Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

At SDCC Marvel made some announcements about future movies. Along with Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy the also revealed the name of the Captain America sequal, The Winter Soldier.

Marvel reveals future movie titles

This evening at Comic-Con International, Marvel Studios revealed its plans for Phase Two of its cinematic universe, announcing titles for the Captain America and Thor sequels, while confirming Guardians of the Galaxy and revealing the first concept art. Director Edgar Wright also showed off test footage for the long-developing Ant-Man.

Lending credence to speculation that the follow-up to Captain America: The First Avenger will borrow from Ed Brubaker’s acclaimed Marvel comics storyline, the sequel to last year’s hit will be called Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Directed by brothers Anthony and Joe Russo, the film opens April 4, 2014.

Helmed by Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones), Thor: The Dark World will arrive in theaters Nov. 8, 2013. And Guardians of the Galaxy is, of course, the mystery release set for Aug. 1, 2014.
    I became a fan of Brubaker's Captain America run beginning with the Winter Soldier arc so I hope it is going to follow that story closely.
    Last edited by TheFallen; July 15, 2012 at 12:41am.

Me too! I got the first Brubaker omnibus with this saga, I don't think they'll follow it too closely but it's great the movie will at least be inspired by it. I need to see some Bucky concept art soon!
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Great news!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Fantastic news! I pretty much figured they would go this route with how much they were walking about this storyline while making the first one, but I'm definitely VERY excited to see a version of it on the big screen! I can't wait to see how they do it.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I figured they'd go this route with the way they treated Bucky in the first movie. Looking forward to it. The Brubaker run (which I used to collect in single issues AND Omnibus... now just Omnibus...) is so great

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Not familiar with the storyline outside of Winter Soldier is appareantly Bucky. Not sure how that is going to work, but hopefully the movie is as good as the first one.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Bucky was frozen after the explosion and thawed out by the Russians. I'm assuming they'll do something similar with his fall out of the train.

Is there a target release date for Ant-Man yet?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Based off Brubaker's run...PASS.

Hated it. "Killing" Cap, bringing back Bucky, and replacing Cap with him is almost as stupid as the DC reboot. Brubaker's run is so over rated.

Shame too cause I loved the first movie.

Eh, I don't know. Brubaker's run has been one of the most successful and lengthiest in Cap's history. I know I for one liked but never really cared about Cap until it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Eh, I don't know. Brubaker's run has been one of the most successful and lengthiest in Cap's history. I know I for one liked but never really cared about Cap until it.
    I've been reading Cap for a good 30 years and its one of my favorite runs.

Brubaker did the impossible, he made Bucky worthwhile imho
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Awesome but expected given what happened in the movie and knowing the Cap storylines
    still awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Based off Brubaker's run...PASS.

Hated it. "Killing" Cap, bringing back Bucky, and replacing Cap with him is almost as stupid as the DC reboot. Brubaker's run is so over rated.

Shame too cause I loved the first movie.
    Brubaker is great, it says a lot of a writer when he kills the title character and the comic is still great and sells for as long as it took to bring Cap back. That said, they won't be killing Captain America in the films, and they won't make a faithful adaptation of Brubaker's run, they'll just use Winter Soldier elements as reference to build their unique story.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Their not keeping Joe Johnston is kind of sad. His touch was fun, I hope they don't lose it.

Glad to hear Bucky's return will be covered since it was so obviously set up in the first one. But who's the villain? Arnim Zola's cyborg? A returned Red Skull? Baron Zemo? Out-of-his-mind Bucky? Actually I think Red Skull ought to come back because I liked him so much and I'm not sure they'll be able to top him.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Brubaker did the impossible, he made Bucky worthwhile imho
    Totally agreed. Brubaker got me reading (and loving) Captain America again after a long time of not reading it, and I loved what he did with Bucky's character. It's one of the few times in comic history that I loved how they brought back a long-thought-dead character, and have enjoyed the character ever since. Definitely one of my all-time favorites now.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I agree. I liked cap before but never really read him until bru started his run and then I was WOWED!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I've been reading Cap for a good 30 years and its one of my favorite runs.
    I grew up reading Gruenwald's entire run, all 130+ issues, and I loved it. Waid's was great too but way too short. I just never liked Brubaker. I know I am in the minority here but that still won't make me like it. It's garbage IMO. I liked Cap when he was a "super hero" not this thing that Brubaker made him into.

Heroic Warrior
    I really hope they keep the same actor who played Bucky in last movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I really hope they keep the same actor who played Bucky in last movie.
    Was that ever in question? I thought they'd signed Stan for multiple movies (as opposed to how they handled Howard in Iron Man).

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Was that ever in question? I thought they'd signed Stan for multiple movies (as opposed to how they handled Howard in Iron Man).
    As far as I know he is signed
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

From Comic Book Resources:

Anthony Mackie Rumored as Falcon in "Captain America 2"

According to The Hollywood Reporter, executives have begun negotiations with "The Hurt Locker" actor Anthony Mackie to play the Falcon alongside Chris Evans' Sentinel of Liberty in the sequel to the studio's 2011 hit. Brothers Anthony and Joe Russo, best known for "You, Me and Dupree" and NBC's "Community," will direct.
    I'm not familiar with Mackie's work, but if indeed Falcon is in the film that makes me happy.
    Last edited by krugos; July 16, 2012 at 11:27pm.
    Rimbaud

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I don't care what storyline it is taken from, as long as the movie is good. Just because you hated Brubaker's writing of the comic does not mean it is going to be the same in the movie. After all, if Hollywood allow comic writers to write their comic book movies, we would not have had Jonah Hex, Catwoman, Eilecktra, and Ghost Rider. We also would have had incredible movies of Flash, Superman, Green Lanter, Wonder Woman, and Dare Devil by now.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    All I really care about is it a good movie and that most if not all the original actors.

Just a tiny, tiny leaked footage from CATWS:

http://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=-284...fefe0cd02&hd=1

Please mods, I don't knw how to post these kind of video format so please feel free to modify them if need it. Thank you in advance

It can be seen much, but seems to be an assasination attempt in an elevator by Winter Soldier
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Here is the first trailer I have seen for Captain America: The Winter Soldier and thinks it looks very promising:

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.