Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    When/where was the last update?
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2341003867

Sad.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    ok. so we're screwed.

anyway I meant a proper "SHOWING" like a sub-thermometer on matty main page, something that actually tries to involve people in this campaign. as always, marketing strategies arent the best on mattys curriculum.,
    To my knowledge those numbers were revieled before some resellers made their sub purchases.

Well this thread is super depressing. I just jumped on board here and grabbed a few figures and already teh lein is deieing? What is it about He-Man that stops it from catching fire...or keeping fire may be more accurate. Man, what a drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    To my knowledge those numbers were revieled before some resellers made their sub purchases.
    hope so man but its still a long way....may be too long
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Oh you gotta be kidding me!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    We've only got 9 days left. It does not look hopeful.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Well this thread is super depressing. I just jumped on board here and grabbed a few figures and already teh lein is deieing? What is it about He-Man that stops it from catching fire...or keeping fire may be more accurate. Man, what a drag.
    Too many people stopped buying subscriptions, or more specifically, the 2013 subscription, due to the increased prices and international shipping costs, as well as the character choice for the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    I sure hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    We've only got 9 days left. It does not look hopeful.
    well, apparently I must get a life. or another toyline....
    nope.
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

I don't see how those numbers can be accurate. Is it possible? Absolutely but Mattel will not tell us we are close. That is how they will get more sales. I just don't see how they think saying 50% for a week is productive when most of the people who read the boards have bought already. They then expect us to do their advertising for them and spread the word. I would rather not hear we are half way again.

DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!

We still have a shot, people get paid at the beginning of the month and there is still time left! Come on now He-Man and She-Ra would not give in so quickly!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm starting to lose hope at this point, honestly. The numbers went up so little despite the huge fan campaign. (by the way, delthaindia - your pm box is full. I can't reply to you.).
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Only 50% as of Friday? Good Goddess....

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Yeah, I'm starting to lose hope at this point, honestly. The numbers went up so little despite the huge fan campaign. (by the way, delthaindia - your pm box is full. I can't reply to you.).
    cmon guys, 45 per cent? 9 days? after all this campaign? I dont want to lose hope but, again, ....

sorry man! Im gonna trash!"

maybe we and mattel are starting realising that this project was way too big to be substainable for 4-5 years....

So I'm reading up on the history of this line.... there was backlash about the Star Sisters? I'm hardly a POP fan and thus don't have my finger on the pulse of that side of the fandom, but I really thought people would have gone ballistic for those figures. What was the reason for the poor reaction?

It seemed like so many people were signing up late in the past week, that it's a bit shocking that at one point ToyGuru said "a little over half of what we need" at the beginning of the week... and it hasn't moved at all since. I sort of expected the latest update to be at least 60%.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Well if that 50% is including the 100 subs that bbts and other resellers ordered I think this line is all but finished. This has been a sad last week and a sad 2013 without motuc.

I'm really dissapointed right now.

I bet we are closer to 60% or so. If it was over 50% a few days ago, then BBTS added theirs, plus all the sales listed on here...I think TG is being a bit conservative with his numbers.

BTW, TOUGHEN UP, geez you guys quit easily!!!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I bet we are closer to 60% or so. If it was over 50% a few days ago, then BBTS added theirs, plus all the sales listed on here...I think TG is being a bit conservative with his numbers.

easily??? im ot sleeping at night for thi situation....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    sorry man, did it.

50% was yesterday

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Wow. Ok, so:

1) This line isn't as tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny as Mattel tells us. It's clear that many folks have subbed in the last day since it's been a payday.

or

2) Digitial River is giving Mattel bad numbers. I know TG has stated otherwise, but really, this is Digital River and Matty! The WSOD still exists, after 4 years. "My Subscriptions" will be delayed maybe a year after it was originally implemented. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lack of communication between Mattel and Digital River, and/or Digital River has the same level of incompetence that there has always been.

or

3) Mattel is trying to keep the numbers sounding low to boost sub sales (perhaps to justify 2014 to management).

Whatever it is, I would suggest to all out there to sub as you planned to do. If we do that, then we can't feel bad if the worst happens - we did everything we could.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Wow.

Ok, so:

1) This line isn't as tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny as Mattel tells us. It's clear that many folks have subbed in the last day since it's been a payday.

or

2) Digitial River is giving Mattel bad numbers. I know TG has stated otherwise, but really, this is Digital River and Matty! The WSOD still exists, after 4 years. "My Subscriptions" will be delayed maybe a year after it was originally implemented. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lack of communication between Mattel and Digital River, and/or Digital River has the same level of incompetence that there has always been.

or

3) Mattel is trying to keep the numbers sounding low to boost sub sales (perhaps to justify 2014 to management).

Whatever it is, I would suggest to all out there to sub as you planned to do. If we do that, then we can't feel bad if the worst happens - we did everything we could.
    I can guarantee you now that Mattel is not giving us false information. The numbers they're giving us are fact.

I also believe we are closer to 60%. And I, for one, am not giving up hope because even if we can reach 85-90% I seriously doubt Mattel will pull the plug on the line. They will most likely go forward and change the policy on few-to-none "day of" sales and just have more stock. At least this is what I'm choosing to believe to keep myself sane during the next 9 days.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    After 46% they really stopped being specific. If you look at the posts by Toyguru and whoever else is mod over there you see language like "at half", "about half" and "a little over half" being used interchangeably since last weekend.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    If Scott wanted to scare us he could have just as well said we were at 70%.
    People still would need to get 30% to reach the minimum...
    The frustration makes me sick!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!