Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eternos Palace King Randor discussion thread

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Hmmm...I could think of another Filmation variant that could maybe use his upper arm/shoulder pieces.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I love this version of Randor. He perfectly fits into my collection with the royal family. The first version will join his vintage counterparts where he belongs next to Sorceress and eventually Clamp Champ, since he was from the same wave. I place all the vintage figures together with members from their faction and in order of the year when they were released (except for Prince Adam & Orko, who belong more with the RF).

They really should have made a Captain Randor.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Hmmm...I could think of another Filmation variant that could maybe use his upper arm/shoulder pieces.
    I have no idea who that character could be

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    Filmation Randor is pure awesomeness! He's the iconic version, and in my world, all figures should look as close to their Filmation counterparts as possible. If they did a Filmation-only sub, I'd buy it despite the huge price hike. Glad Randor is coming this year not next!
    Bingo ! Spot On !! Exactly What I Feel !!!

I would have easily bought 2 Filmation Characters OR 4 Filmation Variant SUB in no time !

Mattel has lost my money, thats all I can say !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    I have to say that King Randor was my favorite reveal this time around. He's just absolutely perfect! The Filmation characters are definitely strong enough to carry their own subscription.

Variants don't interest me, so this will just be another space filler on the shelf.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

I love him! Can't wait to add him to my collection!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I do have admit that I like this Randor than earlier version. More fitting and finnally he fit well with Royal Family with Marlena, Adam, Adora and Gringer. But I don't like his golden goblet. I like him more have Sword like original Classics one. And I already have this staff from weapon pack. He was one big surprise for me when he was revealed at Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Haha your Filmation Marzo is looking more likely. I could seriously get behind the idea of a Filmation Marzo. Hope you get him soon!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    This was a total waste of quarterly slot IMO.

We already have 1 Randor, we didn't need another one this soon. They should have made another figure that was more deserving of a figure than stupid FILMation Randor.
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

I've been calling him Pimp Randor & King Randor the Pimpth and he's really beginning to grow on me.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I've been calling him Pimp Randor & King Randor the Pimpth and he's really beginning to grow on me.
    King Randor the Pimpth... is that King Randor V in shepherds' Anglo-Welsh?

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Boozehound Randor is cool! Cheers!
    I was going with "Drunk Randor, Heroic Drinker of the Royal Spirits", but Boozehound Randor works too!

I like him....don't love him, would have seriously preferred Filmation Hordak....but hey, I like him, and he's still $22 so I will get him.

Only Filmation things / figures I really want is
    Hordak
    MAA (I made a custom version I love, so if they don't make him, oh well)
    Mer-Man head / hands (only to replace the "Hi, how are you" 3 fingered hands, but not really Filmation, I just thought I'd mention it)
    Skeletor head
    He-Man head
    Power Sword
    Skeletor's Orb Axe

And for the now $27 I'll pass on everything else, even if I like it.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    No throne included???
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    He's now wearing the EXACT Burger King Mascot costume! Outer robe, inner "dress", slippers and ALL!
    Yeah, he looks just as much if not more like the Burger King now.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    It's fine with me, nice figure, but it totally blows TG's arguments/reasoning about Filmation variants out the window. According to him, Teela is not different enough to warrant a variant, but Randor was - and now that I see Randor, my suspicions were correct that there would be just as much difference between MOTUC Randor and a Filmation version as MOTUC Teela and a Filmation version.

This is one of my favourite reveals. Are people really saying he looks too similar to the battle-ready Randor we already go, when the likes of Snake Man-At-Arms was released last month?

This is the Randor to display next to his wife. The other one can lead his troops into battle. He may even be joined by King Miro before too long, who knows?

I have softened on this reveal a great deal. I realized he'll look great next to Marlena and Adora on my shelf. I still would have rather had MYP/Battle Armor MYP/Captain Randor first but I'm pretty happy with him now.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I have softened on this reveal a great deal. I realized he'll look great next to Marlena and Adora on my shelf. I still would have rather had MYP/Battle Armor MYP/Captain Randor first but I'm pretty happy with him now.
    It makes more sense to release this one first as we already have Marlena. I'm sure we'll get one of the above within the next couple of years, and who knows, we may have some other MYP figures to stand alongside him by then

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    It's fine with me, nice figure, but it totally blows TG's arguments/reasoning about Filmation variants out the window. According to him, Teela is not different enough to warrant a variant, but Randor was - and now that I see Randor, my suspicions were correct that there would be just as much difference between MOTUC Randor and a Filmation version as MOTUC Teela and a Filmation version.
    Nope. The source material for Teela predates filmation, and the cartoon strayed from her proper design. You chuck filmation Teela through the classics machine, out comes the Teela we have. Randor's history is much more shaky in this department--an 'old man' design, the younger filmation design, and the much-later vintage toy design. So I can see how they justified it.

That said it is still a bad figure, and I can't believe anyone ever wanted this or prefers it to the toy version, which has the same colour scheme but better clothes. I think it's funny how filmation fans are even disappointed

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Nope. The source material for Teela predates filmation, and the cartoon strayed from her proper design. You chuck filmation Teela through the classics machine, out comes the Teela we have. Randor's history is much more shaky in this department--an 'old man' design, the younger filmation design, and the much-later vintage toy design. So I can see how they justified it.

That said it is still a bad figure, and I can't believe anyone ever wanted this or prefers it to the toy version, which has the same colour scheme but better clothes. I think it's funny how filmation fans are even disappointed
    Basically, I was commenting that if you stand this figure next to the "vintage" style one we already have in MOTUC, one can point out a few differences, just like I could if they did a classicized version of Teela.

It's not about the histories, but the actual differences in designs.

Basically, TG has said that MOTUC Randor would be different enough than Filmation Randor to justify a variant, but Teela was not. To me, MOTUC Teela would need about the same level of tweaks (new head, different paint app, new accessory or two). I'd also like the slightly different collar, but I'd live with just the Filmation head and new paint).

Hopefully now we will get a real Prince Adam release done in Filmation colors, with a Filmation He-Man head.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Love this Randor. He'll look great with Marlena.