Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Official Vykron SDCC/arrival thread

HAHAHAHAHAHA good pic

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Widget
    Very funny, that last shot of him sitting in the corner is the best.

I bought Vykron and a Snake Man-At-Arms to play mix & match, upgrading my MAA and putting the tank stuff on the old MAA body. I call him Tanks-A-Lot, and I cast him as a robot guardian from Earth that protected Captain Glenn in space, salvaged by MAA to be Marlena's bodyguard.

The barbarian Vykron, I was largely indifferent about. I thought I could use him as an alternate He-man body but the skin tone doesn't match with the head I have. Some guys seem to like this face better than the current He-Man sculpt, to me he looks like Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger.

I wasn't very interested in Space Ace either, the leg parts look bulky and dumb, like something from Inhumanoids. Like some others in this thread I discovered that UK Horde Prime's head goes really well with the Space Ace vest, and that's what I currently have on my Vykron body. I'm going to look around for a better body to use to that end, but overall I'd say I'm satisfied with my purchase.

{edit: whoops, looks like I got the same picture twice}
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got mine up and on display. I used a He-Man buck for Tank Top and Mo-Larr for Space Ace.

Under the screen, Space Ace's head is the reptilian royal guard guy, just to fit the helmet and hold it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Just FYI, I don't know if the tank parts will work on the Palace Guard boots, so I woudln't bust one open until you can test them on another figure with the same boots.
    Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    That is awesome. Wow, the helmet color matches pretty well. I was wondering how that would look, the orange with the green, and now I know! It's actually kind of cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    I put the Tank Top parts on one of my Palace Guards, and they fit really well. (Excuse the crappy pic!)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...IMAG0204-1.jpg
    Awesome, thanks! Good to know. Looks like I might be breaking into a Palace Guard set after all!

Are they intentionally holding hands or just a weird angle lol? I like the Icarius buck as Space Ace.

Found the right weapon for Tank Top from this very line

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    Rock out, man! Spector takes Vykron forward in time to help his future self defeat Gygor! This move becomes known as the Vykron Time Travel Tag Team!

I've been experimenting with him myself. This is TP He-Man's body with Preternia Disguise He-Man head and boots. (The Vykron shin guards keep these normally terribly wobbly ankles stable.)

I want to try a Snout Spout body next...

I just posted an animated review of Vykron

Support the 2014 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzchuck View Post
    I just posted an animated review of Vykron

http://youtu.be/wbgRZXRrjBQ
    I love your reviews! They are a lot of fun to watch!

Found a better solution to Manda-Lor's visor than black tape. No idea why I didn't do this sooner, but I am very happy with the results. I love this SDCC set more as time goes on.

Heroic Bounty Hunter!

I just got my Matty Vykron and it is extremely evident the difference between his chest and arms plastic color tone. is this the same for other people?
    Last month my Griffin had 2 legs falling off and now this. Jeez, I do hope Ram Man comes right
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    I gotta say...his bio is a little stupid.
    Why go into to detail about being ripped in half? I know these are directed at the 'bigger kids'...but at the end of the day, they are still toys.
    I was hoping after he got ripped in half...he'd get made into his tank form or something.

Val Kilmer using photoshop to pretend he's still in shape?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I just got my Matty Vykron and it is extremely evident the difference between his chest and arms plastic color tone. is this the same for other people?
    Last month my Griffin had 2 legs falling off and now this. Jeez, I do hope Ram Man comes right
    I wanted to ask about this, because I've heard conflicting reports.

I've heard from people who ordered the spaceman version who said that his torso was also painted. I ordered the tank version, and his torso is not painted.

So to everybody with a Vykron, which version did you order and is his torso painted? I'm wondered if they factory cheaped out on the tank version because his torso is mainly covered.

Got my Vykron. Finally.

Tank-Top's faces/nose was bent. Both guns were warped by the pkging. All of this tank-stuff went into my spare box (the head will never return).

Thankfully, no paint issues on Vyrkon himself.

I spent a half-hour whittling down Vykron's head so that it would fit properly under his barbarian helmet (i.e. over his forehead and just covering his eye-brows).

Vykron strikingly resembles Rudolf Nureyev.

Then I spent a half-hour whittling down a spare He-Man head so that it would fit into Vyrkon's "Space Ace" helmet. I put the grey/orange gauntlets, orange vest and grey belt onto the spare He-Man - once I'd cut off the vertical piece of that belt to be rid of the "Space-Diaper" look. He nows just appears to wear a belt and looks like a decent barbarian extra with a Trojan-style helm.

- - - Updated - - -

Some pictures - note the cut-off belt on Space-Ace & the lowered helm on the Babarian:

GEDC0193.jpg

GEDC0226.jpg

GEDC0228.jpg
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; August 24, 2012 at 10:44am.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

online with my office computer in Liverpool

I was going to use the Tankguys as King He-Man's guards with SMAA bodies, but it didn't look too good, I picked up these "Wundar prototypes" on ebay quite cheaply, they're a dull black colour and i think they make these guys look more evil, so am proably going to move them to the Horde

Space pirates!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Snappy Threader
    Those tank dudes in black are rockin!

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I have a request. Can someone put Space Ace armor on an Optikk body. I think the orange and gold would go well together but I need to see it.

So, I got a Vykron during the black friday sale.
    Is this guy a 'slam dunk', as TG stated? Not at all. And not worth $30. But I'm glad I waited and got him on discount. He looks great and has a lot of play value, even if that's hurt by frustrating armor pieces. No black plastic issues on mine, although I can see how easy that could happen (there are a few very tiny spots).

Space Ace: I can't believe the 4H sculpted some of these pieces (the diaper, shinpads). It is beneath them. The design team messed up as well with the way the armor is supposed to snap on. Neither the sculpt of the pieces, nor their functionality, are worthy of the MOTUC line.
    However, the clip on wrist pieces, vest and jetpack aren't that bad. Kind of cool, but still nowhere near as detailed as they should be. Emiliano's design was waaaay better.

Tank Top: Well done for an un-eternain design. Mine has a very warped gun, and the cannon on the head piece is bent. But it looks kind of cool that way, like a battle damaged helmet that was non-functional anyway. I currently have him displayed in this form. I've been switching him up an awful lot and he's gotten more 'play' out of me than I thought he would.

The Barbarian: is awesome. He looks great with Vikor and other like-minded warriors. I got him together with Vikor actually, and I'm enjoying them both.
    The gloves/chest harness/fur are all awesome. While the Space Ace diaper is hard to put together, the barbarian armor's snap on is no picnic either. Otherwise, I like this guy a lot, despite the silly helmet. The Axe is awesome too. It would have been nice if he had come with helmetless hair, and the shinpads could have been done a little better, but otherwise he rocks.

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry for the bump...
    Just wondering what Lord Choloh looks like and if there's anymore information about him?