Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Vykron SDCC/arrival thread

Has anyone tried mixing and matching armor pieces? I think I'm going to put the Barbarian chest piece on Vykor, and try some combination of Tank Top and Space Ace for Vykron himself. But that orange armor doesn't go with flesh tone well at all...

I wish weapons packs came with extra heads.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wun2 III View Post
    bcrduke pretty much sums it up.

Being a complietist, I picked up 4...
    3 to display loose in each outfit and 1 to keep MIB

[
    your homage was literally the first thing to ever make me even consider really wanting this figure, I kid you not.

And I like how you handled the visor.

For now I'll just stick to getting a Con version MIB, and not even immediately though.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone know why Barbarian Vykron wears the Stanley Cup on his head?

Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisware View Post
    Does anyone know why Barbarian Vykron wears the Stanley Cup on his head?

Just wondering.
    If it actually was the Stanley Cup, I might buy this thing

After seeing photos, I definitely can't justify $40 for a novelty that would last all of a week on my shelf. Admittedly though the army guy looks pretty cool, but looks out of place a bit with the US army motif.
    The Mandalorian head also looks great, but the rest of that costume does not.

When you say $40, do you mean shipping?

Got my extra Vykron in the mail yesterday, now have all 3 version on display. Used an extra He-Man for the military gear.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    I got my 2nd Vykron today.

The first one I got was the SDCC Barbarian one. I bought it from a guy who did presales on Ebay.

Today I got my Tank Vykron from Matty. Since it was over 100 degrees here today, he was a bit rubbery, but hey, so was She-Ra when she came out. I popped her in the fridge, as I also did with Vykron, and the figs firmed up.

I am keeping the SDCC version MOC. I opened the Tank Vykron and quickly dressed him as Barbarian Vykron. I took an old armor rack from a vintage Castle Grayskull and displayed all Vykron's other outfits/weapons behind him. He looks pretty cool standing there along with Battle Ground Teela and Vikor.

Nice figure. No paint problems. That was my major worry!

Terrific shots SCB!!!

I'll put the rest in the photo thread.

Last edited by AdultCollector; July 31, 2012 at 11:23am.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    When you say $40, do you mean shipping?
    Yes, with shipping.

Great ! Nice Shots ;-)
    The Barbarian is very cool !

Got mine today. It's the SDCC version so I got him from eBay. While the figure's design is awesome and looked perfect packed, when I opened the box, it felt quite lightweight. The joints were tight, but so tight that you feel that you'll damage the figure by posing it.

...and the truth is not far from that. I was testing all the joints and after a few ups and downs of the arms, I got two chips off the upper part of the shoulders from minimal contact with the torso buck! Now my Vykron looks like he has two moles on his upper shoulder!

It appears that the skintone is just a paintjob and the actual colour of the plastic is dark, possibly black. That was definitely not the case previously, as my sister plays with a (2010 Original) He-Man and the play wear caused scars that don't show any discoloration.

No wonder the line, no matter how awesome, is facing such trouble. If this continues, the figures become completely innapropirate for being played by/with children. Just articulated statues that you have to pose with extreme caution!
    Last edited by Dr_SLUMP; July 31, 2012 at 09:03am.
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Just got mine I like him a lot
    Oh well whatever never mind.

I got my Tank Top Vykron today! I immediately changed him into the barbarian and put him on display with Titus and Vikor - he looks great next to those two! I held off on getting extra Vykrons because I wasn't sure how I would like the figure, but I think he turned out really well. I might pick up another one or two from an etailer so that I can display the Space Suit and Tank Top figures now.

Thank you for the compliment! I think Vykron's space suit looks much better on a He-Man body. That burnt orange really rounds out the design.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I got my Vykron about a half hour ago and I hate him. The sculpt itself is fine, as he actually looks pretty cool in person. I like his armor attachments, but my problem comes from the fact that those armor attachments are impossible to put on him. I cannot get the barbrian strap on his right side to lock into the cape, so it really makes it hard to look at him as a display piece. Not to mention the space pieces are impossible to get on him as well. It's like the pieces are too gummy to lock in, which is very annoying. Not to mention the paint job is very sloppy. There are paint pieces hanging off his elbows, paint chips on his armor bracelts, and his face looks like it was painted in a hurry. Because of this, I give this figure a 1/5. Very disappointing and NOT worth $30.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I would give it design wise 8/10 but for built quality only 3/10 :/

I am having less trouble than you fitting the accessories but the body bucks being black and just painted over in skin color is unforgivable.
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Got my Vykron today and I absolutely love him! I kinda wish I had two more so I could display him all three ways. I wanted to try putting the space armor on a TRU Zodac, but I couldn't get the Zodac armor off.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Great shots of one of my all-time favorite exclusives! I actually bought two and I rarely do that. Not sure what to do with the 2nd one yet, but I'm sure something will present itself.

Mine should be coming tomorrow, but I've thought of one thing: For the folks using electrical tape to make a visor...how are you doing it? Are you just putting the sticky side out, or are you doing a sort of double-up where you put another one over the top of the sticky side? I've been admiring the look of the job, but I don't know the details!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Court Magician
    Could someone who purchased the Space Ace packaging variant please share the UPC code and the product number (the 5 digit number usually starting with Y or W -- Y1949 for Tank Top, for example), please?

Quote Originally Posted by richalot View Post
    Could someone who purchased the Space Ace packaging variant please share the UPC code and the product number (the 5 digit number usually starting with Y or W -- Y1949 for Tank Top, for example), please?
    Space Ace was Y1950.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_SLUMP View Post
    I would give it design wise 8/10 but for built quality only 3/10 :/

I am having less trouble than you fitting the accessories but the body bucks being black and just painted over in skin color is unforgivable.
    If you got Spikor, that is exactly the way he is... really annoyed me! Why is his body painted purple and not molded in purple? His torso is, but not his arms and legs... this has to stop ASAP!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Should have mine by tomorrow of Friday I think, hoping for the best!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

422236_446042622084069_525995379_n.jpg

Starting to make it to australia, love the design but the space belt and barbrian shin guards i gave up on. glad i have three so i can choose the best parts to use