Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Vykron SDCC/arrival thread

LOVE the visor you modified on Manda-Lorr Wun2 III.

Yea that little trick makes the visor so much better
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Thank you, CJ!
    one thing to note, the TP He-Man fist does get in the way of the right bracer, switching this hand to a regular one would be best.

No prob! He is a great figure, I do like him. I've had very tiny issues. the space armor was being a bit difficult to fasten at first but I've had similar problems with the Stratos armor so no biggie as I did manage to do it. Paint apps on mine are well done, I was being watchful to see if the clip on armor would remove or scratch the paint on the gauntlets but that has not happened and I've switched them quite a few times. The clip-on bracers don't really fit on the Hordak gloves, they won't clip securely.
    I am digging on Vykron, I like this/these figures.

Wun2 III, those are some awesome pics!!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I'm getting this no matter what, but still: If anyone has this particular thing lying around - a He-Man head with the hair pulled off - can you check to see if the space helmet fits on it? Thanks in advance if anyone can help! I'll find out in a few weeks anyway, but what the heck; might as well ask.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post
    Hey! I could not make it to the SDCC. So I bougth my Vykron online.
    I hope you bought it from the secondary market when you say "online". The matty one's don't go on sale until the 23rd of July. The one that was on sale at matty before was to pick up at SDCC if you were going to be there.

I did try this! I removed the hair on the extra he-man head that came with Prince Adam. It does not fit, unfortunately The helmet is form fitted from the inside to go with the shape of Vykron's top head piece only. The helmet won't fit on the larger/wider sized head of Adam. Wish I had pics but I did try this and I think the only way it'll work is if the He-Man head is really altered. I'm still deciding what to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wun2 III View Post
    bcrduke pretty much sums it up.

Being a complietist, I picked up 4...
    3 to display loose in each outfit and 1 to keep MIB

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n/CIMG2577.jpg
    Homage to the original concept photo. (I used a strip of electrical tape to complete the visor look on the spaceman)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n/CIMG2597.jpg
    Celebrating 30 years of MOTU

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n/CIMG2603.jpg
    All 3 outfits loose with 1 MIB

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n/CIMG2618.jpg
    Vykron's last stand

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n/CIMG2620.jpg
    Vykron's last stand

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n/CIMG2622.jpg
    Vykron's last stand

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n/CIMG2626.jpg
    The fall of Vykron
    Nice photos!

People could change my mind with their photos in this thread... but I don't think I want to spend $30 on this thing. Maybe in a blowout sale (I'm pretty sure stock of this will linger). It's awesome that he's a gladiator, but as a figure it's complete rubbish and cheap looking, esp. compared to everything shown at SDCC.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    planning on putting a black piece in the visor to have it look like that too.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    planning on putting a black piece in the visor to have it look like that too.
    Mattel cant waste its money, but we can finish your work dudes!

I also will put a black visor on "Space Ace".
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Space Ace armor on TP He-Man looks AWESOME. I may break down and get an extra TP He-Man and a few Vykrons instead of getting 3. Hmmmm????
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

His name is Manda-Lorr not Space Ace.

Snappy Threader
    Wow Vykron is so cool. I can't wait to order one....or two...or three...dangit!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    His name is Manda-Lorr not Space Ace.
    "Space Ace" is the official name of this Vykron variant:
    http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...le-starts-723/
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    "Space Ace" is the official name of this Vykron variant:
    http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...le-starts-723/
    Here is a hint:

SCB = Level 50 Zen Master of sarcasm

Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but Vykron was super easy to get at SDCC, without any pre-ordering! I forgot about the sale date to signup to pick Vykron up at Mattel's hotel location so I thought "Oh well, I will just get the online version and pay for shipping".

Then at SDCC, I happen to be walking by the Mattel shop Saturday and see not a single person in line. Their big sign lists which items are sold out. Vykron is listed as available, hm! I didn't even know they were selling him outside the hotel! I fill out the form of which toys I want (just 1 Vykron), give it to the guy and get a Vykron! Same version as at the hotel pickup (barbarian packaging)...super easy!

i have no idea though what this pack-in comic is that i have seen a few people post about. If it was in the box I must have thrown it out (threw all the packaging in the trash back by our company booth).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I bought mine at SDCC.

I like the space armor the most, but the belt is a NIGHTMARE to fasten.

I also noticed that the shins are painted flesh tone, and they had paint rubs already.

The barbarian harmess had paint smudges just from my taking it off once, AND there was a brown line on his chest that matched the edge of the harness.

The right arm was "frozen" in the joint... reminiscent of DCUC Wave 5, where limbs twisted off because the hole for the arm-peg is too tight.

The plastic is the lowest quality of any MOUC item I've ever purchased.

The guns don't have that great 4H finger slot thing that accomodates the thumb. So the figure doesn't hold them well... and the leg clip-on pieces don't allow for the use of the ankle or knee artiuclation to balance the figure... so standing is an issue.

Sorry to be "negative," but the figure doesn't live up to the rest of the line.
    And yet they packaged it in a great big (way too big, IMO) package to showcase all the craptacular work.

"Let's just put it in a big impressive box - it's not like anyone actually takes them out anyway, right?"

Heroic Warrior
    Is the armor removable on the Vykron that goes on sale on 7/23 and does it come with the axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
    Is the armor removable on the Vykron that goes on sale on 7/23 and does it come with the axe?
    Yes, he does have removable armor and the set on sale 7/23 will include the barbarian armor with axe as well as the other 2 armors and weapons. The only difference this one has with the sdcc exclusive is the packaging display.

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you, Count Judas! Good to know.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the space armor the most, but the belt is a NIGHTMARE to fasten.

I also noticed that the shins are painted flesh tone, and they had paint rubs already.

The barbarian harmess had paint smudges just from my taking it off once, AND there was a brown line on his chest that matched the edge of the harness.

The right arm was "frozen" in the joint... reminiscent of DCUC Wave 5, where limbs twisted off because the hole for the arm-peg is too tight.

The plastic is the lowest quality of any MOUC item I've ever purchased.

The guns don't have that great 4H finger slot thing that accomodates the thumb. So the figure doesn't hold them well... and the leg clip-on pieces don't allow for the use of the ankle or knee artiuclation to balance the figure... so standing is an issue.

Sorry to be "negative," but the figure doesn't live up to the rest of the line.

Thank you very much, bcrduke ! It confirms what I feared : Vykron does not only look lame, but the quality of this figure sucks. Pass, pass, pass !

I don't like the cardback canon. For me Vykron lived a life of epic battles and didn't get killed by a yellow monkey

Awesome figure nevertheless, I don't see him as another He-Man variant. I ordered mine from eBay along with the exclusive comic and I hope he'll be here soon.
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Quote Originally Posted by Wun2 III View Post
    Homage to the original concept photo. (I used a strip of electrical tape to complete the visor look on the spaceman)
    Nice, I was planning on using a piece of camera film but I might try electrical tape as well
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I thought you guys said the WSOD no longer existed:? I just got hit with it when I refreshed the page.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I picked mine up on Saturday from oulala who was kind enough to grab this for me at SDCC (he also brought me the comic, party hats and noise makers which were fun, and the sword letter opener which was BY FAR the coolest thing of all!!!). I opened him up and tossed his space garb and knee pads into the spare parts bin where I'm sure they will remain forever, and then got to customizing his barbarian head. I'm going to paint He-Man's hair black and glue it on Vykron's head, which could be tricky since it is WAY smaller than He-Man's. I'm excited to get this finished and post pics in the customs forum. It's a cool set--not great, at all, but cool and fun. Tankor (as I call him) is my favorite, though.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    And yet they packaged it in a great big (way too big, IMO) package to showcase all the craptacular work.
    I'm hoping they use that same box for the FFM 3 pack instead of Swift Wind's box like they did with The Star Sisters, cuz hopefully that'll reduce the shipping costs a little.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    My three Vykrons showed up today (purchased from an Internet retailer who was at SDCC). I don't usually buy multiple versions of a character, but with Vykron, the three looks were so different that I decided to give it a whirl. I was firmly convinced that I'd like the barbarian look, thought I'd like the Space Ace, and thought Tank Top probably was a bit too goofy. On top of that, reading the mixed bag that some people have had with him in this thread made me get a little worried, and the fact that the Space Ace kit was kind of cheap-looking as it was packaged didn't help matters.

Then I opened them up, put on the gear, stood them on an empty shelf...

And now, I'm completely sold - I think all three are fantastic!

Granted, he's not the absolute best figure in the line, but definitely not the worst, either. I didn't have any real quality control problems to speak of, and all three sets seemed to be of a consistent, and definitely acceptable, quality. The only paint issue I had were smudges of black paint on the back of the head when I took off the barbarian hair/helmet to put on the Space Ace helmet, but those are completely covered up by the helmet, or if you wanted to put the barbarian hair/helmet back on. The joints were admittedly a bit stiff as packaged, but after the first time you move them, mine became as easy to position as any other figure in the line. I was also worried about whether the clip-on parts would be shoddy and flop around, but they're quite sturdy, and molded to fit Vykron (although the impressions on the interior of the shin pieces in particular should allow them to snap onto any figure with a fur boot). About the only bad thing I have to say about the figure is that the Space Ace harness is a pain to get on (after the first 20 minutes of cursing and futility, I ended up stretching the back belt hole out with the butt of Vykron's axe, which seemed to help).

For whatever reason, as awful as that Space Ace gear looks in the box, when you put it on Vykron, somehow it ends up working aesthetically. Heck, I even thought the face on Tank Top ended up being kind of menacing/creepy rather than goofy when I had him in hand. And the paint apps and shading on the Barbarian gear (particularly the straps on the harness) are very well done. So, at least based on my three Vykrons, I'd have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised overall!