Page 50 of 188 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Page 50!!! Wooooooooohoooooooo!!!!!

Next SDCC exclusive ?

First, thank you for all you are trying to do to continue the line.

I'm here since the beginning and I'll be here in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, etc...

I am aware that Madame Razz is a whole new tooling. This said, she is an essential character just like Orko is, we like it or not. Do you think you can distribute this Filmation fan favorite as Queen Marlena before, please ? A SDCC exclusive, with Broom, of course, would be amazing. Perhaps with Loo-Kee or Kowl as bonus, just like Cringer with Marlena. I will pay a lot for this exclusive I have to say ! Thank you for your precious time, Toyguru.

(Buy the subs, buddies !!!)

Great idea, you will need to wait and see.
    Catchpa words

Can u please tell digital river to fix there catchpa screen for checkoutI went thru it three times during checkout today because the letters were unreadable and I missed out on the scarah scream doll for my niece because of this idiotic word and letter order.

Will note.
    Can You Move FFM To 3rd OR 4th Quarter & Bring Any 1 Of Remaining 2 Quarterly Slots ?

As the question says, If you really can’t take the FFM 3 pack away from Subscription, can you atleast push it to 3rd OR 4th quarter & bring any one of the remaining quarterly slots forward ?

Please don’t shoot this one too ! I can understand that you can’t reveal the whole 2013 line-up, but swapping the quarterly slots may bring some interest in buying the subs !

And, If you can’t reveal the $50.00 item (OR) $25.00 item for now, that’s fine. You can always reveal that @ Power Con OR later sometime this year (But I do believe revealing them would make EVEN more interest in getting a sub).

With Price & Shipping hikes beginning from 2013, doing this will insure the customers paying less money for their subs (Well, atleast for the 1st two quarters) . I am sure things will be settled by then & people will be ready for “expensive” FFM during the 3rd OR 4th Quarter !!

Nope. For the last time (and sorry to be snooty) but we CAN NOT make changes to 2013. You are in or out. And if we don't get enough in we will need to move on.
    Sub Thermometer Going Up?

Hey Scott. I know your working on it but do you have a close approxamation when you think a sub meter could be up on the Club Eternia page so all us fanboys can see how close we are. i know next years subs and reveal will blow everyone away if we can get over this one hurdle

We are working on this!
    SDCC promtion material available for download?

Any chance the SDCC Vykron poster can be available for download at Mattyycollector somehow? Also any chance the 30 anniv. cards with the designer's sketches to be available? I imagine that if there would be more funding allocated to the 30 anniv line these cards could be included in a similar way as the minicomics with the interviews that Captain Atkin did for he-man.org. If the cards are available for download fans can do this themselves. Thanks.

I'll look into it!
    Feature Request: Huge Subscriptions ships in lots and there is a small issue ;-) 2.0

is it possible, by starting the 2013 subs, to put in each parcel (without an invoice, when subs ships combined in lots) a peace of paper with a notice for the custom duty?

Reason:
    In the past the combined subs was shipped in lots, in more than 1 parcel. This is okay for me, but the local customs does not recognize that one order was ship in lots. Thats a problem for paying the tax/toll, sometimes i've payed twice and must wait months to get back the money.

Solution:
    I've the idea, that in the "first parcel of the lot" within the complete invoice (like it is currently) and in all other parcels like 2 of x and 3 of x within only a peace of paper with some notices for the customs, like:

ATTENTION!
    This parcel is only a part of an other shipment. The invoice of all items and parcels will be in the parcel with the number 1 of x and the same order number. The order number and parcel lot number will be shown on the site of the parcels (here should be shown a generic sample picture) on every part of the lot....

(or like this)

I'll pass this off to the team to look into.
    Is Shield Maiden's visor clear?

Will the Shield Maiden's visor by translucent or will it be painted? Makes a huge difference. Just ask DCUC Eradicator!

I honestly don't know yet.
    Could the FFM be released as 3 separate figures, but still be in the sub?

I know that is has been said that 2013 is locked in, and that no changes in the planned line up of figures can be made. And people have asked if the Fighting Foe Men can be released as a non-sub item, the response to which has been no as well.

Would it instead be possible to simply not release them as a 3 pack? Instead release them as 3 separate, individual figures, and perhaps release them one at a time in addition to the normal monthly figure during months that don't already have another bonus item? Maybe they could be released 1 each for 3 months in a row. It would only really require a change in the packaging, but not any changes to the planned figures, themselves, the prototypes, or the tooling needed for them.

That way it wouldn't be as big of a hit on people's wallets all at once, they would be easier to resell on the secondary market individually rather than as an expensive 3 pack (making people who don't want them more inclined to subscribe), and the total cost commitment of the subscription would be the same since 3 individual figures at $25 each totals the same cost as a single $75 3-pack. People are still getting the same product that was said to be included in the sub, just packaged a little differently.

No. Our P&L is a careful balance. We can't make any changes to 2013.
    Main Characters Pack

It could be posible to see core characters as two or three pack? for example: Flying Fist He-Man + Terror Claws Skeletor or Angella and Glimmer two pack. Or others figures from NA, so this way we can get two or three of them in a row. (By the way, i love the Figthing Foe pack very much, specially the figure with the blue skin, i think his face sculpture and look is fantastic. From the start i allways was buying two sub but this year i became unnemployed because the company i was working ends operations on february but i made some adjustments and at least i have one sub. I'm allways be a faithfull fan of MOTU.)

Anything is possible. But we need to sell the 2013 sub first. Step up fans!
    Can't 'FIGHT' My Love for FFM!

I know this 3-pack has come under quite a bit of scrutiny and fire lately from various sections of fandom (mostly I'd wager due to their price), but I have to say I am super excited to get The Fighting Foe men! I was never one of those clamoring to have these made ever since they showed up on the model kits, but once I saw them during the SDCC reveals I immediately fell in love with how incredibly ingenius they are top to bottom. The Horsemen really knocked it solidly out of the park with this set (when don't they?), and I just want to add my voice to the small but hopefully growing minority who say... bring on The Fighting Foe Men!!

I agree! These were highly demanded which is the only reason we did em! Many fans demanded it!
    Why do so many Spikors have a lazy eye?

I got my Spikor and although he is not looking staight ahead, he does not have a lazy eye. He is looking down and to the right which is odd but mnay other Spikor's have a lazy eye. What happened?

Every figure is hand painted. Their will be discrepencies. You can contact CS for a replacement if needed.
    Do you want my business?

I just tried to do my part and buy 3 MOTU, 3 CIE and 2 Watchmen subs on your subscription page. I got a Server Error refusing my purchase. I will not be calling customer service to place my order. You might want to have someone correct this or you will lose my sale. Take it anyway you want, but if you lose someone like me(I have purchased at least two or more of every single JLU, MOTU, and DCUC item you have offered since your website has gone up), your lines are going to be done sooner than later. Thank you.

I'll pass this along to CS to help.
    Evil-Lyn's Great Unrest shield

Quick question:

Teela's shield in the Great Unrest Weapons pack is in light blue, presumably for Evil-Lyn. Will it have metallic paint accents in the center bolt and the studs like Teela's shield did? I can't make out the paint clearly, and I am hoping this detail was added to match her wand.

No,it will not have metallic
    Rattlor's belt?

can Rattlors snake belt pop off like Fisto's? and will he come with the Horde arm band?

No. It is part of the sculpt
    Don't put variants in the sub ... and here's why ...

When 2014 comes around,you're better putting 'characters' in the sub rather than variants, the reason for this is simple.

If you intend to then complete anything left through convention figures or 2 and 3 packs, a New Adventures He Man and Skeletor pack, or a Flying Fists He Man as an SDCC exclusive is gonna sell a heck of a lot more on day of sale than randomly releasing Mermista or Flutterina.

You can randomly release a Snake Armour He Man or a Terror Claws Skeletor and people will buy it regardless. Randomly releasing a POP, Filmation or NA character out of nowhere is just that, random, and won't sell as well without the 'rest of the line' backing it up, whereas a He Man or Skeletor figure always will.

For that reason keep the monthly slots to all new characters that haven't had a figure yet.

hope this makes sense and I look forward to great things coming out in 2013, 2014, & 2015 :-)

Great suggestions.
    Fairness in the Factions

I have bought a sub every year and just bought three Vykrons today as well as a sub on the 13th. But i would like some reassurance that there is some New Adventures and at least one more vintage toy POP in 2013. The POP fans are a large # of the completesits that help keep this line alive and we and NEW ADVENTURES are the ones that are most sorely missing our beloved characters. Throw us a bone if u want more subscribers to join me> It is really high time we get either Casta, Angella, or Glimmer this coming year. Than the remaining plus at least Mermista in 2014 the completeists want everything thus the word complete being in there.

The cherry pickers that are only after the vintage which has been incredibly catered to are now starting to think about leaving after they got their Holy Grails of Ram Man, Mekaneck, Rattlor, Spikor, Sorceress, Fisto, Kobra Khan, Stinkor, Mosquitor and Jitsu all in 14 months where as Pop fans have gotten She-Ra, Bow, Frosta, the Star Sisters, and Netossa in 4 and a half years and poor New Adventures has gotten three figures in 4 and a half years there should've always been at least two of each in the sub. The NA and POP fans myself included are getting sick of supporting a line to cater to the very people that won't buy a sub. But the people that are buying the subs u don't throw a bone.

More grest figs are coming but only if the 2013 sub sells the min amount.
    More Than two POP (and Octavia does NOT count)

quote:At min 2 monthly slots of each per year every year now. Maybe more....

Remember, there aren't THAT many POP and NA characters. If we did 2-3 per year for the next four years that is 8 to 12 figures in more years

Seriously??? TG two days ago you were practically begging us to buy subs, saying that you would be sure that POP and NA would have fairer representation in the line up, aiming for 2014 NOT '4 years down the road'.

I bought 3 subs and I know many other of us 'Pesky POP fans' bought them too, we are NOT the ones abandoning the line because we have all the figures we want, we are the ones who want them all. and we are the ones you have issues with?

Your personal disregard for POP and NA is evident...we all see it plainly, but I have to let you in on a secret....

....This line is NOT for you, Its Our's...you know the idiots that give you our money because we love the items.

Stop making Excuses, Stop trying to please the ungrateful 'Boys Club' and start living up to your word.

Castaspella has to happen next year, Octavia DOES not count as POP.

Why in the world does Octavia not count? not saying she is or isn't in 2013 but I 100% disagree with you. Octavia would be a great figure.
    Snake men 2-pack

I don't know if you posted this somewhere,But i was wondering what is the price for the snake men 2-pack??

40.00 for subholders, 44 for day of. Twice the cost of one fig.
    Careful Distribution of Characters?

Scott,

In 2008 I had a friend pick up a King Grayskull for me at SDCC
    Later that year, I bought He-Man and Beastman. I have bought at least one of every figure since then. I have been a subscriber since the day subs first went on sale.

All this time, I have patiently waited for PoP and NA. All this time you have asked that I be patient and trust your roadmap. You assured me that your careful distribution of characters would ensure line longevity.

Well, here we are. The line is in jeopardy and most of the vintage MOTU have been released or revealed, and there's nary a PoP or NA character in sight.

It strikes me that if you had perhaps front-loaded the line with a bit more PoP and NA, the vintage purists would have hung around longer, anticipating a few of those much-coveted figures.

You recently said you would ensure we had most of the major PoP and NA characters by the end of 2014. Then you said that we would get "a minimum of two" per year. Don't you think, perhaps, that we should get a minimum of FOUR per year? You know, just to more carefully distribute those characters since the first go at it didn't work. 4 MOTU, 4 PoP, 4 NA sounds fair to me. See, I'm not even asking for MORE of my favorites than others. Simple equality is all I ask.

Here. Let me help you. I'll show you how to fairly balance MOTU, PoP, NA and FILMation/Jetlag.

2013:
    Jitsu, Fang Man, Snake Face, Lizard Man
    Netossa, Castaspella, Queen Angella, Octavia
    Hydron, Flogg, Crita, Mara
    Quarterlies: Ram Man, Fighting Foe Men, Horde Troopers, Starburst She-Ra
    SDCC: Uncle Montork, Dre-Elle, Kowl, Loo-Kee, Imp

2014:
    Mantenna, Clamp Champ, Ninjor, Strong Arm
    Glimmer, Mermista, Madame Razz, Scorpia
    Hoove, Karatti, Kayo, Lizorr
    Quarterlies: Modulock, Arrow, NA He-Man & NA Skeletor (With swappable Laser Light/Power gear), Sagitar
    SDCC: Stonedar, Rokkon, Granita
    Sub Exclusive: Darius
    Traveling Exclusive: Icer

2015:
    Tung Lashor, Two Bad, Extendar, Evil Seed
    Peekablue, Sweet Bee, Entrapta, Sea Hawk
    Nocturna, Quakke, Spinwit, Staghorn
    Quarterlies: Multi-Bot, Flying Fists He-Man & Terror Claws Skeletor, Shower Power Catra, Stridor
    SDCC: Shokoti & Lord Masque
    Sub Exclusive: Eldor
    Traveling Exclusive: Master Sebrian

2016:
    Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Blast-Attack, Rio Blast
    Double Trouble, Flutterina, Perfuma, Spinerella
    Tuskador, Vizar, Artilla, Butthead
    Quarterlies: Night Stalker, Clawdeen, Scratchin' Sound Catra, Rotar & Twistoid
    SDCC: Gwildor, Blade, and Saurod
    Sub Exclusive: Dare
    Traveling Exclusive: Veena

If you just do that, you can have everyone from all three vintage lines, most of the beasts, and the most fan-demanded FILMation/Jetlag/Concept characters, all within the next four years. Not just A-Listers. ALL of them.

I think your team has done a great job with MOTUC so far. But sadly, it's time to adjust things a bit. I hope my list can prove to be somewhat helpful.

Great ideas! I'll be sure to pass them to the team.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I think if we hit the minimum they will tell us. Being desperate for consumers isn't exactly a draw. If a line is hot, that's a draw! If they hit the minimum and guarantee the line another year, that would probably have more of a positive effect on sales.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I think if we hit the minimum they will tell us. Being desperate for consumers isn't exactly a draw. If a line is hot, that's a draw! If they hit the minimum and guarantee the line another year, that would probably have more of a positive effect on sales.
    Good point. And I hope you're right! I just think they'll hold out telling us that the minimum has been met so it'll scare more people on the bubble to buy a sub.

I want the news of 2013 being safe as fast as possible.

tobad about Rattllors belt, now i will have to cut it off lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

What! Sub Thermometer..."we are working on this"!!!

Are we still really that far out?!?

So many great fans have recently reconsidered and purchased subs...there has been an increase in optimism, yet we are getting a thermometer??? The 25% price increase gives you no added profit to offset volume decline??

How about a little positive reinforcement to carry us all through. Completely dispiriting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I doubt it is a scare tactic. Look as his body language and eye motions in the video. He is being very honest. Just because the man works for Mattel and is told to push the subs does not mean everything he says is a lie or just to make money. The corporation itself is in it for the profits, Scott is in it for both, as a fan and for his job, but this video clearly shows his feelings as a fan of the line.

If you are worried about not getting certain figures, get the sub. If you are worried about the line ending, get the sub. If you cannot afford it, then do not get the sub. No one is forcing you to get the sub, the situation is what it is. The outcome will be whatever it ends up being. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Stands up and claps That is the most positive comment I have read from you about Scott & MOTUC's
    Thank you for posting that

I wonder how much the Matty ad in the DC MOTU Comic helped?

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    MULTIPLE COOL SUBSCRIPTION LINEUP NEWS UPDATES

"taken from the toy guru replys over on ask matty!!!!"

PoP FANS READ!!!!!! [here comes your happy place]...

Toy Guru has CONFIRMED in a reply Scorpia is coming in 2013-or-2014.

....then in a following question, he stated that the following PoP figures WOULD be out by the end of 2014 using this new 2013 - 2014 sub sale lineup...

Glimmer
    Castaspella
    Queen Angella
    Mermista

...and commented that MANY of this list below would also be out by the end of 2014...

Scorpia
    Glimmer
    Castaspella
    Angella
    Mermista
    Sweet Bee
    Spinerella
    Perfuma
    Entrapta
    Flutterina
    Madame Razz/Broom/Kowl/Loo-Kee
    Peekablue[/SIZE][/I][/B]
    If this is true, then I definitely WON'T be buying a sub in 2014, and I'll be attempting to sell off a lot of the figures in the 2013 sub that I've purchased.

More fun...

Fighting Foe Men

Why do you think they are the center of such controversy? Personally I don't see them as a make or break for the sub. And I'm really looking forward to them. I think they look great!

As for the other post someone made about Octavia, I think she very much counts, she's awesome, but his point was that she doesn't count as POP, not that she doesn't count in general. And I agree with that. If you want to address POP fans, Octavia doesn't accomplish that.

I think it is the cost. We only did the FFM (and the "model kit drivers") because so many fans were asking for them. They were not in the original roadmap. We added them after so many fan requests.
    KARMA ???!!!!!

This really saddens me to see that all the Matty lines might come to an end,i just want all of the toys i can get....I will be getting may 3 subs by the end of this week (2 DCIE,1 maybe 2 Watchman,& 1 MOTUC).
    ALL i asked for was FAIRNESS (Thermometer) for all subs to get the same attention that you give to MOTUC for all lines you have under your wing and management...That's all Frowner !!! In the past MOTUC was doing ok, but i never would have thought it would come to this...Then this is what you told me just a few weeks ago... Remember this TG...

Quote:
    I was wondering are you really going to have the meter just for DCIE again this year ???

I think it's very un-fair that a retail toy line like DCU with 20 plus waves under its belt, that had to become a club line at the last min has to have a meter for the fans to see if it's a go or not !!!!
    Motuc are fine,and doing great...but all of the other subs didn't get a meter,and they had more time to get set up.Where as DCIE had only days befroe SDCC2011 panel.
    In the end some did so so too,you know the other subs i'm talking about Roll Eyes.

I just saying it a little discouraging when i go to sign up and there's this big "Power Gauge" waiting to be filled up with $$$....
    This is not the jerry lewis tela-thon !!! Roll Eyes

So please no meter this time...or if you do,do it for everbody.

"IT'S FAIR"-Two-Face,tdk

"We need to do a meter for DC due to barely hitting the min number last year. In hindsight, we would have done one for GB last year. It came as a surprise that that line did not hit the min. MOTU has always done 50% over the min so that line does not need a meter. It is doing WAY over the min.

If DC does not hit the min this year (via the meter) the sub will not go forward in 2013."

"That was less then 3 weeks ago,so MOTUC doesn't need one huh" ???
    I'm telling as many ppl as i can about the subs,in short it was all about "FAIRNESS".
    Oh before you say"What was your Question" here it is....

How will you and your team (if the sub makes it) Get us fans excited again about Matty.com ???

Keep up the great work and be fair

By continuing to put out great fan requested figures like Ram Man and Elongated Man with cool fan demanded surprises like Fighting Foe Men and Wally West.
    Do you think the problem is...

That there are far too many sub-factions to MOTU? It must be hard to placate to POP, NA, Vintage, Preternia, Filmation, 200X, etc. It seems you can't please everyone 100% of the time. But do you think this is ultimately what's working against the line?

That is certainly true. WE do our best but know we can never please everyone. I just try to please myself. If I like the toy, I'm happy. (which is why Roboto still bugs me)
    POP (the Great Rebellion) and the Horde

First, I'd like to thank you for all the hard work you've put into this amazing toy line.

I do not want to seem ungrateful for everything that you've done to keep this line alive, but many POP fans are really trying to make it clear to you that POP (which really should be referred to as the Great Rebellion - stickers coming soon - is NOT the same as the Horde.) Do we want every member of the Horde? YES. However, it seems that you think that the Great Rebellion and the Horde are one and the same. I've never once read a statement from you that said, "well if you see Clamp Champ then MOTU's slots are filled so you don't need Tongue Lashor."

The Great Rebellion (commonly referred to as POP) and NA customers (as have even the MOTU-only collectors) really have tried to keep the subs alive knowing that our priorities are not Mattel's priorities and we must bide our time while hoping and praying to see our favorite factions grow... It's not fair tell us (even if it's said politely) to just be happy we're seeing another female figure. I bought two 2012 subs just because you showed Shadow Weaver at SDCC last year. That's right, I spent an extra $700 (with shipping) just because there was one character I've waited for many years to add to my collection. Smart? Probably not. Did it support the line so I could see more amazing favorites? I sure hope so.

We all know you are trying to keep the line alive, and you need to make the decisions you feel are best. Please keep in mind that it takes more than MOTU vintage purists to keep the line alive...

Thanks!

PS - Castaspella and Octavia in 2013 would be a major step in the right direction! You have the power.

I think you will be very happy with our 2013 line and even happier with 2014!
    Give me more names and I might sub

I keep reading all these posts about people begging for you to give more information about what is upcoming for 2013, and they're all being answered with the same generic response about how sub holders are completionists and by definition they don't need more information so it wouldn't help.

Everytime I see this response I get frustrated because I feel you couldn't be more wrong.

By your definition the completionists are going to want everything anyways, so I would hazard a guess that those are the people who have already subbed up.

I'm the one you have to convince to get another sub. A cherry-picker turned subber who needs to be convinced not to return to cherry-picking, regardless of how hard you might be making it.

2012 was the first year I got a sub. I'm not a completionist at all. There's a number of figures I never bought because I wasn't interested in them. But I'll admit, the semi doom and gloom announcements last year of increased prices for day-of-sales, limited quantities for day-of-sales, and the ridiculous headaches that come with trying to order something off of MattyCollector on sale day pushed me to a sub, but barely. The Star Sisters were a serious mark against a sub as I had beyond zero interest in them, but the announcement of Sorceress, Fisto, Shadow Weaver and Kobra Kahn were enough to get me to sub.

This year? Not so much.

I definitely want Ram Man. Badly. Jitsu is probably a buy. Fang Man and King He-Man? Eh. Netossa? Nope. A $75 Fighting Foe-Man 3-pack? That's where I officially checked out.

I've been trying to rationalize a sub, I really have. I can afford it, that's not the question. If I don't spend money on MOTUC, I'll wind up buying more of some of the other lines I enjoy as well. That being said, MOTUC is my favorite and the one I look forward to the most. But with the reveals so far we're looking at $205 worth of product and I'm only sold on $30-55 worth of it. That's just not a do-able ratio for me. I could pay double on the secondary market for the ones I want and still wind up saving money. (And it's hard to ignore the fact I'm really running short on display room for these guys. You've put out way too many awesome toys over the last few years and deserve to be commended for that. But it means it's one sad side effect that makes it easier to pass on characters I'm not sold on).

I have $505 or whatever the sub costs just sitting here, begging you to convince me to let you have it. If the future of the line is that much in doubt, it's time to think outside of the box, and go beyond canned answers that don't really address the issue.

Completionists don't need more names off the 2013 list that you've admitted many, many times is locked in stone. You already have those people. But you don't have me, not yet at least. A small glimpse at that magical list might be enough to push the ratio high enough to convince me to sub again.

Of course, those same names might be enough to convince someone else to not sub. I definitely don't envy you your job right now.

I believe you've done a lot of good for this line Scott, and I appreciate your passion for the property and how much you interact with the fans. I'm just at the point where I'm struggling to blindly pay for so much, when what has already been revealed for 2013 isn't really appealing to me. Can you help a guy out?

I've noted a few times so for the record, we can not reveal more names and we can not change anything in 2013. Mods, if you can please note this for repeat questions that would be appreciated. Trying to steamline since we get the same questions over and over.

You've seen 4 years of product at this point so pretty much you know the range of produce we do. I wish we could make this so you can pick and choose but that is not the case.
    Time agents question

I know everyone is talking about subs, crisis and all that, but I have one small canonical question (so TG can take a small break from the doom and gloom questions)
    Do the OTHER Time agents wear suits exactly like the Mighty Spector's?

In my mind there was only one suit and the agents are like a pit crew or a field agent in the FBI or something. But I suppose more suits can be made and they can all wear these suits. Heck, that could be anyone wearing the suit under that mask!It really is a suit, whom the agent is I guess is up to you!
    Subscriber early access question...

Will the early subscriber access start in 2012 with non sub items like the weapons pack and Granamyr, or will the early access start in 2013 when the subs actually start?

It will start in 2013.
    What's really the deal?

Toy Guru posted this info in a recent update I seen "We’re still working on getting Early Access products to ship with subscription products and will post as soon as we have an answer. Right now it is just early access to buy but we hope to also let you combine Early Access with sub shipments. Update on this as soon as we confirm it will work."

Then I get this answer to my comment the other day from Sean who is a Matty moderator "Early access non-sub items will be combined with subscription items".

So which is it? Has this been figured out or what? If so, why hasn't there been some kind of formal announcement about it? I've seen many posts and questions regarding this issue, can someone please clear this up.

WE don't yet have the functionality to combine the shipping but we are working on it. For now, it is early access. Hopefully in time you can also combine shipping. That is the goal in time with these upgrades.
    Re-worked subscription period for 2014????

I've been thinking, instead of a 3 week subscription period for the 2014 subscription (If 2013 goes ahead.) I have been thinking,,, what if the 2014 subscription went on sale for 6 months instead, say, the subscription sales started January 2013 and went until SDCC that year.
    That would give enough time for enough people to purchase a sub in their own time as well as still leave Mattel enough time to supply the final numbers of orders to the manufacturer. is there any reason as to why this might not work?

The reason is three weeks is because we don't have all the samples to preview until SDCC (the Horsemen were painting on the plane!) and if we don't cut it off and lock in our quota by Aug 7th we loose out on the Jan and Feb figures. It is all interwoven.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    If this is true, then I definitely WON'T be buying a sub in 2014, and I'll be attempting to sell off a lot of the figures in the 2013 sub that I've purchased.
    .....because Mattel is finally going to live up to it's promises from 2008 of completing the characters from all the vintage toylines?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Well I think Scott has learned that the concept figures are ok but don't want three packs. I love the line and I would love to buy three subs but I don't think it will work. I love and can't wait for fang man
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    .....because Mattel is finally going to live up to it's promises from 2008 of completing the characters from all the vintage toylines?
    That has absolutely NOTHING to do with it, for me. It would be solely because I don't want that many POP characters in a single year, and the sub would have no value for me. I don't like 95% of the POP characters. Sorry. That's just my personal preference.

There's too much to keep up with! Has it been mentioned anywhere what they plan to do about the "Fan Choice" character? Are they still keeping that slot open in 2013 or maybe they're planning to scrap the winning figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    maybe they're planning to scrap the winning figure?
    And a new "photog" is born

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I have to say that the one "answer" that bugs me is the one regarding Lazy-Eye Spikor.

Will there actually BE customer service stock?

That seems a bit dodgy...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

There's too much to keep up with! Has it been mentioned anywhere what they plan to do about the "Fan Choice" character? Are they still keeping that slot open in 2013 or maybe they're planning to scrap the winning figure?
    They can still do the Fan Choice character if the budget has been already set. 2014 is going to be the 80's figure year.

I think some of those choices are in trouble since their companion figures might never get made if the 2015 sub never gets off the ground. Imagine getting the Green Mask of Power Demon, but not getting the Red Demon? Or getting Illumina, but not her cat, Sleetah? If the line is truly on borrowed time, then the winner would have to be a one and done character. Mattel might pick a winner no matter who really wins.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I don't think it's been specifically addressed, at least not that I've seen. I think like everything else in 2013, it is dependent upon the sub (and the line as a whole) going forward. As long as enough people buy subs, I think we will still get whatever the winning figure is. ToyGuru keeps saying how they can't make any changes to the 2013 plan, and making the winning character has been part of that plan, so my guess is that we would will get the winning figure provided that the line isn't canceled. The changes in the originally planned line up won't happen until 2014 (if the line lasts that long).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

2013 cannot be changed. It's untouchable, unless the minimum subs don't go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Good point. And I hope you're right! I just think they'll hold out telling us that the minimum has been met so it'll scare more people on the bubble to buy a sub.

I want the news of 2013 being safe as fast as possible.
    This is my thought as well. By not telling us immediately more people on the fence possibly could sub up. And if it is safe those potential sales could never happen.

Heroic Warrior
    Given how many times Scott has reiterated that the 2013 line is locked in, I would assume that they intend to honor the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I have to say that the one "answer" that bugs me is the one regarding Lazy-Eye Spikor.

Will there actually BE customer service stock?

That seems a bit dodgy...
    Based on RGD 89, yes. He said it was a one time mistake with Fisto and Sorceress.

Phew!!!! Toyguru doesn't play!

2 packs to further things along?

I was wondering, with all this doom and gloom about the possibility of the sub not meeting it's goal, would it be possible to start an "outside the sub" 2 packs? To maybe help crank out some figures?

They could be easy variants like NA He-Man and Skeletor or a logical pairing like Angella and Glimmer.

Just a thought. I remembered when you mentioned in the beginning that 2 packs was the plan.

This is one possible thing we could do, but not until 2014. 2013 is locked.
    he-man skleletor filmation and 200x...

i have done 3 sub and am going to by soon my 4° sub...
    so i continyue my support...
    i have 2 question:

1)i would like ask if it is possible see before end of collection
    finally a he-man and skeletor filmation.
    many fans(all!) should buy it sure,and will be a best seller of all times on mattycollectors..

2)i am also sorry very VERY much that GRizzlor have not a 200x head,cause it was in projects,and i saw it on picture magazine,maybe it will be possible see this head in future? maybe in a other horde package like bonus, and do not forget that many fans like 200x serie and would like see he-man and skeletor 200x in clssics way.

please give me an answer

No plans right now. But buy a 2013 sub and we'll see where we can go.
    Club Eternia 2014 Total Items Amount Suggestion

Scott, I would like to make a suggestion for the 2014 Subscription of MOTUC.
    Please release the 12 Monthly Figures + 1 Subscription Exclusive only.
    If you must add Quarterly Items for extra tooling of oversized figures, please cap them at a maximum of $35 each.

If the 2013 Subscription would have been this way, I would have been able to afford to subscribe for 2 subs instead of 1! I hear this a lot more, that people would be able to afford an additional sub if there were no high priced items in it, so I do sincerely believe it is a factor which can potentially hold back subs at the very least in the hundreds...

I hope to see every MOTU/PoP/NA ever released in figure form into MOTUC along with the most popular FILMation/Jetlag/MikeYoung characters and I will support the line till the very end!

The 2013 line is set. We will base the 2014 line off of how well the 2013 line sells.
    MattyCollecter News Section needs a DR Sales Tax Explanation

Please have the DR folks post a news announcement that explains why they have begun to collect sales tax for different states. The average online consumer is completely ignorant regarding the paying and collection of sales/use tax for online purchases. As state governments pass new laws, Digital River is now responsible for sales tax collection. This is coming as a surprise to many people and they are blaming Mattel/DR for something that isn't their fault.

The ideal response would be a list of all 50 states and how much (if any) DR collects from residents of said state.

I asked DR if they can advise any details. Please stand by.
    Flimation Distinction

I like many fans hope to see POP and NA get their fair share of the slots in 2013 and 2014.

My question is how come you count Filmation characters like Scorpia and Octavia in your yearly quota for POP. But do NOT count Fang Man in your quota for vintage MOTU. At lest that is the way it seems from your response to questions here and at SDCC.

Please be fare, POP and NA has many A and B listers left, and vintage MOTU has only C and D. Filmation is it's own beast and as these characters have never seen a plastic form they should be considered a separate faction.

Octavia or Scorpia would count as BOTH Filmation and POP and Horde and as a female just as Fang Man counts as an Evil Warrior, Fimation, male and member of the red vest club for monsters.
    re: Rattlors arm band?

will he come with the Horde arm band that he had on at SDCC?

Yes. And it is removable. But not eatable.
    Update mayhaps?

Thank you for all the honesty and updates? So here we are, Monday after a panicky weekend? Are we close to the minimum?

Not close yet. Usually we hit the min in the first 48 hours. Hence the revised planning already in place.

Come on MOTUC fans! We can do it! If you bought a sub in any of the past four years - renew! It is the only way to keep the variety going. You want more MOTUC, we can do this! Renew up today.
    Oo-Larr and Green Goddess 2 pack for 2013 SDCC exclusive!

Is the SDCC 2013 SDCC exclusive also thought out already? Why not do a Oo-Larr and Green Goddess 2 pack for 2013 SDCC exclusive? Plenty of fans still want an Oo-Larr figure (hopefully with Alcala He-Man head) and want a non-translucent Green Goddess, especially since their Goddesses broke because of the sonic welder. This could be our last time to get either character if the line doesn't make it to 2015.

A great idea but nothing to announce right now.
    thank you scott for answering so many of our questions

thank you.. P.S. don'tforget the rock people

Oh I m dying for the rock people!
    New Fan Incentives?

Big fan of your reveals thus far, and I've already subbed and probably biting he bullet on the DCU one as well but I do have a question.

I understand Mattel is a business, and the model you're using is subs = guaranteed sell, you should show it to Matty Brass, they continue to support the line and the line continues. I realize it's all hinged on us at this point; my questions is:

What reason is there for someone new to jump in at this point? Whilst the figures look AMAZING, no one is going to be able to get Evil-Lyn, or Teela,or Battle Armour He-Man. Have you thought about how that is effecting subs?

I have a few friends that do not jump in because they can't get a lot of essential figures. I wouldn't be on board at this point in the game knowing Man-E-Faces and Mer-Man are gone for good!

Tons of essentials are on sale each month and many of the main A list figures are available year round!
    I feel I have been misled somewhat.

Hi Scott, thanks for answering our questions.

I started collecting MOTUC once I found out it was an all-inclusive project. The thought of having all the major players from the various incarnations of He-Man and She-Ra in one cohesive style really struck a chord with me, and while I have only been buying from MattyCollector for 18 months, I have an impressive and much-loved collection. Kudos to the team for that.

However, I do feel I have been misled somewhat. This is how the toyline is described...

By the Power of Grayskull™, we’ve got Masters of the Universe® Classics! All your favorite characters from the worlds of He-Man® and She-Ra™ come to life as highly-detailed, fully-articulated action figures. Update your collection by visiting every month when old and new fan favorites alike become available.

...but it seems to me that all the remaining characters from the vintage MOTU toyline are taking priority over major characters from other related properties. Please reconsider this and look at all the characters as a whole, and work through them in a logical order. I'm dying for a Gwildor figure, but I want Glimmer too. I'd love Stonedar and Rokkon, but Hydron and Flogg deserve some love as well.

I know you've said that we'll get through all the major characters should this line continue, but I still can't help but worry that we're more likely to see exploding robots and spinning top creatures than we are Madame Razz and Crita, and that would be a shame.

As I've said, I'm an "all-in" type of guy. But if this line ended prematurely I would rather have a balanced, but incomplete collection, than a full set of MOTU with a few lonely Rebels and Mutants sprinkled into the mix.

Thanks for your time.

If you want the greatest variety you need to subscribe. That is our goal too. But we need customers for this.
    Clarification on my FFM question: can we have none available day of?

Thank you for answering all these questions!!!

I think I wasn't clear before; I'm not suggesting the FFM be taken out of the sub, but could you announce right now that there will NOT be any of them available for DAY OF sales? I suggest this because a lot of people are saying this to themselves:

"I want to sub but don't want to be stuck with a 3 pack I am not interested in and won't be able to resell to recoup those costs."

BUT if we knew right now that there would NOT be any of the FFM available for day of sales I think they'd say:

"Oh good! Now I can buy a sub and it will probably be easy to resell this 3 pack since there won't be any available outside the sub. I'll go to Mattycollector.com right now and sign up for a sub. ****, I might sign up for four!"

Would this be possible?

We need to wait until the sell in before reviewing quotas for each fig. There will be quite a lot of 2013 product with zero day of.
    SDCC 2013 Exclusive Question

Is it possible for you to release 2 or more comic con exclusives next year to get ahead on some factions and take further advantage of the unique tooling usually reserved for the con? Maybe one MOTU inspired and one POP inspired?

Personally, I would love to purchase themed exclusives such as Madame Razz packaged with Broom and the 3 main Twiggets in a Whispering Woods themed packaging with lookie in the background! It would be the perfect way to deliver all these characters and would just look amazing as a mint in box item!

Anything is possible. We need to see how 2013 sells in first
    Octavia

To go along with Staff of Ka i think Octavia will be a great figure as does he. We are just saying she or Scorpia should in no way count as one of the POP reveals for 2013 if that is the case than vintage MOTU should be cut down by two because of Fang Man and Ram Man being a large scale so in those terms MOTU has Jitsu, Ram Man, Snake Face and Fang Man already thats four slots out of 13 time to even up the distribution.

Put it this way, we have at least 2 vintage toy POP and at least 2 vintage toy NA figures planned for 2013 (including Netossa). Octavia or anyone Filmation that is also POP would be on top of that. Nuff said.
    Sub question/idea

I know this isn't ideal, and that it's difficult because things do change a lot. But to avoid heavy months, and light months, would it be better to tally up the total for a sub by year, and then divide it into 12 equal payments? That might take the sting out of it for some people.

We did look into this and it just wasn't possible. But it was explored.
    a math question

Pixel Dan paraphrased you in saying that subs are down 60-70% from last year. You have stated in the past that MOTU was 50% over the minimum and that is why it never needed the accursed meter. Doing the math, the means we are around 80% of the minimum to push the sub through this year.

Is this an accurate estimate?

That is about right. We would have been fine had we only lost 50%. We lost more then that.
    Off the wall question

And last question from me today, I promise

While it's great that 2013 and 2014 will focus on vintage/POP/NA heavy hitters, so the line doesn't die without releasing main players. And I do think the subs should go that way, but...

For those of us that do like the concept characters like FFM, and characters like Procrustus, and Castle Grayskullman, and Cy Chop. Will it be possible in 2013/2014 to somehow release some more of these guys on top of the sub, as exclusives or something? I hate to see this taste of variety go away.

If we get enough support for 2013. It all depends on that.
    There Are So Many Fan Demanded Characters & Variants Are Waiting !

Toyguru quote:
    If we only did fan demanded figures the line would end much quicker. The goal was always to make as many figures as possible before the line got more expensive to produce then fans were willing to pay. We didn't want to just burn through all the fan demanded A list figures in year 1. Look what happened with the Staction line...

In response to your answer, I got to deny it COMPLETELY ! It’s totally inaccurate if you ask me !

There are too many, I mean too many fan demanded characters left form Vintage/Filmation/POP/NA/200X factions are available for 2-3 years of products ! And BTW, not to forget the variants form ALL eras ! With over 50+ fan demanded variants looking for its spot in MOTUC , they are well worthy to for 4 full years alone !!

I think the concepts should be “rested” at least for the next 3 years. Furthermore, we’ve already seen six brand new characters form the 30th anniversary series. So I hope you’ll ban the new & obscure characters in MOTUC for the time being (Well, at least for the next three years) !

Oh I 100% agree. We do think their are a few years left (hence the original roll out through 2016). But based on 2013 sell in thus far it appears the price increase is having a big affect. We always said we would make these toys as long as their is an audience buying them. I hope we are not at that point yet!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 23, 2012 at 10:46pm.

HAHAHAHA well as long as the pantie's are still eatable i'm good

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Some updates via Pixel Dan's twitter:
    How is Pixel Dan NOT on the ballot for President of the United States this fall?

Thanks for the calm, Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Update mayhaps?

Thank you for all the honesty and updates? So here we are, Monday after a panicky weekend? Are we close to the minimum?

Not close yet. Usually we hit the min in the first 48 hours. Hence the revised planning already in place.
    Well that seems to be the update, still not at the minimum yet and we lost more than 50% of the subs.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."