Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy - Upcoming Marvel Movie

Guardians of the Galaxy - Upcoming Marvel Movie

Marvel have offically announced the Guardians of the Galaxy movie and with it some concept art;

I can't wait.

The concept art is now my screen wallpaper . I can't wait for this movie! I wish they start filming soon, I really want to see pics and trailers, clips, and more info. I wonder who they'll be fighting.

I just saw all the Marvel upcoming films logos released with the Guardians news, man, that made my day.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Maybe the will go with the Annihilation story? That was my first real introduction to GotG

I will be very happy if the movie counter parts look just like the concept art

Annihilation would be awesome, but I've heard Annihilus is part of Fox's Fantastic Four deal, not sure if that's true.

I forgot to say that out of the upcoming movies: Cap 2, Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Ant-Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy, this is the one I'm looking forward the most, I still can't believe they decided to adapt this to the big screen. I wanted a Black Panther film, but after looking the concept art I think I want to see this first.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Out of all of the cosmic characters they could have done (Silver Surver, Adam Warlock), they go with these guys? This movie is going to be terrible.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Out of all of the cosmic characters they could have done (Silver Surver, Adam Warlock), they go with these guys? This movie is going to be terrible.
    I know for sure that Silver Surfer is at Fox and there is still a chance that Adam Warlock could show up in GotG. With the ending of Avengers, maybe Marvel has a big plan to bring it's movie universe together? That means Thanos could be the big bad in GotG.

I REALLY wished this was the 90's Guaridans!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I know for sure that Silver Surfer is at Fox and there is still a chance that Adam Warlock could show up in GotG. With the ending of Avengers, maybe Marvel has a big plan to bring it's movie universe together? That means Thanos could be the big bad in GotG.
    I'm pretty sure Disney has more say over Silver Surfer than Fox, given that Disney owns Marvel, Marvel owns Silver Surfer, and Fox has not done anything with the character in 5 years.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

I'm a huge fan of this iteration of the GotG so I'm really excited. Never in a million years though they'd get a movie. I just hoped for an animated series in my wildest dreams. Seems odd they keep killing the comic though. I suppose it'll come back in time for the movie. I really miss Star Lord's helmet though in that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'm a huge fan of this iteration of the GotG so I'm really excited. Never in a million years though they'd get a movie. I just hoped for an animated series in my wildest dreams. Seems odd they keep killing the comic though. I suppose it'll come back in time for the movie. I really miss Star Lord's helmet though in that pic.
    With the new Marvel Now intitative starting to take shape there is a rumour in the works that a GotG series is coming. The rumour is also that it is by Bendis and Mark Bagley

Yeah, the Bendis part bummed me out. I was annoyed that just as GotG is going to be thrust into the spotlight they hand it over to Bendis.

I'm pretty sure Disney has more say over Silver Surfer than Fox, given that Disney owns Marvel, Marvel owns Silver Surfer, and Fox has not done anything with the character in 5 years.
    It does not work like that dude, its contracts that keep characters with certain companies for movies. Blame Marvel's licensing BEFORE they were bought by Disney

We are not privvy to the contract so we don't know for sure, but normally you can't get a character in a movie unless you license the rights to it. So it should surprise nobody if FOX locked up FF4 and its universe in a long term movie deal
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Well if Fox owns Silver Surfer, then why do he not have his own movie yet? I hate it when companies buy a license and then just sit on it and not do anything with it when someone else is most likely willing to do so. They either need to make a movie or give it back.

Yeah, the Bendis part bummed me out. I was annoyed that just as GotG is going to be thrust into the spotlight they hand it over to Bendis.
    Not real thrilled about Bagley either. I used to be a big fan of his, and I love that he's the consumate professional that never missed deadlines or needs fill-ins. But now his work feels tired and dated to me.

Well if Fox owns Silver Surfer, then why do he not have his own movie yet? I hate it when companies buy a license and then just sit on it and not do anything with it when someone else is most likely willing to do so. They either need to make a movie or give it back.
    The biggest problem is the license basically says as
    Long as you make a movie every so often you can keep the rights.

So we will see a FF4 reboot or else the license
    reverts back to Marvel, same reason Spidey was made
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Fantastic that’s its official. The concept art looks good. I can’t help but thinking, though, that in order for this film to really be embraced by the masses who aren’t made up of geeks I personally think two things need to be done: Firstly, I think comedy needs to come into play. I expect plenty of one-liners from Rocket Racoon. I don't think it should take itself too seriously all the time. And secondly, they need to cement the fact that this is part of the same universe as the other films, so I can see a cameo from one of the already established actors. I hope they don't skimp on the space-epicness.

Speaking about Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer. It was announced this week that the director of Chronicle is going to direct the long mooted reboot for Fox. I really wouldn’t be surprised if the Silver Surfer turns up in the new film.

So if GOTG is going to be made what does that leave for the other Marvel Film that was going to be made??

Is it Ant-Man or Black Panther that get's the snub?

I know almost nothing about the Guardians of the Galaxy except that they have some really really fantastical characters and Marvel will hopefully prove that it wasn't the presence of such characters in Green Lantern that kepat the movie from finding an audience.

Also I thought Adam Warlock was one of the Guardians. Was that in Avengers: EMH?

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The biggest problem is the license basically says as
    Long as you make a movie every so often you can keep the rights.

So we will see a FF4 reboot or else the license
    reverts back to Marvel, same reason Spidey was made
    Yeah and it burns because Fantastic 4 in this shared Marvel universe would be great. They'd bring Dr. Doom, the Skrulls, Silver Surfer, possibly the Kree...I can't believe there's no loop hole to take that all back from Fox.
    Last edited by gbagok; July 15, 2012 at 08:46pm.

There exist a few loopholes but neither company wants to test them

Scarlett witch and quicksilver are two characters who could be used by Marvel despite them
    being mutants. It's all about who uses what first and if you can make the legal case they belong to one license (like Avengers) moreso then another

It's too bad marvel practically gave away these characters with such a crappy stipulation on how a company could keep the license. They wanted revenue and exposure but in the process basically gave FF4, Spiderman and X-Men away

All Disney needs to do is pull rank, hand out some cash, and everything is their's.

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    I hope the original Guardians at least make a cameo.
    The book by Jim Valentino was fantastic.

I dont know much about these guys either... whats their story. Isn't Nova involved with them somehow?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Also I thought Adam Warlock was one of the Guardians. Was that in Avengers: EMH?
    He was later. This is just sort of the "core" team. There were other team members such as Phylla-Vel, Mantis, Moondragon, Jack Flag, and one of my favorites:

Cosmo!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    There exist a few loopholes but neither company wants to test them
    What would Marvel/Disney stand to lose?

He was later. This is just sort of the "core" team. There were other team members such as Phylla-Vel, Mantis, Moondragon, Jack Flag, and one of my favorites:

Cosmo!
    http://cdn.ifanboy.com/wp-content/up...-space-dog.jpg
    Okay, that guy would be awesome.

Well if Fox owns Silver Surfer, then why do he not have his own movie yet?
    They were planning to at one point. If I remember correctly a screenplay was written but the project was shelved because Fox was disappointed by the box office return of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26