Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairness in the Factions

Fairness in the Factions

So with today's reveals, do you feel there is more of a change in the Fairness in the Factions?

We did get the obvious exclusion of NA but is this a better spread of the eras?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think this is one of the most unfair showings to date, to be honest. Now, I do like a lot of the characters, but we have ONE Princess of Power character for 2013 (no others in 2012 after Frosta) and ZERO New Adventures characters in the rest of 2012 or beginning of 2013. I believe Mattel thinks NA means N/A (not applicable).

Everything is 80's MOTU except for Dekker, Netossa and the new creation of "King He-Man" which does not look like King Adam from He-Ro: Son of He-Man. Throw us another PoP female like Sweet Bee or Glimmer and a PoP Filmation character like Scorpia, Sea Hawk or Vultak...and at LEAST one New Adventures character. I mean, really.

Also, I wish Rattlor wasn't coming out so soon after we get his body with the Snakemen two pack. He's awesome, but I mean...we're just getting those. Save him for later when he can be more special and shine on his own.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I'm a bit perplexed as to why they don't want to make more NA figures. If they want to limit them to just the cool ones, which is what they have been doing so far, then they need to make a few more including NA He-Man and Skeletor then call it quits with NA... This way they can focus on POP, which is getting a few here and there but not nearly as much a they should. I predict them putting out as much Filmation stuff as possible since the rights expire after a while. If they could move away from the concept figures and stop trying to expand the line with new figures, they could spread things out better.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a bit perplexed as to why they don't want to make more NA figures. If they want to limit them to just the cool ones, which is what they have been doing so far, then they need to make a few more including NA He-Man and Skeletor then call it quits with NA... This way they can focus on POP, which is getting a few here and there but not nearly as much a they should. I predict them putting out as much Filmation stuff as possible since the rights expire after a while. If they could move away from the concept figures and stop trying to expand the line with new figures, they could spread things out better.

Perhaps Power-Con will bring a bit more fairness for 2013. Would I have enjoyed seeing more POP and some NA? Absolutely, but I'm pretty happy with what we got.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

To be honest the showings today for me are bittersweet,

Fang Man is cool, Rattlor is cool, Ram-Man is of course cool. However it is becoming overwhelmingly obvious that the females are getting the **** end of the stick. There are so many to offer, and be adding in a no-account fighting foe women, it really makes fun of the rest of the POP, and filmation ladies we're not getting, and probably will not get. After Mekaneck, Jitsu and Ram-Man come out I believe there won't be as big a subscriber base as we have had. I believed Ram-Man was going to be the last dangling carrot for us but I have come to the conclusion that Mattel might believe MOTUC is a sinking ship and they want to satiate the fan base before it goes the way of the dodo.

On another note, which is both positive and negative, I love the Ram-Man sculpt, I really do, but what is really galling me is that, his head/face sculpt is a combo of mini-comic, animated and 200x, with and without helmet, but we still ended up getting a ridiculous looking clawful and buzz-off??? I don't get it.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    To be honest the showings today for me are bittersweet,

Fang Man is cool, Rattlor is cool, Ram-Man is of course cool. However it is becoming overwhelmingly obvious that the females are getting the **** end of the stick. There are so many to offer, and be adding in a no-account fighting foe women, it really makes fun of the rest of the POP, and filmation ladies we're not getting, and probably will not get.
    I like the FF Woman, but I tend to agree. I'm worried her spot in this pack will take away a PoP female or Filmation Female (Shokoti, Scorpia, Enchantress, etc.) from 2013. Mattel will just say "See? We gave you a female right there. Now, quit yer *****in!"
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm disappointed. Almost everything I've seen today looks amazing but I don't think they should all be coming out so soon.

Where are the New Adventures characters? Where are the members of the Great Rebellion?
    If they don't start making them soon the line will end before we get even half of them.

What's the deal with the Filmation licence? They've had it for over a year now, why aren't they taking advantage of it?

I would love to see at least one more NA (perhaps in the place of rattlor) and one more POP related figure. mainly because I think that NA figures are taking the best out of classics and Im always pretty exicted to find out if somethings out.
    I can understand that planning the line, with a lot of the fanbase not really into POP as much as they are with the other motu forms, is really difficult. the simple truth is that we are fine with matty releasing two vintage figures in three months and we're not with POP taking two slots over 5 months.
    I have to be honest: in the recently announced figures I can find just a place for one more new adventure figure, the other slots are pretty fine to me and well balanced, even if I know that the line deserves more pink/light blue/fucsia/gold colour schemes.

I'm sure we will see another POP and a NA figure before they halfway point of 2013. When all is said and done and we can see the entire year laid out it will probably look just fine. That being said, I agree that a NA figure should have been shown today. Only one Galactic Protector so far is pretty dismal. As for POP, 2-3 a year is fine with me if they all look as AMAZINGLY awesome as Netossa. She looks like she literally just walked out of a Filmation episode. Absolute perfection!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    What's the deal with the Filmation licence? They've had it for over a year now, why aren't they taking advantage of it?
    They just acquired it in 2011. Although they rushed Shadow Weaver to market in 2012, it takes a year to produce toys that we are just now seeing.

Fang Man, Filmation Randor, the Star Seed, the Time Window and Sword of the Ancients were all revealed today. And that's just the first quarter of the year! We have 3 quarters left to go.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Plus add Horde Prime to the list of FILMation characters.

As far as the question goes…I think what's been shown is a stunning line up personally. Yes NA is missing…but there's still 3/4 of a year that hasn't been shown. I have no doubt there'll be at least one, maybe two NA figures later next year.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Vintage first. Everything else is so much meat!

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    I was hoping for more PoP, myself. Or kill 2 birds with a Filmation PoP character like Scorpia, Octavia, etc...

You PoP fans gotta be happy for the new Great Rebellion stickers though!
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

i hope 2013 has a lot of good surprises for us. Look at 12 i mean they started off huge with Sorceress, Khan, and Fisto and we still got several of the most requested and demanded characters Spikor, Stinkor, Frosta, Rattlor, Mosquitor, Slush Head and the success that was Hoirde Prime none knew we wanted
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I was hoping for more PoP, myself. Or kill 2 birds with a Filmation PoP character like Scorpia, Octavia, etc...

You PoP fans gotta be happy for the new Great Rebellion stickers though!
    We will see a Filmation female Horde member in 2013 I am positive
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

It's shocking that NA is so drastically underepresented in this line. I thought we would definitely see at least one NA reveal today, but no.
    It's disappointing to me that concept and all-new characters vastly outweigh NA, especially when in my opinion every classicized NA char has looked awesome so far, but the new/concept stuff is extremely hit and miss.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think this is one of the most unfair showings to date, to be honest. Now, I do like a lot of the characters, but we have ONE Princess of Power character for 2013 (no others in 2012 after Frosta) and ZERO New Adventures characters in the rest of 2012 or beginning of 2013. I believe Mattel thinks NA means N/A (not applicable).

Everything is 80's MOTU except for Dekker, Netossa and the new creation of "King He-Man" which does not look like King Adam from He-Ro: Son of He-Man. Throw us another PoP female like Sweet Bee or Glimmer and a PoP Filmation character like Scorpia, Sea Hawk or Vultak...and at LEAST one New Adventures character. I mean, really.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. 1 POP figure and no NA?? Makes no sense if we were shooting for diversity this year. Hopefully powercon reveals will improve this.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

I was expecting to see at least one more Filmation character by now.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Plus add Horde Prime to the list of FILMation characters.
    Not so sure about that. If they didn't have the Filmation rights I bet he would have been released anyway, as Horde Supreme.

Not so sure about that. If they didn't have the Filmation rights I bet he would have been released anyway, as Horde Supreme.
    True, however, He WAS released as Horde Prime…with a helmet design inspired by the temple design that was in the FILMation toon.

I find the lack of POP and NA a bummer. I do love everything we were shown (except Randor, who I'm sort of lukewarm about) but to be honest I can see them going vintage heavy at the start. Heck, there are already people who don't think it's vintage heavy enough STILL!

So I can see them wanting to entice subscribers. I think NA and POP will feature heavily in the next quarter. So hopefully PowerCon will make many happier fans.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    True, however, He WAS released as Horde Prime…with a helmet design inspired by the temple design that was in the FILMation toon.
    Yes, inspired by, but not a direct copy of anything that was seen on screen. Without Filmation rights I'm sure he would have looked just the same.

(He's a great figure by the way, isn't he?)

Yes, inspired by, but not a direct copy of anything that was seen on screen. Without Filmation rights I'm sure he would have looked just the same.

(He's a great figure by the way, isn't he?)
    Yes he is a great figure! The hands are based off the FILMation design as well.

Willing to bet that a NA character will be in April, May, or June.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I think that when you look at the entire year it will seem pretty fair. They have to dump a lot of cool MOTU guys at the beginning to help sell the subs. I really like She-Ra, but we are now getting one of my least favorite girls. Nettossa, Sweet Bee, Perfuma, and Peak-a-Blue are fine for the POP doll line, but it the bigger context of Master of the Universe... they aren't warriors and Skeletor and Hordak would just destroy them.

There are less NA characters and less Females total, so there proportionality will be less of them compared to other figures each year. I totally understand that the fans of these characters want them before the line goes away. We shall see how that pans out.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Heroic Warrior
    Needs more POP. Needs Glimmer as a minimum! Especially, when most of her "unique" costume elements can be re-used for Queen Angella (who herself has sculpt elements that can be re-used for 200X Sorceress) and a female Bright Moon Guard.

Also needs more NA. As the quarterly A-List variants are being reduced/restructured, they should at least get fans NA He-Man and Skeletor.