Page 143 of 188 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Heroic Warrior
    There's one thing I really don't get with the fans and that is this: people aren't impressed with the line up of 2013.

It's only the first three months. Only 5 figures! Each year has been pretty strong but each year has had dud quarter periods. Jan-Mar is strong in that we'll be seeing Ram-Man (much demanded) and Jitsu (demanded), the Fighting Foe Men (have been demanded for some time) as has Netossa (who I think looks amazing). AND we have our first filmation character, the VERY MUCH DEMANDED Fang-Man! Helllooooo!

We've always complained the the NA figures didn't look like MOTU and we've had three damn good NA figures who blend in perfectly into the mix.

During the year we'll get much closer to complete the Heroic Warriors, we're very close to complete the Evil Warriors (Two Bad, Ninjor, Blast Attack and Twistoid).

I don't understand why people are iffy about 2013 reveals. It's only the first three months.

I don't fear the death of the line. I'm afraid of the line dying here while Ram Man burns, and there's no one there to save it.

Heroic Warrior
    It would be great if Dolph Lundgren campained.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    every single roboto and king hsss is wrong. that's a 100% failure rate.
    Well the figures still functioned. And even if I would count this as a 100% failure rate its still only 2 figures out of almost 100. Not saying this is great but again there are other toylines that have similar problems. In my experience MOTUC has done relatively well in QC compared to a lot of other toylines out there.

if you have some level of success...how can you be a failure? that makes no sense.

by that standard every athelete becomes a failure eventually. they all quit before they want to...ok, most of them.
    [/QUOTE]

To stay with your analogy there was a very prominent boxing champion in my country who was undefeated until the very last match of his career. That defeat nagged so strongly that he actually fought the same guy again ten years later just so he would not consider his career a failure. Also ask any sports team that gets second place in a tournament how they feel about that. There are many many occasions in life where an initial level of success means nothing if the endgame fails. If MOTUC ends next week the headlines will be "MOTUC 2013 sub failed due to dwindling demand" not "MOTUC ends after 4 successful years".
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I don't fear the death of the line. I'm afraid of the line dying here while Ram Man burns, and there's no one there to save it.
    You know guys, some of us haven't seen that movie yet!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Awesome work! Thanks for posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You know guys, some of us haven't seen that movie yet!
    Drats! Sorry to ruin it for you but I just can't help it - Ram Man makes it out alive - just barely.

Quote Originally Posted by hauke View Post
    If MOTUC ends next week the headlines will be "MOTUC 2013 sub failed due to dwindling demand" not "MOTUC ends after 4 successful years".
    They still have been 4 successful years. Over 100 definitive versions of our favorite characters with a high level of detail and articulation? I think it's awesome but if it's failure, I need to fail that way more often!

- - - Updated - - -

Drats! Sorry to ruin it for you but I just can't help it - Ram Man makes it out alive - just barely.
    Ha, I'm just messin' with you, just don't post the ending though! I really have not seen it, but that is the side-effect of having 2 young kids. No one likes 1 year olds at the movie theater!
    Last edited by NorthCoast; August 2, 2012 at 03:04pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Awesome work! Thanks for posting that.
    this one works, great to hear from Gary as well and I loved how he mentioned Billy Barty
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by hauke View Post
    Well the figures still functioned. And even if I would count this as a 100% failure rate its still only 2 figures out of almost 100. Not saying this is great but again there are other toylines that have similar problems. In my experience MOTUC has done relatively well in QC compared to a lot of other toylines out there.

a brand new red car with wrongly painted door is still functional. i wouldn't consider it quality though.

and it's not just 2 figs. i think there was a he-man or king GS with reversed shoulders. plus the goddess issues. and some quantity for other figs and beasts had issues.

not to mention loose joints which plagued the line early on.

But if the sub doesn't go through, it will be torture. Not of our body, but our soul...

They still have been 4 successful years. Over 100 definitive versions of our favorite characters with a high level of detail and articulation? I think it's awesome but if it's failure, I need to fail that way more often!

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, I'm just messin' with you, just don't post the ending though! I really have not seen it, but that is the side-effect of having 2 young kids. No one likes 1 year olds at the movie theater!
    I won't. Glad you mentioned it though as I wasn't really thinking of quotes being a spoiler.

Yes, improvements have been incremental but let's be fair here, they have been happening all along. Perspective time here guys. How often does a big toy company like Mattel listen closely enough to QC issues that they actually get fixed... sometimes quickly. I'd say it's very rare to never. No line regardless of how small turns on a dime and to continually punish Mattel for issues early in the line negates all of the good that's been done since. I challenge you to really take a look at your collection as a whole and if you can pull out maybe 15-20 figures and locate genuine issues that have never been corrected then I doth my hat to you; however, if you can instead pull out maybe a handful with issues that HAVE been corrected as the line has moved forward then personally I call that progress.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    But if the sub doesn't go through, it will be torture. Not of our body, but our soul...

I'm gonig to see it again this weekend, but now I'm probably gonna laugh whenever he says any of the lines you've quoted, and people are gonna think I'm nuts! Curse you SCB!!!!!!!!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    AWESOME!! Thanks for helping out Mr.Gary Goddard

LEGENDARY
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Cherry Picker: There's a storm coming, August 6th. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live without cherry pickers and leave so little for DOS.

Matty: You sound like you're looking forward to it.

Cherry Picker: I'm adaptable, unlike you.

-- ok that's enough, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Perspective time here guys. How often does a big toy company like Mattel listen closely enough to QC issues that they actually get fixed... sometimes quickly. I'd say it's very rare to never. No line regardless of how small turns on a dime and to continually punish Mattel for issues early in the line negates all of the good that's been done since.
    Any one have this figure, no MOTUC compares

Could you imagine if Scott was responsible for this?

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    So with the actors of Saurod and Blade throwing in their support is it possible this was away for Scott and Mattel to hint at two figures coming in 2013 if the line goes through? If so the year could look like this:

January: Netossa, Ram-Man
    February: Jitsu
    March: Fang Man
    Sub Exclusive: King He-Man
    April: ??? (Snake Face), Fighting Foe Men
    Unknown Month: POP Vintage Figure
    Unknown Month: POP Vintage Figure
    Unknown Month: NA Vintage Figure
    Unknown Month: NA Vintage Figure
    Unknown Month: Blade
    Unknown Month: Saurod
    Unknown $25 Variant
    Unknown $50 Variant

If so that leaves two slots and it is heavily rumored one is Calix from 200X Series and another is most likely a Filmation Figure which I believe will be from the She-Ra Series and will either be Scorpia or Sea Hawk. So is it possible Mattel secretly gave us a list of the entire 2013 sub with out giving any names?
    Didn't Scott say that we would be getting 2 more Filmation figures? I also doubt the movie figures are coming next year, though I guess Blade and Saurod could be the $50 item? I still think if Horde Troopers were coming, they would have been shown at SDCC I REALLY hope the $25 variant is Filmation Hordak (with Imp), so thats one Filmation figure. Guessing the other could be Sea Hawk?

My guesses for the 2013 line up:

January: Netossa
    February: Jitsu, Ram-Man
    March: Fang Man
    Sub Exclusive: King He-Man
    April: Hydron, Fighting Foe Men
    May: Snake Face
    June: Peekablue
    July: Clamp Champ
    August: Sea Hawk
    September: Two Bad
    October: Queen Angella
    November: Calix
    December: Ninjor
    $25 Variant: Filmation Hordak
    $50 Oversized/Multipack: This has me puzzled... I doubt its Horde Troopers, so maybe Blade/Saurod or Masque/Shokoti? I hope its a Filmation 2-pack!
    Last edited by blackiecats; August 2, 2012 at 03:33pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post
    There's one thing I really don't get with the fans and that is this: people aren't impressed with the line up of 2013.

It's only the first three months. Only 5 figures! Each year has been pretty strong but each year has had dud quarter periods. Jan-Mar is strong in that we'll be seeing Ram-Man (much demanded) and Jitsu (demanded), the Fighting Foe Men (have been demanded for some time) as has Netossa (who I think looks amazing). AND we have our first filmation character, the VERY MUCH DEMANDED Fang-Man! Helllooooo!

We've always complained the the NA figures didn't look like MOTU and we've had three damn good NA figures who blend in perfectly into the mix.

During the year we'll get much closer to complete the Heroic Warriors, we're very close to complete the Evil Warriors (Two Bad, Ninjor, Blast Attack and Twistoid).

I don't understand why people are iffy about 2013 reveals. It's only the first three months.
    Fang Man is not the first Filmation character in the line. Shadow Weaver was the first Filmation character in the line. We also have Filmation King Randor coming out before Fang Man. And if one wanted to get technical, you could argue that Adora was truly the first Filmation character in the line.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar

http://www.figurerealm.com/userimage...00/21258-1.jpg

Wow, I remember that. The protoype Scarlet Witch looked beautiful, then came the crackhead version. LOL.

I agree we had 4 great years and as a collector I am very happy with that. The line ending now would take nothing away from those great figures I already have. For us collectors the line will have been a success no matter wht. But Mattel clearly planned to sell another sub for 2013. They thought they would loose some subscribers but would still sell enough subscribtions to make the 2013 line happen. If that does not go through then their planned line for 2013 failed. The line will end prematurly. But I am starting to sound way too negative here. All I wanted to say was that Mattel might have an interest in keeping the sub going even if they do not reach 100% to show that the MOTU brand is still strong considering the possible developement of a movie. The sub not getting through in MOTUs 30th anniversary year might make people think the brand is not as strong. That is all.

a brand new red car with wrongly painted door is still functional. i wouldn't consider it quality though.
    and it's not just 2 figs. i think there was a he-man or king GS with reversed shoulders. plus the goddess issues. and some quantity for other figs and beasts had issues.
    Again I am not disagreeing there have been problems. But again compared to other toylines, even high end collectible ones, Mattel did not as bad with QC. They still can and should improve a lot but on the whole there is much much worse out there.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

Tell me where my Ram-man is: Then this line has my permission to die.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

That's not some ten year old's custom? That's from a company? Wow.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post

The character selection is not a big deal, I think for most people. And everything you've said here is exactly right. The problems are mainly DR and customer service. Prove that those have been fixed, and people will come back.

The main issue with character selection with the FFM, I think, is not the characters themselves but the fact that they are released as a 3-pack with no price break. I don't like that either, though not enough to keep me from subscribing. Why Matty doesn't release such things individually is beyond me.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

comparing current year figs to yesteryear. apples and oranges.