Page 101 of 188 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Court Magician
    Bah, I'm going to get a second set now too. Don't need it, but I can have my money's worth in fun by having contests throughout the year where I can give them all away as prizes.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    The article on the toy news site cited above...., while it may be rehashing what we here at the org have hashed over a hundred times, it may be new to some of their readers. Normally I would say any publicity would be good publicity, but the piece in my opinion isn't really meant to rally the troops to consider the sub or support the line. Instead of focusing on the positive of the line or getting a sub, it focuses on the negative experiences we have had. I always hope other sites will help promote the line to those who may be unfamiliar, but as an editorial piece I can respect what is being said. The only problem is, people who are not into MOTU certainly won't be persuaded to join our cause so to speak.
    If you check most of the threads at TNI its all pretty much gloom n doom...really a waste of energy IMO

The article says nothing about promoting the sub or backing the Horsemen or anything positive. It just feeds the negativity that these are scare tactics and we should abandon He-Man. Lame

Sometimes I feel that people are only happy when they are complaining about being unhappy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashWatchman View Post
    Sometimes I feel that people are only happy when they are complaining about being unhappy
    That may be true, but it's not the situation here.

We have plenty to not be happy about right now...if everything were fine and the subs went through no problem, we wouldn't be having any of these discussions, and people that were - well, then you would be right about them.

Heroic Warrior
    The article on the toy news site cited above...., while it may be rehashing what we here at the org have hashed over a hundred times, it may be new to some of their readers. Normally I would say any publicity would be good publicity, but the piece in my opinion isn't really meant to rally the troops to consider the sub or support the line. Instead of focusing on the positive of the line or getting a sub, it focuses on the negative experiences we have had. I always hope other sites will help promote the line to those who may be unfamiliar, but as an editorial piece I can respect what is being said. The only problem is, people who are not into MOTU certainly won't be persuaded to join our cause so to speak.

This.

That article has a lot of suggestions, that Mattel simply isn't going to do.

It's less about telling us how to keep the line going, and more a bulletpoint finger pointing list as to why it died.

I actually agree with a lot of what he said... but at this point it felt more like pouring salt on a wound.

Gordon: The 2013 sub must go through.

Batman: what if the line no longer exists?

Gordon: It must. It must.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    That article speaks the truth.

Mattel may have "answered" some of them before, but that doesn't mean this line couldn't use a wholesale shake-up.

It was spot on, they need to address some of these issues. It's not just the price went up, like Scott is trying to spin it.
    Exactly! I find a lot of the "answers" lead to more "questions"... Questions about the system they have in place!! The Sub model is clearly out-dated... at this point, going by sales, that is UNDENIABLE. They really need to re-assess their plan moving forward, otherwise there won't be anything to move forward to

The article on the toy news site cited above...., while it may be rehashing what we here at the org have hashed over a hundred times, it may be new to some of their readers.
    Correct! It seems evident from other toy forums I visit, that many people outside the MOTU community have no idea what's going on!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    At your settings. It is only at page 63 for me
    Lol - are you 'ignoring' that many people?
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

So this is what it's come to? People begging and pleading to continue a line that has absolutely no plan for how to continue beyond next year.

I would rather see more people complaining so that Mattel really gets the message that some of us don't want just one or possibly two more years of figures. How about 3 or more years? The current model doesn't allow for that. Anyone can see this.

And again I would love to know with sub only model how the line is supposed to grow? No advertising, and literally no entry point for new consumers. Even if the line somehow manages to continue it will always be in a state of jeopardy with the current business model. What's being done about this? I want REAL answeres not a bunch of false promises.

As a long time JLU collector I remember all the hardships that line had. And it's still fresh in my mind. How Toyguru threw me and every other collector under the bus. It was our faults that the line ended. Hundreds of dollars invested into figures with bad paint aps and limited articulation, inflated price tag, reused parts, characters never seen on the show being released before major characters, and my personal fav, warped legs. And I was told by Scott that I didn't do enough to support the line. I don't appreciate being blamed for someone elses mistakes. And I can see that this is exactly what is going to happen again with MOTUC.

This is why I come to these forums and complain. It's a preemtive strike against Toyguru and Mattel. I'm just tired of being blamed for decisions I would never have made if I was in charge.
    Last edited by FAN-DOR; July 28, 2012 at 03:16am.

Buy the sub or Trapjaw gets it!

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Buy the sub or Trapjaw gets it!
    Alas, poor Trap Jaw, although not a great man, he was a man who strived for greatness. It is still so hard to accept he was taken, far, far too soon, by some "loose cannon." He will be remembered fondly, best of all probably for being such a joker . . . His famous see-food routine was always a personal favorite. Keep on chomping Kronis, ol' buddy; you were the best!

Trap Jaw (Kronis) 1981 - 2012

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I, for one, am remaining cautiously optimistic. Hopefully there's enough slackers, retailers, etc. who are procrastinating. We still have 10 days of subs being on sale. A LOT of people are coming together and are attempting to save teh lien. I really wish I could double up on subs. But alas I am too poor to have a $200 Matty month when the Foe Men come out.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I remain optimistic that we can pull this off. I know if we can manage this year, next year will be a lot easier. A lot of people are going to get paid this weekend and next week. I myself am going to pick up a second sub on Monday. We still have a week to go.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I, for one, am remaining cautiously optimistic. Hopefully there's enough slackers, retailers, etc. who are procrastinating. .

It is likely the retailers/resellers. Hypothetically, if resellers gauge their stock levels and pricing by how BBTS sets theirs then they should be planning out their orders now thru next week. Then again, if I hadn't already subbed on 7/13 seeing some of those hefty price tags would've convinvced me to do it.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAN-DOR View Post
    So this is what it's come to? People begging and pleading to continue a line that has absolutely no plan for how to continue beyond next year.

I would rather see more people complaining so that Mattel really gets the message that some of us don't want just one or possibly two more years of figures. How about 3 or more years? The current model doesn't allow for that. Anyone can see this.

And again I would love to know with sub only model how the line is supposed to grow? No advertising, and literally no entry point for new consumers. Even if the line somehow manages to continue it will always be in a state of jeopardy with the current business model. What's being done about this? I want REAL answeres not a bunch of false promises.

As a long time JLU collector I remember all the hardships that line had. And it's still fresh in my mind. How Toyguru threw me and every other collector under the bus. It was our faults that the line ended. Hundreds of dollars invested into figures with bad paint aps and limited articulation, inflated price tag, reused parts, characters never seen on the show being released before major characters, and my personal fav, warped legs. And I was told by Scott that I didn't do enough to support the line. I don't appreciate being blamed for someone elses mistakes. And I can see that this is exactly what is going to happen again with MOTUC.

This is why I come to these forums and complain. It's a preemtive strike against Toyguru and Mattel. I'm just tired of being blamed for decisions I would never have made if I was in charge.
    Quoted for truth!
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    No. It's fans who've collected the line for 4 years not wanting to see it end at all, but certainly not yet.

If costs exceed what the fanbase is willing to spend, the line ends NOW. The contingency plan we're all banking on for 2014 is to guarantee we get the most important characters. Strong sales in 2014 could propel the line another year or two.. we don't know.

The pleading is to get passed this current roadblock, so we can see what the future will hold. It's either that, or we get *nothing*.

I've never purchased a Masters of the Universe Classics ("Club Eternia") subscription. I just buy the occasional action figure. Having said that I did purchase a 2012 Voltron Classics ("Club Lion Force") subscription. Matty isn't offering a 2013 subscription for that line, but if they did, I wouldn't purchase one if I were given as little information about it as MOTUC collectors have been given about the next year's MOTC subscription. I've liked aspects of every MOTUC figure that I've seen offered, but I'd be royally ticked off if, months after purchasing a subscription, I were to discover that one or more of the figures didn't interest me.

Obviously I'm not the type of collector at whom most of Matty's subscription lines are aimed, so I'm probably in the minority in this thread. I do agree that Toy Guru claiming that there's no need to reveal more about likely 2013 MOTUC figures because they've not done so in previous years is silly, due to the lackluster subscription sales this time around. I'm also curious about his threats that, if sales fall below certain expectations, then fewer figures will be offered and at higher prices. Are the people who actually did purchase subscriptions than forced to accept the revised subscription offering? That smells fishy to me.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blackstar View Post
    I've never purchased a Masters of the Universe Classics ("Club Eternia") subscription. I just buy the occasional action figure. Having said that I did purchase a 2012 Voltron Classics ("Club Lion Force") subscription. Matty isn't offering a 2013 subscription for that line, but if they did, I wouldn't purchase one if I were given as little information about it as MOTUC collectors have been given about the next year's MOTC subscription. I've liked aspects of every MOTUC figure that I've seen offered, but I'd be royally ticked off if, months after purchasing a subscription, I were to discover that one or more of the figures didn't interest me.

Obviously I'm not the type of collector at whom most of Matty's subscription lines are aimed, so I'm probably in the minority in this thread. I do agree that Toy Guru claiming that there's no need to reveal more about likely 2013 MOTUC figures because they've not done so in previous years is silly, due to the lackluster subscription sales this time around. I'm also curious about his threats that, if sales fall below certain expectations, then fewer figures will be offered and at higher prices. Are the people who actually did purchase subscriptions than forced to accept the revised subscription offering? That smells fishy to me.
    If you're not a fan of motuc then the sub is not for you. I happen to like being surprised in what I get and enjoy 95 percent of them with the remaining 5 percent growing on me... I love my collection. The casual collector may not like everything

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    If you're not a fan of motuc then the sub is not for you. I happen to like being surprised in what I get and enjoy 95 percent of them with the remaining 5 percent growing on me... I love my collection. The casual collector may not like everything
    My point is that I am a fan of Voltron Classics, but I still wouldn't buy a hypothetical 2013 Club Lion Force subscription if Matty were to provide as little information about its offerings as they typically do about Club Eternia subscription offerings.

In this thread I'm still probably a minority in this regard, but I'm probably not alone in this regard, and since Club Eternia is well short of reaching its goals, it seems sensible to me that Matty would provide more information in order to satisfy MOTUC collectors with the same attitude as mine would have been toward Voltron Classics.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar

Subs Percentage? So Scott, are we even making a dent?

This is an open letter to Scott/Toyguru with nothing but the highest respect and the good of the line in-mind;

There has been so much negativity, and in my opinion the fans, myself included, have REALLY stepped up to try to save what we hold dear. For the better part of a week we've all been networking and writing to celebrities to try to get our beloved MOTUC's saved. We had numbers thrown at us in the past week of the percentages of sub sales for reaching minimum such as 46% and 50%... but now after all this time, where do we stand?

Are we at 51% or did we actually make a difference with what we've been doing and are we at like 74%?

We would just like to know if our attempts are actually helping, or if we're just spinning gears. Thanks Scott!

No. By the end of Friday subs were still at about 50%.

Time to seek out gay.net and the like!

it really bothers me that mattel asks for some help but does not share with us how the subs are going...because tehre are people that are actually buying more subs in roder to save the line. do u undesrtand Scott? theyre buying them not because they want to or they need them just because they dont want the line to end. at least inform us about selling!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    No. By the end of Friday subs were still at about 50%.

Time to seek out gay.net and the like!
    whaaaat? they were on 52 per cent on thursday...?????
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    People need to get the 'growth' of the line out of their minds. It's not going to grow. It has already surpassed the lifespan of most action figure lines. Mattel realizes that it doesn't make sense financially to pump money into a line that (best case scenario) has one, maybe 2 years left. Tops.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    it really bothers me that mattel asks for some help but does not share with us how the subs are going...because tehre are people that are actually buying more subs in roder to save the line. do u undesrtand Scott? theyre buying them not because they want to or they need them just because they dont want the line to end. at least inform us about selling!

- - - Updated - - -

whaaaat? they were on 52 per cent on thursday...?????
    TG IS sharing the info with us, you just need to go to the right place. People ask him all the time on Ask Matty and he does reply to them. But as Tallstar said, they're still sitting at around 50%
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    TG IS sharing the info with us, you just need to go to the right place. People ask him all the time on Ask Matty and he does reply to them. But as Tallstar said, they're still sitting at around 50%
    ok. so we're screwed.

anyway I meant a proper "SHOWING" like a sub-thermometer on matty main page, something that actually tries to involve people in this campaign. as always, marketing strategies arent the best on mattys curriculum.,
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    When/where was the last update?
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!