Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Now That We Know All The "Fan Choice" Slots, Who Are You Voting For?

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Either Geldor or Glenn. Can't decide.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

I actually want to vote for Illumina. Geldor would be second.

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Crash Landing Glenn - Easy to make a custom of this.
    Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn - Easy to make a custom of this.
    Geldor - Nah.
    Mini-Comic Trap Jaw - Easy to make a custom of this.
    Illumina - Yes yes yes!
    Songster - Nope.
    Cameo Khan - Easy to make a custom of this.
    Mask of Power Demon - Nope.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    Marlena in white spacesuit... as long as it isn't a straight repaint and has a new helmet.
    If I heard Toyguru in the live video stream correctly, she will be a straight repaint with new gloves.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

For me, none of them jump out, but it will be between Minicomic Trap Jaw, the Masks Of Power demon and Songster.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    The Mask of Power Demons !!!
    Wouldn't cry if it was Mini Comic Trap Jaw, but my vote is for the Demon(s) too! Come on: show some mini comic love people.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Before Mattel announced the finalists, Geldor was a shoo in to get my vote. That 200X Lyn and mini comics Trap-Jaw though are must haves for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Which one of these will get your vote(s)? I'm still deciding.

Crash Landing Glenn
    Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn
    Geldor
    Mini-Comic Trap Jaw
    Illumina
    Songster
    Cameo Khan
    Mask of Power Demon
    We have a Space Suit Marlena, so while I appreciate some fans werent pleased, we dont need another one.
    We have a 200x version of Evil Lyn, so while I appreciate some fans werent pleased, we dont need another one.

Camo Kahn & Mini Comic Trap Jaw are all very good variants that shouldnt be in this list, but their own figures down the line, for reals yo, and for sure.

Songster & Geldor are unique characters that should definately be made.

Mask of power demon? Meh.

and of Course Illumina is the most likely to win, based on the '.orgers.

But really, most of these should get made.

I'll vote Songster of course.

Illumina. No contest.

But it bothers me she might be a repaint and not come with Sleetah.

And yes Geldor is like next on my want list after Illumina so I hate that I might not get one or either of them depending on how this vote goes.

That new Evil-Lyn looks like something that should be made regardless of a vote.

Can't believe so many people are thinking Evil-Lyn, i am all about 200X but i dont need a third version of her.

Illumina, already voted.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I'm with Darkspecter on this. I would absolutely hate to see a minor variant of a character we already have win this thing. I, too, think the only good options are Illumina, Geldor, Songster, and MoP Demon. I wouldn't mind a Songster, per se, but I can't imagine him on par with the others. MoP Demon would be cool too, if done right. Unfortunately, the fact that it's "Demon" instead of "Demons" already eliminates that possibility. I honestly believe that Illumina and Geldor are the only two worthy choices.

Of course, it's Illumina all the way for me. Do we need to have another Illumina month?

Does anyone else feel it's silly for only one of the Masks of Power demons to be on here? I mean that's a 2-pack if ever I saw one. Granted now that we may be another two years away from Horde Troopers, I don't know how hot a 2-pack sounds anymore, but I sure wouldn't want just one of those two characters.

From the voting site regarding Illumina:
    This brand-new character would be a repaint of the tunic/body from Teela®, with a new head and weapon as needed
    I have no interest in a straight Teela repaint, so Illumina is out.

I'm voting for Scorpia, Dragstor, Blast-Attak, Madame Razz, Glimmer and the other dozen MOTU characters I want before any of these unusual, unwanted, crappy choices.

Once again, the fans desire for another version of an existing character boggles my mind. I have 200x Evil Lyn, figure and staction, as well as MOTUC Evil Lyn. I passed on Battle Ground, because to me, it was just a MOTUC 200x. Why would anyone want another?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm voting for Scorpia, Dragstor, Blast-Attak, Madame Razz, Glimmer and the other dozen MOTU characters I want before any of these unusual, unwanted, crappy choices.

Once again, the fans desire for another version of an existing character boggles my mind. I have 200x Evil Lyn, figure and staction, as well as MOTUC Evil Lyn. I passed on Battle Ground, because to me, it was just a MOTUC 200x. Why would anyone want another?

Here are the descriptions from Matty's voting page:

-----------------------------------------------------------
    "Mini-Comics" Trap Jaw®
    "Read my lips: No new axes."

When we were producing the Toys ‘R’ Us MOTU vs. DCU 2-packs, "Mini-Comic" Trap Jaw® was a top choice for a variant. Although he could technically be a possible candidate for a “quarterly variant” slot in the MOTUC lineup, now that quarterly variants and oversized variants have been combined into the same four slots per year, it is even less likely we will get to this version of Trap Jaw® anytime soon. He is not just a repaint, but would use different sets of shared parts to make a new, more colorful version of one of the most popular MOTU villains of all time. This execution would be based on his original first mini-comic appearance. For his bio, this would simply be a different look for the existing Trap Jaw® character; not an all-new character with its own back story.

Camo Kobra Khan™
    "What? You can trussssst me."

Another candidate from the discontinued MOTU vs. DCU 2-packs, this version of Kobra Khan™ was originally released in the vintage line overseas but never in the US. It is the basic Kobra Khan™ with arms from Buzz-Off®, a mace from Clawful®, and a fresh camouflage deco. Much like Trap Jaw®, he could potentially be a candidate for a MOTUC quarterly variant, but with the variants and beasts combined for 2013, it is just a little less likely he’ll ever make it. As for the bio, we would treat him perhaps as a mutation of Kahn, maybe after he eats Ambrosia!

Green Demon™
    "Vote mean, vote green!"

This character is from the classic mini-comic “The Masks of Power.” Although he did not win the fan polls in either the US (Illumina) or Germany (Geldor™), he was a top contender in both countries so he’s earned a spot as a candidate. This would be an all-new character using shared parts and new parts as needed. No plans for his partner, the Purple Demon, at this point, but if he wins it increases the chance of perhaps getting to the other demon in time.

"Cloak and Dagger" Evil-Lyn®
    "Choose me or I’ll put a death spell on you. Seriously."

When we did a new Evil-Lyn® in 200X colors, fans and customers asked for a more specific version that also included her new tunic. To deliver on this request, we propose this slightly different version of Evil-Lyn® from the 200X series when she was in allegiance to the Snake Men™. She would use the 2.0 female body buck with a single new hooded head, and include an all-new tunic and removable cloak. To create the “ultimate version” of 200X-colored Evil-Lyn®, customers could swap the new hooded head with either the helmet head or non-helmet head from Battleground Evil-Lyn®, much as Bubble Power™ She-Ra® and original She-Ra® can be mixed and matched. This is another figure we may possibly get to in our very limited variant slots, but if she wins the contest, fans just get her that much quicker!

"Crash Landing" Queen Marlena™

"You know you want me."

When we released Captain Glenn™ as a 2011 SDCC figure, she included a green astro suit and could be swapped into Queen Marlena™ in her trademark green dress. Many fans and customers asked for a white repaint to be more accurate to her cartoon and comic appearances… so here you go! This would be a mostly straight repaint with new gloves. Another candidate who could potentially go in a variant slot, but winning the contest guarantees it!

Illumina™
    "If I don’t win, I’ll just be blue."

Illumina is the slot choice from He-Man.org. She appeared in a print ad for a never-released issue of the 2002 comic series from MVP Creations and Image Comics. This brand-new character would be a repaint of the tunic/body from Teela®, with a new head and weapon as needed.

Geldor™
    "Together we will do evil to all good people!"

Geldor™ is the slot choice from the German fan base. He appeared in the classic mini-comic “The Elixir of Life.” An entirely new character, he would be a combination of new and shared parts as needed.

Song Master
    "Dude! Let’s totally rock this vote!"

Song Master was the “narrator” of the 1987 Power Tour live He-Man® singing and dancing show. This would not only be a new character, he’d be a completely new figure with a mix of shared and new parts. He would come with his musical instrument accessory.[/QUOTE]
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Interesting they renamed Songster. I mean the name isn't as cool as... say Sir Laser-Lot... but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    From the voting site regarding Illumina:

I have no interest in a straight Teela repaint, so Illumina is out.
    Now THAT is stacking the deck. Matty, Scott, that just sucks of you to do that.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I will be voting 3 times for Illumina per my 3 sub's. I am excited that she is an option for us fans. I am a bit disappointed that she could not be done with the female 2.0 buck and new tunic per Emiliano's art. Even, so, I will gladly vote for her as I think the 4 Horsemen will be able to make her look great, despite this limitation.

200x Evil Lyn.

Illumina, even though Mattel and ToyGuru seem to be doing their best to skew votes against her by saying she'd only be a repaint of Teela whilst Evil Lyn for example would have a new tunic.

I'm torn.

Marlena is my girl. I would love a variant of her. I wonder if she could come with a repaint of her Queen head?

Geldor is another favorite. Really awesome dude and villain.

Songster? He could be fun!

Then there are the variants, which are all really cool ideas.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Grayskull's Librarian Shadow Weaver 78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Can't believe so many people are thinking Evil-Lyn, i am all about 200X but i dont need a third version of her.

Illumina, already voted.
    Evil-Lyn, Hands Down. Finally, a true 200X version, and let's be honest, you can never have too many Evil-lyns.

Who is Illumina, anyway?

definately not illumina...

for me, either camo khan or songster.

Hmmmm, with the description as to what the figures might end up looking like, I may end up choosing the green demon.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Still have not decided if I will sub, but if I do it will be for the Evillyn. The description sounds great.

It's a toss up between Ilumina and Geldor for me.