Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy - Upcoming Marvel Movie

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    They were planning to at one point. If I remember correctly a screenplay was written but the project was shelved because Fox was disappointed by the box office return of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
    So they are pretty much going to do with Surfer what Mattel is now going to do to with Voltron.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I just read this interesting news regarding Galactus and Silver Surfer movie rights:

Currently, Fox owns the rights to both the "Fantastic Four" and "Daredevil" circle of characters. However, time is running out for the studio to put a "Daredevil" film reboot into production before the rights revert back to Marvel -- and Variety reports a deal may be going down between Fox chairman Tom Rothman and Marvel to extend "Daredevil's" time at Fox beyond the October 10 cutoff. Sources state Marvel would be willing to give Fox more time to get its "Daredevil" reboot off the ground in exchange for the rights to use characters from the "Fantastic Four" cast of characters, including Galactus and the Silver Surfer, who would no doubt play a huge role in future Marvel films considering the current direction of its "Phase Two" slate of movies.
    Nothing official but, if this happens, that would be awesome! I want to see Galactus and Silver Surfer in either a Guardians of the Galaxy sequel or an Avengers sequel, or something like Infinity Gauntlet. Marvel Studios would do these characters justice.

Full article here: (Edit note: It seems there was not much true to the story, and the rumor has been updated as false. Too bad, it would have been cool to have these characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe) Will Fox Trade Marvel Galactus For Daredevil?
    Last edited by krugos; August 7, 2012 at 05:26pm.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Guardians of the Galaxy eh?

Errr....never heard of them.

So my excitement / expectations shall start pretty low and will either go up or down depending on what else is revealed about this
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

First leaked trailer from Guardians of the Galaxy:

http://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=-284...c01039d53&hd=1

I don't really know how to post here this kind of video, so mods feel free modify if required. Thank you and sorry

Looks good although I don't have a clue what its relation to the rest of Marvel movies shall be. Maybe for Avengers 3 against a unversal battle against Thanos
    Last edited by Rhanen; August 13, 2013 at 06:09pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

The more and more I see and hear about the movie the more and more excited I get.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Fair weather fans (or one's that never read or followed comics) will not get it

It's looks good and very promising can't wait for the real trailer...

I refuse to watch the leaked footage, but apparently everything looks superb. Especially Rocket Raccoon and Groot. I think the choice of director is utterly inspired. Really can’t wait for this.

As for where it fits in in the whole MCU, from what I’ve read the only link appears to be Thanos. He is confirmed to be in it. Apart from his inclusion it appears that it is pretty much a stand-alone affair.

This is just such a bold, smart move for Marvel. I know, as a GotG fan I was totally gobsmacked by the choice. But it feels very right. I hope the story is good, because what I saw of the leaked footage looked like a ton of fun. I'd love for Marvel's cosmic comics to get a boost from all of this, too.

Though I think Bendis is writing GotG now. Grumble grumble.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I had a few 90s comics of this group but never found them memorable.
    I'm curious why a movie of Dr.Strange has not been planned yet?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I had a few 90s comics of this group but never found them memorable.
    I'm curious why a movie of Dr.Strange has not been planned yet?
    for some odd reason I could really see the dude that played Jesus, Jim Cavizal playing the Doc, and doing a really good job, he has a calm about him in his role on person of interest.

I'm pretty sure Dr Strange has been confirmed for Phase 3. Rumored so far is Viggo Mortenson or Joseph Gordon-Levitt
    On Twitter @DualHares

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dual_Hares View Post
    I'm pretty sure Dr Strange has been confirmed for Phase 3. Rumored so far is Viggo Mortenson or Joseph Gordon-Levitt
    JGL. i like the guy, but everyone is smoking his poop right now. seriously. are they going to Dougie Houser the Dr Strange story?

Heroic Warrior
    I still think this was a strange choice for them to make a movie of but as long as it is good then I am in.

Awesome!

Awesome indeed

Rocket Raccoon looks great
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Looks good but I really don't have a clue who almost anybody on this team is.

My only exposure to the new team is from A:EMH.

I used to read the old GOTG, I loved the Jim Valentino series, but I've never picked up the new series. I hear it's good but I can't go against my Quesada Embargo I started years and years ago.
    Last edited by Bonehead; December 22, 2013 at 12:21am.

I'm definitely enjoying their most recent comic run. I didn't know about them until this movie came up so I checked it out, now I'm hooked.

I LOVE Rocket and Groot's friendship (and Rocket's lines are all classics).

Most of all, I love Gamora knocking Stark down about a dozen pegs.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

15 second teaser for the full trailer, which debuts tonight!! Soooo excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I still think this was a strange choice for them to make a movie of but as long as it is good then I am in.
    Marvel's always been a bit more open with letting their stuff be made into movies, so comes as no real surprise. As to being the Marvel Movie Universe there's no real reason it shouldn't be, we have two confirmed alien species already.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I'm not excited about this movie. I don't like the casting and I don't know why I think that they are going to work a lot on humor which for me mixing it with sci-fi is like eating cabbage salad ice cream
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I'm not excited about this movie. I don't like the casting and I don't know why I think that they are going to work a lot on humor which for me mixing it with sci-fi is like eating cabbage salad ice cream
    I'm sure it will have a lot of humor. Which works just fine for me. Some of my favorite movies (Galaxy Quest, Fifth Element) do this.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Gonna definitely watch Jimmy Fallon tonight so I can see the full trailer
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Comedy actually goes quite well with sci-fi.

Here it is!

Looks fantastic!