be made even if she wins, Scott will tell it was Geldor or C&D Evil-Lyn.He don't like the character and don't want it MOTUC, I guees it is a ego thing and I'm getting tired of it, he already got his ber amazing Mighty Spector, now let us have our blue gal done right (and take the opportunity to make a few thousand bucks more giving us that white battle-cat repaint) even if she was designed by that talented Italian guy who used to be around here, that him don't look to appreciate very much!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

I got 2 subscriptions and I voted for Geldor.

Sorry, but some of the other ones we ALREADY have figures of.IE-Trappy and Lyn.
    Songster? I mean come on.
    And as much as Illumina is a favorite, like they have already said, she will just be a Teela repaint with a new head.
    Just me personally, I want an ENTIRELY new character we never had like Geldor.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

I voted the Green demon. My most vivid minicomics menory are about the Masks of Power and my first figure Fisto

Voting for him opens the door for the purple demon the description says:
    No plans for his partner, the Purple Demon, at this point, but if he wins it increases the chance of perhaps getting to the other demon in time.

I also think we will get figures like Lodar and Geldor anyways. This is out change to get the outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by air23cnhit View Post
    I got 2 subscriptions and I voted for Geldor.
    Just me personally, I want an ENTIRELY new character we never had like Geldor.
    Entirely? He's the standard male buck with a new armor piece and a new head. Trust me, you aren't getting a 100% unique sculpt here. And if you mean the character and not the figure, both Illumina and Geldor are "ENTIRELY new characters".
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

I'm a little confused about the Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn choice. The description in the voting spot said she would come with a new, two piece outfit...but I see sites that reported from SDCC saying Toyguru said she would just have a new cloak and hooded head. So...which is it? I imagine all the people who are voting for C&D Evil-Lyn are doing so because of the new outfit and not the cloak...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    New obscure character versus a major character? I know many of you see CD Evil-Yn as another variant, but to me, Mattel might as well have released Evil-Lyn for the first time ever. That's the one I've been asking for since April 2009.

I'll display Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn far more than any other choice, since that's basically Evil-Lyn to me. That's why she wins over new characters or variants that I wouldn't display as much. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have those guys, but they don't beat your main version of a character.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a little confused about the Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn choice. The description in the voting spot said she would come with a new, two piece outfit...but I see sites that reported from SDCC saying Toyguru said she would just have a new cloak and hooded head. So...which is it? I imagine all the people who are voting for C&D Evil-Lyn are doing so because of the new outfit and not the cloak...
    In the video at 46:22, Toyguru said that she would have a 200X tunic.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

I meant character yes, but Illumina has not been around as long a Geldor. He was here in the Mini Comics. Illumina allbeit a great character, has only been around recently. I would want Illumina more in design with the 200X line. That is my favorite line anyway, but I buy anything He-MAn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Entirely? He's the standard male buck with a new armor piece and a new head. Trust me, you aren't getting a 100% unique sculpt here. And if you mean the character and not the figure, both Illumina and Geldor are "ENTIRELY new characters".
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I voted Illumina - but did pause for debate as I like Geldor too - in the end Illumina won out though