Page 152 of 188 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Day-yum... this is the nail biter to end all nail biters! I can see that missing 15% coming through in the next 48 hours. Heck, we've subbed up over 150% w/in 48 hours historically, so 15% should be a cake walk.

I'm going for a 4th... I've decided. It's gonna be really tight once everything goes through and I have to actually PAY for the subs (esp. during the $75 per 3-pack month), but g-damn it will be worth it to know the subs actually went through! And yes, this is assuming my one extra made all the difference!

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    Just saw on Matty....we are in the mid 80's. Let keep the push going.
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Quote Originally Posted by JeMaBo2 View Post
    Scott just updated that we are in the mid 80% now
    Right on!! We can do this MotU fans!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You guys know about the mid 80's news...but Strobo's gat is now a Long-Lost Weapon!
    That infuriates me. When I saw that weapon, I thought it increased Strobo's coolness factor times a thousand. How can they still be cutting accessories in 2013 with the increased prices?! BLOWS. MY. MIND. Sadly, I've reached a point after this past week or two where I don't even care anymore if this line continues or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Adora NJ View Post
    Just saw on Matty....we are in the mid 80's. Let keep the push going.
    Yes! Which celebs can we bug next?

Get off the fence and jump in!

Hey Matty, finish my Battle Ram, please!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    That infuriates me. When I saw that weapon, I thought it increased Strobo's coolness factor times a thousand. How can they still be cutting accessories in 2013 with the increased prices?! BLOWS. MY. MIND. Sadly, I've reached a point after this past week or two where I don't even care anymore if this line continues or not.
    Makes sense when you consider the overall drop in interest in the line, the fact that we're barely scraping into the finish line at 100% solvent (still 15% left to go) on the subs, and the margins are much tighter in 2013. But I get what you're saying. Scott indicated in previous talk-backs that they were raising the price SO that they could do more weapons, alt heads, paint apps, etc. Seems kind of like that may not be turning out to be true, at least in a manner of speaking. There's just so much behind the scenes money shuffling that we the average citizen are not privy to. Makes lots of guesswork necessary.

Heroic Warrior Strongdar, Master of Acom's Avatar
    Good job, guys. Now let MOTUC coast on this momentum for a while because the DCU sub is the one that needs your help now.

DCUIE_Fullsieimage7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Makes sense when you consider the overall drop in interest in the line, the fact that we're barely scraping into the finish line at 100% solvent (still 15% left to go) on the subs, and the margins are much tighter in 2013. But I get what you're saying. Scott indicated in previous talk-backs that they were raising the price SO that they could do more weapons, alt heads, paint apps, etc. Seems kind of like that may not be turning out to be true, at least in a manner of speaking. There's just so much behind the scenes money shuffling that we the average citizen are not privy to. Makes lots of guesswork necessary.
    I believe he said they were raising the prices so they wouldn't have to CUT accessories and paint apps.

Production costs are up!

I don't understand why DCUC struggles...they had 20 mass market retail waves, but can't find enough fans to subscribe for 12 figures? It looked like a good lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongdar, Master of Acom View Post
    Good job, guys. Now let MOTUC coast on this momentum for a while because the DCU sub is the one that needs your help now.

DCUIE_Fullsieimage7.jpg
    Do it for Kite-Man!

I'm starting to question Mattels truths during this sub push and 2013 in general. I thought part of the increase in costs was to stop the cutting of accessories? Now it's already being stated that Strobo will not have his gun. And it can't be swapped for the rock for some reason, even though TG has stated that no tooling has started on him.

J

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I believe he said they were raising the prices so they wouldn't have to CUT accessories and paint apps.

Production costs are up!
    But, but... doesn't Strobo's gun getting the axe represent a CUT accessory?

EDIT: What 'BigSexy' said! ^ All of these accessories (heck, even paint jobs and such) should be fairly fluid if no steel molds have been cut. I get that each change probably requires a certain amount of R&D time and this has be essentially started from scratch if a change is made, but the gun already exists! Simply swap it for the rock and bam, done.

I was ticked at first about the gun, but lets think about it this fora second.

it was the 4HM that took that pic from my understanding, so hence why Mattel didnt show the gun at SDCC.

Now lets also compare TOD Sorcress vs Strobo

TODS only came with 1 new tooled part and lost her bird.

Strobo comes with a new cape, a new zodak head, and a orb/orb stand. and even a new "mirror" sticker

so really we are getting more in 2013 vs 2012 show figure
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post

I just don't want to be getting all jazzed up for each figure they reveal to be told weeks or months later "Oh yeah, that's not happening. But hey- we'll stick it in a Weapons Pak if/when we get to it!"
    I'm not falling for that anymore. The line is barely limping along. I seriously doubt that unless there is already a 4th Weapons Pak in the 2013 line up that they're going to find the space for one in 2014.
    It was bad enough being shown Netossa and them saying "Yup, that's it right there" when she's glaringly missing an additional accessory/wardrobe pieces. Now we're getting weapons pulled again in 2013. Yeah, great- you put Zodak's head in there. But that's an accessory for ZODAK, not for STROBO. I dunno... maybe I'm just overall angry right now. I need a time out... LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strongdar, Master of Acom View Post

DCUIE_Fullsieimage7.jpg

I'm pretty sure that despite this janky thermometer, DC will still go forward, just like last year.

I'm a little behind (just saw the Ram Man video) but for international collectors, just in case anyone missed it:

No matter what shipping option you chose as an international collector, if your product is damaged or defective, you are able to return it to Mattel for a replacement or refund. You pay the initial shipping fee to ship it back, but that fee is reimbursed to you once Mattel ships out the replacement or refund.

So sayeth the mighty ToyGuru in the latest video.

That's a huge step in the right direction, because I know many of us were bothered by having to pay return shipping costs.

I'll be subbing tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I dunno... maybe I'm just overall angry right now. I need a time out... LOL.
    All good points Zodak. I can understand how feeling jerked around year after year might make a person question just about everything. I guess at this point what are our options. Speak up on MB's about Strobo's gun and hope they include it simply based on fan outcry, or say nothing and know they won't. I think you're doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Bless you sir. May your goats always give milk and your nights never be restless.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

Production costs are up!

http://1-2knockout.typepad.com/.a/6a...9336970b-800wi
    You're right-- I remember that same exact thing being in one of the q+a's. So, were going to pay $5 and still have to buy a weapons pack (AGAIN) to get the weapons we should have had in the first place? I mean, I'm happy that the sub looks like it could very well make it, but this other news.... Well, to be positive, this must be a sign that matty is positive the sub will make it because they're starting to drop bombshells now that they normally avoid to keep sales up ie ...subs safe--now lets tell them they're not going to get anymore POP or NA Figures!
    Last edited by He-Kal; August 3, 2012 at 07:00pm.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I was ticked at first about the gun, but lets think about it this fora second.

it was the 4HM that took that pic from my understanding, so hence why Mattel didnt show the gun at SDCC.

Now lets also compare TOD Sorcress vs Strobo

TODS only came with 1 new tooled part and lost her bird.

Strobo comes with a new cape, a new zodak head, and a orb/orb stand. and even a new "mirror" sticker

so really we are getting more in 2013 vs 2012 show figure
    Thanks for this contribution. I think you have put Strobo's accessories into the right context. Personally, I think the rock/stand and Zodak head are way cooler than the gun.

Poor ol' Matty cannot win, people argue too many obscure characters on one hand and then when the entire line is at risk the fans wail at loss of a mere weapon for said obscure figures...
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I'm a little behind (just saw the Ram Man video) but for international collectors, just in case anyone missed it:

No matter what shipping option you chose as an international collector, if your product is damaged or defective, you are able to return it to Mattel for a replacement or refund. You pay the initial shipping fee to ship it back, but that fee is reimbursed to you once Mattel ships out the replacement or refund.

So sayeth the mighty ToyGuru in the latest video.

That's a huge step in the right direction, because I know many of us were bothered by having to pay return shipping costs.

I really hope that many international fans that walked away from MOTUC when they thought defective products weren't going to be replaced come back and subscribe. Hopefully there is going to be a great 2013 for everybody.
    Eternian Collector

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    I'm starting to question Mattels truths during this sub push and 2013 in general. I thought part of the increase in costs was to stop the cutting of accessories? Now it's already being stated that Strobo will not have his gun. And it can't be swapped for the rock for some reason, even though TG has stated that no tooling has started on him.

J
    may be theyre planning to put that gun in the next weapons pack.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

If the Club Eternia sub pushes through at less than 100% of the minimum, we'll probably have accessories dropped left and right and missing deco 'hits'.

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    may be theyre planning to put that gun in the next weapons pack.
    Maybe they should include that gun in the first orders shipping in Jan... as a thank you once the subs go through!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I don't understand why DCUC struggles...they had 20 mass market retail waves, but can't find enough fans to subscribe for 12 figures? It looked like a good lineup.
    DCUC figures can't sell at retail. they are all on clearance in the states. someone said on the matty forum his local target had lots of them at 7.99 and the target employee told him that they still had hundreds of them in the warehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Thanks for this contribution. I think you have put Strobo's accessories into the right context. Personally, I think the rock/stand and Zodak head are way cooler than the gun.

Poor ol' Matty cannot win, people argue too many obscure characters on one hand and then when the entire line is at risk the fans wail at loss of a mere weapon for said obscure figures...
    You're probably right--and it's a good context to put it in. But, I REALLY dont think we should hear /see anymore cuts to figures now that were paying $25 . I'm trying to keep it in perspective too, just relieved the sub will make it too for sure, and I want to mainly focus on that good news (hope it's good news ), but if some bad info comes down the pike right now, I think it shouldnt be ignored either.