View Poll Results: Favourite 2012 SDCC Reveal?

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll
  • Castle Grayskullman

6 2.36%
  • Cy-Chop

2 0.79%
  • Deckker

2 0.79%
  • Eternos Palace King Randor

9 3.54%
  • Fang Man

14 5.51%
  • Fighting Foe Men!

19 7.48%
  • Granamyr

32 12.60%
  • Great Unrest Weapon Pak

2 0.79%
  • Jitsu

18 7.09%
  • King He-Man

8 3.15%
  • Mosquitor

4 1.57%
  • Netossa

45 17.72%
  • Possible fan slot choice!

0 0%
  • Procrustus

10 3.94%
  • Ram Man

72 28.35%
  • Ratlor

7 2.76%
  • Strobo

4 1.57%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favourite 2012 SDCC Reveal

Netossa. But she needs the BP She-Ra sword as a second accessory. And I hear the cape is made from the same stuff as Leech's disintigrating net, so we must make sure Scott has that changed.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I voted Netossa she is just stunning. I do agree she needs her sword and mask though. Now its time to see some of POP's big guns Glimmer, Castaspella, Queen Angella, and Madame Razz.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Wow, I didnt know people liked Netossa so much. More than some of those other figures on there?!
    Oh duhh nevermind. I figured it out. She's the only PoP figure that was revealed so every PoP fan first has to pick her. heh
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Oh duhh nevermind. I figured it out. She's the only PoP figure that was revealed so every PoP fan first has to pick her. heh
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, Count. My favorite by a landslide is Granamyr. He's so Filmationy! Filmation Randor is second, followed by Fang Man, Castle Grayskullman, and Rattlor. The rest are all blah to me.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Hard to pick one. I like several things equally (Ram Man, Foe Men, Jitsu, Granamyr)...but I'll vote for Ram Man just to counterbalance the PoP mafia's votes.

Does that threaten you? I'm pretty sure I know where your vote would have gone, had FILMation Marzo shown up.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, Count. My favorite by a landslide is Granamyr. He's so Filmationy! Filmation Randor is second, followed by Fang Man, Castle Grayskullman, and Rattlor. The rest are all blah to me.
    I like the way you think! Love the Filmation stuff and Granamyr was the the coolest thing I saw revealed by far!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Does that threaten you? I'm pretty sure I know where your vote would have gone, had FILMation Marzo shown up.
    No it doesn't...at all. It's just that Netossa is near the bottom of the PoP figures that I want. In fact, I wish there was MORE than just Netossa so PoP first fans had more of a choice than landsliding this vote for Netossa. I wanted Castaspella.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I like the way you think! Love the Filmation stuff and Granamyr was the the coolest thing I saw revealed by far!

No it doesn't...at all. It's just that Netossa is near the bottom of the PoP figures that I want. In fact, I wish there was MORE than just Netossa so PoP first fans had more of a choice than landsliding this vote for Netossa. I wanted Castaspella.
    Count, we should be Filmation buddies!
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Castaspella would be great she's overdue much like Glimmer and maybe Queen Angella. The thing is though amongst POP fans Netossa is actually a very popular character. She's very much near the top end of the majority of POP fans want lists.

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    Count, we should be Filmation buddies!
    Anyone that likes Filmation is my buddy instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Castaspella would be great she's overdue much like Glimmer and maybe Queen Angella. The thing is though amongst POP fans Netossa is actually a very popular character. She's very much near the top end of the majority of POP fans want lists.
    Why is Netossa very popular amongst PoP fans? There's like a dozen other characters that were either earlier/more well known in the vintage PoP line as well as many PoP characters that had plenty more camera time in the Filmation She-Ra series. Just looking at your Wish List in your sig, there's soooo many others I would have rather seen first. It doesn't matter though, as long as the line chugs along and we eventually get them all.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Why is Netossa very popular amongst PoP fans? There's like a dozen other characters that were either earlier/more well known in the vintage PoP line as well as many PoP characters that had plenty more camera time in the Filmation She-Ra series. Just looking at your Wish List in your sig, there's soooo many others I would have rather seen first. It doesn't matter though, as long as the line chugs along and we eventually get them all.
    Absolutely hopefully well get them all eventually and I hope we get a Filmation Marzo also

Netossa's popularity amongst POP fans is down to a few factors I think. Netossa appeared in 4 episodes of the She-Ra cartoon which was more than 10 of the characters on my want list which are: Sweet Bee, Perfuma, Spinnerella, Tallstar, Starla, Jewelstar, Huntara, Double Trouble, Clawdeen and Octavia. POP fans know who she is as she wasn't a throw away character to appeared in one or two eps and was never seen again. Another factor is her friendship with Spinnerella they were a duo and that made them a bit different to the other rebel girls. The vintage Netossa figure is also one of the most rare She-Ra figures, not as rare as Spinnerella but she's one of the most expensive to buy MOC. Netossa was also released in the last wave of She-Ra figures and along with Spinnerella they were the last two new Great Rebellion members released before the line ended which again gives them a special feel to them. Another factor with Netossa is that she's black and is the only non white member of the Great Rebellion this makes her completely unique amongst the POP girls both good and bad. Netossa's original figure is also considered by many POP fans to be one of the most beautiful and eye catching designs of all the POP girls. These are the main reasons I've read from fans over the years as to why they love Netossa so much and I think that's why POP fans are thrilled to have her.
    Last edited by Jubilation; July 14, 2012 at 05:41pm.

Netossa is actually my third most wanted PoP character, behind Mermista and Peekablue. Had either of them been revealed as well, this would have gone down much differently.
    Aaron

Ram Man by far.

The fact that he is oversized is awesome.

Why is Netossa very popular amongst PoP fans? There's like a dozen other characters that were either earlier/more well known in the vintage PoP line as well as many PoP characters that had plenty more camera time in the Filmation She-Ra series.
    Netossa is a visually striking character. Her classic toy is hands-down the most beautifully done of all the classic PoP toys. She's from that uber-hard-to-come-by 3rd wave of figures and has gone for quite a bit of money on ebay and probably also missing from a lot of fans' classic collections. Despite how she was portrayed in Filmation or her write-up on her cardback/mini-comic appearance, looking at her you can easily imagine her being a huntress/warrior character. Someone who's primary job is capturing foes in a net must be very skilled and able to physically dominate her opponents. It seems to me all this and more is why Netossa is a hotly anticipated character to introduce to the MOTUC line. There are improvements I'd like to see to her costume and I want another accessory for her, and honestly I'm more excited for the Fighting Foe Men, Cy-Chop, and Castle Grayskullman right now- but I can see why she's winning the poll so far!

I voted for Netossa because she bring some much-needed diversity to this toy line. And I'm not talking about her skin colour here, either. She's a different kind of look for MOTUC.

I also love Randor and Fang Man almost as much

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    the fighting foe men have excited me the most.
    I been looking forward to them for sometime.
    they look cool they have the nostalgia feel they are new they are preternia & they could be good or bad guys. that very cool.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Or some of us have always been very big Netossa fans.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

With Ram Man and Netossa taking the lead, I think it's safe to say 2013 is off to a solid start for MOTUC

NETOSSA!!!!!!!! My favorite POP character!!!! FINALLY! I just want her to get a repainted BP She-Ra sword and her headdress from the vintage figure. How are they raising prices and then totally ignoring the Two Accessories Rule????? NOT FAIR!!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Agreed. And you argued the point well in another thread. Her cape shouldn't count- nobody else's has thus far! I wouldn't mind so much if she came with just the cape and a brand new shield- but the shield is a repaint. They are going to get more use out of this figure's tooling with Peekablue. She should come with an additional weapon and some better paint apps!

Obviously KING HE-MAN for me. Can't wait for his release...........
    The New King of Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Absolutely hopefully well get them all eventually and I hope we get a Filmation Marzo also

Netossa's popularity amongst POP fans is down to a few factors I think. Netossa appeared in 4 episodes of the She-Ra cartoon which was more than 10 of the characters on my want list which are: Sweet Bee, Perfuma, Spinnerella, Tallstar, Starla, Jewelstar, Huntara, Double Trouble, Clawdeen and Octavia. POP fans know who she is as she wasn't a throw away character to appeared in one or two eps and was never seen again. Another factor is her friendship with Spinnerella they were a duo and that made them a bit different to the other rebel girls. The vintage Netossa figure is also one of the most rare She-Ra figures, not as rare as Spinnerella but she's one of the most expensive to buy MOC. Netossa was also released in the last wave of She-Ra figures and along with Spinnerella they were the last two new Great Rebellion members released before the line ended which again gives them a special feel to them. Another factor with Netossa is that she's black and is the only non white member of the Great Rebellion this makes her completely unique amongst the POP girls both good and bad. Netossa's original figure is also considered by many POP fans to be one of the most beautiful and eye catching designs of all the POP girls. These are the main reasons I've read from fans over the years as to why they love Netossa so much and I think that's why POP fans are thrilled to have her.
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Netossa is a visually striking character. Her classic toy is hands-down the most beautifully done of all the classic PoP toys. She's from that uber-hard-to-come-by 3rd wave of figures and has gone for quite a bit of money on ebay and probably also missing from a lot of fans' classic collections. Despite how she was portrayed in Filmation or her write-up on her cardback/mini-comic appearance, looking at her you can easily imagine her being a huntress/warrior character. Someone who's primary job is capturing foes in a net must be very skilled and able to physically dominate her opponents. It seems to me all this and more is why Netossa is a hotly anticipated character to introduce to the MOTUC line. There are improvements I'd like to see to her costume and I want another accessory for her, and honestly I'm more excited for the Fighting Foe Men, Cy-Chop, and Castle Grayskullman right now- but I can see why she's winning the poll so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    I voted for Netossa because she bring some much-needed diversity to this toy line. And I'm not talking about her skin colour here, either. She's a different kind of look for MOTUC.

I also love Randor and Fang Man almost as much
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Or some of us have always been very big Netossa fans.
    The more you know!

See, I love PoP too. Almost as much as MOTU but that's due to Filmation. I don't know as much about the vintage PoP toys as I only had a small handful of them as a kid. Netossa was one of the later ones that I probably never seen except in later episodes of She-Ra once in a while.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Widget
    Poll is incomplete, Price increase is not a option.
    I prefer my pop in a 12 ounce can.

Netossa!

But it's obvious by the spacing of the fans on her head that the headdress was meant to clip in there.

She's lacking pieces. And EVERYONE here and at sdcc has been saying so.

I asked Scott at the booth and he said, "Her cape is Ian accessory."

No. Sorry . Not at $25 / $27.

Give her the bubble power sword in blue like the original cross-sell art. Give her the headdress that was sculpted for her. It's obvious one was sculpted because the fans wouldn't be floating in mid-air around her face otherwise lol

She's my favorite followed by Procrustus, Cy-Chop, Fang Man, and Rattlor
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Her cape shouldn't count- nobody else's has thus far!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I asked Scott at the booth and he said, "Her cape is Ian accessory."

No. Sorry . Not at $25 / $27.
    They did this with Sy-Klone, when they tried to play off a piece of his armor as a weapon (which it is not). I can understand it to some degree in that case as he had a lot of tooling. But at least he had a unique shield, not another repainted weapon. Netossa got stiffed. And for the new price point, these figures better come loaded with stuff.