Page 51 of 188 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Right, so we have ONE other vintage POP toy character coming in 2013?

Way to convince me to sub-up, Toyguru. This is precisely why I haven't, for the last few years. That's less than 10% of the line.

You seriously need to change your business model in 2014. Based on a combination of your posts, we'll be getting Queen Angella in 2013 and Glimmer, Castaspella and Mermista in 2014 (or a different combination). It's just not enough. You underestimate the power of POP.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Right, so we have ONE other vintage POP toy character coming in 2013?

Way to convince me to sub-up, Toyguru. This is precisely why I haven't, for the last few years. That's less than 10% of the line.

You seriously need to change your business model in 2014. Based on a combination of your posts, we'll be getting Queen Angella in 2013 and Glimmer, Castaspella and Mermista in 2014 (or a different combination). It's just not enough. You underestimate the power of POP.
    The problem is that we won't get to Glimmer, Castaspella and Mermista if the sub doesn't go through. Fans unfortunately have to buy the 2013 sub and get figures that you don't want to eventually get the ones that you do want in 2014.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

TWO NA Characters!
    I can't hardly believe my eyes!!! Whoooo.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    TWO NA Characters!
    I can't hardly believe my eyes!!! Whoooo.
    It better be out of NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, Flogg and Hydron. I think Sagitar is out since he's a large scale beast/deluxe figure--unless he's some sort of special non-sub purchase.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The problem is that we won't get to Glimmer, Castaspella and Mermista if the sub doesn't go through. Fans unfortunately have to buy the 2013 sub and get figures that you don't want to eventually get the ones that you do want in 2014.
    And that is precisely the problem with this business model and the reason many fans have been turning away over the years.

A sub lure of Adora and we just get She-Ra.
    A sub lure of Bow and we just get Catra and Swift Wind.
    A sub lure of the Star Sisters and Shadow Weaver and we just get Frosta.

There is easily enough room for three or four Great Rebellion characters per year.

What a joke.

Two vintage POP figures doesn't mean that's all the POP figures. It might just mean the only "Great Rebellion" figures. We could get Scorpia in the mix. Or maybe Scorpia and Octavia. I'd be happy with four "POP" character in total. Plus, that means that many more should be coming in 2014.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Two vintage POP figures doesn't mean that's all the POP figures. It might just mean the only "Great Rebellion" figures. We could get Scorpia in the mix. Or maybe Scorpia and Octavia. I'd be happy with four "POP" character in total. Plus, that means that many more should be coming in 2014.
    I agree. That's where I have a problem sympathizing wit the pop crowd. This is motuc...two gr members along with other pop filmation characters is more than enough and fair. If its not enough to know your getting another gr girl and two na which is a third of the subscription than I don't know what is! Add two filmation POP and that's half....its fair!

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Well that seems to be the update, still not at the minimum yet and we lost more than 50% of the subs.
    Man I was really hoping we were at least getting close! I gotta hear the context in which he said he "was sure" the 2013 sub would go through on RGD. If it weren't for clipping my fingernails I'd be bitting them right now lol.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    It doesn't make business sense to have these guys as a three-pack in the sub. As cool as they might look, you're one of a handful of people who has a nostalgic attachment to them. They were background characters whose faces and bodies were almost completely obscured by their model kit vehicles. Most people had never seen or heard of them.

As it stands, any three-pack would have been a bad idea, although a Filmation characters three-pack would have gone down a lot better with most people.
    I continue to believe that a Horde Trooper 3 pack would have cut this deficit in half at least by now and ultimately go well past the minimum for the line. 100's of dollars on obscure stuff isn't going to do it! Mattel knows what we want... So produce it and we'll buy... At least most of us will
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I'm guessing Octavia in 2013 & Scorpia in 2014 for Filmation POP and Hydron in 2013 & Flogg in 2014 for NA. I'll guess the second NA character for 2013 will be either NA He-Man or Skeletor.

He also said "at least two vintage" So it could be three for POP and also include Madam Razz w/Broom and/or Sea Hawk. We could also get General Saunders which can be either GR or Horde. I'm really excited for 2013 and can't wait to buy my sub on pay day...tomorrow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Man I was really hoping we were at least getting close! I gotta hear the context in which he said he "was sure" the 2013 sub would go through on RGD. If it weren't for clipping my fingernails I'd be bitting them right now lol.
    But we surpassed the minimum last year by a bit, so losing half shouldn'y mean we are currently at 50% of the minimum? I would say we have hit at least 70% minimum so far. I hope this is the case and 2 full weeks left. We should be extra fine hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    But we surpassed the minimum last year by a bit, so losing half shouldn'y mean we are currently at 50% of the minimum? I would say we have hit at least 70% minimum so far. I hope this is the case and 2 full weeks left. We should be extra fine hopefully
    Actually he said 60-70 down, but we should be close to being close. I hope.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't see them ever confirming that we've hit the minimum until it's over. I expect a lot of "we're not close, but not quite there".

a lot of us don't get paid till after the first, so with luck it will pick up then

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    If sub sales are down 60-70% (let's go with 70), doesn't that mean we're only 20% away from hitting the minimum? Since the subs would be okay if they dropped 50%? ...or am I looking at it wrong?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    No, Scott confirmed that that's about where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    If sub sales are down 60-70% (let's go with 70), doesn't that mean we're only 20% away from hitting the minimum? Since the subs would be okay if they dropped 50%? ...or am I looking at it wrong?
    Close to being close. I'd call it "close" from 5% away. Now I'm feeling nerdy.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Hmmm 2 NA figures... probably Hydron and Flogg. I defiantly would prefer them to He-man or Skeletor.

I'll hold out a fool's hope for Crita to be one though

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Close to being close. I'd call it "close" from 5% away. Now I'm feeling nerdy.
    Nah not nerdy just precise. I am not feeling too awful about it anymore. A lot of people will sub the first week of August and should put some extra nails in the coffin and we will be sailing full speed ahead.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Maybe I'm looking wrong also:

1) Last year subs were 50% over the minimum
    2) This year subs are 60-70% less than last year (less than last year, not less than the minimum)

Let's do the math (and maybe I'm wrong):

Say M is the minimum; X is the number of subs sold last year; Y is the number of subs sold this year by the time Pixel Dan published those figures.

So, due to (1) X = 1.5M
    And from (2), assuming 60% less (instead of 70%) we have that Y = (100% - 60%)X = 0.4X, which means X = Y/0.4

So, it follows that Y/0.4 = 1.5M, and then Y = 0.4 x 1.5 M = 0.6M, which means that we WERE at 60% of the minimum to save 2012 BY THE TIME Pixel Dan talked to Scott.

What I don't understand is what is the math that the person asking Scott if we were 80% of the minimum did... anyways, Scott replied today that it was "about right". So, I have to think that this weekend represented a net 20% of advance, and we still need another 20%.

Am I wrong?
    Last edited by man-at-work; July 24, 2012 at 01:22am.

This is crazy.. I hate not knowing, but I'm not suprised by this either with all thats gone on.. I was waiting till today for Vykron so I could get him and my Eternia sub at once(not on the same order, I know better) Hopefully more fans had the same menality.. I don't post much, but I atleast wanted to post up and show support. Heres to hoping!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I remain optimistic that we'll make it this year, even if it's just barely. And I imagine that next year will be so filled with 80s awesomeness that it will, at the very least, squeak by too. Fingers crossed.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by ToyGurU
    Octavia or Scorpia would count as BOTH Filmation and POP and Horde and as a female just as Fang Man counts as an Evil Warrior, Fimation, male and member of the red vest club for monsters.
    Amazing. This bit of levity makes me feel warm and fuzzy, like a red sweater vest for monsters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh my, I have NO idea now! I'm just hoping most people are waiting for pay day or something like that one thread suggests.

Also, do people just not KNOW about Matty still? I mean...as of right now, there's an eBay auction for a loose, incomplete She-Ra action figure (missing her Filmation head). She's at $19.50 + $8 shipping. For almost $1.50 more, you can get her on Matty MOC WITH the extra head.

Same with Vykron. There's a LOOSE Vykron from China ONLY in his Barbarian get-up with axe. $25.58 + $9 shipping. For a little less than $5, you get ALL THREE outfits, MOC. It's also less risky getting it from Matty than China. Believe me, things coming from China can take a LONG time to get to you.

Either people do not KNOW about MattyCollector.com or they abandoned it because of the super fast sell outs, or issues with Digital River. Whatever the case...Mattel needs to find a way to get these people to their site!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 24, 2012 at 01:43am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah