Page 3 of 188 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I would like to get a sub but unless they mark the package as being worth less than £15, i will get a custom charge for every figure, doubling the price I am paying every month. It's just to much, thanks to the greed of the UK govornment and postage service.
    I don't think they can even do that legally anyway. With a private seller, they can get away with fudging customs because nobody is going to care...it's just some random person selling stuff. With a big company like Mattel, it's totally different. If they start lying about their items' worth to fudge customs that's a big deal.

TBH I totally understand that Mattel's hands are tied on the customs issue. It really sucks (even for us 'Nucks) but really you can't blame Mattel, you can blame our own respective governments and postage services.

HOWEVER...the policy that they can't replace or refund international orders is just absurd. I'd be a little less bothered by it if they had said "International orders can no longer be replaced, only refunded." But to not have any insurance whatsoever from Mattel that something I bought and paid for will arrive?? And at $40 per figure?? Like, are you joking??

Why doesn't that policy extend to US buyers? Are international buyers total scum who just rip off Matty left and right? The only reason I can think of is that Mattel doesn't want to eat the cost of replacement packages, but in that case...just offer a refund. If they changed that policy, I'd feel a bit more comfortable with subbing at the increased cost.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I kinda hope the sub numbers are low... And if the line ends, so be it. it's not fun anymore anyway... Too much BS. After Ram Man... it's a rap for all I care.
    Maybe it's not fun for you anymore but to many collectors this line is great and a way to get the toys we couldn't get when we were kids. I don't quite understand why you are so mad about this matter if you have the money to purchase a sub...
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

@ He-Kal: Scott said we could lose half the subscriptions and still be okay. I seriously hope there's enough subs for us to continue on into 2014.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I really hope some of you guys have better manners INRL.

"if you cant afford it...go work"...seriously. I havent read anyone in this thread say "I cant afford that". Even if they had I hardly think anyone would have the right to hand out glibe comments to someone they dont know. This is a community and if, IMO, youre not supportive to others in the community you are breaking it down.

I think many people are really analyzing HOW they spend their money not do I have enough. For some people $500 + Shipping & tax can be better spent else where...

I think people who cant be nice should be the ones leaving this forum!!!
    Quoted for truth! Seriously, the animosity from some collectors towards others is ridiculous--it's one of the reasons so many POP and NA fans picked up stakes and left or went elsewhere!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I've bought 2 subs this year and one extra for a friend. same thing I do every year. I love sitting back and watching all the bickering between people when mattel forces the sub on everyone.. haha.

Buys sub folks! I know Matty isn't perfect, but there are a lot of great figures left!

If you're on the fence about a sub, just go buy one. If there is no line, there won't be a secondary market to buy from. I want to see this line continue until the end of 2014, minimum!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I think TG is really saying "too few subscribers=line cancelled." 4 more figures in 2013 and that's it. So if there are no more figures, the secondary market won't help you much!

The line exists because of subscribers. If you want figures, subscribe. Even if the line continues because enough subs sell (or some other reason) secondary prices will be higher due to lower quantities. The price you pay on the secondary market will add up, possibly even surpassing the price of the entire sub depending on how many you buy.

If you can subscribe, your helping create a future for Masters of the Universe, it's that simple.
    You take the words out of my mouth. Couldn't agree more.
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

I was happy yesterday about the Early Access information being clarified as only being for non-subscription stuff, now I'm back to not being so happy with this news. I wish the subscription wasn't considered the end all-be all to this line by Matty. Originally, it was just a way to help fans out through the bad website and fast sell outs, but certainly wasn't considered the lifeline. We had Matty talking about upping production until figures would be available on their website for weeks. Instead, they decided to put all their marbles into the subscription. I do hope they realize with popular characters like Ram Man and Horde Troopers that they should have a good amount of day of stock.

I probably should have bought 3 subs and and sold one of them for the price of the others. I can see Ram-man going for $200 next year. Shadow Weaver is over $100 right now and shes not even a must have. King Grayskull I just noticed is right around $50. They sub is right around $500 plus shipping.

I decided to start a loose collection this year and will be getting 2 subs. I am going to be really upset if they don't get enough sub orders and I don't get my figures...
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    I think TG is really saying "too few subscribers=line cancelled." 4 more figures in 2013 and that's it. So if there are no more figures, the secondary market won't help you much!

The line exists because of subscribers. If you want figures, subscribe. Even if the line continues because enough subs sell (or some other reason) secondary prices will be higher due to lower quantities. The price you pay on the secondary market will add up, possibly even surpassing the price of the entire sub depending on how many you buy.

If you can subscribe, your helping create a future for Masters of the Universe, it's that simple.

If that's the case, I'll just stop collecting and sell off the incomplete factions. I'm sure there is a market for loose figures. I'm not going to be a victim of Mattel... and I'm not going to be a victim of people trying to gouge prices on figures they claim are high in demand and low in quantity.

This guy is really horrible at P.R.
    Who is in charge of this line?
    Poorly written passive aggressive fear tactics and empty threats?
    Last edited by Carlaird; July 19, 2012 at 08:03pm.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    You know what, everyone??

SUB UP!!

Just DO IT.

I will not sit here in 2013 with the sausage fest on my shelves after supporting this line and every figure that has been released only to have it canceled without Angella, Glimmer, Castaspella, Kittrina, The Enchantress, Perfuma, , Sweet Bee, Entrapta, Scorpia, Rokkon, Stonedar, Granita, Modulok, Mantenna, Tung Lashor, Gwildor, Lodar, Blade, Saurod, Lizard Man, etc.

MOTUC is amazing. It can and will continue if you subscribe. International fans, work together. Or find an American friend to help with shipping.

I am only concerned about quality control.

If I get my two Netossa figures, and they are both broken or the paint is messed up, will there be enough customer service stock to replace them?
    You have no idea how much I agree with this! Seriously! We just got Filmation characters on the table! there's no secondary market if there's no line! If you can afford it, get a sub and trade or sell with other fans! I know the pilots 3 pack doesn't interest me but I know SOMEBODY will want it!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    Maybe it's not fun for you anymore but to many collectors this line is great and a way to get the toys we couldn't get when we were kids. I don't quite understand why you are so mad about this matter if you have the money to purchase a sub...
    It's the principle... I don't like greedy corporations. I'd rather see the line disappear than play by Mattel's rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    You have no idea how much I agree with this! Seriously! We just got Filmation characters on the table! there's no secondary market if there's no line! If you can afford it, get a sub and trade or sell with other fans! I know the pilots 3 pack doesn't interest me but I know SOMEBODY will want it!
    Kinda like they wanted the Star Sisters?

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    The "perks" have been set for a while, now. I'm sure it had nothing to do with people saying they weren't going to subscribe. People say that every year.

Moving to a mostly subscription service is the smartest move Mattel can make. It's obvious they're producing over demand, just look at the how many figures they have on perpetual sale. This will likely increase the number of subscriptions that sites like Big Bad Toystore will buy, which results in guaranteed sales for them, and less left over stock sitting in their warehouse.

People shouldn't worry about being able to pick up the classic MOTU characters. It's obvious that those are the most popular, and I'm sure that they'll still have day-of figures for those, such as Ram Man, and reduce the ones for less popular characters like Netossa. Again, I think this is the smartest move they can make, and as long as it keeps the MOTUC goodness flowing, I'm all for it.

<-----------is NERVOUS!!!!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Yeah..I saw the reveals. I want Ram Man. End of list so far. Oh wait..if he wins Mini comic Trap Jaw. I am not paying for all the stuff due out in those first months just to have to re sell them so I make sure Ram Man is picked up a couple days after the sale as we never get early shipping.
    So thanks for the heads up. If the line dies just after Ram Man I will be upset I didn't get two bad and maybe a horde trooper. Hope the line lives on without me and sorry if I kill it. Blame me or other pickers alike if you wish. I don't mind.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

It's the principle... I don't like greedy corporations. I'd rather see the line disappear than play by Mattel's rules.
    Wow, what a positive and constructive way of thinking.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Kinda like they wanted the Star Sisters?
    Did you ask your niece or neighbor's daughter if she'd like a pack? I'm sure she would have loved the gift!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

As long as there's a game, you're playing by someone's rules.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    Wow, what a positive and constructive way of thinking.
    I know... I'm a party pooper, but it's genuinely how I feel. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Why doesn't that policy extend to US buyers? Are international buyers total scum who just rip off Matty left and right? The only reason I can think of is that Mattel doesn't want to eat the cost of replacement packages, but in that case...just offer a refund. If they changed that policy, I'd feel a bit more comfortable with subbing at the increased cost.
    Because International Post can't be tracked, while Domestic packages can. They even tell you that right below the shipping options every time you buy some thing. Chances are, if the package states delivered all is well. If there's NO info. on it what so ever there's no telling what happened.

This is one area in which I'm on the other side of the fence and have to side with Mattel. I ship crap all the time internationally, but am SUPER hesitant on using some thing like "First Class" to do so. It's just super un-reliable and they're probably eating a TON of losses in the process.

If you were the seller and had people calling you non stop saying that nothing was delivered and as the SELLER had NO way to prove it what would you do? That's the position they're in.

Some like Priority Mail is much more expensive, but it can be tracked and is given much greater attention and care, but of course buyers don't want to pay the jacked up prices. That's not Mattel's fault it's the shipping services. It's a tough spot for every one, trust me.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Personally I love the line and I don't want it to disappear. Regardless if ToyGuru had posted this information or not, I have purchased a 2013 subscription and look forward to all the releases, whether it be a fave character or a not-so-fave. It's still Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power goodies!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Heroic Warrior
    As long as there's a game, you're playing by someone's rules.
    Yeah... my rules.

The 2013 subscription is my second subscription, i´m not even a toy collector i´m a Masters of the Universe Fan. My first Masters of the Universe figure i ever saw was Skeletor. I was four years old and as far as i remember i was scared of him but i was hooked.

Of course money is an issue, sure economy is an issue, i´m living in Austria (central Europe) so international shipping is an issue BUT all those issues a side, i really like my Masters of the Universe characters and i´m thrilled every time i´m open up one of these white mailer boxes.

So all i can say is i want more figures and if i only get them by telling the company yes i want them and give them a guarantee plus at the same time getting their guarantee they make them.

So be it.