Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eternos Palace King Randor discussion thread

I'm super happy. I passed on the original Randor because this is the one I wanted. Battle action Randor (Vintage or MYP) takes away the importance of MAA, Teela, and He-Man that protect him/kingdom
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He'll go nicely with Queen Marlena, Adora, Adam and Cringer - all Filmation-like.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by rewkee View Post
    He is NOT unneeded. He is completely different to the vintage toy and he is exactly the way I want Randor to look. Perfection!
    "completely"? You might want to pull out a dictionary. The head is EXACTLY the same. Kinda kills your whole statement. Not thrilled about this guy, but stuck in the 2012 sub.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Filmation King Randor was my Adora-like totally "wow" moment. Completely unexpected and, for my part, completely welcome. At last, this is the King Randor that should have been in the first place; the vintage toy version was clearly just a cheap-out redesign of Filmation Randor, reusing Jitsu's armor instead of tooling the new (non-reusable) dress parts that were needed.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I was really disappointed in this one - particularly after Mattel said no filmation variants. (and considering we still haven't seen the 200x variant that was moved out to make room for shadow weaver...)

I personally think variants should be out of the sub. They are the only motuc figures that I am consistently disappointed that I am forced to buy them.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    "completely"? You might want to pull out a dictionary. The head is EXACTLY the same. Kinda kills your whole statement. Not thrilled about this guy, but stuck in the 2012 sub.
    Oookay, he is still Randor, all right.

Heroic Warrior
    If nothing else, he will go much better with Queen Marlena.

And he would make an excellent Burger King custom "the king".

I could've done without this Randor variant and lived a happy life. However, I do believe in finding bright spots in things. I will likey replace vintage randor with him because Randor 1.0's ankles are pretty weak. I will swap heads and give Randor 2.0 the 1.0 accessories (staff and sword) to make him seem more imposing, I'm not sure what I'll do with the goblet of krunk juice but it will be displayed somewhere.

I am happy for people who have finally gotten the King Henry VII...errrr....Throne Room Randor figure because he was wanted by some of those among us. Perhaps we will get a Champagne Room Marlena eventually to go with him
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Love this figure!!! much better then other variants in the past such as BA He-man, BA Skeletor, HH, PD He-man, SMAA and King He-man, well that's just MHO.

Let me first say he came out really great. Like, he looks AMAZING! However, I find this variant to be completely unnecessary- if I were getting a second Randor figure, I wanted it to be a Captain Randor to go with all of the mention of The Great Unrest, the Keldor figure, etc. This Randor is pretty much the same exact era as the Randor we already have, just with throne room wear instead of armor. He matches Queen Marlena for the Filmation fans, but honestly I think my Marlena figure looks great besides the previous MOTUC Randor... so... guess I'm getting this one for the new goblet?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

The figure was one of my most-wanted. VERY happy to get him! Now if only they'd do a white Captain Glenn . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    1st Filmation Variant !

This was one of my biggest wOw moments yesterday. No matter how people trash talk Filmation Randor, I Like Him...... I Love Him...... And I Am Gonna Get Him ! BTW, I'll get two via SUB !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm pretty happy with him. He wasn't necessarily one of my most wanted variants (like a Filmation Hordak would be), but he is still pretty cool, and it will be nice to have a cartoon-style Randor to stand next to Marlena.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I love him. This is what I wanted as a kid! Now we totally need a Batte Armor Marlena to accompany 1st Release Randor!
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Meh... worst reveal of the bunch.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    For me, Randor is a warrior, so I'll stick with my more warrior-like version.

A 200x style refresh would interest me, but not this one in the slightest.

The notion of a white hair repaint for a Mini-Comics version is clever, but not $30+ clever for me.

His look does not match the savage aesthetic I prefer. I don't like his tights and loafers. I will keep his cup for King Skeletor to drink the blood of his defeated enemies. I will chop up this Randor or sell him.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I like him. He looks just like the Filmation Randor, and this is good.

I reckon it's unlikely they'll ever re-issue the original Randor now so this should keep fans that weren't able to get the original figure, since they'll now be able to add Randor to their collection.

My original King Randor doesn't stand up at all, he's top heavy and he's the figure that falls down the most on my shelf, and he's currnently propped up by the wall at the back and looks kind of slumped. He looks drunk. I'm probably going to swap the sword we got with the original figure, and give the original the goblet of Eternian Mead, so he looks like he's been drinking!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

I think 200X Randor would have made a better choice than this. The figure just looks too plain and frankly I think the Randor we got previously looked better than this version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Never was a fan of the vintage toy Randor and was hoping we'd get the Filmation version down the line... this is now my most anticipated release for the remainder of this year, after Frosta is such a big let down. Cannot wait to pick him up!

I agree we also need Filmation Hordak! (I sold my original MOTUC Hordak in hopes of getting the Filmation version! So have my fingers crossed he's the $25 variant or SDCC exclusive next year)
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Vintage King Randor is awful. It's a gaudy color scheme and he reuses Jitsu's armor. It's just a terrible design, though the classics figure itself has no QC issues. Vintage Randor is as cheap, lazy, and creatively bankrupt as vintage yellow Evil Lyn.

Filmation Randor was always Randor to me.

Finally I will have a Randor figure, the current classics figure can go into the bottom of the storage bin to be forgotten and never displayed again.

I am VERY excited for this Randor. I was waiting for him patiently, and now Marlena will finally have her true companion!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Cool! And good to know I will have a figure for custom purposes... THIS will be my main Eandor in my canon! Yes I am a Filmation kid!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Well I'm happy for folks that wanted this guy! Not terribly excited myself, though I can already imagine a ton of jokes for him. As I always say: If I can't be excited about him, then I can certainly be excited about making jokes with him!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation Randor is pure awesomeness! He's the iconic version, and in my world, all figures should look as close to their Filmation counterparts as possible. If they did a Filmation-only sub, I'd buy it despite the huge price hike. Glad Randor is coming this year not next!
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.