Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Eternos Palace King Randor discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    I personally think variants should be out of the sub. They are the only motuc figures that I am consistently disappointed that I am forced to buy them.
    I agree 100% looking to sell my Dragon Blaster Skeletor and Palace Randor still trying to sell off my Hurricane Hordak

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Yeah, I could totally live without variants altogether. The only variants I care about is when they do a character how they should've been done in the first place (She-ra 2.0), or when they do a totally different interpretation of a character and it's actually the version I prefer (BG Evil Lyn). The latter is the case for me with this Randor. THIS is my Randor. So for someone who doesn't really like variants anway, this is one of the best ones for me.

Some of my more favorite characters were the variants....BA He-Man & TP He-Man for example. And the vintage variants are fine, and possibly the incarnations of NA & 200X versions of the main 2 guys....but we don't need endless "Snake Armor" and "Snake" this and that, or even the seemingly hundreds of He-Man 200X variants, but God forbid I know there are people that want them.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Personally I would have preferred any of the three MYP versions before this, but the figure looks good (except for maybe the slippers ) and I'm happy for the people who have wanted this version since they were kids. The best thing about this figure is getting the vintage spear with him as I didn't get the weapons pak with it
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I am over the moon about this figure! Even though he may not be the coolest reveal, I think he is my favorite because he is SUCH a surprise. I mean, we knew if this line kept going we'd eventually get figures like Ram Man and Jitsu, but I just kinda figured that the Randor we already got "would be our Filmation Randor, people." cuz that's how they did it in the vintage days, and this line follows what they did in the vintage days a little too closely sometimes.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I really dig him. He just makes me wish that Queen Marlena could have gotten her puffy sleeves too.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Randor's "cup" question.

So just a question, got my Eternos Palace Randor today... does everyone else's cup look like it is full of pudding? lol

I mean don't get me wrong, I totally want a golden pimp cup full of pudding... but it is so far from a liquid look, that I don't understand what they were going for. If they had gold vacced a transparent plastic, it might have worked better.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Yeah, a bit too much on the ripple effect. Needed to be semi-translucent.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

yeah no kidding about the ripple effect He-Manis007, it looks like someone jammed a Werther's Original in that thing! lol
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    My wife saw it and also thought it looked like chocolate pudding. Maybe pudding wine is a delicacy in Eternia?

I don't know, but I hope we get a metallic silver victors cup in the weapons pack for He-Man (or Queen Marlena)....
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

i thought that was Trollan poo.

Quote Originally Posted by brianknott View Post
    i thought that was Trollan poo.
    LOL

Thick, heavy, Eternian Choco-booze. It makes Earth's hillbilly moonshine look and taste like watered down grape Kool-Aid.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

See....from the title of the thread I was thinking a totally different cup....

I think it's alright, yeah, it looks odd, but who knows, maybe it's supposed to look like Randor has had a bit too much, and the cup was getting wavy.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    He`s still on mattycollector, wonder how well would he sold if he wouldn`t be part of the sub...

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I am over the moon about this figure! Even though he may not be the coolest reveal, I think he is my favorite because he is SUCH a surprise. I mean, we knew if this line kept going we'd eventually get figures like Ram Man and Jitsu, but I just kinda figured that the Randor we already got "would be our Filmation Randor, people." cuz that's how they did it in the vintage days, and this line follows what they did in the vintage days a little too closely sometimes.
    I completely agree with you! This figure was a total surprise and a wonderful gift to those of us who have waited for 20 years!

I say keep the Filmation inspiration rollin' !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Thick, heavy, Eternian Choco-booze. It makes Earth's hillbilly moonshine look and taste like watered down grape Kool-Aid.
    Lol! I wanna get me sum-o-that delicacy!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I just got my EP King Randor today, and BOY am I underwhelmed.

Whenever fans have been asking for Filmation variants of He-Man or Skeletor, the reply usually was "Nope, weīre not going to add cartoony figures to the MOTUC lineup."
    Now they did. And what a waste of SKU in my oppinion... While it isnīt the overall look (I do admit I would have prefered any other Randor-variant over this one though), itīs the execution of this figure.

1) No details. I mean, really. NO details. Look at that belt. It looks like a third-rate customizer rolled some sculpey to a tube, pressed it flat and applied it to the waist. Thereīs no texture, no studs, no anything. HKC could do it better than this.
    2) A fully undetailed piece of sculpey leftovers for an amulet. This kind of stuff happens when I am not fast enough to use all my sculpey and it turns hard before I could make anything useful with it. And it even swings free in all the wrong places, if it werenīt attached to the body with a clear rubber string.
    3) And donīt get me started on the attire.
    4) What couldnīt technically be done in the cartoon - giving shiny golden objects a shiny golden color - is put to a sad extend here. They had to use yellow in the cartoon because technically it was just impossible for Filmation to use gold as a color. And see what we got with a threedimensional actionfigure? Yellow. To mimick the technical disadvantage of old days cartoons. Even though it was yellow in the cartoon doesnīt mean it was MEANT to be yellow.
    5) And here comes "design" (or the lack of...). Randor cannot sit. Heīs the Eternos Palace King that cannot sit on a throne. Why? Because the sturdy skirt limits his leg movement in a way that reduces him to a staction. With She-Ra we had to buy Bubble Power She-Ra, to make up for this design flaw. I cannot wait for the next Filmation-Randor variant. Maybe heīs called "Throneroom King Randor" then?
    Furthermore, thereīs no swivel at the biceps any more. Which, in addition to the crazy large puff sleeve, basically limits his arm movement to a simple up and down.
    After Terry left the design department, I have yet to hear a single good word on Rubenīs decissions. He appears to be in the wrong place, IMHO.
    6) Accessories. Nice to get the "golden" spear that due to the wrong color doesnīt match the first King Randor (who is the version that should have gotten the spear, with him being the MOTUC version of his vintage pendant). And is rather useless for this version of Randor. I donīt remember him fighting inside the palace with a spear a lot in the Filmation cartoon. In fact, I donīt remember him fighting AT ALL in the Filmation cartoon. If I think of Randor, I see him sitting on his throne, sitting at the dining table, standing at the dining table waiting for Adam, or running away. But at least the goblet kinda blends in with this vision of Randor.
    With the goblet, the bedroom slippers and the bathrobe, from now on I wonīt call him "Eternos Palace" King Randor, but "Eternos Taverns Randor, king of the bums".

Really, words cannot express how deeply underwhelmed I am with this figure. I am glad for all you Filmation fans that waited 29 years for this variant. But I find it very sad I had to be part of fulfilling your dream. Sounds egoistic? Well, yeah. It is. Sue me.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Randor did fight in the Filmation cartoon. He used a heavy mace to bash heads in and break stuff.

I have both Randors and am happy with both of them. I think Battle Randor is a bit loose in the joints and Eternos Randor could have a bit more detail but at least he doesn't look so "I'm off to war, woman, you take care of teh babbies" next to dress Marlena. Captain Glenn looks good next to Battle Armor Randor. Marlena in her dress looks fab next to Eternos Randor. Perfect matches and I think they're awesome.

Far as Eternos Randor sitting, I'm working on a fix similar to what worked with 1ed She-Ra far as posing. I'm not sure why their skirting wasn't made as flexible as, say, the Star Sisters' crotchbits. It seems counter-intuitive in the extreme especially since She-Ra can't seat her horse without modification.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wow, Randor is still available. He is an absolute failure.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Wow, Randor is still available. He is an absolute failure.
    And I always thought Adam was the one considered as the failure in the royal family?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post
    Yeah, a bit too much on the ripple effect. Needed to be semi-translucent.
    They are impact tremors; both Granamyr and Ram Man are coming, and this signals their approach. That or a T-Rex is loose in Eternos...

He's just about perfect, but once you get him in hand you see just how much he really needed a simple cut/swivel in the upper arm. You can't really put the arms down straight with MOTUC guys (which is not unrealistic; a lot of bodybuilders have the same problem, from what I've seen), and being able to turn the arms allows for more natural posing. It really makes it hard even posing him in a fairly static position if you don't want both arms bent at the elbow.

Other than that, he is the Randor I've waited for since '82, and he completes the royal family as they should be.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    4) What couldnīt technically be done in the cartoon - giving shiny golden objects a shiny golden color - is put to a sad extend here. They had to use yellow in the cartoon because technically it was just impossible for Filmation to use gold as a color. And see what we got with a threedimensional actionfigure? Yellow. To mimick the technical disadvantage of old days cartoons. Even though it was yellow in the cartoon doesnīt mean it was MEANT to be yellow.
    See, the bolded words are exactly why I'm not a fan of Filmation designs. The whole idea of this toyline is to add detail and update some of the older figures. Yeah, they're recreations of the originals, but they have WAY more detail than the originals, in many cases. So when it comes to a Filmation look, we get...the least amount of detail possible? Why? Just like you said: To mimick the technical disadvantage of the old catroon. I don't see how that's appealing, and it's really lowering the potential of the PoP figures, especially. Figures that otherwise would be full of interesting detail get plain and smooth clothes because it was just simpler to draw for the cartoon.

Would people REALLY be against it if Filmation Randor would have had some detail on his belt? Maybe a regal trim around the coat? Something etched into his medalion? A gold color to match the previous Randor? I don't think we would have had complaints, and I honestly think we would have had more people on board with this goofy sucker if they had just done something other than recreate a design that was only dumbed down because of the limitations of the time.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I don't normally like variants but I love the Filmation Randor. I would be happy for all variants to be out of the sub though. Still trying to sell that damn snake man at arms.
    I agree about the yellow. Would have looked so much better in gold. Might have to paint it myself.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Looks like he finally sold out!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com