Page 100 of 188 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    OK so could you imagine that we already surpassed the amount of subs we need to get this line approved, but DR messed up and didn't report the correct numbers to Scott... no that couldn't happen... could it?
    You know,I was thinking the same thing the other day! wouldn't be surprised!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    There are only 7 Jitsu figures left as I type this. They started with 80-100 of them and they will sell them all in less than a day. Maybe they should have asked for $60.

I don't think Scott ever said BBTS was 5% of subs. He said all resellers accounted for 5% of the subs.
    He kind of said both, but I don't think it was a hard number, just an example to show how few subbers are huge resellers.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    All it took was 4 minutes
    Sorry, I wasnt paying attention. Sue me...I plead obliviousness.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

If DCUC tanks I might go for a 2nd sub to sell later. Come the apocalypse the dollar will have no economic value and currency will be food, water, gold and action figures.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

Heroic Warrior
    I've never subbed to MOTUC, but am a DCIE subber this year. At this point though, I care way more about MOTUC continuing that DCIE. I guess because we are missing a few key MOTUC figures, whereas DC will NEVER be complete. So DCIE dying is a little easier to handle at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    International customers actually don't have to send back a defective figure. They'll just send out a new one, though apparently there's a limit of 1 replacement per year.
    Is that true? Wow That's a joke alright!

What a ridiculous system they have if this is the case... So, basically you have to take a gamble on sending back defective items if you only get one per year. It's like being on a game show... "Do I use my last-chance refund option now, or wait til I really need it... or maybe I won't need it again"

Mattel/DR needs to get the basics right!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Ah, page 100! Only 14 more pages until we beat the Might Spector thread!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Is that true? Wow That's a joke alright!

What a ridiculous system they have if this is the case... So, basically you have to take a gamble on sending back defective items if you only get one per year. It's like being on a game show... "Do I use my last-chance refund option now, or wait til I really need it... or maybe I won't need it again"

Mattel/DR needs to get the basics right!
    Apparently. I've never encountered it first hand though, so I can speak to it's accuracy.

I have gotten 1 replacement figure though, and did not have to send my original back, so that part I can say is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Sorry, I wasnt paying attention. Sue me...I plead obliviousness.
    Don't worry about it, 2 minutes later I posted

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    Apparently. I've never encountered it first hand though, so I can speak to it's accuracy.

I have gotten 1 replacement figure though, and did not have to send my original back, so that part I can say is true.
    There really isn't much consistency either... Some people have to return them... some people don't... some pay shipping, some do not... It seems to depend on who you get on the phone...

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel will probably not tell us the second they hit 100 percent (if they do, and here's hoping), but I don't think they'll wait to the very end to tell us because if they knew days before the conclusion that all was okay, don't tell us, and word gets out, people will storm the gates of Matty.

In an odd way, I think that it might encourage some more sales if they announce the goal has been met. I assume that there are at least some who wont' buy until they know for sure the sub is going through. May not be very many, maybe less than those who are subbing only to save the line...

In any case, the next time there is a substantial update, Scott should let us know. It will encourage people to buy. If we hear on Monday, for example, that we've hit 70 % or so, it will show that the campaign is working and move people to advocate even more strongly for the line. It might even push people who are on the fence over because it stirs hope. It will also encourage people with 1 sub to buy another because it shows momentum is building and that there sub vote may truly make a real difference. I know that I am debating buying another sub (bought 1 already), but because of the expense am hesitant to do it. But if we learn soon that we have made great strides toward the 100% goal, I'll sub again to help save the line and take my chances on reselling the extras.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Ah, page 100! Only 14 more pages until we beat the Might Spector thread!
    At your settings. It is only at page 63 for me

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    In an odd way, I think that it might encourage some more sales if they announce the goal has been met. I assume that there are at least some who wont' buy until they know for sure the sub is going through. May not be very many, maybe less than those who are subbing only to save the line...
    Ironically I was the opposite.

If the sub is not guaranteed and falls through.... I get my money back (or don't get charged, not sure how it goes it)

Regardless no harm no foul. If you on the fence waiting for a 'guaranteed line'... Why??

It only works against them though to give us a high % right now. All that would do is take all of those anxious people out of the mix that fear that the line is about to die and are debating on whether or not to get the sub.

If people hear that all is well they might just feel relieved and say I'll worry about getting stuff later and not sub.

Expect to hear nothing but gloom and doom until the 6th. As for on or after the 6th? I certainly hope the gloom and doom is out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    It only works against them though to give us a high % right now. All that would do is take all of those anxious people out of the mix that fear that the line is about to die and are debating on whether or not to get the sub.

If people hear that all is well they might just feel relieved and say I'll worry about getting stuff later and not sub.

Expect to hear nothing but gloom and doom until the 6th. As for on or after the 6th? I certainly hope the gloom and doom is out the window.
    I sincerely hope that if the minimum is reached, or we get close to it with just a few days left, that Mattel would let everyone know. I know many of you are buying multiple subs to save the line, not because you actually really want a 2nd line. So you guys going above and beyond, and that should be rewarded, not punished. If we went over 100% and didn't know, and people started buying extra subs, I just think that would be dishonest. So hopefully Mattel will let everyone know. Sure it may cost them some sales, but they are getting extra sales already because of the fans' good faith.

that article really doesn't help anyone and most of those suggestions have been brought up to death
    surprised TNI posted it

Mattel has problems with how they handle this line, but Jay over at TNI who posted that article clearly didn't do much research. Some of his suggestions have been addressed a number of times by Mattel. I get that feeling that a lot of the people commenting on that article just don't understand how MOTUC operates. Regardless of the issues Mattel has control over, they can't just make new media happen, lower the price of figures, change character selection to please everyone, or make all the figures available all the time. Some people have unrealistic expectations for this line.

Mattel has problems with how they handle this line, but Jay over at TNI who posted that article clearly didn't do much research. Some of his suggestions have been addressed a number of times by Mattel. I get that feeling that a lot of the people commenting on that article just don't understand how MOTUC operates. Regardless of the issues Mattel has control over, they can't just make new media happen, lower the price of figures, change character selection to please everyone, or make all the figures available all the time. Some people have unrealistic expectations for this line.
    Agreed and well put. I felt the same way.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

yeah well the reality is : the line is dying ! so...

Heroic Warrior
    That article speaks the truth.

Mattel may have "answered" some of them before, but that doesn't mean this line couldn't use a wholesale shake-up.

It was spot on, they need to address some of these issues. It's not just the price went up, like Scott is trying to spin it.

Regardless, we all should be thanking them for helping get the word out about the trouble, if you agree with them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kanon View Post
    yeah well the reality is : the line is dying ! so...
    So what? We know that. There have been plenty of suggestions about what to do to rally support or get Mattel to change things up to keep enough subscribers coming in, but I get the impression that Jay's rant didn't take into consideration that a lot of the things he was asking for have already been addressed or answered by Mattel. He does make some good points about why customers aren't happy with the line, but he's also rehashing a lot of the same arguments that have come up in the past, some of which we know Mattel can't budge on and some of which are unrealistic for such a limited line.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Underling View Post
    Yikes! $50 bucks for Jitsu on BBTS. Other 2013 figs are $40.
    Makes sense. They got steamrolled with Shadow Weavers for $60 last year - since Jitsu is vintage, demanded character, they are pricing him higher so they don't just sell out from people who just want vintage stuff with all the mess going around about subs right now.

So what? We know that. There have been plenty of suggestions about what to do to rally support or get Mattel to change things up to keep enough subscribers coming in, but I get the impression that Jay's rant didn't take into consideration that a lot of the things he was asking for have already been addressed or answered by Mattel. He does make some good points about why customers aren't happy with the line, but he's also rehashing a lot of the same arguments that have come up in the past, some of which we know Mattel can't budge on and some of which are unrealistic for such a limited line.
    Jay from TNI probably should have listened to the latest Gooble before writing that. If he did and then wrote what he wrote, that would be odd to me.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Snappy Threader
    The article on the toy news site cited above...., while it may be rehashing what we here at the org have hashed over a hundred times, it may be new to some of their readers. Normally I would say any publicity would be good publicity, but the piece in my opinion isn't really meant to rally the troops to consider the sub or support the line. Instead of focusing on the positive of the line or getting a sub, it focuses on the negative experiences we have had. I always hope other sites will help promote the line to those who may be unfamiliar, but as an editorial piece I can respect what is being said. The only problem is, people who are not into MOTU certainly won't be persuaded to join our cause so to speak.