Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eternos Palace King Randor discussion thread

Eternos Palace King Randor discussion thread

Is anyone else as excited for this figure as I am? Me jaw dropped when it was first revealed. I'm all about Filmation and I hope that King Randor is only the start of Filmation version figures. Bring on He-Man & Skeletor!

Yes, this was one of the highlights of today for me. I love that he has a goblet and it's full! He looks a little less Burger Kingish as well. Marlena will just look SO much better next to this version, and the original King Randor can move out onto the battlefield in my display where he belongs.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Not liking the mustard yellow crown and after seeing this Filmation variant, I'll stick with my vintage inspired Randor.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

well, though I kinda wanted him when I saw Marlena I was happy with what I had.

I think he's great, but unnecessary. I would have rather had him be one figure with two outfits like Marlena.

Since I'll have him, I'll have to move Vintage to somewhere else, and put him with the royal family.

But really he is fine. After this, I DEMAND filmation Hordak, and with a new head.

He is soso ( I wanted 200x captain Randor) and the accessoiries are crap.
    He should have gotten a small Randor head statue like the gift Skeletor brought in Filmation that turned maa to glass.

Heroic Warrior
    Cool idea but not for me. I'll be selling mine on ebay. But I do see Mattel reusing his shoes and "skirt"(for a lack of a better term) for possible villagers builder packs later on. (<--don't wanna get in a whole argument about people not wanting villagers so let's just pretend it's the last thing they make and all the figures everyone ever wanted were made).

I never liked the first Randor (Battleground Burger King) and passed on him in hopes of getting one more to my liking, either the MYP or Filmation version. So I'm VERY excited we're getting this variant. He will look so much better with Marlena and the rest of the royal family.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    He is unneeded. We already have King Randor. They should have either made him Miro or did the 2002 version as General Randor.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

i think this is one of the worst variants that mattel forcing on the sub buyers.

Gotta chime in here. The first Burger King Randor was already raher lame compared to other possible variants that the MYP cartoon introduced. It was only logical though to make him first. Maybe it was logical to introduce this variant as a statement that many more Filmation figures/variants are yet to come, but now weīve got King Lame and King Boring side by side. Where is King Action? These are actionfigures after all.
    I am glad for everybody that likes this Filmation variant and always wanted one, but for me this one is really boring and a disappointment.
    (However, ALL other reveals were superb, so I can live with that quota )
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    He looks a little less Burger Kingish as well.
    He's now wearing the EXACT Burger King Mascot costume! Outer robe, inner "dress", slippers and ALL!

Compared to the first MOTUC Randor:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    He's now wearing the EXACT Burger King Mascot costume! Outer robe, inner "dress", slippers and ALL!

http://www.worldmag.com/images/content/burgerking.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...scaled_800.jpg

Compared to the first MOTUC Randor:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/wp-content/...orweaponed.jpg
    LMAO!!!

Heroic Warrior
    He is NOT unneeded. He is completely different to the vintage toy and he is exactly the way I want Randor to look. Perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by rewkee View Post
    He is NOT unneeded. He is completely different to the vintage toy and he is exactly the way I want Randor to look. Perfection!
    I don't want to fight with anyone...but if you take off MOTUC Randor's armour and put a blue Ken shirt on him...they're nearly identical. The only big difference is the slippers...and that gold staff came in the last Weapons Pak.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I don't want to fight with anyone...but if you take off MOTUC Randor's armour and put a blue Ken shirt on him...they're nearly identical. The only big difference is the slippers...and that gold staff came in the last Weapons Pak.
    What about the loincloth? He doesn't wear that. the vintage Randor just isn't Palace Randor. People may hate him but I love him.

Quote Originally Posted by rewkee View Post
    What about the loincloth? He doesn't wear that. the vintage Randor just isn't Palace Randor. People may hate him but I love him.
    Okay, Ken shirt and Barbie skirt.

I don't *hate* him, but I do believe he should have been an outside the sub figure. I'm a little bitter Bubble Power She-Ra was an outside the sub figure when she had SO much new tooling and new accessories and Filmation King Randor is so similar to what we already have. Again, I don't hate him...but since he's so similar, I wish we could choose to purchase him or not.

EDIT: so sorry, I forgot the "R" in shirt and got censored!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I never liked the first Randor (Battleground Burger King) and passed on him in hopes of getting one more to my liking, either the MYP or Filmation version. So I'm VERY excited we're getting this variant. He will look so much better with Marlena and the rest of the royal family.
    This sums up my feelings and past actions well. Also skipped BurgerKing, and will buy this one!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    As someone who considers the Filmation look 'definitive' for my collecting tastes, I love this figure. Though I do appreciate why some people might be angry at him for taking up a slot.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

*Dead @ everyone calling the toy-based King Randor "Burger King" when Filmation King Randor wears the exact Buger King outfit as posted above*

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Boozehound Randor is cool! Cheers!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    Is anyone else as excited for this figure as I am? Me jaw dropped when it was first revealed. I'm all about Filmation and I hope that King Randor is only the start of Filmation version figures. Bring on He-Man & Skeletor!

I'm glad we're getting him, but I'd rather it was in a couple year's time after some more hard-hitting Filmation characters like Scorpia, Shokoti, Octavia, Lord Masque, Sea hawk etc...

Also, I wouldn't want a Filmation He-Man or Skeletor as part of the sub since the already released versions are similar enough for my tastes.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I'm definitely happy to be getting a Filmation-inspired Randor. The one part about this figure I'm not as excited about is that for the upper torso, they decided to just paint over a bare male upper torso. He must be wearing a very tight shirt if you can see every definition of his muscles, as well as his belly buttong indentation . Other than than, very cool figure.

Although he is iconic to Filmation, & may represent what most people think of as "King Randor" I do feel this one comes up a bit short on the "needed in 2012" roster. I enjoy Randor's character much more in MYP series & I think if a Randor variant was to be made, one of those designs might have got more excitement from me & many others.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Dont having this character, but its pretty poor that we have gotten the same head sculpt of the first release randor, would have rather seen a more filmation inspired head. TG has mentioned before that the heads cost alot with tooling so i think they have just taken a short cut here.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Boozehound Randor is cool! Cheers!
    So true, can't wait for the comic arc "Demo-man in a bottle"