Page 151 of 188 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

IMHO if you make a test figure as shown in the video, the steel molds are tooled.
    The factury doesnt make sicilone molds, etc for a testshot to inject random plastic in.

I think saying that he is not tooled, like 7 times, is a scare tactic. That makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    I think saying that he is not tooled, like 7 times, is a scare tactic. That makes me sad.
    That really set me on edge too. I've never heard Scott so ferociously attack any particular buzz word/phrase so much in any video/prose session... ever. Obviously meant to hammer home the point that just because you're seeing a test shot DOES NOT imply you'll actually get the toy. A simple once or twice would have been fine, but as a punctuation at the end of each sentence? Wow.

IMHO if you make a test figure as shown in the video, the steel molds are tooled.
    The factury doesnt make sicilone molds, etc for a testshot to inject random plastic in.
    How do you know? TG is always talking about changes they will make to prototypes, and I'm not talking about the 4H versions. I seem to remember him at SDCC videos saying "this isn't final".
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Toyguru really REALLY needs to be careful with his words.

In the same day he's quoted as saying "I know we're going to do it. I know we are."

And "We do not have a vairant planned and the sub is NOT going through at this point. We have not hit the min yet. Hopefully by Monday we will." This is the full quote. But what people are going to see is "We do not have a vairant planned and the sub is NOT going through at this point."

The statement worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    A simple once or twice would have been fine, but as a punctuation at the end of each sentence? Wow.
    Maybe because people like to twist every word he says into some kind of conspiracy against us innocent toy buyers?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

He very well might not be tooled. The Four Horsemen make their own molds (non-steel) in their workshop when working on MOTUC stuff. So, the factory in China or whatever, might do the same thing. Like a test mold to see if Mattel is happy with the product that comes out of the mold (make sure there are no defects, etc.). Then, Mattel signs off on the mold and the Chinese company makes it in steel. This is all pure speculation, but it makes sense to me.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    He very well might not be tooled. The Four Horsemen make their own molds (non-steel) in their workshop when working on MOTUC stuff. So, the factory in China or whatever, might do the same thing. Like a test mold to see if Mattel is happy with the product that comes out of the mold (make sure there are no defects, etc.). Then, Mattel signs off on the mold and the Chinese company makes it in steel. This is all pure speculation, but it makes sense to me.
    It DOES make sense and thanks for the perspective on this topic. I watched the video before work and got to work prepared to lambaste poor Scott for outright lying before your (and other peoples) post(s) injected some much needed reality into the equation.

You guys notice the head doesn't stay on Ram Man right? Because he's not tooled. He probably doesn't have the proper joints and sockets yet.

After watching it again, I think he keeps saying "they're not tooled" to keep people from saying "Ram Man falls apart, QC! QC!"

Scott just updated that we are in the mid 80% now
    Masters of the Universe Fan for Life

My Feedback:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Jemabo2

Mid 80 doesnt make me feel good.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    How do you know? TG is always talking about changes they will make to prototypes, and I'm not talking about the 4H versions. I seem to remember him at SDCC videos saying "this isn't final".
    I said IMHO. I think so bEcause these are the same ones as the ones that pop up on Ebay. If they are handmade single items I think they wouldnt be stolen so easily. I think these are mold/ machine test runs. I do some casting myself too so I am interested in the process and have seen a couple of documentaties on it. One about Lego and one on a Chinese company.

But again, I said "in my opinion". If you think these are not machine run that is fine by me. If you know PM me the link. Like I said, I am interested in the process.

Also, I never eard TG say they could change anything to a factory testrun, aside from different plastics or replacing a part with another already tooled part, like a He-man lower arm with a Triclops one.
    Can you post a link? Cheers!

Maybe because people like to twist every word he says into some kind of conspiracy against us innocent toy buyers?
    All I am saying is that is feeling very forced. I never say a bad thing about TG. I felt like he was repeating it over and over because he knows it looks weird saying Ram Man isnt tooled while you are holding a factory version in your hand. Maybe TG can chip in and explain how a figure like tat is made by the factory if not tooled yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMaBo2 View Post
    Alright, we can do this!!!!!

You guys notice the head doesn't stay on Ram Man right? Because he's not tooled. He probably doesn't have the proper joints and sockets yet.

After watching it again, I think he keeps saying "they're not tooled" to keep people from saying "Ram Man falls apart, QC! QC!"
    Could be, but TG drops every thing during SDCC walkthroughs too!

Quote Originally Posted by JeMaBo2 View Post

Mid 80%! That's pretty cool. 83-86% or so then. That means we only have about 15% more or so to go with three more days. Also, I'm sure some people who got paid today haven't signed up yet as they aren't off of work.

Cautiously optimistic.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Toyguru really REALLY needs to be careful with his words.

In the same day he's quoted as saying "I know we're going to do it. I know we are."

And "We do not have a vairant planned and the sub is NOT going through at this point. We have not hit the min yet. Hopefully by Monday we will." This is the full quote. But what people are going to see is "We do not have a vairant planned and the sub is NOT going through at this point."

The statement worries me.
    We're doing well, but we aren't out of the woods yet. People get paid today and tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll get so close that the sub will go through anyway.
    TG better have a great backup plan.

Heroic Warrior Strongdar, Master of Acom's Avatar
    I always wait until the last day to sign up so you've got mine coming.

But there's just no way this doesn't go through at above 80%. They can easily switch plans to making that many more figures available for day-of-sale. And with day-of-sale figures still selling out in like 1-2 days this year, they can easily take the chance they'll last a little longer if the other alternative is to refuse all this money from people. And we can be sure 100% is not their break-even point, that is a point with enough healthy profit built in to keep the execs happy.

And DCU went through last year at a last known total of 62% so, again, there's just no way this isn't greenlit.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Mid 80 doesnt make me feel good.
    People get paid today and tomorrow. We might see a huge surge on the last day.

15% more to go!

We Are in the mid 80s!
    wow. very impressive work he-man fans!

Coolness!
    ----------

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Mid 80%! That's pretty cool. 83-86% or so then. That means we only have about 15% more or so to go with three more days. Also, I'm sure some people who got paid today haven't signed up yet as they aren't off of work.

Cautiously optimistic.
    I've been cautiously optimistic the whole time...since we were told we could be in trouble. Looks like it's starting to brighten up though.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

You guys know about the mid 80's news...but Strobo's gat is now a Long-Lost Weapon!

% update

Well we fans will go to work this weekend getting you what you need. Count on us! But we need to know, how close? Wed. it was about 70%, how much have we gained? I am hoping around 85%? Give us what we need to know Scott, we'll do the rest.

We Are in the mid 80s!
    Strobo's gun

Fans are excited about the Strobo gun. Is it possible to swap out the meteor and stand for the gun?

No. But I'm sure like other dropped accessories we'll look into getting this out one day. maybe a future weapon pak or a similar fig (we did get to that unmasked Zodak head, in fact with this very figure!)

But definitely can't change any accessories or sculp of any 2013 figure. We can only adjust 2014 and we are waiting on sub sales for 13 to see what if anything 2014 can be. It all depends on 2013 sales.
    Please correct Strobo's helmet

By removing the red stripe from the top of his helmet, the figure no longer accurately portrays the character as we remember him. Mattel should learn from the mistake it made with Stinkor's forearms. We don't want reinvented characters. Please give us the characters we know and love. Strobo was perfectly fine with the accurate red helmet striping.

He does have the stripe as shown at SDCC. But he does not include the gun. We couldn't afford it this time around.

Damn, too bad about Strobo's gun, it is pretty awesome.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Well its one more thing to include in the next weapons pack

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    can't say i'm completely bummed...we are getting a zodak head and a cool display piece. The gun will likely come out with the next weapons pak