Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 151 to 169 of 169

Thread: Eternos Palace King Randor discussion thread

  1. #151
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    4) What couldnīt technically be done in the cartoon - giving shiny golden objects a shiny golden color - is put to a sad extend here. They had to use yellow in the cartoon because technically it was just impossible for Filmation to use gold as a color. And see what we got with a threedimensional actionfigure? Yellow. To mimick the technical disadvantage of old days cartoons. Even though it was yellow in the cartoon doesnīt mean it was MEANT to be yellow.
    But it's just like the Filmation cartoon, limitations and all!!!

    Now bring on Filmation He-Man with more simplistic belt and bracers!



    Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    I'm sure this may have been mentioned before, but I can see someone using this body for a Filmation Count Marzo custom.
    Yeah, those crappy upper arms would work for his puffy sleeves. That said, I sure hope any ideas of an official Filmation based Count Marzo figure remain ideas. That character was a little too interested in children for my taste!
    Last edited by MasterCollector; December 5, 2012 at 05:16pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  2. #152
    I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,496
    No matter how many people trash talk Filmation Randor, He Is AWESOME in my book !

    Yeah, too bad he lost biceps articulation & the yellow paint scheme is not a smart move either. But I blame Mattel / 4HM for that. Not Randor !

    BTW, I still want my Filmation Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Teela, He-Man ETC !!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

    MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

  3. #153
    Heroic Warrior snakeeyes0217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Fang Man is a nice interpretation, and as I said Randor yes, could have been a little better. And no, not directly aimed at you. Horde Prime was a huge hand, and a black and red outline, which the MOTUC figure was based on, mostly the helmet & shoulders of the cape, but still Filmation based.

    And the accessory comment wasn't towards you at all, but directed towards a general consensus that everything must be extremely detailed, Randor didn't wear studded and bedazzled up attire in the cartoon, therefore he didn't need it as a figure. And I wear belts too, just not everyday. A King really doesn't need fancy things everyday in order to sit on his throne with family....Now as far as a Royal look and bedazzling, that is what the Vintage Randor is for. Only the fact he'd have a fancy robe under his cape instead of armor. Granted Randor looks more to fit in with fast food nowadays, but Burger King didn't use that mascot back in the 80's, and Who's to say they didn't steal the idea from Filmation anyway.

    But no, I was more directing comments at all those who are against anything Filmation, no matter who or what it is. But yet, don't complain about something they may like, then the world ends. One thing is, I will directly quote anyone who I am directing anything to, except to be sarcastic....I wasn't aiming at you. Honestly I really didn't read your posts enough to rebut.
    Why would anyone ever complain about something that they like? "...the world ends?"

    Speaking only for myself, I am 100% against Filmation styling being included in Classics but I don't hate Filmation. In fact, I've watched many hours of it in the past and own many of the DVDs. I treat each MOTUC figure with an open mind, but if it falls under that Filmation aesthetic, I'm probably not going to dig it and I'm not going to keep quiet about not liking it.

  4. #154
    I am Tri-Klops! Vahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    ... A King really doesn't need fancy things everyday in order to sit on his throne with family.....
    Have you seen the kind of stupid **** real kings wear?



    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    ... but Burger King didn't use that mascot back in the 80's, and Who's to say they didn't steal the idea from Filmation anyway....
    Incorrect. They've used that mascot (different incarnations of him) for many decades. Here's an example from 1978:

    Last edited by Vahn; December 5, 2012 at 06:08pm.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

  5. #155
    Heroic Warrior RyDell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,917
    He is the only MOTUC that is still in the package that I have... no real desire for him, but... I understand that people wanted him so that's cool. Every figure isn't going to be on my all time favorite list, that's the draw back of the sub. but as he is the ONLY figure I have not taken out, I really haven't been burned too often.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

  6. #156
    Heroic Warrior snakeeyes0217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Have you seen the kind of stupid **** real kings wear?

    Word!

  7. #157
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Have you seen the kind of stupid **** real kings wear?

    http://www.luminarium.org/renlit/henry81540c.jpg



    Incorrect. They've used that mascot (different incarnations of him) for many decades. Here's an example from 1978:
    And like I said, a real king doesn't need all of that BS. I didn't say a vain King did I, Randor doesn't seem to be a vain,
    King, more a King of the people, unlike jackass there who had beheading issues.

    Also Randor doesn't need a herd of cattle and other animals just for one robe.

    The head of the modern 2012 BK dude looks a lot like Randor, more so than the clothes.

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Why would anyone ever complain about something that they like? "...the world ends?"

    Speaking only for myself, I am 100% against Filmation styling being included in Classics but I don't hate Filmation. In fact, I've watched many hours of it in the past and own many of the DVDs. I treat each MOTUC figure with an open mind, but if it falls under that Filmation aesthetic, I'm probably not going to dig it and I'm not going to keep quiet about not liking it.
    You completely missed what I said....

    "I was more directing comments at all those who are against anything Filmation, no matter who or what it is."

    Someone who complains about all Filmation figures, and downs them all simply because they are Filmation.....

    "But yet, don't complain about something they may like, then the world ends."

    But God forbid someone complains about a figure or line the one who dislikes Filmation likes, then the world ends....get my meaning now?

    Filmation figures are coming....slowly and not before the Vintage, but, they will come. Like I said, I don't like the 200X or NA figures aside from Keldor,
    but I don't see need to say they suck for the sake of doing so, I just don't buy them and move on, and I do see the need or want for them in the line....
    But whatever to each their own I guess.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  8. #158
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Don't care what anyone says Filmation Randor was my favorite figure of November.
    Right there with you!

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Nope, not gonna happen....
    ......never-ever...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

  9. #159
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Right there with you!



    ......never-ever...
    Kind of hard to get over something when it's your origin and introduction into MOTU....some of us could care less for the colorful pieces of paper that came with the figures....I guess people assume everyone cares about comic books....I've never been a comic book reader, never will be, if Mattel relied on the toys and mini comics to hook me, I would have lost interest in MOTU after owning a few figures. Once the Filmation MOTU came on, that changed everything, I learned about He-Man and then took notice of the toys in the aisle, because I recognized them, and related to them because hey, I saw that guy on TV....not some tiny ass mini book that came with a plastic toy I never heard of before.

    If not for TV I never would have gotten so into a lot of toys....Thundercats, Voltron, Silverhawks, Bravestarr, MASK....I was only 6 when they MOTU toys hit....think I cared about comic books? Nope, it wasn't until the colorful 30 minute advertisement came on that my love for MOTU started, same goes for Transformers, I don't care which came first technically the comics or TV, to me, it was TV....

    Get over my nostalgia....yup, then I could easily get over MOTU altogether, because without Filmation to me there is no MOTU.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  10. #160
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,191
    Got mine yesterday, really like the figure and love that he's really brightly coloured. Still prefer the original toy look, but this throne room version goes really nice with Marlena.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

  11. #161
    Heroic Warrior DJ Force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,633
    Itīs kinda difficult to argue about something when the two argueing parties arenīt on the same page.

    Me, I am not complaining about getting Filmation characters. Quite the contraty. I welcome every addition to MOTUC.
    BUT, I want all characters in MOTUC to be of one consistent artistic style, and not a wild mix of highly detailed figures (most of MOTUC) and toned down details (EP King Randor).


    By the way, I donīt blame King Randor either. Itīs not his fault that he had to be drawn plain and simple in the cartoon, and itīs not his fault the 4HM chose to adapt those simple lines without implementing any details.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

  12. #162
    Heroic Warrior Tribal Spaceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales, UK
    Posts
    411
    Got mine today and I really like him. I hope to get Randor v1 at some point too.

    I don't really mind the belt, as his outfit covers most of it up anyway, but I do agree some more detailing would be nice. If his robe was trimmed with a slightly lighter (or metallic) shade of blue, or textured a little like Dekker's outfit, that would have been amazing, but he looks good as he is. The necklace is surprisingly plain, they could have added a little motif to it or something, but I can live with that.

    The one think I do dislike is the spear. I would have preferred a repaint of the first figure's staff.

    Overall this is THE Randor to me. I just wish he came with a second, younger head so we could display him next to Captain Glenn.

  13. #163
    Heroic Warrior Rodster6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,742
    There are two kinds of variants in my book, significant change variants such as Prince Adam, Kronis, Keldor etc then clothing variants such as BA He-man, DB Skeletor etc. Those are the ones I find really boring but Filmation King Randor is the first clothing variant I love! I have no desire for a 200X Randor now I have his palace attire and his vintage toy battle armor for fighting along side the heroic warriors.

  14. #164
    Heroic Warrior DJ Force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,633
    I never saw his vintage toy attire to be a battle armor. Something about that was just too odd. I would have loved to see it being the parade uniform in MOTUC. Something he wears at public ceremonies. Maybe thatīs the reason I see the EP King Randor even more as "just woke up with severe hangover" Randor.
    As it stands now, I donīt know where Matty would put in his 200x armor(s). Captain Randor - yes, that might still be a possibility. His 200x battle dress? No idea, heīs already got a battle dress now.
    Last edited by DJ Force; December 7, 2012 at 06:09pm.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

  15. #165
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Have you seen the kind of stupid **** real kings wear?
    Right, because the day that portrait was painted, King Henry had completely forgotten about it and just wore his casual clothes. The only images we have of old time kings who dressed like Randor are like this, official portraits and such where the king was made to look as regal as possible. For all we know, old Henry might have walked around the castle in his wooly underwear when no one was looking.

    Now, could Randor have been jazzed up a little without changing the design? Yes; they could have added a texture to the blue robe or the red body piece to spice it up (textured tights might have been going a bit too far, though). And I do think using a gold to match the queen for the crown and cufs would have made him fit with her better (I'm sure a lot of the folks who got Filmation Randor immediately set him next to the queen version of Marlena). But I'm okay with the version we got on those counts. He's a casual king who likes to be comfortable while ruling; nothing wrong with that. And anyone who challenges him on that count needs to remember that he has a good left hook...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  16. #166
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,592
    To be honest if you really look at Adam, other than bump on his belt and a little shading....how is he so heavily detailed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    There are two kinds of variants in my book, significant change variants such as Prince Adam, Kronis, Keldor etc then clothing variants such as BA He-man, DB Skeletor etc. Those are the ones I find really boring but Filmation King Randor is the first clothing variant I love! I have no desire for a 200X Randor now I have his palace attire and his vintage toy battle armor for fighting along side the heroic warriors.
    I really don't consider Adam & Keldor variants....they may be the other person, or have been the other person, but they are individual characters....Keldor was Keldor. And Kronis I don't see as one at all, he is made with included accessories.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    Got mine today and I really like him. I hope to get Randor v1 at some point too.

    I don't really mind the belt, as his outfit covers most of it up anyway, but I do agree some more detailing would be nice. If his robe was trimmed with a slightly lighter (or metallic) shade of blue, or textured a little like Dekker's outfit, that would have been amazing, but he looks good as he is. The necklace is surprisingly plain, they could have added a little motif to it or something, but I can live with that.

    The one think I do dislike is the spear. I would have preferred a repaint of the first figure's staff.

    Overall this is THE Randor to me. I just wish he came with a second, younger head so we could display him next to Captain Glenn.
    I agree, I would have loved the Cross Staff instead of the spear....I mean Marlena came with hers....

    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Right, because the day that portrait was painted, King Henry had completely forgotten about it and just wore his casual clothes. The only images we have of old time kings who dressed like Randor are like this, official portraits and such where the king was made to look as regal as possible. For all we know, old Henry might have walked around the castle in his wooly underwear when no one was looking.

    Now, could Randor have been jazzed up a little without changing the design? Yes; they could have added a texture to the blue robe or the red body piece to spice it up (textured tights might have been going a bit too far, though). And I do think using a gold to match the queen for the crown and cufs would have made him fit with her better (I'm sure a lot of the folks who got Filmation Randor immediately set him next to the queen version of Marlena). But I'm okay with the version we got on those counts. He's a casual king who likes to be comfortable while ruling; nothing wrong with that. And anyone who challenges him on that count needs to remember that he has a good left hook...
    This was also my main point....I mean even millionaires dress down when they are not in the limelight....only a vain person would wear diamond studded underwear to bed.

    And, for official and meant to be seen by everyone pictures or portraits....doesn't everyone want to look the best they can?
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  17. #167
    Heroic Warrior DJ Force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,633
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    This was also my main point....I mean even millionaires dress down when they are not in the limelight....only a vain person would wear diamond studded underwear to bed.
    EXACTLY!
    So, why did we need "Bedroom-Action Randor" again?
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

  18. #168
    Heroic Warrior Tribal Spaceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales, UK
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    EXACTLY!
    So, why did we need "Bedroom-Action Randor" again?
    Because "Bedroom-Action Marlena" has needs...

  19. #169
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,592
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    EXACTLY!
    So, why did we need "Bedroom-Action Randor" again?
    Everyone needs their pimp suit, hell he's got the cup.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •