Page 49 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    yeah the more I think about it, the more Im sure we will hit the min in the last 2 weeks, just feels so weird having to worry about MOTUC going through
    I know right? People are screaming out for a thermometer, but thats exactly what we DONT want. The DC thermometer never moved last year, and if I remember it NEVER hit the minimum by the cut off date but it was still a go. Screw the thermometer, 2 weeks is plenty of time for the MOTUC community to "sub up, or shut up". LOL
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    So TG commented on why they will not extend the deadline, he said it was one of the reasons for all the delays last year in product, they want to be place the orders for the Jan figures Aug 7th, to make sure they show up on time.

But I would think if we do not have the min for MOTUC by then, it would be better to have late figures, then no figures at all
    I agree!!!!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

yeah the more I think about it, the more Im sure we will hit the min in the last 2 weeks, just feels so weird having to worry about MOTUC going through
    I think this "killin teh lien" scare has happened literally every year. I remember last year the exact same thing happened when TG mentioned subs were "lowest yet."

Sorry, but one more info from Guru and I really won't buy a sub! Keep your figures with more mistakes than everything else. Keep your fanmade characters ,that no one want. There are only 6 Figures (counting fighting fo as one) that are announced. And the rest? I will not buy a sub, because I'm a cherry picker. I don't want everything, that mattel want to sell and I don't buy anything. Even if they cancel the line.
    When I buy a statue, I know the quality level is much higher than the plastic figures mattel want to sell, for every year more money.

i agree with Danny
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

I'm sooo tempted to buy a second sub, but I'm afraid that I'm gonna be bombarded with POP figures next year that I don't know what to do with, not to mention an extra set of the Fighting Foe Men!!! Plus, I really don't have the space anymore for the extra figures in my very tiny apartment.
    I have to sleep on it for the next few days before I make such a decision.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

go for it!! darkosis after that u sold the items u dont want! )))
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I think this "killin teh lien" scare has happened literally every year. I remember last year the exact same thing happened when TG mentioned subs were "lowest yet."
    but i think this year the line is really in danger of being cancel; otherwise, TG wouldn't rework the road map and try to push all the major figures out before the end of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    but i think this year the line is really in danger of being cancel; otherwise, TG wouldn't rework the road map and try to push all the major figures out before the end of 2014.
    Not that I'm doubting TG, but I guess we'll see once the official sub numbers roll in. If anything, I take comfort in the fact that he's said they'll try to finish all the major cast and factions before the line ends. So, at least there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yes. I'm certain that the moment Mattel knows for sure that the minimum has been hit, they will announce it.
    yeah thats why this silence is killing me.....
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    yeah thats why this silence is killing me.....

Yeah, I know it's Monday and it was surely a busy morning with the SDCC stuff going on sale, but it's 3:00...I think it's about time for an update--good or bad, give us some news!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Maybe the deal going through with Dreamworks has crowded out the other stuff for Scott today? News is overdue!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    They can't keep selling two to three packs with the individual prices of the figures. They do this at retail too. It feels too heavy on the wallet. If you're selling a two pack, give a $5 discount and a $10 on the three pack. Make it feel like a deal instead of making it sound more expensive.
    such an excellent point.

think about it like this. if mattel has a standing order of 20k units per product, then when it's a single figure, they are planning to sell 20k figures. if it's a 2 pack, they are essentially selling 40k figures. there should be a discount right there. my understanding is that part of the reason these figures are so expensive is because it's a small line. if that's true, then logic dictates that if you make double the figures, your costs should go down. a 3 pack should have even more of a discount.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The DC sub should have been cancelled according to the thermometer last year. It only reached 70-75% of what it needed to go through (100%). Mattel went completely silent. Then, after what seemed like forever, they said they were going to TRY the sub this year, but if it had the same level of subs next year, it would be cancelled.

So, when TG says that DC is right on track where it was last year, that's not a good thing!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yes. I'm certain that the moment Mattel knows for sure that the minimum has been hit, they will announce it.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. They might hit the minimum but have the idea that if we sweat it out longer more people on the fence might sub up and raise profits. If we know that its safe for the year I think (that mattel thinks) people will just not bother subbing up.

I hope I"m wrong and we know sooner what the scoop is cause its killing me. haha

I doubt Mattel will announce "We hit the minimum, everyone stop buying subs!". They'll probably choose the news carefully.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    such an excellent point.

think about it like this. if mattel has a standing order of 20k units per product, then when it's a single figure, they are planning to sell 20k figures. if it's a 2 pack, they are essentially selling 40k figures. there should be a discount right there. my understanding is that part of the reason these figures are so expensive is because it's a small line. if that's true, then logic dictates that if you make double the figures, your costs should go down. a 3 pack should have even more of a discount.
    I don't think it works like that. A 2 pack may be 40k figures but it's still only 20k of each figure, so no economies of scale there. I guess the main saving on a multipack is less packaging and shipping

Screw the thermometer, it will just have more people complaining that it wasn't updated verey day. Extending the subscription period is useless!! If you can't make your mind up in the 3 week sign-up period, with all the info we have now and what has been shown, than another week is not going to matter. I don't think Scott or Mattel needs to report in everyday to the vocal minority with how many subs are sold.

We all knew a couple of months ago prices were going up. We knew when the sign-up period was going to be and for how long. We now have a ton of extra info plus several figures revealed from next year. If you aren't prepared to make the commitement now NOTHING is going to change your mind no matter when the sign-up ends.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Traveler
    to go on record... i gave consideration to dropping down to one sub this year. ive started opening the figures, and im not really sure what to do with my MOC collection (due to space issues). however, in the end i bought two again. i think the figures are great. i thing the 4H are great. i think the fact that we have a brand manager that gives a hoot is great. i do wish the QC stuff would all get resolved. ive also had my fair share of issues with DRI, but its hard for me to blame mattel for that, at this point changing vendors seems too risky to start all over.

i want two bad. and i want those mini-masters. and ill keep buying the subs as long as they make em.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I doubt Mattel will announce "We hit the minimum, everyone stop buying subs!". They'll probably choose the news carefully.
    Or they might try to hit a secondary goal past the minimum like they are doing with DC.

"We hit the minimum, but we still need more subscriptions so that we can get even more 100% tools for characters such as Modulok, Multibot, Gwildor, Rotar, Twistoid, Blast Attack and the Rock People!" It's a pity more subs can't get us an extra Netossa head or weapons.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I bought my one sub, the same as I've bought every year since it was an option. If I had more money and space, I would consider a second, but frankly I have neither.

I am very glad to hear that they at least have the major factions planned for completion by the end of 2014; at that point I would still gladly sign up for an every-other-month sub to A) Save money on a yearly basis and B) still get some of those cool obscure/concept/"lesser known" characters.

I would love it if MOTUC continued on and on (and on and on ...) in the same style, even if the number of offerings each year was less.

Here's hoping both this year and next year hit that minimum number!

I think that this plan worked out for Mattel. I'm reading a lot that people are buying more then they usually do.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Yeah, I agree with the forum members who don't need to see a thermometer graphic. It will just cause more stress and infighting. The DC thermometer didn't help that line last year, either MOTUC will reach the minimum orders or it won't. I'd rather find out after it's all said and done, since I doubt a graphic will convince anyone who isn't buying a sub to suddenly change their mind on the matter.

Is it wrong that I am glad they've been telling us the line is on thin ice just so we can get start seeing more core POP/NA figures? We're getting the line re-shuffled with a basic guarantee that we'll see some heavy hitters...I'm happy with this news (even though I DO NOT want the line to end.)

I will probably sub on the last day. It is my silent protest for all of the Digital River garbage I had to deal with this year.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070