Page 179 of 188 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    If I'm part of 110%, then that means a possible better tooling budget for 2014 or for a cool item outside of the sub. .
    yeah... I'm torn on THAT concept too... They use the tooling budget in ways I dont aprove of. Instead of more unique sculpts and better accesories/QC/paint... we get concept figures and more SKUs.... Thus raising the prices of the sub more..

If they took the 25 item subs from last year, and took that tooling into 12-14 figures with AWESOME paint aps I'd like it a LOT more...

In a line with as much reused parts... we should have PLENTY of budget for 2014. We don't really NEED oversized giants... or $90 figures... 3 packs that aren't a bargain...etc. etc....

It's NICE.... but not in an 'all or nothing' sub structure

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    If there is and they post here between now and midnight PST just to be nasty and point fingers, there isn't enough tar and feathers to finish the job this group will do on them!!!!!
    That is my concern. If the sub gets cancelled will the fandom then turn on each other and blame one another?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    That is my concern. If the sub gets cancelled will the fandom then turn on each other and blame one another?
    Yes, pretty much.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I think a lot of us have come together. Yodafreakmaster's campaign this past weekend was awesome.

If the sub fails, then Mattel is solely to blame, especially if they were foolish enough not to dangle the Horde Troopers or whatever wanted army builder pack instead of the Fighting Foe Men. If they blame the price increase so much, they should have put a better 2013 lineup to compliment Jitsu and Ram Man to compensate. If 2013 is a failure, it rests at Mattel, not us.

But let's hope this time tomorrow, we're sitting at 100%, get our 2013 sub, and aim for 2014 (to finish most characters). That's all we can do (and perhaps encourage the last second subbers to jump in tonight).

I bought 2 subs...its all I can afford.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Sub sales will actually be open all night to account for any time zone issues. We'll give you guys the verdict in the am. But in all honesty, we are really there guys! This weekend got a huge boost and sales have been strong all day. I was definately concerned due to such a decrease out the gate. We won't be in "line extension or expansion" mode, but as far as the bare min to move forward at least with 2013 as planned, the fans really stepped up and I hope to have great news in the am!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Sub sales will actually be open all night to account for any time zone issues. We'll give you guys the verdict in the am. But in all honesty, we are really there guys! This weekend got a huge boost and sales have been strong all day. I was definately concerned due to such a decrease out the gate. We won't be in "line extension or expansion" mode, but as far as the bare min to move forward at least with 2013 as planned, the fans really stepped up and I hope to have great news in the am!
    Good news. These guys really tried their best to pull for the line.

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

He-Man needs a Battle Ram, help keep hope alive, buy a sub!

It's already sculpted!!!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    TG, we all love this line! The fans here stepped up. I hope Mattel keeps its loyal fans happy.

Looking forward to the good news in the morning.
    Last edited by The All American; August 6, 2012 at 10:42pm.

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've said for weeks I'm not going to subscribe...but in the 11th hour what do I do? yeah Matty's got me for another year.

Well that's sounding VERY promising!

no $ for a 3rd sub but i did get 2, that's 1 more from last year....hope i helped lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    VERY exciting to hear. I hope for a great 2013 and if/when we get to 2014, I REALLY hope all is well and there's no percentage drama.

Anyway, I did the best I could do on my limited income. 1 1/2 subs for me.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    I have an incomplete GHOSTBUSTERS collection that proves otherwise. They will have no issue pulling the sub if 100% isn't met.
    You REALLY think GB was anywhere near 92%? If so, then WOW.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Great news, thanks for letting us know, Toyguru. I had to keep you guessing by buying my 2 subs at the last minute! I only tonight realised how good the new option should be for DHL international shipping, so that tipped me over the edge. Well, that and the hint of a Horde Trooper 2-pack!..

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    I resisted the lure as long as I could. 1 more in my cart before the deadline. Crom-darn you, Matty - 3 subs for me!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Thank you for this post. I know it's no guarantee, but it is appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    He-Man needs a Battle Ram, help keep hope alive, buy a sub!

http://www.mastersunbound.com/box%20...attle_ram3.jpg

It's already sculpted!!!

http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...to07241045.jpg
    Don't taunt me. I want that battle ram soooooooo badly. Was so sad the wind raider came out before that amazing sculpt...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I honestly believe that if you give us a stellar 2013 with no DR issues, 2014 will see a return of those that we have lost.

Thanks Toyguru! LONG LIVE MOTUC!!!
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

Mission Accomplished men! (and ladies)

Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Can't wait for next year. Also can't wait for some of the guys this year.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

That is great news; all I can do is one sub this year. Locked it down within a couple days of Mattypalooza. Hopefully one sub is going to always be considered better than none. To everyone who's been doing multiple subs and especially to Yodafreakmaster's campaign yesterday... wow... good show. You have my respect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HORDAK004 View Post
    I honestly believe that if you give us a stellar 2013 with no DR issues, 2014 will see a return of those that we have lost.
    I second that; I think you are very much correct. (Alongside with the promise of not another price increase in '14.)
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by northcoast View Post
    he-man needs a battle ram, help keep hope alive, buy a sub!

http://www.mastersunbound.com/box%20...attle_ram3.jpg

it's already sculpted!!!

http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...to07241045.jpg
    ... Amen...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    Mission Accomplished men! (and ladies)

Do you have one of those with nickels instead?
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.