Page 52 of 188 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I provide carbon dioxide for plant life!
    I figured you to be more of a sulfur kinda guy lol!
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Right, so we have ONE other vintage POP toy character coming in 2013?

Way to convince me to sub-up, Toyguru. This is precisely why I haven't, for the last few years. That's less than 10% of the line.

You seriously need to change your business model in 2014. Based on a combination of your posts, we'll be getting Queen Angella in 2013 and Glimmer, Castaspella and Mermista in 2014 (or a different combination). It's just not enough. You underestimate the power of POP.
    two out of 12 isn't less than 10%, its about 17%. Seems like a pretty fair amount for one faction if you ask me.

I think Scott is saying that we are 60-70% down from where we were at this point last year (ie - day 11 or 12 of the subscription sale). We would be ok at 50% less, but since the numbers are less than that for the first 11 to 12 days, we will have to pick up the pace compared to last year from this point forward. It's hard to know where we stand since we don't know how sales were towards the end of the sign-up period last year, so hopefully Scott can get a thermometer posted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    So true!

Me neither. It's funny that when it was revealed on the Mattypalooza video people cried out with excitement "Miro!"... Whoops!
    I know I was like omg its miro right??....no....ugh...akward!! lol
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Gas View Post
    two out of 12 isn't less than 10%, its about 17%. Seems like a pretty fair amount for one faction if you ask me.
    Well, yes and no. For POP is seems Mattel has danced around getting us the primary characters from the Great Rebellion. When most POP fans talk about getting POP characters, they are referring more to the Great Rebellion characters than female Horde members. I would be much more OK with such a minute representation if they could focus on some of the bigger POP characters. GLIMMER. ANGELLA. MERMISTA. CASTASPELLA. At the very least we need Glimmer and Queen Angella before the line dies. Those two are must haves and would really help to simmer down a lot of the POP crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I have to say that the one "answer" that bugs me is the one regarding Lazy-Eye Spikor.

Will there actually BE customer service stock?

That seems a bit dodgy...
    I don't see anything improving. All this is a great big smokescreen for people to buy more subs. Once that's accomplished, he won't care anymore.

Heroic Warrior
    It seems to me that Toyguru is still preaching to the SAME choir (persons) : those who are on toy forums and who either bought the sub or cherry picked this line for 4 years.

BUT WHAT IN TERMS OF PROMOTION AND ADVERTISEMENT TOWARD NEW POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS !?

I didn't see a thing done to promote MOTUC to new fans and customers ! No advertisement, no new cartoon, no new media other than some average comics...

Toyguru is trying to rally or convert the same public ! And parts of this public are made of fans who - despite numerous broken promises - didn't see QC improvements, didn't see any DR improvement, and in some cases bought a sub with characters who were unappealing (Spector, Vykron and co.). Some of those fans don't want a sub anymore after being screwed with delays, QC issues, no Fisto when they were subscribers with "guaranteed" figures, no combined shipping, price increases etc.

Improvements are YET to be seen... after 4 years of excuses and promises.

I think Toyguru should get to work and try to ALSO promote the MOTUC line to new customers. That's how you get new people into the line...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh my, I have NO idea now! I'm just hoping most people are waiting for pay day or something like that one thread suggests.

Also, do people just not KNOW about Matty still? I mean...as of right now, there's an eBay auction for a loose, incomplete She-Ra action figure (missing her Filmation head). She's at $19.50 + $8 shipping. For almost $1.50 more, you can get her on Matty MOC WITH the extra head.

Same with Vykron. There's a LOOSE Vykron from China ONLY in his Barbarian get-up with axe. $25.58 + $9 shipping. For a little less than $5, you get ALL THREE outfits, MOC. It's also less risky getting it from Matty than China. Believe me, things coming from China can take a LONG time to get to you.

Either people do not KNOW about MattyCollector.com or they abandoned it because of the super fast sell outs, or issues with Digital River. Whatever the case...Mattel needs to find a way to get these people to their site!
    You'll probably find that these eBay sellers offer better shipping options outside of the US. I bought a couple from one of those China eBay guys before I bought directly from Matty. I did this because the price including shipping was much less & the items had tracking & arrived quickly. Since then I've only bought from Matty as some of the China figures weren't up to scratch or incomplete. With the way things are now though I'll probably go through a re-seller if the price increase means I'll have to pay customs on international shipping. I might end up paying a couple of dollars more but I'm sure I'll recieve the items much sooner than the 5-6 weeks it takes DR to ship to Australia & I'll have the option of pre-ordering. FWIW DR ship to Australia via Luxembourg

Originally Posted by kup
    I don't see anything improving. All this is a great big smokescreen for people to buy more subs. Once that's accomplished, he won't care anymore.
    What's even better is that it works. One video and people who were upset are now ready to sub up again.

Originally Posted by Prahvus
    BUT WHAT IN TERMS OF PROMOTION AND ADVERTISEMENT TOWARD NEW POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS !?
    And at $700 price point what new customer would buy a sub? It's is completely insane that Mattel follows this business model. The line will always be on the verge if it doesn't grow. Come on Toyguru, wake up!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The problem is that we won't get to Glimmer, Castaspella and Mermista if the sub doesn't go through. Fans unfortunately have to buy the 2013 sub and get figures that you don't want to eventually get the ones that you do want in 2014.
    Well personally I buy them because I want them all, Sure there are plenty I like more than others, but if you're in this for just POP I would think then subbing would never be for you. And yes I know if there are'nt enough subscribers the 2013 line doesn't fully go through. But people have gone 20+ years without these and going forever isn't going to really affect anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    If sub sales are down 60-70% (let's go with 70), doesn't that mean we're only 20% away from hitting the minimum? Since the subs would be okay if they dropped 50%? ...or am I looking at it wrong?
    The message that subs are down and more than ever and it could have lost 50% last year and it would have been fine so people are looking at just those comments. Well more than likely the budget could have been expanded and with the newly tooled figures and parts this may have raised the number of subs to move forward this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

I didn't see a thing done to promote MOTUC to new fans and customers !
    Quote Originally Posted by FAN-DOR View Post
    And at $700 price point what new customer would buy a sub? It's is completely insane that Mattel follows this business model. The line will always be on the verge if it doesn't grow. Come on Toyguru, wake up!!
    There's nothing to grow, the line is winding down, (nearly) all the vintage characters have been released. Anyone who's interested in what's left to produce is aware of MOTUC already, that's why they're focusing on completionists at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by blogjammer View Post
    You'll probably find that these eBay sellers offer better shipping options outside of the US. I bought a couple from one of those China eBay guys before I bought directly from Matty. I did this because the price including shipping was much less & the items had tracking & arrived quickly. Since then I've only bought from Matty as some of the China figures weren't up to scratch or incomplete. With the way things are now though I'll probably go through a re-seller if the price increase means I'll have to pay customs on international shipping. I might end up paying a couple of dollars more but I'm sure I'll recieve the items much sooner than the 5-6 weeks it takes DR to ship to Australia & I'll have the option of pre-ordering. FWIW DR ship to Australia via Luxembourg
    You'll receive them a lot quicker,i have started purchasing from a friend on ebay,just got my Spikor this morning with no lazy eye,so thats only seven days.I waited six weeks in February for my sub figures getting to me in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by FAN-DOR View Post
    What's even better is that it works. One video and people who were upset are now ready to sub up again.
    I think Scott should go into politics. He knows how to manipulated the gullible masses with fear mongering and the same already broken promises. Reminds me of the 2004 US elections to the point that I am expecting him to say that he has a mandate from Jeebus to sell subs.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think Scott should go into politics. He knows how to manipulated the gullible masses with fear mongering and the same already broken promises. Reminds me of the 2004 US elections to the point that I am expecting him to say that he has a mandate from Jeebus to sell subs.
    Would you please stop calling people who think different from you names?
    First 'battered wives', now 'gullible masses'..be quiet and show some respect man!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    First 'battered wives', now 'gullible masses'..be quiet and show some respect man!
    I highly doubt that Kup called anybody a battered wife.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    He was comparing the psychological relationship that occurs when one party continually wrongs another, yet the person who is continually wronged defends and comes up with every excuse they can to excuse the person who is perpetrating the wrongs.

In this case, it was quite apt.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    He was comparing the psychological relationship that occurs when one party continually wrongs another, yet the person who is continually wronged defends and comes up with every excuse they can to excuse the person who is perpetrating the wrongs.

But that isn't name calling. Is hyper sensitivity the new hyper detail in this line?

- - - Updated - - -

And to be fair, Kup seems to have been battered himself by this years sub... he has his own motuc scars.

On a semi related note, I thought I was going to cop a battering when I told my wife about my 4 early morning Vykron purchases... she wasn't impressed with the nappy look.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    It seems to me that Toyguru is still preaching to the SAME choir (persons) : those who are on toy forums and who either bought the sub or cherry picked this line for 4 years.

I didn't see a thing done to promote MOTUC to new fans and customers ! No advertisement, no new cartoon, no new media other than some average comics...

Toyguru is trying to rally or convert the same public ! And parts of this public are made of fans who - despite numerous broken promises - didn't see QC improvements, didn't see any DR improvement, and in some cases bought a sub with characters who were unappealing (Spector, Vykron and co.). Some of those fans don't want a sub anymore after being screwed with delays, QC issues, no Fisto when they were subscribers with "guaranteed" figures, no combined shipping, price increases etc.

Improvements are YET to be seen... after 4 years of excuses and promises.

I think Toyguru should get to work and try to ALSO promote the MOTUC line to new customers. That's how you get new people into the line...
    Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    There's nothing to grow, the line is winding down, (nearly) all the vintage characters have been released. Anyone who's interested in what's left to produce is aware of MOTUC already, that's why they're focusing on completionists at this point.
    I agree with Prahvus. This line isn't friendly to fans who weren't present from at least 2011. Mattel should try to ALWAYS acquire new fans. For every fan who is leaving the line who is angered by Digital River or character selection, there could be a fan who likes what he sees and is trying to get into the line. Not going into production for older figures keeps the customer base not only small, but dwindling down from the original base. Why get into the line if you can't get the figures? If I just found out about MOTUC at SDCC, I'm in trouble. I can't get the Sorceress or Teela, Shadow Weaver costs a fortune, characters from 2012 on up aren't coming back and now the line is possibly dying.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    To each one his own reality man..yours in not more real than mine
    That's a falsehood.

No, reality is real. The Earth is round. The sky is (generally) blue. The Ocean is deep.

These are facts. These are not "opinions". They are reality.

The reality is, Scott has made many, many promises he has failed to keep. This is reality. Look back on his posts on this forum seven or eight months ago, during the Demo-man issues, to see that. "A few weeks..." "Very soon..." and here it is, almost August and nothing.

Then go back a little further. And a little further.

Reality. You cannot change it. You can choose not to accept it, but you cannot call that "opinion". An opinion is "does this skirt look good with this dress", not "I'm of the opinion that Scott never made those promises in writing that he failed to accomplish."

They can still do the Fan Choice character if the budget has been already set. 2014 is going to be the 80's figure year.

I think some of those choices are in trouble since their companion figures might never get made if the 2015 sub never gets off the ground. Imagine getting the Green Mask of Power Demon, but not getting the Red Demon? Or getting Illumina, but not her cat, Sleetah? If the line is truly on borrowed time, then the winner would have to be a one and done character. Mattel might pick a winner no matter who really wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I don't think it's been specifically addressed, at least not that I've seen. I think like everything else in 2013, it is dependent upon the sub (and the line as a whole) going forward. As long as enough people buy subs, I think we will still get whatever the winning figure is. ToyGuru keeps saying how they can't make any changes to the 2013 plan, and making the winning character has been part of that plan, so my guess is that we would will get the winning figure provided that the line isn't canceled. The changes in the originally planned line up won't happen until 2014 (if the line lasts that long).
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    2013 cannot be changed. It's untouchable, unless the minimum subs don't go through.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Given how many times Scott has reiterated that the 2013 line is locked in, I would assume that they intend to honor the vote.
    Thanks for the responses, guys. I did see where Scott said 2013 was locked-in, but since everything is still in flux with the #1 choice potentially changing I thought maybe that would be the one slot they could still effect in these desperate times. heheh You know if, say, they wanted to insert a vintage POP figure to get more folks onboard. I know it's probably unlikely, but thought I'd check anyway.

Heroic Warrior
    But that isn't name calling. Is hyper sensitivity the new hyper detail in this line?
    Yes, exactly. People were oversensitive to the term, but it's an accepted term in discourse nonetheless, and the situation with some portions of the community is eerily accurate...if anyone doubts it, go read the clinical definition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Thanks for the responses, guys. I did see where Scott said 2013 was locked-in, but since everything is still in flux with the #1 choice potentially changing I thought maybe that would be the one slot they could still effect in these desperate times. heheh You know if, say, they wanted to insert a vintage POP figure to get more folks onboard. I know it's probably unlikely, but thought I'd check anyway.
    Scott said today that there were 2 vintage PoP and 2 vintage NA in the 2013, but that wouldn't include possible Filmation like Scorpia, etc.

I'm assuming the 2 includes Neotessa, which means 1 additional PoP vintage character next year.

For crying out loud, he can't have it both ways, though - "we are so locked in we cannot ditch Fighting Foe Men or make any changes to 2013", but "We cannot even reveal all the character names because things change and we can't predict..."

I mean, can he at least keep his story straight one post to the next? We know month to month, week to week he contradicts himself, but now he's contradicting himself from what he says five minutes before.

Are you sure you should be bringing this up again, after a Mod has explicitly told everyone not to?

He didn't. Some people have either missed the point, or are trying to just stir trouble!!

Yes, exactly. People were oversensitive to the term, but it's an accepted term in discourse nonetheless, and the situation with some portions of the community is eerily accurate...
    Perhaps "Stockholm Syndrome" is less offensive for some people! Not quite the same thing, but it's worth a google.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

Ugh, two NA characters ... they better be NA He-Man and NA Skeletor.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    And to be fair, Kup seems to have been battered himself by this years sub... he has his own motuc scars.

Nah, that's not from the subscription. Those are from the Decepticons.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/7/72/Carshowblowupkup.jpg

Nah, that's not from the subscription. Those are from the Decepticons.
    lol

Scott should actually work for Hasbro on the Decepticon division. He is so good at it given all the blind following he has.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Are you sure you should be bringing this up again, after a Mod has explicitly told everyone not to?

He didn't. Some people have either missed the point, or are trying to just stir trouble!!
    Thanks guys! Good to see that the art of reading comprehension hasn't been completely lost
    Last edited by kup; July 24, 2012 at 07:22am.