Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fairness in the Factions

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I remember a long time ago, I posted here and asked if there are any real NA fans that only want NA figures. I never got a response. I think NA is great and it deserves a spot and need to be bolstered up. I think we are going to see more in 2013. We just need to wait and see.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I think those characters deserve their own releases and 3 packs should be used for concept or army builders or even Dree/Montork/Yukkers or a Kowl/Loo-kee/Imp 3 pack (although for 75 bucks they better be amazing with lots of extra goodies
    !

The problem there is that with concept and prototype figures... your always going ot be paying $75 for something most people DON'T WANT! Star sisters... Fighting Foe men... The kind of things that people riot over.

I don't really understand the 'deserves their own release' concept... A release is a release. In the old days we got 3 packs with He-man, Man E faces and Teela or something like that... Main character gift packs...

Why would people rather see the lesser property take up 3 monthly slots then just get them all at once?

I'd rather they use them to get a bunch of figures out quickly, rather than charge extra for characters we don't want.

Glimmer Angella, Razz (and broom).... Flogg, NA He-man, Other NA guy... Blade Saurod, Gwildor...

Characters are all cool... but they dont' NEED their own single card to look good on my shelf

I still feel the MOTUC line is a ticking timebomb... any year could be the last, so lets STOP with the concpet and 'expansion' figures... and lets get some BASICS out here!!!!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    The problem there is that with concept and prototype figures... your always going ot be paying $75 for something most people DON'T WANT! Star sisters... Fighting Foe men... The kind of things that people riot over.

I don't really understand the 'deserves their own release' concept... A release is a release. In the old days we got 3 packs with He-man, Man E faces and Teela or something like that... Main character gift packs...

Why would people rather see the lesser property take up 3 monthly slots then just get them all at once?

I'd rather they use them to get a bunch of figures out quickly, rather than charge extra for characters we don't want.

Glimmer Angella, Razz (and broom).... Flogg, NA He-man, Other NA guy... Blade Saurod, Gwildor...

Characters are all cool... but they dont' NEED their own single card to look good on my shelf

I still feel the MOTUC line is a ticking timebomb... any year could be the last, so lets STOP with the concpet and 'expansion' figures... and lets get some BASICS out here!!!!
    I agree. They should indeed slow down on the whole "concept and expansion" thing and give us characters that people really want: Glimmer, Angella, Hydron, Scorpia and many others are long overdue!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Has anyone run the numbers?

How many characters that we KNOW are left... vs. how many months it would take?

Just wondering how long the line would have left without any concern about 'expanding' the mythos?

Shooting from the hip, I'd guess at least 3-4 solid years...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592:3071266
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I think those characters deserve their own releases and 3 packs should be used for concept or army builders or even Dree/Montork/Yukkers or a Kowl/Loo-kee/Imp 3 pack (although for 75 bucks they better be amazing with lots of extra goodies
    !

I don't mind multi packs of certain figures. And I agree that they shouldn't be used to pawn off things no one wants...but that's what happens. Often in multipacks they'll throw in something no one wants with something desirable so youll still buy it. Example....filmation 3 pack with lord masque, shokoti, and crackers the clown. Or we get na scientists. That's what I see happening before we get saw glimmer, Angela, and madam razz. A movie pack would be fine with me but I know people have mentioned a second head for blade and don't think that would happen if they go that route. It seems they skimp on accessories in the 3packs.....at least they did with the star sisters. That's why I said if they do then load the accessories. I worry that even with the increased price they still will cut corners to keep the figures on schedule. One figure can delay the whole pack. Now instead of juggling one around they have 3 to juggle. I just don't want important figures rushed just to get them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I'd really like to get some Fuerza-T characters into the line. I know they'd take spots away from the other factions, but a lot of those guys are really cool.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Has anyone run the numbers?

How many characters that we KNOW are left... vs. how many months it would take?

Just wondering how long the line would have left without any concern about 'expanding' the mythos?

Shooting from the hip, I'd guess at least 3-4 solid years...
    We have 47 80's toyline characters left, not counting variants or Meteorbs:

7 Masters left
    5 Evil Warriors left
    5 Horde left
    3 Snake Men
    14 New Adventures
    13 Princess of Power

If Classics only made straight 80's figures, at 12 figures a year, that's four years, not counting concepts, mini-comic, MYP, Filmation or Jetlag characters.

However, it might not even take THAT long.

We don't know how Mattel might do the Rock People (a three pack of Stonedar, Rokkon and Granita), a SDCC exclusive 1987 characters 3 pack (Blade, Saurod and Gwildor), the Energy Zoids (Rotar and Twistoid) or little characters such as Kowl and Loo-Kee, which are counted among my POP character numbers. The Horde Troopers probably will be a multi-pack, so they might not count among those figure slots either. Modulok, Multi-Bot and Sagitar are deluxe figure slots for sure. Mantenna MIGHT stretch packaging boundaries if he has four separate legs, so we might be able to add him too.

That slices off more than a year's worth of characters using other SKUs, bringing it down to two years and possibly 10 or 11 months. If Mattel used their other SKUs to the fullest, we could be finished in just under three years.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 18, 2012 at 03:09pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Not to fight with ya, but the problem with saying "there's 13 Princess of Power characters left" is that it completely ignores the equally large number of terrific Filmation characters that deserved to be made back in the day, and certainly deserve to be made now.

So the number of years we're looking at is considerably greater.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Not to fight with ya, but the problem with saying "there's 13 Princess of Power characters left" is that it completely ignores the equally large number of terrific Filmation characters that deserved to be made back in the day, and certainly deserve to be made now.

Don´t get me wrong but FILMATION characters don´t have any problem into becoming MOTUC figures.

FILMATION is beloved and and i don´t know how often i read somewhere "...i don´t care for(fill in whatever toyline Princess of Power character)i have no nostalgia for her i want Strongarm as soon as possible..." or similar stuff.

Even if the FILMATION character only appeared in one episode there seem to be more FILMATION fans as there are toyline Princess of Power fans or maybe they are just the louder crowd

I'm not counting new characters from any of the cartoons, just the 80's toyline characters.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If Mattel used their other SKUs to the fullest, we could be finished in just under three years.
    I hate to say it, but I'd probably take this option if it was given. As much as I want the likes of Shokoti, Madame Razz, and Scorpia, I'd push them on a sword in a second if it guaranteed that all the vintage toy line characters were made. I'm sure I'm in an obscenely small minority on this though.

As much as I want the likes of Shokoti, Madame Razz, and Scorpia, I'd push them on a sword in a second if it guaranteed that all the vintage toy line characters were made.
    Well, you and I can't be friends then!

I'm sure I'm in an obscenely small minority on this though.
    You mean a minority of a minority of a minority...

Well, you and I can't be friends then!

You mean a minority of a minority of a minority...
    I'll just have to accept my pariah status.

I'm just too afraid of Mattel making random and nutty choices, then ending the line. Could you imagine the ultimate and final PoP line up on your toy shelf including the figures we have now with the addition of say Horde Inspector Darkney, Double Trouble, Sprocket, and Micah (with no Glimmer or Angella)? I would gladly take just the toy line-up if it meant avoiding even the possibility of a nightmare like that.

I'm so desperate for more POP figures and POP-related media, that I was even thinking of trying to raise money through Kickstarter. A lot of former contestants from The Voice have pages on there to try to raise money for musical projects and they're actually pulling in some serious $$$. That's what gave me the idea.

http://www.kickstarter.com/

Personally, if the line ended suddenly and we couldn't get all the vintage POP figures and repeat She-Ra cartoon characters, I'd rather receive Octavia, Scorpia and Imp for the first time and miss out on one or two vintage POP than have all the vintage POP and miss these three figures. However, I pray to the Goddess it never comes to this and fans keep buying and Mattel keep making these wonderful toys.

Re: the movie figures. I hadn't thought about the limitations of 2 Blade heads in a 3-pak. I would definitely want to display 2 loose Blades if he came with 2 heads (vintage toy and prototype) so it would be better for my budget if these guys were individually packed rather than as a 3-pak.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm so desperate for more POP figures and POP-related media, that I was even thinking of trying to raise money through Kickstarter. A lot of former contestants from The Voice have pages on there to try to raise money for musical projects and they're actually pulling in some serious $$$. That's what gave me the idea.

You want to fund POP figures through Kickstarter? I would speak to Toyguru about that. Seth Green DID fund Mo-Larr's tooling with his own money, so I guess it's possible.

Personally, if the line ended suddenly and we couldn't get all the vintage POP figures and repeat She-Ra cartoon characters, I'd rather receive Octavia, Scorpia and Imp for the first time and miss out on one or two vintage POP than have all the vintage POP and miss these three figures. However, I pray to the Goddess it never comes to this and fans keep buying and Mattel keep making these wonderful toys.
    Exactly. I'm the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You want to fund POP figures through Kickstarter? I would speak to Toyguru about that. Seth Green DID fund Mo-Larr's tooling with his own money, so I guess it's possible.
    My immediate thought is that Mattel probably wouldn't be too hot on the idea, because it would require them to divulge tooling costs and whatnot so we have a sense of how much money needs to be raised. Then there's the issue of Mattel possibly seeing such a campaign as putting the company in a negative light. - To attract support for the cause, I would have to explain how POP's anniversaries aren't being celebrated and so on.

Exactly. I'm the same.
    Well sure. You guys are picking the figures you want. But if you had to pick between A) The line going 3 more years and being guaranteed all the vintage figures but nothing else, or B) Rolling the dice and taking whatever arbitrary choices Mattel decides to make on PoP quantities and character selection for however long the line lasts (i.e. the current scenario), which one would you choose?

I'm sure a lot of folks would still choose B). I'm just getting to the point where I don't have much faith that the line is going to last long enough to get even most of the characters I want at the rate we're going.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

I guess Filmation variants needs that support too !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

There is still plenty of room for POP and NA, just take a look at this custom road map I made to see how long MOTUC can last:

2013:
    April: Hydron
    May: Snakeface
    June: Glimmer
    July: Lizard Man
    SDCC: Sons of He-Man and Skeletor
    August: Blade
    September: Sweet Bee, King Skeletor
    October: Flogg
    November: Sea Hawk
    December: Clamp Champ, Horde Trooper 2 Pack
    Breast Cancer Awarness: Pink Mini Comic Teela and Sorceress 2 Pack
    Non Sub: Oo-Larr
    Non Sub: NA Thunder Punch He-Man

2014:
    January: Hawke
    February: Kayo, Calix
    March: Tung Lashor
    Sub Exclusive: Fan Choice Figure
    April: Angella
    March: Dare (He-Ro Preternian Disguise)
    June: Lizorr, Stridor
    July: Pravhus
    SDCC: New Adventures Sorceress
    August: Ninjor
    September: Mermista, Evil Robot
    October: Rio Blast
    November: Lord Dactyus
    December: Eldor, Starburst She-Ra
    Traveling Exclusive: Caucasion Stratos
    Non-Sub: Horde Armor Hordak
    Non-Sub: Battle Blade Skeletor

2015:
    January: Stonedar
    February: Veena, Gladiator
    March: Octavia
    Sub Exclusive: Filmation Hordak w/Imp
    April: Eldor
    May: Flutterina
    June: Karatti, Battle Lion
    July: The Oracle
    SDCC: Darius
    August: Icer
    September: Two Bad, Avion Warrior 3 Pack
    October: Wind Raider Pilot
    November: MYP Concept Zodac
    December: Karak Nul, Shower Power Catra
    Traveling Exclusive: Mini Comic Prince Adam
    Non-Sub: Ice Armor He-Man

2016:
    January: Manteena
    February: Sssqeeze
    March: Castaspella, Sagitar
    Sub Exclusive: Snake Armor He-Man
    April: Rokkon
    May: Saurod
    June: Nocturna, Horde Invaders 3 Pack
    July: Huntara
    SDCC: Madame Razz and Broom
    August: Hoove
    September: Perfuma, Modulok
    October: Kex Queen
    November: Vizor
    December: Spinwit, Buzz Saw Hordak
    Traveling Exclusive: Vintage Toy She-Ra
    Non-Sub: Under Water Armor Man-At-Arms
    Non-Sub: Vintage Toy Catra

2017:
    January: Beast Lord
    February: Batros
    March: Dragstor, Flying Fist He-Man
    Sub Exclusive: Ultimate Battleground Queen Marlena
    April: Entrapa
    May: Staghorn
    June: Shokoti, Tataran
    July: Lodar
    SDCC: Dree-Elle and Montork 2 Pack
    August: Tuskador
    September: Mara, Terror Claws Skeletor
    October: Butthead
    November: Spinerella
    December: Future Man-E-Faces, Night Stalker
    Traveling Exclusive: Snake Teela
    Non-Sub: MYP King Hiss

2018:
    January: Artilla
    February: Filmation Female Rock Warrior
    March: Quake, New Adventures He-Man
    Sub Exclusive: Force Captain Adora
    April: Extendar
    May: Gwildor
    June: Rotar, Clawdeen
    July: Blast Attack
    SDCC: Matt Mason and Star Child
    August: Strongarm
    September: Enchantress, New Adventures Skeletor
    October: Double Trouble
    November: Colonel Blast
    December: Vultak, The One
    Traveling Exclusive: Horde Diguise He-Man
    Non Sub: MYP Sorceress
    Non Sub: Battle Punch He-Man

2019:
    January: Scorpia
    February: Filmation Tung Lashor
    March: Twistoid, Multi-Bot
    Sub Exclusive: Light Hope
    April: King Miro
    May: Crita
    June: Geldor, Scientist of Primus
    July: Lord Masque
    SDCC: Meterobs 6-Pack
    August: Ceratus
    September: Pinsore, Battleground Webstor
    October: Airbag
    November: Queen Andreeno
    December: Goat Man, Damon
    Traveling Exclusive and Can You Find Me on Matty Collector? Contest: Kowl and Loo Kee
    Oversized: Monstroid
    Non Sub: Disk of Doom Skeletor

My previous comments sound even better to me in light of recent events.... unfortunately...

Well sure. You guys are picking the figures you want. But if you had to pick between A) The line going 3 more years and being guaranteed all the vintage figures but nothing else, or B) Rolling the dice and taking whatever arbitrary choices Mattel decides to make on PoP quantities and character selection for however long the line lasts (i.e. the current scenario), which one would you choose?
    I honestly don't know.

My previous comments sound even better to me in light of recent events.... unfortunately...
    Please explain....

Any news about a new figures distribution??? I want more NA and POP.... I want Imp like NOW!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Well, the last round of reveals were as fair as can be. Let's hope that continues next week with the NYCC reveals. Fairness in the Factions indeed.