Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Official Vykron SDCC/arrival thread

Mine arrived, I changed him from Space Ace to Barbarian and he's good to go!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Grayskull's Librarian Shadow Weaver 78's Avatar
    Until I took Vykron out of his box, I referred to him as 'That Abomination.' I gotta say, I've done a complete 180. It just goes to show how even the weirdest concept character ends up being cool once you have it in your hands.
    Go big or go home

Got him in today! I had some extra base bodies ready to go for him:

MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Space Ace was Y1950.
    Thank you! I needed the number for the photo archive here (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Mattel/...tuc_vykron.asp).

Mattel_MOTUC_Vykron_68.jpg

Mattel_MOTUC_Vykron_67.jpg

So, I was cheap and didn't want to buy 3 Vykrons. So, I put the Tank Top armor on my first edition He-man (reversed shoulders) and then I put the Space Ace armor on Thunder Punch He-man. The only problem was not having a head for that helmet. But I took an extra Spector head, shaved the top down some so it fit and painted it gloss black! I actually really like the way it turned out. But I think I'm giving up on trying to get that belt to ever close. I may just glue it.

Attachment 77840

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Received mine here in the UK today ("Tank Top" version), but he was immediately confiscated by big Sister, so I won't get him until my birthday in a couple of weeks.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

MAN this figure is cool! So much more than I thought he would be; and I was already looking forward to him! All the parts fit like a dream, and my only complaints are pretty much for the handles on the guns. I fixed the tank one, at least:

So now that fits way better and looks better too. Otherwise I can't find any faults here - even the Space Ace armor fits perfectly! So far I've got my Tank Top on a Faker body:

And I need an opinion on Space Ace. Randor Body:

or Mo-Larr body?

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I'm thinking SMAA body with the tank gear will be good. Anyone try yet?
    Can do, buddy!

Looks great save for the orange arm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I tried the SMAA one, but I think the darker MAA body looked better with the armor.

That Randor base looks pretty cool. My buddy is going to try out his extra Prince Adam, but I think I've settled on using Spikor's.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

I think I prefer the Mo-Larr body for Space Ace to the Randor.

I ordered 2 and my Spaca Ace version came with a right arm locked in place. It took a lot of effort and fear of snapping it off to get it free. Both his shoulders are difficult to raise laterally as well. Anyone else?

Court Magician IamJacksAddiction's Avatar
    So glad I sprung for three.
    IMAG0314.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...packaged-1.jpg

MAN this figure is cool! So much more than I thought he would be; and I was already looking forward to him! All the parts fit like a dream, and my only complaints are pretty much for the handles on the guns. I fixed the tank one, at least:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...200/gunfix.jpg

So now that fits way better and looks better too. Otherwise I can't find any faults here - even the Space Ace armor fits perfectly! So far I've got my Tank Top on a Faker body:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...%200/TankF.jpg

And I need an opinion on Space Ace. Randor Body:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../SpaceAceR.jpg

or Mo-Larr body?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../SpaceAceM.jpg

Can do, buddy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...%200/TankM.jpg

I suggst you to use the space ace with faker and the tank with King Randor....
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Are other fans with multiples using them as seperate characters? Think I'll christen mine as "Tank-or" (with apologies to the Transformer with that name) and pick up another to use as barbarian Vykron (who'll complement Vikor nicely)
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Just got told by my wife that mine just arrived.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Got my 2 today and have a 3rd on the way. I wasnt going to get 3 but dangit Im worth it! lol. Seriously though, I love this figure and the Space Ace armor is 1 million times cooler in person. Great idea for an exclusive and a great way to commemerate the work of Roger Sweet. I love all these guys and hoo boy do I have some left over armor
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Got mine yesterday and love him, got the tank suit on him now an I gotta say I'm digging it. I thought I would only like the warrior outfit, but I kinda look at it as we, we already have vikor and I have flipshot, not saying that the other suits a crap or anything. I just think the tank armor stands out as my favorite. I only bought one, so if I figure out how to display all three, I will defiantly do so. Again, love this figure.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Can do, buddy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...%200/TankM.jpg

Thanks, Alexx. I like how the tek textures go with the armor textures. Now he just needs armored trunks...

I also am using the Mo-Larr body for Space Ace, but for mine I am just having him without the gauntlets- as I feel the blue gloves look really great with the rest of the armor. Plus the paler skin tone makes the grey & orange armor stand out more. For weapons, he has the pistol and a long axe from the Weapons Rak. I gave Tank Top the Space Ace gun so he can go into battle fully loaded!

Got all mine a few days ago. Really cool figure. But both guns really cheap. And the shotgun for space ace it just dosent fit well.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Yeah the shotgun doesn't seem to hold well in any figure's hands. Shame too, wanted him to duel weild.

The shotguns don't exist in my cannon.

Woohoo! My Vykron came today!

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I ordered 2 and my Spaca Ace version came with a right arm locked in place. It took a lot of effort and fear of snapping it off to get it free. Both his shoulders are difficult to raise laterally as well. Anyone else?
    Yeah, same here. I worked his arms up and down a few times and everything turned out okay. How's the color matching on yours? The arms and torso are very slightly different shades.

I gave the Vykron the Barbarian gear to Vikor. He looks great with the long loincloth, horned helmet, and proto-He-Man chestpiece. He's like... complete. The only drag is that the green paint on his weapons looks bad with the blue highlights on the Vykron gear.

Vykron himself is now a combo of Tank Top and Space Ace. He's wearing the Tank Top armor but the Space Ace helmet. The orange of the helmet matches okay with the red gems on his bracers, so it doesn't look too outlandish. Or you could put Space Ace's bracers on him. I wish I could get the belt on him. The Tank Top armor has these two little holes that almost look like they'd accomodate the pegs on the Space Ace belt, but they're nowhere near deep enough. I'm thinking of getting some kinda sticky tack to put the jetpack on him. I think that'd look really good.

The rest of the Space Ace gear and Tank boots ended up getting drawer'd. I want to like the Tank Top head, but I just can't. It almost looks like it should come with a little base so it can act as his sidekick, kinda like a doomseeker.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The shotguns don't exist in my cannon.
    bahahahah!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Now I just need to get an extra Thunder Punch He-man body; switch that Space Ace gear onto it and make the main body the barbarian. And also...dust this shelf...

I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!