Page 103 of 188 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I can guarantee you now that Mattel is not giving us false information. The numbers they're giving us are fact.
    Maybe based on what Mattel knows/has been told, but does Mattel really know? Again, I don't presume to know how their systems interlink, maybe Mattel has all the info, and they supply it to Digital River. I have no idea.

Because Mattel and Digital River never seem to be on the same page on things, I just wouldn't be surprised if Digital River has bad information. I just don't trust Digital River.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I really don't get some of the people not subbing because of the perceived 'poor' character selection... It seems some folk want every vintage character no matter how cr@p they are, but refuse to accept any new characters no matter how good they are... Me, I just love cool figures, whether they're 'new' or 'old'.

But, looks like it's all but over... Damn my tastes for being so eclectic!
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Maybe based on what Mattel knows/has been told, but does Mattel really know? Again, I don't presume to know how their systems interlink, maybe Mattel has all the info, and they supply it to Digital River. I have no idea.

Because Mattel and Digital River never seem to be on the same page on things, I just wouldn't be surprised if Digital River has bad information. I just don't trust Digital River.
    Well yes, you do have a point there. I don't trust them as far as YOU could throw them :-)
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Toygur takes on another round of answers...

I'm feeling good

I'm feeling more positive after listening to Roast Gooble Dinner #94. 2013 and 2014 are sounding more and more like the line I wanted in MOTUC. Even if it ends after that as a full annual year, I like the idea of pre-ordering - I'm totally on board with pre-ordering individual figures and individual 2pks, 4 to 6 offerings a year, and also getting a chance to buy convention figs, and the onsey-twosey figs that are made to keep the MOTUC name out there in later years to come.

Great! Lets get one more robust year in 2013 before we have to turn to those options. If not, its gunna be really hard to get our Ram Man and other fully tool'd figures under a 4-6 fig per year plan. The P&L just doesn't crunch with all that tooling and only 6 figures to amortize it over. You need a full year of figures to do that.
    as a sub holder

I have always been a sub holder and one thing i would like to see if possible is that if i wanted to get an extra figure that month say an extra netossa for day of sales would it be possible to to get it for the the sub price of 25 instead of the day of 27...

just another possible perk of sub holding?

That we can;t do. To get the sub price you need to be in the sub. If you want two, buy two subs.
    Powercon question

Hey Scott can we get a teaser image for powercon like you did with Mosquitor

Right now I;m working on selling subs. Let me get back to you after we hit our min!
    When do you intend to implement the new "my sub page"?

Id like to know before i sub. Im an international customer and as my card is due to expire in 2013 there is no way im going to phone DR as the international call charge would be way too expensive. Any approximate would be great. My card runs out in june 2013, do you think it will be implemented by then? Thank you.

As soon as it is through beta testing. Hopefully very soon. I can't imagine it won't be up by 2013 if not in the next few weeks.
    Volkswagon Bus Question?

How many of the SDCC Hot Wheels MOTU Volkswagon Drag Bus' were made? 1000? 2000?

I don't know. This was a HW product. You'll need to head over to hotwheelscollector.com and ask them!
    are we there yet?

Well..the question sez it all..how does the future of 2013 look with a lot of MOTUC fans buying subs lately..

By the end of Friday we were still at half of what we need to hit the min. Hoping this weekend sees some more pick up with the new Roast Gooble interview up (itunes search "Roast Gooble" it is episode 94, or go to He-Man.org.)
    Comparison of Shipping Methods for International shipment

Could you please post examples of how much it would cost, on a side-by-side comparison, to ship 1 figure, 2 figures, 3 figures, and so on, by "International Post" and by "DHL" to an International customer?

Please consider the bulk shipment option every 3 or 4 months!

I'll see what we can do!
    What is policy on replacing defective 2013 stock with "International Postal" option?

Can you please officially confirm (with direct links if possible, please) if it is accurate that subscribing to MOTUC 2013 using the cheaper "International Postal" option now means that I will NOT be eligible for replacement of defective stock, since this method is not trackable?

I already heard Toy Guru state that "lost-in-the-mail" figures will NOT be replaced if you choose this option, but is it also true that defective stock will not be replaced either?

My main problem is that I really DON'T require faster shipping and really can't afford it.
    So, I need to know officially and definitively if this is the case, and if so I'd like to know when this policy actually changed, because I've always got replacements for damaged stock in the past, despite always using the cheapest international shipping method available.

I would be a real shame to be forced to use a more expensive shipping method for no reason other than to ensure that defective product will be replaced -- this hardly seems fair, since Digital River always did it in the past.

Correct. We can only replace product that is trackable. If you would like to be able to return product you need to use a trackable shipping method.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Whatever it is, I would suggest to all out there to sub as you planned to do. If we do that, then we can't feel bad if the worst happens - we did everything we could.
    Believe me those numbers are real. But let's do all we can to raise the number of subs. Please all fans that have not subbed yet please do it ASAP if you can afford it and others, like myself who have already bought a sub or more than one, let's see if we can stretch our wallets a little further. If we do all we can to help the line and then it doesn't happen at least we can say we did all we can about it.
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

I just don't believe that it only went up 4 percent in a week. I think there must be a missing piece(s) to this puzzle. Im guessing that people and or retailers just are not that much in a hurry and may still rack'em up.. If Mattel is not planning to do some kind of reveal incentive before the 6th:

PLEASE DO SOME KIND OF REVEAL, ADDITIONAL INCENTIVE, or MODIFICATION I know the "locked in" phrase is used to describe the line up, but I respectively don't really buy it. Just something to make more people ease on into our camp. Personally I think a lot of people would say something VINTAGEOUS could largely effect numbers.

TO the wonderful fans who comprise a lot of the employees at Mattel. Fight for us man. Fight for He-man. Please,
    And thank you for producing what I consider the best art on the planet today!!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't understand what tracking has to do with a figure being defective.

I would wager that if you called CS with a defective figure issue, they wouldn't look up what type of shipping you used.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    ΄He's working on sellin subs? Riiiiiight....
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

I think that it just goes to show you how many people also may have bought the sub. in past years that probably aren't members or "active" members on this board.

This is a pretty vocal board and the voice of what seems to be a lot is looking like it really might only be a few in the grand scheme of things.

Sure, we've seen legitimate reasons to why people aren't subbing again being mentioned, but this may also be an additional credible reason that isn't really brought up.

Perhaps what you see here in regard to actual customer base was really only a blip to what was actually involved in making this line work in the past.

We may have deceived ourselves as those that aren't re-upping aren't even on these boards to begin with! We may be just talking to ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    If Scott wanted to scare us he could have just as well said we were at 70%.
    People still would need to get 30% to reach the minimum...
    The frustration makes me sick!
    See I disagree based on my personal interpretation of percentages. If we were told we had made it to 70%, a 20% increase, i would've been ecstatic not scared. But saying we haven't budged the halfway mark means we need to buy buy buy. Like I said we could be at half however he could be rounding down or just using half at his leisure to avoid losing sales.

I say let's not ask for updates anymore. We get the same answers everytime anyway. If we show less interest maybe they will give better answers. You know like playing hard to get

I saw Max posted the "around 50%" on the 26th.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I bet we are closer to 60% or so. If it was over 50% a few days ago, then BBTS added theirs, plus all the sales listed on here...I think TG is being a bit conservative with his numbers.

BTW, TOUGHEN UP, geez you guys quit easily!!!
    We have no idea if bbts ordered theirs after the 46%. Just because their preorders went up that day doesn't mean that's when they ordered subs. Their late 2012 preorders went up at the same time.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    See I disagree based on my personal interpretation of percentages. If we were told we had made it to 70%, a 20% increase, i would've been ecstatic not scared. But saying we haven't budged the halfway mark means we need to buy buy buy. Like I said we could be at half however he could be rounding down or just using half at his leisure to avoid losing sales.

I say let's not ask for updates anymore. We get the same answers everytime anyway. If we show less interest maybe they will give better answers. You know like playing hard to get
    You may be right about that.
    Still it would smell fishy if we suddenly reached 100% by the end of the subscription sale, when we only gained about 4-10% this week...

[QUOTE=Riddle of Steel;3085812]
    This is a pretty vocal board and the voice of what seems to be a lot is looking like it really might only be a few in the grand scheme of things.
    /QUOTE]

yes, our prospective its a little bit different respect the AFs world one!
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    Believe me those numbers are real. But let's do all we can to raise the number of subs. Please all fans that have not subbed yet please do it ASAP if you can afford it and others, like myself who have already bought a sub or more than one, let's see if we can stretch our wallets a little further. If we do all we can to help the line and then it doesn't happen at least we can say we did all we can about it.
    I agree! And will probably up my sub from 2 to 3. But I would advise everyone only to sub what you're comfortable with, and you have a plan with those extra figures (I will probably customize my extras and/or give to my friend). The worst thing would be for everyone to oversub, and then in 2014, their wives or bank accounts realize they made a big mistake, then we're doomed this time next year. But, I guess it's better to push off the inevitable as long as we can. Stay together folks, we need to save MOTUC!

΄He's working on sellin subs? Riiiiiight....
    I don't dislike TG or Mattel, but I agree, I think more could be done on their end. I want to stay positive, but I realize the problems and empty promises pushed many off the edge. Fans and their pocket books are the only ones that can save MOTUC. It's always been that way, but now more than ever.

You may be right about that.
    Still it would smell fishy if we suddenly reached 100% by the end of the subscription sale, when we only gained about 4-10% this week...
    Tough to say though, only because of the simple fact that you always have a BUNCH of people that wait till the last minute when it comes to doing ANY THING.

On the last day alone I seriously wouldn't be surprised if the % gained was in the double digits EASILY.

I don't dislike TG or Mattel, but I agree, I think more could be done on their end. I want to stay positive, but I realize the problems and empty promises pushed many off the edge. Fans and their pocket books are the only ones that can save MOTUC. It's always been that way, but now more than ever.
    I don't dislike them either - I just don't like their attitude.
    Most of the fans on this board did more than Mattel has done to ensure the 2013 sub. Mattel seems not to be willing to do anything about it.
    That's so very sad...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Only 50% as of Friday? Good Goddess....
    If you got paid yesterday or last night would you buy a sub FIRST THING or would you do it at your leisure since we have 9 days left? I would wait until the entire weekend can be totaled on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    So I'm reading up on the history of this line.... there was backlash about the Star Sisters? I'm hardly a POP fan and thus don't have my finger on the pulse of that side of the fandom, but I really thought people would have gone ballistic for those figures. What was the reason for the poor reaction?
    MOTUC is the great melting pot of MOTU Eras. Such diversity is a strength, but that same trait is also a weakness. When some fans ask for things, other fans might not want it. For example, it's all good if NA fans support the line...up until an NA figure comes out.

In the case of the Star Sisters, fans hated that they were stuck with a non-optional 3 pack of POP figures that they didn't want. Some fans have a backlash against ANY figure who wasn't an original MOTU toy in the 80's. Even Queen Marlena was not spared from this. Other fans have no nostalgic ties to those characters despite being POP characters who made a quick appearance on the Filmation POP cartoon and were featured in POP Magazine. Then you have some fans who hate POP characters because they are seen as "too girly". Finally, you have fans who wanted the original toyline versions of the Star Sisters which have different colors and some deco changes.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Tough to say though, only because of the simple fact that you always have a BUNCH of people that wait till the last minute when it comes to doing ANY THING.

On the last day alone I seriously wouldn't be surprised if the % gained was in the double digits EASILY.
    Well I'm sure there'll be a certain amount of people to add ANOTHER sub to their "collection" just to improve chances of reaching the minimum.

Just some thoughts:

*I really wish we had a better way to track percentages (not the specific number of figures).

*What exactly is Toyguru doing to sell subs? I'm seen more work from board members here?

*Club IE's thermometer hasn't moved at all as far as I can tell.

*What's Mattel going to do if we don't make it: refund all the money and ask people to subscribe or preorder something different?

*I went ahead and preordered every Batman Hot Toy available in case the sub doesn't go through. If the main sub doesn't go through, I imagine I'm done.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Well I'm sure there'll be a certain amount of people to add ANOTHER sub to their "collection" just to improve chances of reaching the minimum.
    I'm drifting in and out of this camp myself. Already have one sub, thinking about adding another but worry that despite what they say about subs being combined if using the same credit card and shipping method that SOMEHOW they will botch things and I'll end up paying double shipping until it gets sorted out... I want extras of characters like Shokoti, Rokkon and Modulok should they be released in 2013, but don't have any need for doubles of the first half of 2013 as it stands.

I don't dislike them either - I just don't like their attitude.
    Most of the fans on this board did more than Mattel has done to ensure the 2013 sub. Mattel seems not to be willing to do anything about it.
    That's so very sad...
    Agreed. Daniel Benedict put together a fantastic video! Others have been making banners or tweeting celebrities. Mattel, well, only those two videos by TG and responding to questions, which is appreciated, but I just wish there were some alternatives from Mattel to help save the line.

Maybe the Mighty Spector can go back into time for us, sculpt the Horde Troopers, and replace them with the Fighting Foe Men (which I like more now, but realize they aren't helping sell subs).

I will buy mine next week,if on the last day we are still behind,then I will buy a second.

I keep trying to stay positive but,perhaps we are just talking to ourselves.Those not re subbing may not even be on the boards.

All the excitement this past week and it barely budged.

I will not get my hopes up at this point.

The DCUC sub looks like it never even had a chan
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    *What exactly is Toyguru doing to sell subs? I'm seen more work from board members here?
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Masque for example made that awesome video commercial for the subscription. Other people were trying to help out fellow fans to get their figures and so on.
    Scott... well I guess what he DOES is "managing expectations"...

Yea, but I also mean that you've got people out there that have yet to sub. period that also plan to sub., but just procrastinate.

You gotta remember, there's no perk to signing up sooner then later just as long as it all gets done within the time frame. There's a bunch of people that are simply in no rush at all as it benefits them in no way.

It's not like they're going to sell out or some thing. Patience.