Page 112 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    You are so hilarious! I really hope you make a living as a comedian.
    Thank you. Like Toyguru, I always like to hear from my fans. If you want more jokes like these in 2013, though, you have to buy the flippin' sub!

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    The only power upset fans have is to:
    1. Stop buying product
    2. Voice their opinions until corrective actions are taken and wrongs are righted
    3. Be quiet and hope

And they are being begged not to choose #1, and #3 is accepting disrespect. I say sub up if it's a good choice for you and let Mattel know about your displeasure as loudly and frequently as you want until they fix things. I listened to RGB too, and left feeling much more sympathy for TG (who I've been hard on). But there are 2 points that bother me still, and make me think he still hasn't really heard our complaints:

1. I get the feeling he believe price is far and away the biggest factor here, despite our words to the contrary. He's telling US why we aren't subbing, rather than listening to us.
    2. He keeps saying, "If your product is defective, return it. Problem solved." But too many times an entire line of figures is defective, and he doesn't address that.

I think the complaints are valid. I believe there is a protected thread about things that are right about the line and ways to help it out. This is the thread to explore the good and bad of TG's update on 2013 descriptions.

And lastly, if Mattel walks away from this not learning their lesson (and there is no reason to believe they have, as no real actions have taken place), then we'll be in the same situation the next time a MOTU line comes our way. When the movie line comes (if it comes), QC will likely take a big hit. Mattel needs to listen and learn now, and I'm sorry, but you really have to beat them over the head to make them listen. This is about MOTU as a whole, not just MOTUC. I really don't think complaints are turning people off the sub who would have subbed in teh first place. And if it does, well, most people here are speaking the truth, so if the truth turns people off of the sub, so be it.
    I understand your point but I do have a comment: if someone has stop buying a product, why continue ranting and complaining about it over and over again?? I have a feeling that some fans have stoped subbing or buying MOTUC and of course they have every right to do so but they continue complaining about the line to bother the fans who have chosen to stay or scare away new fans who whant to join MOTUC despite the problems it might have. This attitude bothers me very much...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisware View Post
    Thank you. Like Toyguru, I always like to hear from my fans. If you want more jokes like these in 2013, though, you have to buy the flippin' sub!
    Wonderful, then I'm so glad I have already bought 3 subs!!!
    Last edited by Asher99; July 29, 2012 at 09:46pm.
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelor View Post
    His name is Pons Maar. Pon Farr is vulcan puberty.
    No kidding? Go figure!

I wonder why his parents named him after Vulcan Puberty?

No, not really. Some things are true and the others are simply exagerated.

As I posted before what bothers me is people who can't simply walk away from the line if for whatever reason (valid or not) they don't like MOTUC anymore but continue complining and ranting endlessly about the same things over and over again and ruining the ride for the fans who choose to stay, be constructive and positive and carry on with MOTUC even with all its problems because we think that the positive things we receive from it surpass by far the negative things.
    It's literally no different than having to read post after post of people saying how great everything is. Complaints are the sea on which the MOTUC boat sails.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Classy. Really classy.
    Big fan of 'ol Pon Farr, huh?

My apologies.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I understand your point but I do have a comment: if someone has stop buying a product, why continue ranting and complaining about it over and over again?? I have a feeling that some fans have stoped subbing or buying MOTUC and of course they have every right to do so but they continue complaining about the line to bother the fans who have choosed to stay or scare away new fans who whant to join MOTUC despite the problems it might have. This attitude bothers me very much...
    Maybe they are frustrated that Mattel offers such a great toyline, yet has failed to come through with quality customer service. Maybe they are frustrated that Mattel had a successful business model early on in the line with the day-of sales and twisted the fans' request for a subscription into an excuse to artificially extend the life of the line by glutting it with concepts and neglecting the "Classic" element.

Maybe-just maybe-they are as frustrated with the people who continued to scream from the mountaintops "BUT LOOK AT THE TOYS! THEY'RE SO SHINY!" and fell in line with Mattel's "new sub-only business model" and gobbled up their promises of better customer service but never really held their feet to the fire on it (because hey, I'm sure next year will be better). They had their shot at fixing things when sales were up so they could continue to remain up. But why bother? Sales are up! Instead, they refused to engage the issues with Digital River and Newgistics. Now sales are down. One of the big issues is that they still haven't fixed the customer service side of the house. Why should they? The line is on their last legs. TG is asking fans to speak with their wallets and support the line. Well, we have. Since day one. It sure looks like we didn't have a whole lot of company.

That's the problem with a niche line like this. There is no real incentive for Mattel to fix problems. If they toys are selling, they toys are selling. If the toys aren't selling, they scrap the line. They have had us over the barrel from the beginning.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Widget
    just to let everyone here know, i've been slowly buying figures off ebay and other collectors but to show support(and be guaranteed a ram man), i have purchased my first sub!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Maybe they are frustrated that Mattel offers such a great toyline, yet has failed to come through with quality customer service. Maybe they are frustrated that Mattel had a successful business model early on in the line with the day-of sales and twisted the fans' request for a subscription into an excuse to artificially extend the life of the line by glutting it with concepts and neglecting the "Classic" element.

Maybe-just maybe-they are as frustrated with the people who continued to scream from the mountaintops "BUT LOOK AT THE TOYS! THEY'RE SO SHINY!" and fell in line with Mattel's "new sub-only business model" and gobbled up their promises of better customer service but never really held their feet to the fire on it (because hey, I'm sure next year will be better). They had their shot at fixing things when sales were up so they could continue to remain up. But why bother? Sales are up! Instead, they refused to engage the issues with Digital River and Newgistics. Now sales are down. One of the big issues is that they still haven't fixed the customer service side of the house. Why should they? The line is on their last legs. TG is asking fans to speak with their wallets and support the line. Well, we have. Since day one. It sure looks like we didn't have a whole lot of company.

That's the problem with a niche line like this. There is no real incentive for Mattel to fix problems. If they toys are selling, they toys are selling. If the toys aren't selling, they scrap the line. They have had us over the barrel from the beginning.

Totally need a like button!
    ----------------------------------------
    I HAVE... ...THE FLOUR!!!
    ~WUN-DAR

Quote Originally Posted by BEAU View Post
    The Sci-Fi Janitors support MOTUC!
    Awesome Vid! LOL!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Ok, but not toss all that frustration to fans who choose to support the line even with all the problems. As I said before, If you don't want to sub or buy from Matty that's fine but don't ruin the ride for the rest. You have every right to do the first thing but not the latter.
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

Ok, but not toss all that frustration to fans who choose to support the line even with all that problems. As I said before, If you don't want to sub or buy from Matty that's fine but don't ruin the ride for the rest. You have every right to do the first thing but not the latter.
    Welcome to the internet. Cookies and coffee is in the back.

And I did sub this year. For the first time. Against my better judgement. So I am voicing my support for the 4H and the toys. And you can damn well bet I'll be voicing my displeasure with Mattel for managing to screw up Masters of the Universe twice in a decade.

Ok, so after all your speech about "complaining in order to make things better" is all about frustration and getting others to be as frustrated as you. Glad we got that cleared up...

Ok, so after all your speech about "complaining in order to make things better" is all about frustration and getting others to be as frustrated as you. Glad we got that cleared up...
    Yes. Complaining is generally grounded in frustration.

And I did sub this year. For the first time. Against my better judgement. So I am voicing my support for the 4H and the toys. And you can damn well bet I'll be voicing my displeasure with Mattel for managing to screw up Masters of the Universe twice in a decade.
    That is completely different and a position I can totally respect. If you are a customer you have every right to complain. For the record, I will held Matty accountable if I have any problem with any of my 3 subs. Fortunately, I can say that I haven't got any problems the last two years...
    Last edited by Asher99; July 29, 2012 at 10:37pm.

Heroic Warrior

We all need to make sure that Mattel understands what the real problems are here. Toyguru seems to think it is character selection and price increases. While such things are not completely insignificant, I guarantee that if DR and other customer service/shipping issues were fixed, we never would have a decline in sub numbers this year.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

That is completely different and a position I can totally respect. If you are a customer you have every right to complain.
    I've been a customer since day one. King Grayskull is on my shelf. Subscribing doesn't include some "Magic Valid Complaining Button". I've been frustrated with the choices made by Mattel on this line for several years. I have voiced them all along.

Just because I (and others) have chosen to be more selective in our purchases does not mean we should have to 'shut up and color' when we see the line going in a direction we don't like. 'Shutting up and coloring' is what got us here in the first place.

Ok, but not toss all that frustration to fans who choose to support the line even with all the problems. As I said before, If you don't want to sub or buy from Matty that's fine but don't ruin the ride for the rest. You have every right to do the first thing but not the latter.
    I would meet you half way on that if you meet us the other half that the fan who right now are carring on about how great the line is and not at the very least acknoledging that there are issue that need resolving and right now, today this very second we have more than ever a chance to have those issues really addressed and have something done.

No one wants to see the line die, but for some of us we are wiliing to to if things aren't changed. These aren't things that effect just us ( the subscriber hold outs) these are things that will effect everyone who collects the line. We are taking a stand.

Fans that support the line regardless of what they are expected to accept are our brother and sisters of the plastic, but they makes it that much harder for those of us here trying to improve the conditions Mattel has created.

We aren't trying to kick anything while it's down. We just want this line we love better.
    ~WUN-DAR

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    We all need to make sure that Mattel understands what the real problems are here. Toyguru seems to think it is character selection and price increases. While such things are not completely insignificant, I guarantee that if DR and other customer service/shipping issues were fixed, we never would have a decline in sub numbers this year.

They know very well that people aren't happy with DR. The only reason TG has repeatedly dodged the issue is because they are not going to risk alienating a business partner, no matter how incompetent. If they were to go down that road, they might have to shrink their profit margin to get a logistics company that knows what in the devil they are doing. And again, they have shown no inclination of putting any money into this line. They definitely aren't going to start now. And TG knows it. Engaging the DR issue is a lose-lose for him. He knows we aren't happy, and he knows there is absolutely nothing he can do about it. it's just easier to paint price increases and character selection as the villain in all this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sorcerer View Post
    I would meet you half way on that if you meet us the other half that the fan who right now are carring on about how great the line is and not at the very least acknoledging that there are issue that need resolving and right now, today this very second we have more than ever a chance to have those issues really addressed and have something done.

No one wants to see the line die, but for some of us we are wiliing to to if things aren't changed. These aren't things that effect just us ( the subscriber hold outs) these are things that will effect everyone who collects the line. We are taking a stand.

Fans that support the line regardless of what they are expected to accept are our brother and sisters of the plastic, but they makes it that much harder for those of us here trying to improve the conditions Mattel has created.

We aren't trying to kick anything while it's down. We just want this line we love better.
    I share many of your thoughts but differ with you in something that is essential: I want the line saved no matter what. It's pointless to insist about the problems of the line if there is no longer a line to complain about. This doesn't mean that I don't want the problems fixed but I really think that the survival of the MOTUC line has priority...
    Last edited by Asher99; July 29, 2012 at 11:07pm.

So what percectage of subs are we at now? We have a little over a week to go....

I share many of your thoughts but differ with you in something that is essential: I want the line saved no matter what. It's pointless to insist about the problems of the line if there is no longer a line to complain about. This doesn't mean that I don't want the problems fixed but I really think that survival of MOTUC have priority...
    And that is exactly whatr Mattel is banking on. For them it's all or nothing, thier way or the highway, the game is played by thier rules and like it or lump it. That's a monopoly, and so to get changes we feel strong enough about they force us into the postion of saying: " We are done."

I don't want to loose MOTU before we get any of the Rock people. We've complained from the outside for four years. Mattel is tightening the regins on day of purchase buyers. This month Frosta is delayed. What options do we have left?
    ~WUN-DAR

I just want my Ram-man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sorcerer View Post
    And that is exactly whatr Mattel is banking on. For them it's all or nothing, thier way or the highway, the game is played by thier rules and like it or lump it. That's a monopoly, and so to get changes we feel strong enough about they force us into the postion of saying: " We are done."

I don't want to loose MOTU before we get any of the Rock people. We've complained from the outside for four years. Mattel is tightening the regins on day of purchase buyers. This month Frosta is delayed. What options do we have left?
    Maybe it's time for a different approach: buy a sub and complain from the inside. You will get the figures AND have the right to complain and hold Mattel responsible if they screw up. AND maybe we will get the Rock people in 2013, they are in my list of favourites too...
    Last edited by Asher99; July 29, 2012 at 11:29pm.

Yeah right now it's almost like complaining about a person's behavior while they're dying. This thread has become a rallying cry to keep the line alive. Maybe hold off your complaints about Digital River if the line survives August 7th. We're all aware of the problems with DR, right now, for most of us, it's bigger than that.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Absolutely! I was originally going to drop my subs to one this year because of frustration with dr and customer service. Both of my nephews dropped the line for the same reason. Character selection had nothing to do with it. I think most would say there are much bigger issues than character selection and they have been ignored for a very long time.

That said, I bumped my subs back up to two and will be helping a couple of international subbers with shipping. I am doing my part to support the line, but I hope that when 2013 goes through (trying to be positive), Mattel looks well beyond just character selection. Qc and cs need to be addressed or else 2014 will be just as much of a struggle as this year, despite changing the character rollout.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?