Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Now That We Know All The "Fan Choice" Slots, Who Are You Voting For?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    From the voting site regarding Illumina:

I have no interest in a straight Teela repaint, so Illumina is out.
    How can Mattel ****ing do that?!

Green Demon gets new BODY parts (very expensive), Evil-Lyn gets a two-piece outfit straight out of MYP with a cape, Marlena: new tooled forearms, Geldor gets new body parts, Songster gets new body parts...clothes items...head AND new accessories.

Illumina only gets a new head and weapon. Also, they called MVC (MV Creations) MVP. Mattel is consistent in their belittling of the comic, it's creators and the characters that were unique to it.

DISGUSTING Mattel!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

All 5 of my votes have already been cast for Illumina!!

Crash Landing Glenn - While I do prefer the white outfit to the green one we already have, she is a variant and not as cool as a "New" character.

Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn - This sounds to be a cool variant but again, not as cool as a new character. I also think she's practically guaranteed of a future variant slot regardless of the outcome of this vote.

Mini-Comic Trap Jaw - Yet another variant. Like Cloak and Dagger Lyn, I believe he has a high probability of being made as a way to "refresh" Trap Jaw.

Camo Khan - Variant, again. Better suited as a Traveling Convention exclusive.

Geldor - A great selection for this vote. An original character from the mini-comics!! Due to his strong fan following and the fact that he's one of, if not the most requested mini-comic character behind Lodar, I believe Geldor in MOTUC is a certainty regardless of this vote. For that reason, it was easy to pick Illumina over Geldor.

Masks of Power Demon - This is the only character that gave me some pause concerning my votes. I prefer the purple demon and I believe that the voting will come down to Geldor and Illumina, so I felt my votes would have more "weight" supporting Illumina.

Songster - While he is an original character, he's extremely low on my list of wants.

Illumina - A cool original character. Short of Songster and the MOP Demon, I believe she has the least chance of being made. I'm hoping for a victory!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

There's no way in the world I'm voting for a variant/repaint.
    I respect everyone's opinion but I find it hard to understand why people seem to prefer repaints over new characters.. No offense meant!

So that leaves
    • Geldor
    • Illumina
    • Songster
    • Green Demon

I don't see the point of the Green Demon without the red one so I hope they make a two-pack of these two creatures one day.

So that leaves Geldor, Illumina and Songster...

I'm still deciding but it will be one of those.

I'm also hoping we'll see some of the other characters later in the line. Maybe the 2nd and 3rd spot of the fan vote will get released too...
    Awesome sticker included!

Well, a new character that's nothing more than a Teela repaint (like Illumina) to me is worse than a variant that has actually new parts (like Evil-Lyn).

Mattel doesn't want to make Illumina. Why can't some fans understand that?
    The descriptions on the voting website are definitely written to help skew opinions towards a specific figure.
    Even if Illumina truly "wins" the vote, there is no guarantee Mattel won't just say another figure won.
    I really feel that a vote for Illumina might be a wasted vote.
    Sorry Val & Emiliano
    Last edited by Kowl; July 13, 2012 at 07:19pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Illumina obviously. I don't need another Evil-Lyn, Trapjaw, or Marlena. I don't want a repaint of Kobra Khan, a bad 80s looking wannabe rockstar, and whatever the other one was. This is He-Man, not Transformers.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I wrote a letter to Mattel explaining my displeasure with how unfair and unequal they are being. Not that it matters, really. Whenever someone makes a valid point about something Mattel is doing that isn't exactly up to snuff...it gets deleted or the person gets banned.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7&r=3581087567
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I leaning heavily towards Geldor. Illumina is cool, but if mini-comics characters Geldor or the MOP demon put up big numbers then I may have a better chance of getting Rana, Garn, & Lodar.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Now THAT is stacking the deck. Matty, Scott, that just sucks of you to do that.
    Yes, we are paying 25$ so we as costumers need something better that just repaints (Teela uniform has been used in 2 Teelas, 2 EvilLyns, 1 Goddess). We are tired of it...

My vote will go for Songster, but I hate the Song Master name. This is another boy's'cott...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I'm voting for Illumina. I'm rather disgusted by the way Mattel threw 200X Evil-Lyn into the mix and are basically only repainting Teela for Illumina. Dirty pool, Mattel.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Illumina
    She gets my vote! This will most likely be the ONLY way to see her made! That's my reason to vote for her!

Geldor
    Want!!! But I'm sure we'll see him later down the line

Mask of Power Demon
    Want!!! A great monster design which would look awesome as a 4H sculpted figure!

Songster
    Want!!! With all the many 'goofy' MOTUC characters we have, he certainly is a must have! To me he will be Kevin Corrigan from the live action movie.

Crash Landing Glenn
    Want!!! I love the design and think she is a must in the line. I really hope to see her made down the line!

Cloak and Dagger Lyn
    Want!!! I would love a more accurate 200X Evil Lyn!!!
    This would be a 3rd repaint of a popular character which seems inevitable.

Mini Comic Trap Jaw and Cameo Kahn
    I personally don't care for these simple repaints.

The four characters; Illumina, Geldor, Mask of Power Demon & Songster are the ones which should truly count. I feel repaints/variants would be a waste of a contest if any of the repaints/variants would win
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I leaning heavily towards Geldor. Illumina is cool, but if mini-comics characters Geldor or the MOP demon put up big numbers then I may have a better chance of getting Rana, Garn, & Lodar.
    Mattel made Goddess and now Procrustus, the LARGEST mini-comics character. Believe me, they have no problems making mini-comics characters. Also, the mystic of MOTUC predictions even said Mattel was going to make Geldor in MOTUC before he got put on the voting lists.

Geldor

I am completely over Illumina and 200x Evil Lyn will get released eventually.

The way it has been described is that these figures have alreay been designed so they will all eventually come out at some stage

It was a toss-up, but I'm going with Song Master. Illumina has never done anything for me. I'm glad she has a fan base and I was going to donate my vote to them, but I think some more established vintage-era characters should go first, whether they be from the show, minicomics, stage show or the movie, rather than a character that only exists as one drawing for a comic that never came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Mattel made Goddess and now Procrustus, the LARGEST mini-comics character. Believe me, they have no problems making mini-comics characters. Also, the mystic of MOTUC predictions even said Mattel was going to make Geldor in MOTUC before he got put on the voting lists.
    Perhaps
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am completely over Illumina
    I am completely over Rio-Blast.

Anyway, about Songster (I guess...Song Master now), I'm one of his BIGGEST supporters and even found the contact info for Doug Howard (played Songter in the Power Tour). I really hope he doesn't win though. If he wins this, Mattel won't do him right. He requires too much new tooling. He needs an entirely new BUCK. He should be on the skinny buck that can be re-used for Lizard Man, MYP Prince Adam, Stanlan, etc. Songster is NOT a beefy character.

I'm also worried about how Ram-Man is made. His torso looks like the clothes are sculpted on: which means no buck re-use for King Ahgo (Troll King), General Tataran, Evil-Lyn's enemy (the fat magician guy), etc. Poor planning there.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 13, 2012 at 08:49pm.

I wrote a letter to Mattel explaining my displeasure with how unfair and unequal they are being. Not that it matters, really. Whenever someone makes a valid point about something Mattel is doing that isn't exactly up to snuff...it gets deleted or the person gets banned.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7&r=3581087567
    Companies take written letters more seriously. Not that they would take it seriously either way but you might have more of an impact mailing them a handwritten letter.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Companies take written letters more seriously. Not that they would take it seriously either way but you might have more of an impact mailing them a handwritten letter.
    I don't know where to mail the letter to, or I would mail the head haunchos at Mattel a letter.

I am completely over Rio-Blast.
    Thats just mean

I don't know where to mail the letter to, or I would mail the head haunchos at Mattel a letter.
    Go for it , if you really feel that strongly then do it. I know other people who have about various other lines and sometimes it works

http://corporate.mattel.com/contact-us/default.aspx
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Illumina!!!

I know Geldor will eventually get done there's no way they'd ignore him. Considering how they have played this game with Illumina let's get her done already!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Go for it , if you really feel that strongly then do it. I know other people who have about various other lines and sometimes it works

http://corporate.mattel.com/contact-us/default.aspx
    Thanks, Mark! Hopefully I don't get any black vans parking outside my house after I send them a letter.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Crash Landing Glenn - Really cool and a variant I would want! Love the Astronaut Marlena Filmation episodes.

Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn - Eh. Kinda cool but I don't really need another Evil-Lyn. Just throw a cloak in a Weapons Pak.

Geldor - Want! Cover of a mini comic that is burned in the brains of many of us! Cool, looking non variant/original character!

Mini-Comic Trap Jaw - Really cool variant that I REALLY want but is mostly a repaint. Still Frankenstein Trap Jaw is siiick. Love the 200x one!

Illumina - Meh. So overrated and overblown. Never cared for Illumina and dont understand the hype. Would win me over a bit if Glow in the Dark is applied!

Songster - I dunno. I never did the Power Tour thing as a kid so it doesn't really matter to me. If they made him I'd buy him though. Cool guy from the interview!

Camo Khan - A variant I could live without. Camouflage sploches on a Kobra Khan with Buzz Off hands....whatever. Maybe if I was from wherever it originally came out.

Mask of Power Demon - Would be really cool, but I'd want both! Should be a 2 pack! Rather have them then the expensive 3 pack we're getting.

Vote: Geldor!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I will probably put all my votes towards Illumina. I love Evil Lyn but I'm sorry, ANOTHER version just so a few people can get a more accurate but still not totally accurate 200x version is ridiculous. This is not the 200x line, and BG Evil-Lyn is close enough. I'm not a die-hard Illumina fan but I think of all the characters she is the best choice and I'd like to see all those who want her so badly get her.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Now THAT is stacking the deck. Matty, Scott, that just sucks of you to do that.
    Agreed. It sounds like the only new parts will be the head and weapon. I'm sure they could at least afford to give her a new tunic. Then they can reuse it down the road for C&D Evil-Lyn.

Anyway, i'm still voting for Illumina. This may be her one & only chance of getting made. The variants (Marlena,TJ, etc) are bound to happen sooner or later.