View Poll Results: Who is the funniest stooge?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moe

    3 23.08%
  • Larry

    3 23.08%
  • Curly

    7 53.85%
  • Shemp

    0 0%
  • Joe

    0 0%
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Who is the funniest stooge?

  1. #1
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,021

    Who is the funniest stooge?

    Which of the Three Stooges is the most hilarious?

    a) Moe
    b) Larry
    c) Curly
    d) Shemp
    e) Joe

    I'm going with Moe. They try to portray him as being slightly more competent than the others which somehow makes him more hilarious, since he is one of them in the end.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,610
    I voted Larry.

    I liked Larry.

  3. #3
    R. A. Winkelmann krugos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Valencia, Venezuela
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I voted Larry.

    I liked Larry.
    Me too, Larry tops my list.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

  4. #4
    Plundor Promoter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,050
    Curly...loved the clam chowder skit as a kid.

  5. #5
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,021
    Finally, some action on this thread

    I hate to have to admit it, but I don't really like Curly that much at all. I prefer Shemp over Curly, he was too over the top and overacted.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  6. #6
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,973
    Curly was always my favourite. but if I were to analyse it as an adult, I think Larry is the funniest. he's in the middle of the two extremes of Moe and Curly. So in terms of comedy he gets to play in both yards.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  7. #7
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,418
    Biden, of course.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior deltadod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,761
    I like em all of course but in my case.. Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Biden, of course.
    I'm not the formost expert on the 3 Stooges lore but I don't think he's one of them.

    now I'm guessing you're thinking:
    1. you mistook this for a "other forum" topic
    2. you mistook this for a tar swamp topic

    With that said how can you pick him over Dan Quayle?

    also shouldn't you be busy O.D.ing on Colleg football

    Stoogies are awesome & funny. (there. now the modes can't delete my post or repremand me)

  10. #10
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,418
    Thanks for that well deserved chastisement. midor.

    Yeah, I guess I should have saved this for The Tar Swamp. Btw, to your own point, Quayle is not one of the Stooges...although perhaps a case could be made that both he and Biden should be Stooges.

    As for college football -- you know me well. But as I've just posted in the Other Discussions forum, it was a pretty ho-hum start this weekend.

    Anyway, apologies to mods if I've overstepped here and I'll refrain from doing it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I'm not the formost expert on the 3 Stooges lore but I don't think he's one of them.

    now I'm guessing you're thinking:
    1. you mistook this for a "other forum" topic
    2. you mistook this for a tar swamp topic

    With that said how can you pick him over Dan Quayle?

    also shouldn't you be busy O.D.ing on Colleg football

    Stoogies are awesome & funny. (there. now the modes can't delete my post or repremand me)

  11. #11
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,021
    Did anyone spring for the DVD's? Would I be better off going for the complete collection or buying individual volumes?
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Thanks for that well deserved chastisement. midor.

    Yeah, I guess I should have saved this for The Tar Swamp. Btw, to your own point, Quayle is not one of the Stooges...although perhaps a case could be made that both he and Biden should be Stooges.

    As for college football -- you know me well. But as I've just posted in the Other Discussions forum, it was a pretty ho-hum start this weekend.

    Anyway, apologies to mods if I've overstepped here and I'll refrain from doing it again.
    Chastise?

    I was trying to respond your funny post with a funny post with a funny post of my own.

  13. #13
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,418
    And my response to your post was offered in fun as well.

    I think that's the problem with the web sometimes -- it's tough to tell if one was being serious or trying to be funny. I get that you were being funny. I was trying to be so in return. No problems here.

    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Chastise?

    I was trying to respond your funny post with a funny post with a funny post of my own.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,039
    I voted for Curly not only because he's the craziest of the Stooges, but he also has a song named after one of his moves (The Curly Shuffle).
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

    "To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •