Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Digital First #2 "Man-At-Arms" Comic Discussion SPOILERS

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

Masters of the Universe: Digital First #2 "Man-At-Arms" Comic Discussion SPOILERS

Just downloaded the 2nd issue on m iPad from th DC app. It looks interesting! Off to read....
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I liked it much better than the first one. Sorceress

I just got done reading Batman-At-Arms.

I loved the redesign of the Sorceress...

Just downloaded this a few minutes ago on my iPad, as well. I love the art on the pages I've seen. I'm guessing the whole thing is pretty short, like the Laser-Lot one. Mind you, $1/69p it's not gonna break the bank, I guess
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

It was a bit better than the previous one, but not much.
    The dialogue was terribly corny: "I've got a date with a bath of ice", what the hell ...

And Sorceress shows more cleavage than PowerGirl
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    I liked it. However, I thought the Battle-Cat issue was coming out today and the Man-at-Arms issue would be released in two weeks. Maybe DC just swapped them?

This was OK, I kind of like that art, but the story was a bit.. rushed. I'm not sure whether the narratives of these comics will somehow connect with the actual print DC mini series in some way, but these mini comics seem to be more about trying to show MOTU in a more adult light, than actually telling a story, or of an origin of a character, as I thought they would.

That said, kudos to DC for offering us these comics.. it's always great to see new media, and as I said in my previous post, $1/69p isn't really that much to pay for a couple minutes' reading!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

I liked it a lot. Also liked the uniform redesigns on MAA ans the Sorceress. Love the cleavage!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    And Sorceress shows more cleavage than PowerGirl
    Why do you think she called for Duncan specifically? She knew what outfit to wear--the one with the plunging JLo neckline.

I liked this one better than Laser-Lot's issue.

• One thing I found odd is how the Sorceress referred to herself and the Castle as "we" or "us".
    • No Classic MOTU vehicle was used for his transportation?
    • I like Duncan's active camouflage field and his other tech.
    • I also like both the Sorceress and Duncan's new looks.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I liked the art style, especially when Duncan and Sorceress discuss in the beginning, it looks very fitting. Some oddities like the very last panel, there is something really off about Sorceress arm length.

Story was a lot better than the first one too, it actually was a complete story. Eyes of Grayskull was actually a neat idea as well, I thought, as was the mention of Knolls. I only hoped they had perhaps used knoll design from the mini-comics instead of just humans, story would have been one point more cooler. Now the villains were not especially memorable.

I did not especially like the stealth suit or design of Duncan's ship, and end punchline felt slightly forced. Overall, entertaining few minutes!
    Last edited by Invicta; July 14, 2012 at 10:46am.

Kept hearing Filmation MAA every time Ron Burdgany said something. Cool short story.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Love the art, it has a kinda rough and ready feel that worked. Story was rather light but worked fine for me. I like the MAA redesign but I don't care for the Sorceress redesign at all. The neck line is just ridiculous.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Liked it. Predator-Arms was cool

I really liked the MAA story. I love the Sorceress's new look and the art was really nice. It is so cool getting new MOTU merchandise.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Does anyone know how to rate comics on comixology? I see a place for customer rating, but I can't figure out how to actually GIVE a rating.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Why do you think she called for Duncan specifically? She knew what outfit to wear--the one with the plunging JLo neckline.
    yeah, and she was pretty eager to tend his wounds too ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Holy ****! I completely forgot this was coming out today.

Enjoyed this one all around! Great to see some Castle Grayskull action, found the Sorceress' dialogue to be true to her character, the mission was fun... the idea of Grayskull once having eyes that each possess' power of their own is very cool... my only "complaint" is that they listed today's as being the Battle Cat issue but it is the Man-At-Arms one. No biggie, just a flub on their part. I imagine Battle Cat will be the next one instead.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    This one was alright, but I liked the sll issue better, personally.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Warrior
    Ok here are my personal thoughts:

Much MUCH better artwork by Rappack.

A bit inconsistent in parts but it served it's visual purpose.

If I hear Sorceress say "THE EVERYTHING" one more time I'll puke.

I like the new look for MAA as something of an "elseworlds" take- I'll use my extra SMAA to make him.

It was a step in the right direction but I still feel it could tie together better and perhaps pull in some more of the traditional mythos.

Agreed the everything lines got on my nerves

Love love love the MAA redesign, the helmet visor and the uniform under the armor!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Ok here are my personal thoughts:

Much MUCH better artwork by Rappack.

A bit inconsistent in parts but it served it's visual purpose.

If I hear Sorceress say "THE EVERYTHING" one more time I'll puke.

I like the new look for MAA as something of an "elseworlds" take- I'll use my extra SMAA to make him.

It was a step in the right direction but I still feel it could tie together better and perhaps pull in some more of the traditional mythos.
    Agree entirely, MAA looked awesome. I find it interesting he was the Sorceress' errand boy before Adam. This was fun quick tale and the art was fine. MOTU is seriously the best brand going.

SLL comic was great and this one is even better , awesome new desings , good story , i really love the personality of duncan and i love the "sorceressexy" .

how great I am having with the DC comics!!!
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Like the new comic as well.

Better drawing for sure! J-Lo Sorceress looks great, and Duncan does too!

The story seems a bit rushed, but that is normal for a short comic... At least this one felt complete at the end.

Happy to keep reading!
    "From here to Eterni...a"

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    Does anyone know how to rate comics on comixology? I see a place for customer rating, but I can't figure out how to actually GIVE a rating.
    On DC app, when you come to the end, you can just swipe once more and it lets you rate the comic. It's probably the same way in comixology since it's essentially the same app.

Anyway, what's up with Sorceresses' costume?? It's waaaaay to slutty. I am no prude at all, but she just looks cheap.