Page 53 of 188 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 4680

Thread: Toyguru Update on 2013 Subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Scott said today that there were 2 vintage PoP and 2 vintage NA in the 2013, but that wouldn't include possible Filmation like Scorpia, etc.
    Yeah, that's not much of an incentive. It's strange that 2013 was said to be a Filmation-heavy year, yet they're seemingly only including characters from the MOTU series in that year's line-up? You would think it would switch back to POP at some point in 2013, since they already did King Randor in 2012 and Fangman at the start of 2013. But then maybe Jetlag characters will make an appearance. *crossing fingers*

Spector get's wacked

These toys aren't everlasting, though, they will degrade over a couple of years. Many of them are cracking, rotting, discolouring after 2 or 3 years ... IN PACKAGE.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Man, I can barely come to the boards anymore for all the bickering back and forth

That being said, I like the idea of all the vintage and most of the She-ra and New Adventure figures coming out fast and furious!

The 2015 I don't think should drop to the six figures but go back to the 12 figure a year roots! And if the figures could be voted on so we know at least half them that would be great!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNob...yer_embedded#!

Spector get's wacked

These toys aren't everlasting, though, they will degrade over a couple of years. Many of them are cracking, rotting, discolouring after 2 or 3 years ... IN PACKAGE.
    OMG.

1) He has sunk that low..."A sub costs 16 cents a day..." (Well, not if you include the horrendous shipping...but this isn't a cable or phone service, either.)

2) "The sub page will hopefully be up in a few weeks, and by January the page will be up..." - That's what we were told last January! And is it a few weeks, or by January???

Seriously, I never watch these, and I certainly am taking no pleasure in what is going on right now - but I have to say watching him squirm is amusing in a twisted way, now that his confidence is blown and he's in serious trouble. When he talks about Mattel assigning "resources" like him to other brands, I think he means reassigning him to the unemployment line which is why he is so visibly scared.

Like I've said, I bought a sub - I've done my part - but I just think he's gone too far off the deep end, and I have my doubts 2013 will even happen, much less the promises of 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Yeah, that's not much of an incentive. It's strange that 2013 was said to be a Filmation-heavy year, yet they're seemingly only including characters from the MOTU series in that year's line-up? You would think it would switch back to POP at some point in 2013, since they already did King Randor in 2012 and Fangman at the start of 2013. But then maybe Jetlag characters will make an appearance. *crossing fingers*

Actually what he was saying is that Scorpia, *if* she was scheduled (it's clear she is - just admit it Scott LOL), she would count as a Filmation, and not the one revealed PoP.

So, a good thing - but not a great thing.

"For about the cost of a cup of coffee a day you can sponsor a figure"...

why does it have to end in 2014? There are easily over 20 something vintage motu, na and pop. A sub based on those characters alone should be interesting enough

Actually what he was saying is that Scorpia, *if* she was scheduled (it's clear she is - just admit it Scott LOL), she would count as a Filmation, and not the one revealed PoP.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Exactly. That stuck out to me straight away...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyGuru
    "these guys last forever, you can have them on your desk from here til Doomsday"
    Well, apart from making a joke about Doomsday being in 2012 , let me ask how those people who have a shattered Goddess figure feel about that statement? Or a broken trunk on Snout Spout? Or even a Yellowing Stay Puft Man for that matter?

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyGuru
    "Mattel believes in this line, Management believes in this line"
    Well, what's the problem? Why are they so willing to abort the line if Scott can't "justify (a 2014 line) to management" or "justify (Scott's) resources"? According to Scott's previous statements, they seem pretty eager to stop the line at the drop of a hat for a bunch of people who believe in it. The period for Sub sales hasn't even finished yet, and there's been nothing but talk of doom and gloom!! Thank Heavens we've got Scott in there fighting for us...

Overall, though... positive news (which doesn't surprise me). Looks like 2013 should still go ahead, and that's a GREAT thing!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    ToyGuru: "When Classics does finish, MOTU as a brand won't go away. It will continue, possibly with new toy lines."

If MOTUC ends I will not get any figure not compatible with MOTUC, so If you want my money make all the vehicles and new beasts in the same scale with MOTUC and all be fine.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

OMG.

1) He has sunk that low..."A sub costs 16 cents a day..." (Well, not if you include the horrendous shipping...but this isn't a cable or phone service, either.)

2) "The sub page will hopefully be up in a few weeks, and by January the page will be up..." - That's what we were told last January! And is it a few weeks, or by January???

Seriously, I never watch these, and I certainly am taking no pleasure in what is going on right now - but I have to say watching him squirm is amusing in a twisted way, now that his confidence is blown and he's in serious trouble. When he talks about Mattel assigning "resources" like him to other brands, I think he means reassigning him to the unemployment line which is why he is so visibly scared.

Like I've said, I bought a sub - I've done my part - but I just think he's gone too far off the deep end, and I have my doubts 2013 will even happen, much less the promises of 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

A sub will cost me $1.89 per day. $690/365=$1.89

- - - Updated - - -

I think TG's statements about what % we are at are not clear - we can't draw any definite conclusions. Here's my interpretation:

Say last year we sold 100 subs. When TG said we could lose half our subs and still hit the minimum, that would me the minimum to go forward with 2013 is 50 subs. If he said we are down 60-70% over last year, then we have sold 30-40 subs. So we need another 10-20 to hit the minimum. If we go with the middle, 15, then we are at 70% of the minimum numbers of subs needed to go forward (35/50=70%).

With 2 weeks left, I think we can get there. A lot of people are saying they'll sub up once they get paid, some are making Mattel sweat it out in the hopes that Mattel will learn some lessons in humility and the importance of customer service. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope the line continues, because there is clearly a lot of love for the line here. And the good fans of MOTU deserve to be happy.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I agree with Prahvus. This line isn't friendly to fans who weren't present from at least 2011. Mattel should try to ALWAYS acquire new fans. For every fan who is leaving the line who is angered by Digital River or character selection, there could be a fan who likes what he sees and is trying to get into the line. Not going into production for older figures keeps the customer base not only small, but dwindling down from the original base. Why get into the line if you can't get the figures? If I just found out about MOTUC at SDCC, I'm in trouble. I can't get the Sorceress or Teela, Shadow Weaver costs a fortune, characters from 2012 on up aren't coming back and now the line is possibly dying.
    But this is like this with any toyline, you want to get into Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe, DC Universe Classics, Star Wars, etc. You have to go back and track down harder to get figures, and truely there are only a few that are more than the Matty price. And if you buy a lot then you can usually get a great deal that will reduce the per figure price.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

"For about the cost of a cup of coffee a day you can sponsor a figure"...
    LMAO, that video totally played like that

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Exactly. That stuck out to me straight away...
    Well, apart from making a joke about Doomsday being in 2012 , let me ask how those people who have a shattered Goddess figure feel about that statement? Or a broken trunk on Snout Spout? Or even a Yellowing Stay Puft Man for that matter?

Also, Well, what's the problem? Why are they so willing to abort the line if Scott can't "justify (a 2014 line) to management" or "justify (Scott's) resources"? According to Scott's previous statements, they seem pretty eager to stop the line at the drop of a hat for a bunch of people who believe in it. The period for Sub sales hasn't even finished yet, and there's been nothing but talk of doom and gloom!! Thank Heavens we've got Scott in there fighting for us...

Overall, though... positive news (which doesn't surprise me). Looks like 2013 should still go ahead, and that's a GREAT thing!
    It's all about the bottomline, if they can't make money there is no sense in losing it when you could take the resources and try something else that could possibly make money or became the next big thing (think Monster High).

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    You can't please everyone!

Some will cry for more POP some for NA - then if we do get those - some vintage fans will moan that those are too many in the year - its really tough balancing the year out.

I think 2 POP and 2 NA is fair for 2013- and I am a fan of those factions. If we do get 2 POP in 2013 and say Octavia and Sea-Hawk - I would be fine with that.

I think the breakdown for 2013 should be like this:

2 POP
    2 NA
    1 200X
    3 Filmation
    4 Vintage
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    It's all about the bottomline, if they can't make money there is no sense in losing it when you could take the resources and try something else that could possibly make money or became the next big thing (think Monster High).
    Yeah, I get that... and I agree with you. I'm not arguing that. My problem is that Scott gives conflicting messages about it, depending on what he thinks fans want to hear... it's either "Management believes in MOTUC" or "Help me convince Management to keep this line alive". The little routine has lost its impact on many!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    why does it have to end in 2014? There are easily over 20 something vintage motu, na and pop. A sub based on those characters alone should be interesting enough
    It doesn't have to end in 2014. I think TG wants to try to get all of the characters out there before another price increase could occur.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Yeah, I get that... and I agree with you. I'm not arguing that. My problem is that Scott gives conflicting messages about it, depending on what he thinks fans want to hear... it's either "Management believes in MOTUC" or "Help me convince Management to keep this line alive". The little routine has lost its impact on many!
    Exactly right. How many times have we heard from Scott that the line is in good health and that even if we sold half the subs as 2012 we would still be in a good place? Was all that a lie? How did the line suddenly go from that to being in danger of cancellation?

If the line is truly in trouble, then the only way that it went from 'success' to 'close to cancelled' is because fans are protesting against something with their wallet. I wonder what that may be...

I also don't believe all this 'It's too late to change things to what fans want but we can't reveal 2013 characters because we may want to make changes' bull. So is it too late to change things or not? He's always contradicting himself either on the same post or in this case, the same video! I had enough with Scott's same old and tired rhetoric.
    Last edited by kup; July 24, 2012 at 08:27am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Exactly right. How many times have we heard from Scott that the line is in good health and that even if we sold half the subs as 2012 we would still be in a good place? Was all that a lie? How did the line suddenly go from that to being in danger of cancellation?

If the line is truly in trouble, then the only way that it went from 'success' to 'close to cancelled' is because fans are protesting against something with their wallet. I wonder what that may be...

http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...05-470x500.jpg

I also don't believe all this 'It's too late to change things to what fans want but we can't reveal 2013 characters because we may want to make changes' bull. So is it too late to change things or not? He's always contradicting himself either on the same post or in this case, the same video! I had enough with Scott's same old and tired rhetoric.
    I agree that there are severe customer service problems, but could we stop bringing up Spector in this thread? He was one figure in a line of six figures that subscribers were not required to buy. He is hardly the reason why sub sales are down. It is more related to customer service and price increases.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    I agree that there are severe customer service problems, but could we stop bringing up Spector in this thread? He was one figure in a line of six figures that subscribers were not required to buy. He is hardly the reason why sub sales are down. It is more related to customer service and price increases.
    The point of the Spector picture is to represent the mis-management of MOTUC. Guess who happens to be managing said line?

If sales are indeed down, then it is reasonable to assume that people are protesting with their wallet about Scott's inability or unwillingness to do anything about all the problems with the line and the whole array of broken promises. I am also sure that his 'self indulgences' with MOTUC are also a factor in loss sub sales but as you said, that's but one issue among dozens of others.
    Last edited by kup; July 24, 2012 at 08:53am.

Heroic Warrior
    Well Mattel owns the brand, and they want it to be successful so even if Classics fails MOTU will live on and be used again and again. So while he says management believes in the line (or brand) if the support for the sub isn't there it doesn't matter if management is behind the brand.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    The highlights of the video:

0:00 Let's see his overcrowded collection... in Los Angeles there are earthquakes every 5 minutes and you put your collection in an open furniture?
    00:40 Divine punishment: Lousy Spector falls!
    01:22 We can't change 2013 roadmap. So you know exactly what will come out, so a pre-order for each figure, or a print-on-demand system, isn't an impossible thing...
    02:36 "A sub costs 16 cents a day...", if he'll pay the shipments and the customs fees to everyone...
    02:37 A second later ...he's saying what we should do with our money! Unbelievable! Don't go to the museum ! Because this year your money should be invested in MOTUC! Who are you? You are filthy rich and you are telling us that we should sacrifice the rest of our lives? For what? For you? Or for toys with the worst QC ever?
    02:46 MASTERPIECE! He says that these toys will last forever! And then he takes.. what figure? Roboto! Guys ... Roboto! One of the figures with worst issues! This man is a genius...
    04:09 He says that this is the best they can do for international customers ... so increasing the cost of the shipping that's the best that they can do?
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior
    Are you sure you should be bringing this up again, after a Mod has explicitly told everyone not to?

He didn't. Some people have either missed the point, or are trying to just stir trouble!!

Perhaps "Stockholm Syndrome" is less offensive for some people! Not quite the same thing, but it's worth a google.
    I think the bigger issue at hand, and the one I find more offensive, is the implication that anybody who CHOOSES to buy a sub somehow doesn't know what they're doing, or is wrong to do so.

I've never been treated poorly by Matty, and I'm going to buy a sub. So where is the Stockholm syndrome in that equation?

kup has an OPINION, and he's using it to denigrate and demean those who feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    I think the bigger issue at hand, and the one I find more offensive, is the implication that anybody who CHOOSES to buy a sub somehow doesn't know what they're doing, or is wrong to do so.

I've never been treated poorly by Matty, and I'm going to buy a sub. So where is the Stockholm syndrome in that equation?

kup has an OPINION, and he's using it to denigrate and demean those who feel differently.
    That's not the point at all, you missed it by miles or you simply don't want to see it as it has been explained several times already.

What the hey, I will give you a hint, just for you :

[whispers]It's not about people who buy subs and more about some people's grip on reality[/whispers]

To put it simply, if you like to believe or idolize a guy who repeatedly kicks you in the nuts just because he sells you candy, then good for you.
    Last edited by kup; July 24, 2012 at 09:09am.

Okay everyone - we want to discuss the topic at hand, but at this point a few people are starting to strangle the discussion with constant back and forths and repeating their same points over and over.

If you want to engage with a one on one dialogue with another poster, that's great - but take it to PM.
    Once you've stated your point once, then please think about whether you're saying something new or bringing some new perspective to the table before posting again.

That way, lots of posters get to share their thoughts without it getting buried by repeat postings and one on one conversations.

Thanks!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    The highlights of the video:

0:00 Let's see his overcrowded collection... in Los Angeles there are earthquakes every 5 minutes and you put your collection in an open furniture?
    00:40 Divine punishment: Lousy Spector falls!
    01:22 We can't change 2013 roadmap. So you know exactly what will come out, so a pre-order for each figure, or a print-on-demand system, isn't an impossible thing...
    02:36 "A sub costs 16 cents a day...", if he'll pay the shipments and the customs fees to everyone...
    02:37 A second later ...he's saying what we should do with our money! Unbelievable! Don't go to the museum ! Because this year your money should be invested in MOTUC! Who are you? You are filthy rich and you are telling us that we should sacrifice the rest of our lives? For what? For you? Or for toys with the worst QC ever?
    02:46 MASTERPIECE! He says that these toys will last forever! And then he takes.. what figure? Roboto! Guys ... Roboto! One of the figures with worst issues! This man is a genius...
    04:09 He says that this is the best they can do for international customers ... so increasing the cost of the shipping that's the best that they can do?
    ahahahahahahha. classic. and not just for the toy line.
    oh man, that was unkward and embarassing. dont know, im kinda feel empathetic to this guy right now, dont ask me why.

did TG say subscribe for 2013?
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

As far as changing 2013? He may not need to... it may be loaded with A/B list figures already... I bet it is... to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    ToyGuru: "When Classics does finish, MOTU as a brand won't go away. It will continue, possibly with new toy lines."

If MOTUC ends I will not get any figure not compatible with MOTUC, so If you want my money make all the vehicles and new beasts in the same scale with MOTUC and all be fine.
    Yeah, I agree... I don't see myself starting over... unless there is a different brand manager who has more of an affinity for POP and NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat
    I think the breakdown for 2013 should be like this:

2 POP
    2 NA
    1 200X
    3 Filmation
    4 Vintage
    Yeah, I think this is decent... Something like this?

Netossa, Castaspella
    Karatti, Hydron
    Calix or Miro
    Fang Man, Octavia, Strong Arm or Sea Hawk
    Jitsu, Snake Face, Rio Blast, Mantenna

Ram Man is extra... the Troopers could be the 2-pack... or the NA leads could be a 2-pack...

the $25 slot could be a variant... POP or MYP
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That's not the point at all, you missed it by miles or you simply don't want to see it as it has been explained several times already.

What the hey, I will give you a hint, just for you :

[whispers]It's not about people who buy subs and more about some people's grip on reality[/whispers]

To put it simply, if you like to believe or idolize a guy who repeatedly kicks you in the nuts just because he sells you candy, then good for you.
    well, I think its a normal thing. If you love something youre ready to let your ball kicked everytime.

thats what men do after a cheat - if theyre in love they will always come back to the woman, no matter what. period.

and we're like those men. we know that they have the power and we act consequentially, in order to do not lose our toys.
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor