Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gangstor disqualified from the CaC contest - includes statement by Oz.Muerte

Gangstor disqualified from the CaC contest - includes statement by Oz.Muerte

Just a FYI for everyone

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...667#3241056667

From TG

"Yes. Had we known Gangstor was posted he would not have been a runner up. He is unfortunately now disqualified and will no longer be a runner up. (and since I know fans might ask, their will not be a replacement runner up, we will now only have 4 runner ups insteadof 5). Thanks for pointing this out.

And for anyone else who entered, please do not post images of your entry. We still have plans for all the entries. We want to give Daniel his "year" but after that, many of the other entries may find a home. Anyone who posts their entry will be disqualified from any future use. Hate to be the meanie, but it was made very clear on the entry form that all entries are the property of Mattel. Please do not post any entry whether it won or lost the contest. All are property of Mattel. Part of the rules. ;-)"

MOD EDIT: Do not engage in insults or name calling in this thread. Do not make it personal. Discuss the actions you disagree with.

The alternative is to close it and rob us of a worthwhile topic I think many feel the need to discuss, if for no other reason to express their sadness at this turn of events. Thanks!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I just saw this on the Matty site too and frankly I don't understand why vertigoink was so upset about this... Maybe it's because I have no artistic talent and had no desire to enter into that contest. So now the Gangstor winner doesn't get his runner-up prize (whatever that was). I hope vertigoink feels better about himself after bringing Gangstor to justice... Now he can go searching the internet to see if Daniel "broke the rules" too
    Last edited by Kowl; July 18, 2012 at 06:35pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I just saw this on the Matty site too and frankly I don't understand why vertigoink was so upset about this... Maybe it's because I have no artistic talent and had no desire to enter into that contest. So now the Gangstor winner doesn't get his runner-up prize (whatever that was). I hope vertigoink feels better now... Now he can go searching the internet to see if Daniel "broke the rules" too
    The prize for the runner ups, was a 2013 MOTUC Sub

I just wanted to get this posted, b/c i know I have seen people posting their CaC pics around and dont want to see any of our fellow MOTU fans screwed

So vertigoink narced on the guy? Wow.

What do you folks suppose is meant by: ..."many of the entries may find a home"...? If they were going to all be published in a book, wouldn't he have said "all of the entries?"

Does this mean TG is going to answer more of the post questions soon? There are a lot of questions about SDCC reveals I can't wait to see his replies on!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    What do you folks suppose is meant by: ..."many of the entries may find a home"...? If they were going to all be published in a book, wouldn't he have said "all of the entries?"
    eh I think its just marketing double talk, Im sure at most they may post them online on their website as a "feature"

I hope Im wrong, but I dont want to get hopes up

Guys - just a pre-emptive note. Another topic that addressed this subject a day or so ago had to be deleted because people started getting personal very personal and attacking fellow posters. Please keep things civil and follow the rules when discussing your views on this.

Personally, I am heartbroken for the entrant who was disqualified. Whether the rule was broken or not, the truth is we don't know what led up to the reveal of the entrant or if it was malicious.

On the brighter side of things, it's nice to hear more entrants might see their day in the sun. Here's hoping one of my three might some day make it. Or one of the other front runners.

I guess I sort of interpreted that as possibly being made into figures, myself. Which I'd be all over.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    So terrible man. I feel really bad for OzMuerte... Hope VertigoInk is proud of himself.

It would be cool if Mattel put all of the entries into a book or something for all to enjoy. I'd buy one!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Technically they own all the designs now, so they could use the concepts are actual figure or a concept "jump start" for a figure.
    Personally, I hope they release all the art entries in some form so we can all be impressed by our fellow fans' creativity and talents.
    Kowl, the know it owl!

That's unfortunate for the runner up. However, a rule is a rule. I guess Matty was being lenient with their enforcement up until that.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Guys - just a pre-emptive note. Another topic that addressed this subject a day or so ago had to be deleted because people started getting personal very personal and attacking fellow posters. Please keep things civil and follow the rules when discussing your views on this.

Personally, I am heartbroken for the entrant who was disqualified. Whether the rule was broken or not, the truth is we don't know what led up to the reveal of the entrant or if it was malicious.
    I just don't understand the point of making such a huge deal out of it to TG. It's not like that design actually won the contest. Is it just a case of sour grapes that his design didn't win? It really sucks for OzMuerte that he won't get his runner up prize. At least he still has the satisfaction that he made it as a final design, regardless of its current status.
    Kowl, the know it owl!

I feel very bad for the individual who was disqualified. I realize the rules are the rules but it's still a shame. It's my view that something like this shouldn't be brought into such a public forum by another fan.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Widget
    Good! If you don't follow the rules, then you don't deserve a prize!

Seriously though, if that and the winner's design are two of the best submitted, that's pretty sad. He-Man fans must not be very creative.

Heroic Warrior
    Whatever... I didn't enter anything but if I did... don't tell me that my idea is your property... If I decide to go off and start my own toy company and make a figure directly based off my submitted design (that didn't win), Does Mattel really think they can stop me? Unless they take my idea and patent every aspect including the name of the figure... Then maybe.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    "We still have plans for all the entries. We want to give Daniel his "year" but after that, many of the other entries may find a home."

Could some of the other CAC entries one day find a home. Will 8 or so CAC entries be included next year's Fan Choice Vote? This is very exciting. I'd love to see some of the great ideas out there!

I just saw this on the Matty site too and frankly I don't understand why vertigoink was so upset about this... Maybe it's because I have no artistic talent and had no desire to enter into that contest. So now the Gangstor winner doesn't get his runner-up prize (whatever that was). I hope vertigoink feels better about himself after bringing Gangstor to justice... Now he can go searching the internet to see if Daniel "broke the rules" too
    Actually, the blame is largely on me. I posted the link to Oscar's deviantart website. I should have known better since there were already problems of this kind when Grayskull Man was leaked.

Oscar, I can't tell you how sorry I am for this.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Whatever... I didn't enter anything but if I did... don't tell me that my idea is your property... If I decide to go off and start my own toy company and make a figure directly based off my submitted design (that didn't win), Does Mattel really think they can stop me? Unless they take my idea and patent every aspect including the name of the figure... Then maybe.
    Um yes they could stop you. By sending in our drawings we knowingly gave Mattel ownership of them.
    Posted from iOS app

Wow ok, I didn't see this thread when I posted some questions in regards to ownership . It answers a lot of things namely that business is business.. This CAC contest is pretty hardcore. I 'm not sure that this was such a good idea. Plus, I feel for the thousands that put their heart and soul into a dream whether it was creative or not.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Um yes they could stop you. By sending in our drawings we knowingly gave Mattel ownership of them.
    Yeah but wouldn't they really have to patent or copyright them legitimately to own them, regardless of what I agree to for a contest? I just can't see how signing an entry form with stipulations constitutes a legal binding agreement to own my design.

Heroic Warrior
    It's a contract, therefore it's legally binding.

I know right, like was this really such a BIG deal. I swear some people just have too much time on their hands. I understand the guy broke the rules but its not as if this is the Olympics or the Super Bowl.

I hope they forgive the person and let him keep his free 2013 subscription.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Yeah but wouldn't they really have to patent or copyright them legitimately to own them, regardless of what I agree to for a contest? I just can't see how signing an entry form with stipulations constitutes a legal binding agreement to own my design.
    It's a signed contract dude. But to me the issue here is while yes the entrant broke the rules, why would anyone rush to turn him in like that? Stunningly petty.

Widget
    No! He screwed up. He loses! End of story.