Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fairness in the Factions

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Where were these revealed?
    Look at Procrustus and Fang Man's accessories.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Look at Procrustus and Fang Man's accessories.
    Thanks! I'm behind on my SDCC news and haven't had a chance to really study all of the pics of the reveals.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I think we'll be seeing NA and at least one more PoP this year. There's what 8 slots left? Sure there's several vintage characters left, but I'm sure guys like Modulok and Multibot will be a future $30 slot, so that takes them out. Horde troopers will most likely be a $50 2 pack so they're out of the remaining vintage list too. I'd bet that the Horde figure this year will be a female filmation one too as Mantenna needs a lot of tooling so I think he might be held off for next year.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

The way things are going, MOTU Classics is going to turn into NA Classics in the end. Vintage MOTU is close to finishing groups and they have the largest figure count. The Snake Men are two figures away from being done. The 1982-1984 characters are all finished or coming to Classics.

I had a chilling thought a few months ago that perhaps NA fans might have to cut their losses by selecting a group of must have NA characters for fear that the line might not survive long enough to reach everyone in NA. I'm not gloom and dooming, but if it should come down to it, POP fans might sadly have to prepare for this eventuality as well and come up with an "Omega Plan" of characters that they want TG to reach before the power gets cut off. If there were characters that you could live without from NA and POP who would they be?

They just acquired it in 2011. Although they rushed Shadow Weaver to market in 2012, it takes a year to produce toys that we are just now seeing.

Fang Man, Filmation Randor, the Star Seed, the Time Window and Sword of the Ancients were all revealed today. And that's just the first quarter of the year! We have 3 quarters left to go.
    The accessory that comes with Fang Man is supposed to be called "The Wheel of Infinity" as it was called in the Filmation episode "The Time Corridor." Why is everyone calling it the "Time Corridor" or the "Time Window?" Where did that come from?"
    Last edited by csc0709; July 19, 2012 at 10:09am.

I'm so disappointed we didn't get a NA reveal at SDCC.
    I was so hoping for Darius, Scorpia, Eldor and Dactys and we didn't get any of them I'm still hopeful Dactys wont be long now that we have Dragomans wings to use.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I think I'm only discouraged by how long this means it'll take to get Horde Troopers and NA He-Man/Skeletor.
    I'm not worried about Horde Troopers as I think he'll be a single card release anyway just like the vintage one but I agree about NA He-Man and Skeletor(s)
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I was so hoping for Darius, Scorpia, Eldor and Dactys and we didn't get any of them
    Well, I thought Sea Hawk and Glimmer were in the bag for sure. Goes to show what I know!

If there were characters that you could live without from NA and POP who would they be?
    My answers here are going to be controversial (and probably in the minority), but I could live without Queen Angella and Castaspella. To me, there were very much background characters in the shows, but I'm probably the only one who feels that way. Plus, as figures I don't find them that exciting. I started buying She-Ra MOTUC figures in the hopes that we'd get to see new characters.

So if we can get Huntara, Sunder, Sea Hawk and Octavia....I'll gladly skip Angella, Casta, Sweet Bee and Perfuma.

This is a strange time to be a She-Ra fan. This sub-line really doesn't have a clear direction to it. It's neither purely vintage POP-focused nor Filmation focused, so there's no way to know which characters they'll favor. Lately it's been the POP stragglers like the Sisters and Netossa...but in Filmation style, and not toy style, which angers the POP fans.

I'm upset right now because I invested in this line hoping to see those four aforementioned new characters finally in plastic, but I'm almost 100% sure Mattel will favor Casta and the others instead...but possibly ignore their POP designs, and tick off the POP fans, thereby making the decision to favor them pretty tragic.

Of course a #1 Must-Have is Filmation Hordak with Imp. They have to make him. No question.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    I think we'll be seeing NA and at least one more PoP this year. There's what 8 slots left? Sure there's several vintage characters left, but I'm sure guys like Modulok and Multibot will be a future $30 slot, so that takes them out. Horde troopers will most likely be a $50 2 pack so they're out of the remaining vintage list too. I'd bet that the Horde figure this year will be a female filmation one too as Mantenna needs a lot of tooling so I think he might be held off for next year.
    After the reveal of Snake Face's shield there are 7 slots left.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    If there were characters that you could live without from NA and POP who would they be?
    As a PoP fan, if I absolutely had to pick three standard-sized characters that actually got toys in the original line, I'd probably choose Spinnerella, Double Trouble, and Entrapta to live without. Of course, I'd rather have those three than just about any non-PoP character at this point. Spinnerella especially.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think this is one of the most unfair showings to date, to be honest. Now, I do like a lot of the characters, but we have ONE Princess of Power character for 2013 (no others in 2012 after Frosta) and ZERO New Adventures characters in the rest of 2012 or beginning of 2013. I believe Mattel thinks NA means N/A (not applicable).

Everything is 80's MOTU except for Dekker, Netossa and the new creation of "King He-Man" which does not look like King Adam from He-Ro: Son of He-Man. Throw us another PoP female like Sweet Bee or Glimmer and a PoP Filmation character like Scorpia, Sea Hawk or Vultak...and at LEAST one New Adventures character. I mean, really.

Also, I wish Rattlor wasn't coming out so soon after we get his body with the Snakemen two pack. He's awesome, but I mean...we're just getting those. Save him for later when he can be more special and shine on his own.
    I have to totally agree with what you've stated.

This doesn't mean I am not happy with what we were shown, quite the opposite in fact, I LOVE the reveals! I am really excited for the remainder of 2012 and going into 2013, I am debating on whether or not to up my subs to three again....

The question of fairness in the factions, however, is an important one. Darkspecter is correct when he wrote this was one of the most unfair showings, especially if you are a PoP or NA fan. I was pretty upset when I raced to the Mattel Booth and found zero New Adventures representation.... nadda, zilch, nothing! Being a huge NA fan, all my hopes are resting with the remainder of the 2013 figures, I mean, come on, (other than Nocturna) they have to have another NA on the way right?

But other than the faction dispute, I am wholly pleased with what Mattel revealed at the show. Then again, it would be hard not to be excited when you're standing in front of RAM MAN and GRANAMYR!! One figure I've been eagerly anticipating and one that I've waited 30 years for!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I thought the reveals were pretty awesome. And EXTREMLY all encomapssing.

Filmation: Fangman + Randor

PoP Netossa

Vintage: Rattlor + Ram-man

Concept: Model drivers (Who double as Horde guys...), King He-man.

200x Dekker

Mini comic, Procrustus

and there were more... I haven't found a GOOD page that listed all the reveals in a row... but other than NA... Everything is covered.

I see a lot of arguments on here that are just annoying....

Why Netossa when we haven't gotten the 1st and 2nd series of PoP yet??? Why did we get Scareglow and Randor before the 8 and 12 backs? What's the difference there? At the time we all thougth it was awesome that such a rare and underused character got pushed up to 'A-List' like that....

Honestly, I never knew Netossa, but looking at the polls she was VERY popular and apparently very rare... Seems a good pick to me.

Randor doesn't count as Filmation!!! OF COURSE he counts... and seriously 'filmation' is a fallacy ANYWAY. Filmation = Styleguide... EVERY PoP character so far 'counts' as Filmation. If you could turn on the cartoon and now hold a toy of the same character design.... then it counts as filmation We've been getting filmation designs since Adora.

There aren't enough girls?!? Apparently NOT counting PoP Well.. they turned a model driver into a girl... So that seems to discount any bias there...

I see threads like this as 'I'm not happy, and feel the need to complain about SOMETHING... ANYTHING... regardless of realistic expectations..."

Honestly, I think if they had shown 6 PoP girls and SOMEONE on the internet would have shrugged his shoulders and said 'well... they're still not even!'

Honestly, I think SDCC is about selling subs first and foremost. Many fans have learned to tolerate and accept NA characters... but they are always the red headed stepchild of the MOTU, I'm fairly certain we'll see one... maybe 2 in the last 3 quarters... same for PoP. Showing Ram-man and Rattlor and Jitsu... they'll sell more subs. Doesn't meant that the REST of the year won't have more figures in it...

But really??? it's been what? 4 years?? Have we EVER had a SDCC MORE diverse than this one?

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I think this was EXTREMELY fair and balanced in regards to vintage, PoP, 200x, Filmation, and mini comic......but NA got short changed with nothing. However I wouldn't be suprised if NA sees a figure come April. As was mentioned in another thread we still have nothing for movie fans and 3 of those characters are available. Film fans have it the worst cause at least Mattel has the rights to everyone else's favorite characters and can make them. I've wanted a Karg forever and will probably never see him. Or Skeletor's army...talk about army builders. But there will never be equal enough distribution to please everyone that is selective. Personally I hope this year is extremely Filmation heavy and that we get a slew of new Filmation Characters like Shokoti, Masque, Batros, Imp, Hordak, Scorpia, Octavia and that for She-ra's 30th we get characters like Glimmer, Angella, Sea Hawk, and Madamm Razz. I also hope NA fans get at least Hydron and Flogg this year or next. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Have we EVER had a SDCC MORE diverse than this one?
    Yes, last year we got

1 NA - Icarius
    1 filmation - Shadow Weaver
    3 PoP - Bubble Power She-Ra, Swift Wind, Star Sisters
    1 vehicle - Wind Raider
    5 vintage - Snout Spout, Sorceress, Fisto, Kobra Kahn, Thunder Punch He-Man
    2 anniversary figs - Photog, Draego Man
    2 concept figs - Photog, Demo-Man
    1 200x - BG Evil-Lyn
    1 Mini-Comic - Temple of Darkness Sorceress

Oh... and in your list you are forgetting Mosquitor and Jitsu, both vintage

Outside of no NA reveal, i think they have it pretty much covered this year. I really hope the next figure revealed, whenever that may be, is NA.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Ugh. Vintage fans have got it so good. They can get away with splitting up the vintage line (film, Snake Men etc.) with no questions asked for the most part.

Honestly does it surprise people that we get more Vintage figures than anything else. We all know it's the driving force of MOTU. If people believe for 1 second that NA will get all their figures. I believe your heavily mistaken or completely delusional. Their will be NO NA Classics line. I can see at most and this is a long shot...NA getting 10 total figures(3 core heroes,3 core villains & He-Man/Skeletor). But I believe we'll see another NA figure next year. Who knows maybe more....Mattel knows what their doing when they do the SDCC reveals. Put the cream on top for people to buy. Then be forced to get more unwanted figures like NA for instance which is the least liked faction IMHO. Keeping it real. Cheers....

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Ugh. Vintage fans have got it so good. They can get away with splitting up the vintage line (film, Snake Men etc.) with no questions asked for the most part.
    Yeah, totally agree.

I see:

Motu: 12
    PoP: 1
    NA: 0

Or if you want to pull out King He-Man and call Son of He-Man it's own thing:

Son of He-Man: 1
    Motu: 11
    PoP : 1

That's even more embarrassing. That doesn't even take into account the fact that the fan choice character is a 100% chance of being Motu.

Don't get me wrong, this is a Motu toy line first and foremost and I love them, but with the entire vintage Motu line almost remade, this is the ratio we're going with? Seriously?

I see a lot of arguments on here that are just annoying....

Why Netossa when we haven't gotten the 1st and 2nd series of PoP yet??? Why did we get Scareglow and Randor before the 8 and 12 backs? What's the difference there? At the time we all thougth it was awesome that such a rare and underused character got pushed up to 'A-List' like that....
    The difference is there was never much of a chance that the 8 backs wouldn't get made. There is a very real possibility that we'll never get the entirety of PoP's first year wave. Let's not even talk about the second wave.

Heroic Warrior
    `

If it makes you feel better, I hate the MOTU 'faction splits' JUST as much as I hate PoP Hair splitting.

Especially when Filmation, Mini comics and Vintage ALL came out in the same years with the same toys...

200x at least has a couple decades seperating them into their own 'style'... Early MOTU doesn't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    Yeah, totally agree.

I see:

Motu: 12
    PoP: 1

Or if you want to pull out King He-Man and call Son of He-Man it's own thing:

Son of He-Man: 1
    Motu: 11
    PoP : 1

That's even more embarrassing. That doesn't even take into account the fact that the fan choice character is a 100% chance of being Motu.

Don't get me wrong, this is a Motu toy line first and foremost and I love them, but with the entire vintage Motu line almost remade, this is the ratio we're going with? Seriously?
    Well... that' always a difference in how you count figures too... Randor is still She-ra's dad... and her main enemy are the Horde.

And the horde made out WELL this year with the Fighting foe-men, Rattler, and Mosquitor...

It's splitting hairs and generally ONLY productive if you WANT to be unhappy.

let me first start by saying this... i am a huge NA fan...POP has really grown on me.. i love the star sisters and what we gotten ...the concept figures make me very happy because they are NEW but pay homage to the past....

Now ask yourself these questions
    1.if it were possible for POP to get its own sub like 30th did.. would you buy in...would you want 6 or 9 or 12 figures a year
    2.if there were a limit of minimum subs to pass it through (like Infinite earths) would you be ok with that
    3.if they raise the base price to make sure that they were done right because of the fewer numbers would you be ok with that ..if so how much would you pay 30, 35 , 40 bucks?
    4. the last is for fun.. would you trust mattel to keep their word if this were ever to go through...
    Last edited by gatchagrey; July 17, 2012 at 08:17pm.
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

I do think the reveals were less than fair.
    After this year being so Vintage MOTU heavy there should have only been one at most in the 2013 line up.

I was totally expecting to see more Filmation characters and not Fang Man, he was low on my list. He was chosen over Scorpia, Octavia, Shokoti, and Madame Razz simply because the 4H like him more. Thats just not cool. I have nothing against Fang Man but he does not nearly get mentioned by fans as much as Scorpia or Shokoti.

POP is lacking a few of it's major players yet MOTU is not. We should have seen Glimmer along side Netossa. I like that we go a lower string character but we need those heavy hitters too.

I'm not NA fan by any means but those who are got completely shafted.

I might be in the minority here but I feel that if any faction/era should have been left out the the reveals it should have been the "Masters" and Evil Warriors.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

With each Vintage character that's revealed, that's more characters out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Honestly does it surprise people that we get more Vintage figures than anything else. We all know it's the driving force of MOTU. If people believe for 1 second that NA will get all their figures. I believe your heavily mistaken or completely delusional. Their will be NO NA Classics line. I can see at most and this is a long shot...NA getting 10 total figures(3 core heroes,3 core villains & He-Man/Skeletor). But I believe we'll see another NA figure next year. Who knows maybe more....Mattel knows what their doing when they do the SDCC reveals. Put the cream on top for people to buy. Then be forced to get more unwanted figures like NA for instance which is the least liked faction IMHO. Keeping it real. Cheers....
    I think people are painfully aware of that fact, but it still doesn't make it easier for the diehard POP or 200X fans. Those fans get reminded of their place in the swing of things regularly and it creates animosity among fans when the Vintage fans go head-to-head with fans of other eras.

As for NA's chances, we're barely getting NA figures every year. Maybe those fans should start making their presence known like 200X and POP fans always do.

Evil Master of Fluffiness skullking's Avatar
    I realize it looks bad that there were no NA figs, and not much POP, but I think that is due in part to the fact that they are trying to show off more popular characters to sell more subs. Show off Ram Man, Jitsu, big names from the first line, Netossa, for some POP love, Fangman for some filmation love, and the fighting foe men to show that there was some really obscure stuff in there too. I would guess that there will be 'delays' here and there, and characters will move around, and we might get some of these guys like Jitsu later, and other characters earlier.

But who knows. I'm personally very happy with what they've shown at SDCC. I would hope that everyone would be satisfied, but to be perfectly honest, if they did a separate PoP sub, I wouldn't get it. I'd just buy the horde ladies day of, and leave it at that. I think a one year PoP sub would be a good idea though. In one year they could really get most of the essential characters out, I feel like you could leave any of the horde women to the regular line too, as most people would be happy to get them (both PoP fans, and Horde specific collectors).

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I'm hoping these 3 packs start getting put to good use....

Granted... I REALLY like the pilots one. MOSTLY because of the weapons! While I HAD the talon fighter model, I never paid ANY attention to the pilots.... but I REALLY love the old-school vehicles, and the weapons with these guys just sell them!

However from here on out... how about using them to fill things out a bit?

2014 Glimmer Angela Mermista

2015 NA He-man, NA Skeletor, Flogg

Things like that?

With each Vintage character that's revealed, that's more characters out of the way.

I think people are painfully aware of that fact, but it still doesn't make it easier for the diehard POP or 200X fans. Those fans get reminded of their place in the swing of things regularly and it creates animosity among fans when the Vintage fans go head-to-head with fans of other eras.

As for NA's chances, we're barely getting NA figures every year. Maybe those fans should start making their presence known like 200X and POP fans always do.
    Don't get me wrong MGM. I'm a HUGE diehard 200x fan and a casual POP fan. But I completely understand & know that I won't get all of my 200x figure wants. Hell we still don't even have an official 200x He-Man. I came into this Classics line in 2008 like most knowing FULL well that Vintage was top shelf. I'm absolutely happy about that. Everything else gets thrown in to try & make all fans happy. Which I guess at least this year isn't. It's the the 30th....what did people expect? No offense but figures like Peekablue & Butthead weren't a priority for this year. Heck I can't believe the SS's were made. Cheers to all MOTU eras.....

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Personally, I'm hoping these 3 packs start getting put to good use....

Granted... I REALLY like the pilots one. MOSTLY because of the weapons! While I HAD the talon fighter model, I never paid ANY attention to the pilots.... but I REALLY love the old-school vehicles, and the weapons with these guys just sell them!

However from here on out... how about using them to fill things out a bit?

2014 Glimmer Angela Mermista

2015 NA He-man, NA Skeletor, Flogg

Things like that?
    I think those characters deserve their own releases and 3 packs should be used for concept or army builders or even Dree/Montork/Yukkers or a Kowl/Loo-kee/Imp 3 pack (although for 75 bucks they better be amazing with lots of extra goodies

As far as 200x goes I'm happy with what we've got and hope the trend of extra heads and armor continues for options...even in a weapons pack. Love or hate the redesigns, it doesn't hurt to have more options. Granted the vast majority of us didn't grow up with the 200x versions but we can still appreciate them.

I have sympathy for PoP and NA fans as for many of you this was your childhood. Granted I think from Mattel's standpoint they seem to be footnoots in MOTU. I think that's where expectations of the fans seem to conflict with what is received. However, they could have forgone them completely or kept them seperate entities and they chose not too so I think it comes down to being patient and getting what we're given. You may not have to like it or agree, but it is what it is in the eyes of the decision makers. The only way that changes is when you hit them in the pocketbooks. But my question is do you think there are enough only PoP fans or only NA fans that it would make a dent? I doubt it. It seems most people are just fans of MOTU in general. So I don't see how the very vocal minority are going to effectively change things in the long run.

BTW I still say no more filler till we get gwildor....... Saurod and Blade must get made!.......viva la '87!