Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eternos Palace King Randor discussion thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Hopefully now we will get a real Prince Adam release done in Filmation colors, with a Filmation He-Man head.
    And a blue coat, too - I am not huge into mini-comic, but it seems easy and I really like the look.

Yes, this was one of the highlights of today for me. I love that he has a goblet and it's full! He looks a little less Burger Kingish as well. Marlena will just look SO much better next to this version, and the original King Randor can move out onto the battlefield in my display where he belongs.
    I agree 100% This is a fantastic refresh of the Randor character. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Filmation characters after Fang-Man show up in 2013

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    this is great!
    I still want a captain randor for his early adventures.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

I'm thrilled! He's a suitable second Filmation character, IMO. Shadow Weaver was an obvious first - Filmation King Randor appeared in many He-Man episodes and deserves recognition.

Can't wait to get him (and will be selling my other one!).

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    King Randor the Pimpth... is that King Randor V in shepherds' Anglo-Welsh?
    I had to look up what shepherd's Anglo-Welsh was, and as it turns out it is Randor V in that lexicon. However, it is not the angle I was working with King Randor the Pimpth.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    This is actually one of my favorite reveals--I'm so much more excited for him than the likes of the Fighting Foe Men (and Woman)! Finally, Marlena's 'true' king will stand at her side, while the previous version we got will join the variants. I also love the goblet (though it does make him look like a bit of a drunkard), but wish they'd included other Filmation-related accessories rather than another golden spear--perhaps the Diamond Ray or a rolled-up map or something.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

So far I only like his chalice accessory, spear not fit him at all, previous staff was much better, whole vintage version of this figure was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Teitan View Post
    So far I only like his chalice accessory, spear not fit him at all, previous staff was much better, whole vintage version of this figure was much better.
    Fortunately, the spear's a simple enough thing to switch--Eternos Palace King Randor will get the staff that the first figure had, and the first Randor will get the golden spear...and promptly be moved over to my variant shelf!

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe I'm wrong, but, I don't think the spear is gold... It looks yellow as does the goblet and his crown for that matter.

Heroic Warrior
    Now that we have the chalice, we need a giant chicken/turkey leg for Beast Man!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but, I don't think the spear is gold... It looks yellow as does the goblet and his crown for that matter.
    It does, but I think that has something to do with the paint they use for the pieces the 4H create--I was furious last year because Queen Marlena's was the same color yellow in the preview images we got, but in real life it matches the first Randor's perfectly. So, I have hopes for this one too.

Dark Legacies

Zoar28, Facebook

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    I love this version of King Randor! I think he looks great. I like the other version too but I've been waiting for this figure for a long time. He will complete my Eternian Royal Family, finally. He is just one of many great reveals.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

I am very happy with this figure. It makes for a great a-list varriant and it is long enough since the vintage figure was released for it not to seem like an overload. I hope we see a Young Filmation Randor, MYP Captain Randor, MYP King Randor, MYP Battle Armor Randor, and mini comic design if the line lasts to 2021-2022. I do think they need to spread far-apart though, to ensure the line still feels diverse.
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

...anyone else hearing that Filmation "panorama shot of the royal palace" music when lookin at him... or is it just me having flashbacks? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ...anyone else hearing that Filmation "panorama shot of the royal palace" music when lookin at him... or is it just me having flashbacks? lol
    I did as well.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't plan to buy a Randor variant (except Captain Randor), but I might consider buying this one... if there's no flaw, that is.

For me, this Randor is one of those figures I didn't realize I wanted until I saw the figure. I didn't think that Filmation Randor would translate well into the MOTUC line but I shouldn't have underestimated the 4H.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    This is the Randor to display next to his wife. The other one can lead his troops into battle.
    This sums up my thoughts.

Hopefully now we will get a real Prince Adam release done in Filmation colors, with a Filmation He-Man head.
    If his ankles turn out to be really tight, then I would support this figure. Of all the figures I have with loose ankles, Prince Adam is the one which disappoints me the most.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

He looks neat, and I am glad the die hard Filmation fans are getting him, but he was the least interesting reveal for me. I was expecting another Filmation character that might not have been produced before or even a 30th Anniversary Filmation accurate He-Man figure before an Eternos Palace Randor.

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Randor is a nice looking figure, but I have to jump into the unnecessary camp. I would have much rather had a young Captain Randor figure, as he fits better into the Great Unrest timeline along with Keldor and Count Marszo.

Still, as an unwarranted variant, Mattel did a good job with him. He doesn't feel barebones like Snake MAA. The goblet is a nice accessory and the sleeves and robe will certainly open up some other characters to be more easily produced in the future. I'll probably put this figure on my royal family shelf and place the vintage Randor on my Heroic Warriors shelf.

Honestly, though, this figure makes me kind of glad the variant slot is pretty much gone for next year.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Now that we have the chalice, we need a giant chicken/turkey leg for Beast Man!
    Great idea! And we have Wundar's bread loaf to complete a balanced meal!

I am exceedingly pleased with this; this is the REAL Randor to me. The vintage figure was cobbled together from existing parts and was a very poor approximation of the king as he appeared every day on the show. This is the figure I always wished they had made in the old days, and now we finalyy have him. I will be switching the weapons out as others have mentioned, giving toy Randor the spear. And there's still room down the road for a 2002 version; Randor is definitely an a-lister, and, even with the quarterly variants apparently defunct, I don't think they'd have a hard time justifying a third version.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I have to admit that I think this variant was probably unnecessary, but I do like the way he came out. He looks great!

I would have much rather preferred a Filmation Hordak, Clawful, Evil Lyn, or Mer Man before this particular variant.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Count me in for being happy to see this version of Randor. The second I saw him I thought, now that is King Randor. I can't wait to get him!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Very happy with this figure, especially as I didn't think I'd ever see him made. This will become the default Randor when he arrives.

And I don't see any reason why a 'Battleground Randor'/200X version wouldn't also make sense down the road.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

King Randor=Filmation yes. Awesomeness all the way. To some people this isn't the Variant. It's the first King Randor look I knew of as a kid. Exciting.....

Snappy Threader
    I have been waiting for years to get this version. Almost 27 years to be precise.