Page 39 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Some updates via Pixel Dan's twitter:
    Good stuff...thanks for the update, bro!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Widget
    Pixels post seems really promising.
    I hope the continuation of the brand means keeping MOTUC, they have done too many figures to start all over at a new scale or in a new style.
    MOTUC has been perfect in regards of style and scale
    Come check out my illustrations!
    Lots of creepy monsters and half nekkid ladies!

http://www.facebook.com/RadioactiveUppercut

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Just bought my sub...here's hoping things stay alive long enough to get my Rio Blast!!!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Some updates via Pixel Dan's twitter:
    Wow that's very good news, especially the bit where he says he's sure they will get the minimum number subscribers required.
    However, I'm not too happy with the "the brand won't go away, there will be other MOTU toylines" answer. There's no way I'm starting all over again collecting a MOTU line that has a different scale/style/design than this one (we have talked about this in other threads, too).
    I would only buy a new toyline if it was compatible with MOTUC.
    For instance, if they did a new line based on the new DC comics re-designs of characters I would buy it if it used the MOTUC molds and was sculpted by the 4H so that it is compatible to MOTUC. I'd like a figure of "cleavage-Sorceress" Of course only if this new line included characters that never made it into MOTUC as well,other wise I wouldn't be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Wow.

Since my previous analogy was banned, I will use yours:

It's disturbing that a lot of people here find it acceptable to be kicked in the balls everyday as long as they are allowed to buy a chewed up piece of candy every other week.

Not as precise as as my previous analogy but it reflects the attitude of some people here.
    kup,
    I'm sorry that you fell treated this way by Mattel/Scott.
    But please also understand that many of us don't. I'm sorry if you had issues with DR, I really am. But please accept that others here have only had minor issues that got resolved in the end.
    Other people's experiences may have been different from yours...
    I'm still ahappy cusotmer although I'm from overseas and although I did have some issues with DR. In total, 3 shipments got lost only two of which were replaced. For one I only got a refund in the end but the refund was OK too and I used it to get the lost figures on ebay.

I love this line adn I still enjoy collecting it as well as just looking at my collection and thinking how great these figures are. Not even TMS changed that (in fact he looks quite neat with the pink Zodac armor from the weapons pack )
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Wow that's very good news, especially the bit where he says he's sure they will get the minimum number subscribers required.
    However, I'm not too happy with the "the brand won't go away, there will be other MOTU toylines" answer. There's no way I'm starting all over again collecting a MOTU line that has a different scale/style/design than this one (we have talked about this in other threads, too).
    I would only buy a new toyline if it was compatible with MOTUC.
    For instance, if they did a new line based on the new DC comics re-designs of characters I would buy it if it used the MOTUC molds and was sculpted by the 4H so that it is compatible to MOTUC. I'd like a figure of "cleavage-Sorceress" Of course only if this new line included characters that never made it into MOTUC as well,other wise I wouldn't be interested.
    I think the plan is going to be that they're going to start pushing MOTU back out into the public eye once the movie becomes more solidified. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a new MOTU cartoon coming out around 2014.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

ToyGuru: "When Classics does finish, MOTU as a brand won't go away. It will continue, possibly with new toy lines."
    Mattel realizes MOTU is an important brand. It'll be like Transformers, Star Wars, etc...ToyGuru promises MOTU wont go away.
    Well, that's something... I guess we'll have to wait and see...
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    I guess for me it is just sad having seen in the past the 200x experience and now the talk of no more MOTUC. I was a first time subscriber last year when I also bought Voltron and Ghostbusters subs. When they pulled the Ghostbusters sub and talked about how that would never happen to MOTUC, I got a bit on edge with all this talk. For me this is a great distraction from the tough times many of us experience so I am like i kid again waiting for my packages and every 15th of the month i get on and order my second figure when needed. I know all good things come to an end and I am hoping that with my subs this coming year we will see 2014 and beyond. I really would not mind a good looking 3 3/4 inch line with playsets and vehicles if they are as good as the Marvel universe series or gi joe series. I would not like it if they were like the dark knight rises figures that were released in that scale. I was and still am hoping that we see more vehicles and definitely more figures beyond this and even if they go down to 6 a year and a vehicle as a sub I would be all over it. These figures take me back to a childhood of fun times and great memories and i share that love with my kids and they like to check them out and ask questions. I am very very thankful that this line came out and it has already created many new fun memories and hopefully this wonderful brand will be for a lonnnnnng time.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

I really do hope 2013 sees the sub survive, only for the sake of the figures, and the fans who want a fairy complete collection....I'd hate to see the line fade away with all that is left after December.

No increase for 2014, if the sub stays steady at 12 figures, and the 4 quarterly slots, then I could possibly see my way to it for 2014 too....especially if we get the high demanded / needed figures....But I don't see 2014 being a low priced sub if they are trying to get all the heavies out at once....at least stretch it to 2015 with no fillers, only much demanded figures....I don't want the line to end, but realisticlly the remaining Vintage and POP would have only carried a line that would have been after full of fillers and much less demanded or know characters....

But the remaining popular Vintage, POP and other "MAIN" guys would take us into 2015, then possibly be done, but what the line started as, will be the way it ends, Vintage MOTU characters ("MAIN" one off Filmation and all)....POP and all, Not new guys taking spots....The 30th line was a separate line you could have chosen to buy or not....so I really don't count that other than a few of the figures are taking too much spotlight from older undeveloped guys...
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    QFT!

True.

Yeah, but he's the Brand Manager! It's his job. He gets paid to do it. I just want him to start being accountable for what he says!

Good for you I'm always happy to hear that people have had no problems. My only counter to your statement is to ask whether or not you bought King Hiss, Roboto, Snout Spout, Goddess, or Swift Wind for starters? They all had well documented widespread QC or assembly faults (even Scott acknowledged them!) not exclusively discussed on these forums. That's to say nothing of the Fisto Sub debacle earlier this year, or the on-going DR problems... I'm not sure how anyone has avoided those...

Guess I'm in the same boat-- with the exception of Mo-larr, I haven't missed a figure to date-- I originally didn't notice the reversed shoulders and other problems. I found out about them after-the-fact on the boards. The DR quality issues do suck and yeah, I've been burned by them. I know countless others have been burned several times, so, it's not to say, I don't understand people's frustration-- I do-- but, personally, I can see passed all of this, because, I love MOTU and this is probably one of the only times we'll see these figures actually made. It's a bit of a blessing in itself that we're seeing them at all. Reading all this doom and gloom has a dampening effect and does overshadow the fun and enthusiasm -- Thanks to everyone remaining hopeful and still having fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    I think the plan is going to be that they're going to start pushing MOTU back out into the public eye once the movie becomes more solidified. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a new MOTU cartoon coming out around 2014.
    I'd like that very much
    I'll support anything as long as there's MOTUC
    Awesome sticker included!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Mattel should NEVER cancel Classics if that's the case. Make the line smaller, with a few characters a year, but never cancel it. This should be MOTU's version of Transformers Generations.

Unless the 4H start making Classics figures with unique sculpts, I can't see how any new MOTU line could beat this one.
    Agreed!!!
    With just 6 figures a year at $25, it would be $150 a year + s&h which isn't too bad.
    I would buy 2 or 3 subs of those to keep the line going
    so it can pump out all of the unique figures of all Factions that used to have a figure and
    for as many of the Filmation/Jetlag/MYP characters as possible!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

2014 promises to complete the vintage MOTU figures and core PoP and NA. Its already figured out.
    I hope he goes through with that. Although I wouldn't mind sacrificing core NA for a few more Mini-Comic characters.

ToyGuru: "When Classics does finish, MOTU as a brand won't go away. It will continue, possibly with new toy lines."

Mattel realizes MOTU is an important brand. It'll be like Transformers, Star Wars, etc...ToyGuru promises MOTU wont go away.
    I'm telling you know: they are already working on the next generation of Masters of the Universe ... and if it isn't a He-Ro, son of He-Man type of thing but a 200X kind of reboot, I'm willing to give it a chance.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Here is Mattel's plan moving forward.

Source
    Well that sounds a little more reassuring, and may be the best way to go.

Really great news from PD and a very needed update. A mighty big thanks to everyone involved in putting the podcast together!

Sounds like the ideal set up for me! The vintage line complete with A listed from POP and NA by the end of 2014. Then the line continues with less figures to fill in remaining gaps! Perfect! And as long as there is MOTUC, I will be there.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, it's great to hear some positive news. Thanks for the update Pixel Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by Asher99 View Post
    They have to count on a minimum number of figures sold BEFOREHAND.
    I have no problem telling how many figures I want and would pay up front...but let me pre-order and tell them what I want to buy not the other way around.
    Matty needs to do pre-orders !!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    But then that goes back to questions of personal preference.

You see, for ME, those Fighting Foe Men ARE nostalgic. I've wanted those figures since I saw the model kits in K&K Toys when I was a kid, just like I want the Wind Raider pilot.

On the other hand, I never liked the Filmation MOTU/POP or NA cartoons, so I have ZERO nostalgia there.
    Agreed sir! There are so many personal opinions it is impossible to please everyone all the time. I have found that each new figure regardless of faction is a good, fun addition. This is why I want the line to give us EVERYTHING possible. I wouldnt mind them doing the new all vintage as long as we get Dare and other new characters at some point.

So relieved hearing what Dan found out from Scott. It is a much better morning than the last few.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Why would the line be reduced to 6 figures and not 12?
    I think they should be doing something like that NOW.
    6-8 standard monthly figures. 2 oversized/variant. And that's it.
    If they were able I'd say axe a large chunk of 2013, but they probably can't, so do it in 2014 going forward.
    It would make the sub more affordable. They could spread out some bigger names rather than putting them out all in one year. And a lot of characters would have a chance to be made that likely have zero chance under this plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I think they should be doing something like that NOW.
    6-8 standard monthly figures. 2 oversized/variant. And that's it.
    If they were able I'd say axe a large chunk of 2013, but they probably can't, so do it in 2014 going forward.
    It would make the sub more affordable. They could spread out some bigger names rather than putting them out all in one year. And a lot of characters would have a chance to be made that likely have zero chance under this plan.
    I think the price is not the biggest problem until you add shipping to it also. I think for international people and a lot of domestic customers it would be beneficial to switch to a bi-monthly or quarterly sale system. It would save a lot on shipping which would still allow the 12 figures plus oversived. It wouldn't be the best not getting something every month but it would cut costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I hope he goes through with that. Although I wouldn't mind sacrificing core NA for a few more Mini-Comic characters.

I'm telling you know: they are already working on the next generation of Masters of the Universe ... and if it isn't a He-Ro, son of He-Man type of thing but a 200X kind of reboot, I'm willing to give it a chance.
    I want them in classics sculpt....something that fits, otherwise easy pass.....after you made love for four years with nathalie portman or jessica biel and you must return to your cute girlfriend when its over, aren't you going to be a little be ****** and have a few regrets? or at least think about the past and the better line....
    MOTUC is nathalie portman, obviously.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

if TG is telling the truth and this brand's long term health is heavily reliant on subscribers, is it really a scare tactic? or is just the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I think the price is not the biggest problem until you add shipping to it also. I think for international people and a lot of domestic customers it would be beneficial to switch to a bi-monthly or quarterly sale system. It would save a lot on shipping which would still allow the 12 figures plus oversived. It wouldn't be the best not getting something every month but it would cut costs.
    Spreading them out bi-monthly is also a good idea due to the shipping. But imagine imagine $150 or more getting knocked off the sub price right off the bat b/c of less product. A lot of people might look at the sub differently.
    I hate to say it b/c I love the variants and all the character selection each year. I just think that with the price increase, having 12 monthly figures each year, plus 4 other slots, is unsustainable. They're down 70% in sub sales, and that's with Ram Man and Jitsu leading off. If those guys can't sell a sub, then my view is that whole thing needs to be reworked into a different model, not by trying the same thing again in 2014. There may be some big names left, but they are nothing in comparison to those two.
    So my view would be maybe 8 monthlies. 2 variant or oversized, the SDCC exclusive, and maybe a non-sub item, in the 4 months without a standard figure.

You see, for ME, those Fighting Foe Men ARE nostalgic. I've wanted those figures since I saw the model kits in K&K Toys when I was a kid, just like I want the Wind Raider pilot.
    I gotta agree with you on this! I was never able to get the "Actual" toy version of the talon fighter, or attack trak back as a kid. These WERE what I had, so seeing the box art guys is SUPER COOL for me!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    if TG is telling the truth and this brand's long term health is heavily reliant on subscribers, is it really a scare tactic? or is just the truth?
    I doubt it is a scare tactic. Look as his body language and eye motions in the video. He is being very honest. Just because the man works for Mattel and is told to push the subs does not mean everything he says is a lie or just to make money. The corporation itself is in it for the profits, Scott is in it for both, as a fan and for his job, but this video clearly shows his feelings as a fan of the line.

If you are worried about not getting certain figures, get the sub. If you are worried about the line ending, get the sub. If you cannot afford it, then do not get the sub. No one is forcing you to get the sub, the situation is what it is. The outcome will be whatever it ends up being. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

On the other hand, I never liked the Filmation MOTU/POP or NA cartoons, so I have ZERO nostalgia there.
    It doesn't make business sense to have these guys as a three-pack in the sub. As cool as they might look, you're one of a handful of people who has a nostalgic attachment to them. They were background characters whose faces and bodies were almost completely obscured by their model kit vehicles. Most people had never seen or heard of them.

As it stands, any three-pack would have been a bad idea, although a Filmation characters three-pack would have gone down a lot better with most people.